Council elections 2022

New Town Loafer

Pans Jambo

Former SNP member caught for embezzling £20K (kicked out the party) - National outrage.

UK Westminster based Tory party hand out £Billions on wasted PPE contracts, £Billions on useless track and trace software, £Hundreds of millions on ferry contracts to a company with no ferries, £Tens of Millions in dodgy contracts to tory donors who are now in the house of lords  - Move on...nothing to see here.

Aye, lets talk double standards eh.

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• maroonlegions

• Smithee

• JamesM48

• New Town Loafer

frankblack
19 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Former SNP member caught for embezzling £20K (kicked out the party) - National outrage.

UK Westminster based Tory party hand out £Billions on wasted PPE contracts, £Billions on useless track and trace software, £Hundreds of millions on ferry contracts to a company with no ferries, £Tens of Millions in dodgy contracts to tory donors who are now in the house of lords  - Move on...nothing to see here.

Didn't they leave the party to defend those allegations?  In which case they were an SNP MSP at the time.

As for those PPI contracts - is that going to cost more than those ferries?  Do we even know if they will be delivered let alone when?

When is the new Edinburgh Sick Kids opening?  Didn't they also balls up the Glasgow version leaving it dangerous to patients of which a public enquiry is underway?

All in all they have a shit record of big capital projects.

35 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

But but but they're all as bad as each other 

Pans Jambo
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, frankblack said:

Didn't they leave the party to defend those allegations?  In which case they were an SNP MSP at the time.

As for those PPI contracts - is that going to cost more than those ferries?  Do we even know if they will be delivered let alone when?

When is the new Edinburgh Sick Kids opening?  Didn't they also balls up the Glasgow version leaving it dangerous to patients of which a public enquiry is underway?

Frank. 
you may not know this but £1Billion is 1000 Million pounds. 

The tories have spaffed TENS of Billions and we get NOTHING but the debt to pay for their failures. 
At least the Scottish ferries ACTUALLY exist and we will eventually get use of them. The hospitals exist too you know. May be late, or over budget, or issues with the buildings but they are there and actually in use today.

There were planes full of dodgy PPE that went to landfill. Who’s paying for it all??? My grandchildren probably. 

EDIT: £37 Thousand Million Pounds wasted on a failed track & trace software system based on Microsoft Excel. 
How many ferries could you buy for that Frank???

https://committees.parliament.uk/work/906/covid19-test-track-and-trace-part-1/news/150988/unimaginable-cost-of-test-trace-failed-to-deliver-central-promise-of-averting-another-lockdown/

But let all go mad and bang on evermore about a £20 odd grand theft eh. 

Edited by Pans Jambo

JamesM48
4 hours ago, frankblack said:

280419824_3291934254396148_3025435631372924772_n.jpg

frankblack
25 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Frank. 

The tories have spaffed TENS of Billions and we get NOTHING but the debt to pay for their failures. 
At least the Scottish ferries ACTUALLY exist and we will eventually get use of them. The hospitals exist too you know. May be late, or over budget, or issues with the buildings but they are there and actually in use today.

There were planes full of dodgy PPE that went to landfill. Who’s paying for it all??? My grandchildren probably. 

EDIT: £37 Thousand Million Pounds wasted on a failed track & trace software system based on Microsoft Excel. 
How many ferries could you buy for that Frank???

https://committees.parliament.uk/work/906/covid19-test-track-and-trace-part-1/news/150988/unimaginable-cost-of-test-trace-failed-to-deliver-central-promise-of-averting-another-lockdown/

There were mistakes made at the start with Covid as these things had to be procured and fast and there was no precedent.  I don't know about you but I tried buying PPE at the start of the pandemic and couldn't find any - because everyone worldwide was trying to get it.

The Scottish Ferries are £150m+ and counting over budget and 5 years late with no date in sight.  They do not exist.

Yes, the track and trace system was failed but I'm not sure your details are totally correct and Excel.  I work in software development and the only people using Excel are managers reporting to their managers.

I don't even vote Tory, BTW so if you think your arguments are relevant to me you are missing the mark.

The point about hospitals is not something to brush aside - it is alleged that people died because of them in Glasgow.  It appears serious design faults were made in multiple hospital buildings and suggests that the projects were not properly managed with the correct oversight.

JamesM48
13 minutes ago, frankblack said:

it is alleged that people died

people did die. 

