• Hearts007

• Don Dan

• neilnunb

• Geoff Kilpatrick

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brighton Jambo
1 minute ago, Imaman said:

You don’t t get hooked now for being push or in poor form then.

Robbies trying to manage minutes to ensure we are bang ready for the final.  The game was over, this is  a totally dead rubber and he’s making decisions based on fitness and rightly so.  

Samuel Camazzola
Just now, KyleLafferty said:

Are you saying they aren’t good? 

Not been impressed by either whenever I've seen them. Turnbull looks like a glorified 5s player who plays neat and tidy passes (but offers little else).

Neither should be near a Scotland call-up. 

AlphonseCapone

Cochrane. 

Moore. 

Sibbick. 

Boyce. 

GMS. 

Atkinson. 

Woodburn. 

Halliday. 

We've got a lot of players I don't think are good enough for where I'd like to see us aim for next season if I'm being brutally honest. 

Very very poor. 

No matter how good we think we are, or how much progress we are making, it is really quite demoralising how much better they are than us. 

Nothing we don’t already know but still. 

Boyce needs to really get a grip quickly, his form is honking. His inability to keep possession hurt us today. 

And someone needs to sit Sibbick down and have a real word. This is not walking pace football, he does everything so slowly and without any conviction. Doing ma head in! 

Dougie Masterton

Why have Souter and Smith on the bench and not give them 10 minutes each. Baffling. 

Lonewolflins
2 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Add McKay and Boyce and your correct.

Boyce is a shite bag 

Just now, KyleLafferty said:

They’ve spent 30 million this year. Give us 30 million and we’ll compete 

And they're spending another £20m this summer apparently, at least.

😐

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, Dougie Masterton said:

Why have Souter and Smith on the bench and not give them 10 minutes each. Baffling. 

I said this too but some mocked me for suggesting it 

Francis Albert

22 games since we won at Parkhead, 21 of them defeats. This surely the least significant.

Der Kaiser

A very predictable performance and result at Parkhead. A better mentality to these games is long long long overdue.

No injuries is only thing to take from that game.

Ball retention was really poor.

Gordon saved us from a proper drubbing.

Just now, hearts00 said:

Very very poor. 

No matter how good we think we are, or how much progress we are making, it is really quite demoralising how much better they are than us. 

Boyce needs to really get a grip quickly, his form is honking. His inability to keep possession hurt us today. 

And someone needs to sit Sibbick down and have a real word. This is not walking pace football, he does everything so slowly and without any conviction. Doing ma head in! 

The bare minimum you ask and need against the old firm is matching their intensity and effort.  They’ll always have more ability around their team, but it’s the former that gives you a chance.

We’ve lost focus and tailed off alarmingly on the last two visits through there.  

Bull's-eye
1 minute ago, Lonewolflins said:

Boyce is a shite bag 

Away and play with your crayons, don't eat to many before tea though

2 minutes ago, Lonewolflins said:

Boyce is a shite bag 

He's on the wind-up.

Just now, Debut 4 said:

The bare minimum you ask and need against the old firm is matching their intensity and effort.  They’ll always have more ability around their team, but it’s the former that gives you a chance.

We’ve lost focus and tailed off alarmingly on the last two visits through there.  

Exactly. Why Beni and Devlin are such big misses. The lack of impetus, effort and desire from Sibbick is alarming. 

KyleLafferty

Special shout for Murray Thomas making his debut today. Heard he’s done well this year in the 18s. Delighted for him 

jambopilms

Nothing to do with mentality. Everything to do with quality and the gap is getting bigger due to the amounts of money they will get in Europe. Zero we can do about it.

Poor result but not unexpected..

These pre final warm ups will keep the guys ticking over...

Bring on the Zombies..

Hearts007

Drop the majority of them for the final 2 games and stick in a team of  bench players and youngsters

Francis Albert
Just now, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I said this too but some mocked me for suggesting it 

The only question for me is why were they on the bench. Would have been crazy to risk either,

And the idea that they should come on but just not risk being injured crazier.

4 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

They’ve spent 30 million this year. Give us 30 million and we’ll compete 

This! 

BackOfTheNet

A game with nothing to play for, 3rd already secured and players cautious about a final coming up.

That being said, if we don’t have defenders that can mark players and just allow the opposition to whatever the **** they like with the ball, we’re deserving a far bigger defeat than we just got.