Pans Jambo
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

There were mistakes made at the start with Covid as these things had to be procured and fast and there was no precedent.  I don't know about you but I tried buying PPE at the start of the pandemic and couldn't find any - because everyone worldwide was trying to get it.

The Scottish Ferries are £150m+ and counting over budget and 5 years late with no date in sight.  They do not exist.

Yes, the track and trace system was failed but I'm not sure your details are totally correct and Excel.  I work in software development and the only people using Excel are managers reporting to their managers.

I don't even vote Tory, BTW so if you think your arguments are relevant to me you are missing the mark.

The point about hospitals is not something to brush aside - it is alleged that people died because of them in Glasgow.  It appears serious design faults were made in multiple hospital buildings and suggests that the projects were not properly managed with the correct oversight.

Were not mistakes. Was blatant corruption. 

You can go and see the ferries. Theyre not complete but they exist unlike the contracts for the channel crossing ferries to a company that didnt actually have any ferries. 

The track & Trace sytem was based on MS Excel. Look it up because you couldnt make it up. 

We could be friend Frank. Youre not a tory 😁

People did die in those hopitals thats true. No idea what the case is. Water or aircon or something. That is brutal. Not sure how an MSP can be blamed unles the deliberately cut costs/corners that led to this. Im sure theres an enquiry on the go so it will all come out in the wash. 

But they (the hospitals) do exist and are in use every day. 

Anyway. Beer o clock. Mon the Hearts!

Edited by Pans Jambo

6 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

There's no comparison with the money grab that went on the back of covid.

I'm a critic of the SG but they couldn't lace the criminal boots of what's went on.

Really wished the press went after the theft instead of the partygate stuff.

Come on Frank the theft which is basically what it was is fekin disgraceful.

It's on a par with looting .

The good law project estimated (I think) 25 % of the contracts awarded had a bad smell.

I'm not into whataboutery as an argument but there's no defending what went on.

The Mighty Thor
2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

people did die. 

170,000 odd people died.

JamesM48
11 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

170,000 odd people died.

We are talking about the hospital in Glasgow ! Keep up 

frankblack
45 minutes ago, Ked said:

Come on Frank the theft which is basically what it was is fekin disgraceful.

It's on a par with looting .

The good law project estimated (I think) 25 % of the contracts awarded had a bad smell.

I'm not into whataboutery as an argument but there's no defending what went on.

I actually don't know the specifics there but wasn't defending it.  Is there an inquiry to come anyway?

frankblack
57 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Were not mistakes. Was blatant corruption. 

So Ked says, If so there should be criminal charges.  I won't defend that.

You can go and see the ferries. Theyre not complete but they exist unlike the contracts for the channel crossing ferries to a company that didnt actually have any ferries. 

Ferries don't exist until they are finished and accepted by the customer.

The track & Trace sytem was based on MS Excel. Look it up because you couldnt make it up. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-54423988

Seems I was right.  Managers trying to pull data in for reporting.  The third party firms did what was asked and managers with limited skills used the wrong tool rather that get an application written.

I see this far to ****ing often even in my own area where data is in one system but managers duplicate it in Excel because that is what they know.  Excel is shit in the hands of those who lack skills to build proper applications.

We could be friend Frank. Youre not a tory 😁

People did die in those hopitals thats true. No idea what the case is. Water or aircon or something. That is brutal. Not sure how an MSP can be blamed unles the deliberately cut costs/corners that led to this. Im sure theres an enquiry on the go so it will all come out in the wash. 

But they (the hospitals) do exist and are in use every day. 

Anyway. Beer o clock. Mon the Hearts!

I don't think the Edinburgh Sick Kids is in use yet.

The Mighty Thor
19 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

We are talking about the hospital in Glasgow ! Keep up 

Thought I'd try the jumping in without reading first thing you do.

It's barry 👍

Dirk McClaymore
3 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Theft is theft, gadgie.

JamesM48
25 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Thought I'd try the jumping in without reading first thing you do.

It's barry 👍

48EAAE29-11D4-40CD-83C3-057F89E48B06.jpeg

CF11JamTart
2 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

It's stretching it to say that the ferries exist. When they eventually get in to service they will be years late. That's years where people in the islands etc. are having to manage with existing fleet which is past its shelf life. 

They are miles away from being operational. 

I do not have much of an opinion on Scottish independence, but that procurement process is either very naive and inept or borderline corrupt (awarding a contract to a company that you know probably cannot deliver). 

Still, if SG cannot manage large programme procurements, they can join the club. 

I don't think the Edinburgh Sick Kids is in use yet.

It is. Been open since last year. 

Weakened Offender
6 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Frank. 

More of this on threads like this please. 😊

Seymour M Hersh
6 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

He's incorrect. In the UK 1 billion is 1,000,000, million not the yanks version which is 1,000 million.

frankblack
9 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

I'm sure you think you proved some point in your deluded mind.

I was never arguing over specific monetary amounts.  However with the money the Nats are pissing away with the blank cheque given for ferries, it will eventually hit the billions unless they admit they cut their losses and cancel!

Only the SNP gets due diligence done that points out massive holes in that bid and go ahead anyway.  Not too dissimilar to Spaces for People where they ignore the consultation findings overwhelmingly rejecting it and go ahead anyway.

Seems to be a pattern here.... 🤔

16 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I'm sure you think you proved some point in your deluded mind.

I was never arguing over specific monetary amounts.  However with the money the Nats are pissing away with the blank cheque given for ferries, it will eventually hit the billions unless they admit they cut their losses and cancel!

Only the SNP gets due diligence done that points out massive holes in that bid and go ahead anyway.  Not too dissimilar to Spaces for People where they ignore the consultation findings overwhelmingly rejecting it and go ahead anyway.

Seems to be a pattern here.... 🤔

Frank. You do realise that SNP supporters don't actually care about taxpayers money being wasted on non existent ferries, or missing documentation, or appalling health issues, underperforming education services or anything really?

They're not held to account like a normal political party. Independence is all that counts, then everything is worked back from there.

Weakened Offender
8 minutes ago, pablo said:

Independence is all that counts, then everything is worked back from there.

Correct. I couldn't give a monkeys about Calmac's winter timetable 😁 😉, missing 20ks and potholes in the roads. I just want to break up the union. 😎

1 minute ago, Weakened Offender said:

Correct. I couldn't give a monkeys about Calmac's winter timetable 😁 😉, missing 20ks and potholes in the roads. I just want to break up the union. 😎

I know! 😎

Only the SNP don't appear to be very good at that either.

Weakened Offender
Just now, pablo said:

I know! 😎

Only the SNP don't appear to be very good at that either.

😁

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

👍

Is there a bigger slurper on this site than you? 

frankblack
4 hours ago, pablo said:

Frank. You do realise that SNP supporters don't actually care about taxpayers money being wasted on non existent ferries, or missing documentation, or appalling health issues, underperforming education services or anything really?

They're not held to account like a normal political party. Independence is all that counts, then everything is worked back from there.

Correct.  They have two issues:

- Independence

- Hating the Toaries/English (delete as applicable).

They also seem to have mistaken me for a Tory.  I actually don't care what happens to them.

FinnBarr Saunders
10 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Yes the UK has gone down the yank route but originally a Billion in the UK was 1,000,000 million. 

Jeez, not certain how I know when I leave just mega rich to being a billionaire, sleepless night ahead.

Pans Jambo
22 hours ago, frankblack said:

- Independence

They also seem to have mistaken me for a Tory.  I actually don't care what happens to them.

Who on here hates the English Frank?

Name them. 
Youre not a “Toarie” so why does someone “hating” them bother you do much? Unless youre not being entirely truthful about that. 

frankblack
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Who on here hates the English Frank?

Name them. 

If I did that I'd be getting thread ban.  One poster has been notable by their absence recently, though.

5 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Youre not a “Toarie” so why does someone “hating” them bother you do much? Unless youre not being entirely truthful about that. 

It doesn't bother me at all.  I just find the double standards about sleaze laughable at a time when one of yours just got convicted for embezzlement and something stinks badly from the Scottish Government about the Ferries scandal and disappearance/absence of paperwork.

Edited by frankblack

Smithee

- Independence

Do you think it's an insult to say someone hates the Toaries? Call me a Toary hating separatist if you like, I'll toast your perceptive skills.

Hating the English though? Come on man ffs

Nucky Thompson

Everyone who hates the SNP is labeled a Tory on here.