End of season meaningless game or not, that was outright unacceptable from players and coaches alike.

Spellczech

We have this ponderous core to the team right now Sibbick - Haring - Boyce. Haring I can excuse as he seldom loses possession and costs us but the other 2 weaken us at the back and cause us to be wasteful up front. Sibbick should've been given a foul for their first, but having not got it we were horribly exposed by him going down where he did. Boyce cost us the third, and I just cannot stand watching him, it's like watching football in slow motion...

Disappointing. Thought we plugged away but the gulf in class is huge, especially when we are missing a few players. Haring was our best outfield player again. Get him signed up!

Diadora Van Basten

Thought Kingsley and Gordon were stand outs. Bit disappointed in MacKay, Ginnelly and Boyce.

Today made Robbie’s decision for his team for the cup final a bit easier. 

I can’t make my mind up whether Ginnelly or GMS are the most frustrating player we have at the moment. They both have the ability but their decision making is so poor.

Jamboelite
7 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

That’s what can happen when you have nothing to play for and the other team does 

No this is what happens when we have the usual arse collapse through there.

im not overly fussed but lets not hide that this is because we have nothing to play for.

There is a real mentality problem against the OF in Glasgow.

Edited by Jamboelite

4 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

That’s what can happen when you have nothing to play for and the other team does 

This 100%.  Just read 4 pages of whinging on a game we had nothing to play for bar keeping/getting players fit for the cup final.  

hmfc_steve
17 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

I like Boyce, some of his link up play is really good but it is painful watching how slow he is at times. Injuries have obviously ruined him in that respect.

He has a good touch now and then, but in the main he's slow, clumsy and makes poor decisions ... I wouldn't have him starting

Watt-Zeefuik

Well, shows what I know. I really thought they would’ve taken their eyes off of it today, but fair play they were right up for it. Particularly in the second half they swarmed the ball in their half and we couldn’t build much except for that one 10 minute period before the third goal. They also managed to not do their 60 minute naptime which we’ve seen them do before.

Amazing to have Kingsley back of course but an old firm game where we are depending on Taylor Moore and Toby civic to play major roles in defense is always going to be  a roller coaster.

Aside from Kingsley, Haring had a tremendous game. He frustrated me earlier this season but he did everything he could today.

Frustrating that we still can’t take it to them in Glasgow, but at least this was a meaningless game.

6 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Very very poor. 

Accurate and to the point.

2 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Exactly. Why Beni and Devlin are such big misses. The lack of impetus, effort and desire from Sibbick is alarming. 

We need to get the wee man fit for the final.  Midfield options now at a premium, effective ones anyway. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, Spellczech said:

We have this ponderous core to the team right now Sibbick - Haring - Boyce. Haring I can excuse as he seldom loses possession and costs us but the other 2 weaken us at the back and cause us to be wasteful up front. Sibbick should've been given a foul for their first, but having not got it we were horribly exposed by him going down where he did. Boyce cost us the third, and I just cannot stand watching him, it's like watching football in slow motion...

I agree re Boyce.

Over his contract he has provided value but he seems to be getting worse week on week.

He costs us more than he benefits us these days.

132goals1958

A bit of perspective from my point of view. Celtic were on full throttle today as it was basically a championship day for them. Subconsciously we are gearing up for a game of the season and irrespective of what Robbie might say that game is predominant and I cant believe with nothing to play for today it must affect the performance. It was more or less the outcome I expected.

Lonewolflins
3 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Away and play with your crayons, don't eat to many before tea though

Oh , you think he is good enough like ? If so you no nothing about football . You must be easily pleased so just keep clapping 

Dougie Masterton
2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

The only question for me is why were they on the bench. Would have been crazy to risk either,

And the idea that they should come on but just not risk being injured crazier.

Don’t talk nonsense, if they’re on the bench they should be fit enough to play, even a small part. Get some minutes in the legs for the final. 

Roughly 5 of that team should be definite starters for the final.

That's all

JimmyCant
2 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Why take one or two chances Boyce when you can take 7. So annoying. 

Was thumping the table at Boyce today. 5 times in good positions facing the goal and he’s lost the ball. He’s been doing it for weeks. We’d improve a lot as an attacking force if we replaced him with a decent 10. The guy is done.