So I just accept being a tory in the JKB World :whistling:

frankblack
Just now, Smithee said:

Do you think it's an insult to say someone hates the Toaries? Call me a Toary hating separatist if you like, I'll toast your perceptive skills.

Hating the English though? Come on man ffs

Plenty of examples of utter cretins on these independence marches with anti-English slogans.

Smithee
3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Plenty of examples of utter cretins on these independence marches with anti-English slogans.

Mon then

Pans Jambo
3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

If I did that I'd be getting thread ban.  One poster has been notable by their absence recently, though.

It doesn't bother me at all.  I just find the double standards about sleaze laughable at a time when one of yours just got convicted for embezzlement and something stinks badly from the Scottish Government about the Ferries scandal and disappearance/absence of paperwork.

Right. 

So thats 1 single poster then? Not an entire political party?

Double standards? Yes the Scottish government needs (& should) be held to account but I dont recall seeing you being as vocal regarding the entire shit show from Westminster? Tens of Billions squandered & sleaze on an almost daily basis but you bang on about a ferry contract? Double standards eh Frank?

&”one of yours” :rofl:

Pans Jambo
5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Is there though? Show me. 

frankblack
Just now, Pans Jambo said:

Right. 

So thats 1 single poster then? Not an entire political party?

One regular poster, but someone with views in tune with many of the SNP voters.

Just now, Pans Jambo said:

Double standards? Yes the Scottish government needs (& should) be held to account but I dont recall seeing you being as vocal regarding the entire shit show from Westminster? Tens of Billions squandered & sleaze on an almost daily basis but you bang on about a ferry contract? Double standards eh Frank?

&”one of yours” :rofl:

More whatabootery.  If you check the Covid thread I dished out plenty of abuse to both governments where I saw fit over te past couple of years.

Lets deal with the Scottish Government ****-ups as they are the ones in charge here.

Given the evidence they couldn't run a piss-up in a brewery let alone an independent country.

Pans Jambo
7 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

If you defend the tories then what are people supposed to think?

Smithee
12 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Last party you voted for was Tory though right?

Pans Jambo
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

One regular poster, but someone with views in tune with many of the SNP voters.

More whatabootery.  If you check the Covid thread I dished out plenty of abuse to both governments where I saw fit over te past couple of years.

Lets deal with the Scottish Government ****-ups as they are the ones in charge here.

Given the evidence they couldn't run a piss-up in a brewery let alone an independent country.

Dont dress up youre warped opinion as fact. Youre saying SNP voters are somehow English haters. Thats utter pish and you know it. 

Youve never said anying negative about Westminster Frank. Never. 

frankblack
2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Is there though? Show me. 

I just found these article as an aside... :whistling:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/nicola-sturgeon-will-root-out-racism-in-snp-after-adviser-tim-rideout-suspended-kpvql69mz

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/20081173.glasgow-msp-said-gets-racially-abused-critical-snp/

https://www.scottishdailyexpress.co.uk/news/politics/snp-branch-forced-apologise-nasty-26164493

Got to head out now, but that should do for starters before I et more info on their supporters...

Smithee

There was a fair element of anti English a couple of decades ago but the independence debate has been in the forefront long enough that is matured past that. There'll always be the odd arsehole but in general people don't hate the English, they hate the situation the Scottish are in.

Smithee
Posted (edited)

The first one's behind a paywall, the second one makes vague allegations, the third one doesn't mention the English at all.

But you specifically made the accusation "Plenty of examples of utter cretins on these independence marches with anti-English slogans."

Show me 10 if there are plenty.

Edited by Smithee

Pans Jambo

Some serious straw clutching going on there. One reshared tweet from the French President and the whole indy movement is “Anti English” :rofl:

Must try harder. 

Whatabootery? Just Google “racist quotes from Boris Johnston” you’ll get dozens of pages. 

Doesnt mean tory voters or English are racist though Frank. 

Mikey1874

Curious politics being played with coalitions.

Stable government not the priority. Interesting how it affects real life. 

redjambo
51 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Some serious straw clutching going on there. One reshared tweet from the French President and the whole indy movement is “Anti English” :rofl:

Must try harder. 

Whatabootery? Just Google “racist quotes from Boris Johnston” you’ll get dozens of pages. 

Doesnt mean tory voters or English are racist though Frank. 

Oh come on, be nice to Frank. He's found his enemy, and it no doubt gives him great comfort to hate his dastardly enemy as much as he does.