Here he is...

It was partygate what done it 😂

:rofl:

He was shite when he was a ref/linesman .:rofl:

hughesie27
3 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Here he is...

It was partygate what done it 😂

Wonder if he will go back to wanting his boss sacked.

hughesie27

Fantastic results to see SNP and massive gains for Green too.

Great things happening in Northern Ireland too.

maroonlegions
11 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

You're off your rocker mate :rofl:

I'm not in the slightest bit angry

I couldn't give a feck about councils in the rest of Scotland, it's all about Edinburgh for me, as I live here.

I couldn't give a shit about the Tories, at the end of the day Boris is still the PM and they can still do what the feck they want unopposed.

You'll still have to put up with them for at least the next 2 years.

As for your last point :cornette_dog:

Really. Your rhetoric says otherwise. You are fooling no one.

Losing the argument you are.

Oaf my heid, aye..

Man up and admit you steamed in on my original post  and made a james hunt of it.

:bolt:

Jambo-Jimbo
9 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It’s nothing to do with Johnson’s compulsive lying.😀

Probably a lot less than you'd think.

Heard some Tory councillors down South, who said partygate was what was coming up on the doorstep time and again.

Tbh I think everyone knows BoJo is a compulsive liar, it's what he does, has always done, nothing new there.

maroonlegions
9 minutes ago, Cade said:

but but but starmer had a bottle eh beer 

Yip, cringeworthy desperation and deflection.

They are shitting it.  

1 hour ago, Cade said:

The thing to look at in council elections is turnout.

Usually these have very low turnout so can't be used to judge anything on a national scale.

A rise in turnout is usually a bad thing for a sitting government, as it means people are using local elections to give them a bloody nose.

Looks like the Tories have been given a message.

Also the SNP vote holding out still shows there's real appetite for independence.

Although Alba didn't do well.

Surprised at the SNP doing so well shows what I know.

What was the turnout?

jamboy1982
48 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Exactly they haven’t done as well as they hoped with their single policy of Tories are crap - the union parties have done quite well and could have been worse for Tories

Elsie won’t be going for Indy any time soon but then she is happy with going nowhere merci beaucoup 🤣

They’ve improved their standing unlike your Tory scumbags. I’m sure Nicola and her party will be quite happy this evening. And best of all. You know it. 

maroonlegions
1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Heard some Tory councillors down South, who said partygate was what was coming up on the doorstep time and again.

Tbh I think everyone knows BoJo is a compulsive liar, it's what he does, has always done, nothing new there.

Party gate.

More like taking the piss out of those who lost loved ones will he and his jinta had a piss up..

1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

There's an awful lot of people who followed the rules and had personal hardship and heartbreak .

It must have felt like a total pisstake.

maroonlegions
Just now, jamboy1982 said:

They’ve improved their standing unlike your Tory scumbags. I’m sure Nicola and her party will be quite happy this evening. And best of all. You know it. 

He is seething. Taking it dry must hurt.:rofl:

Nucky Thompson
7 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Fantastic results to see SNP and massive gains for Green too.

Great things happening in Northern Ireland too.

Your location is Edinburgh :lol:

Another who doesn't understand local elections :vrface:

manaliveits105
17 minutes ago, Cade said:

but but but starmer had a bottle eh beer 

Sir Keir demanded Boris resign when police announced a formal investigation into partygate - now that the police have announced a formal investigation into beergate Sir Keir must now resign by his own standards - shame dat - see ya Sir 

maroonlegions

Well done to  the parties  here and down south that give it dry to the reptile tories.

:scenes:

Jambo-Jimbo
8 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Party gate.

More like taking the piss out of those who lost loved ones will he and his jinta had a piss up..

7 minutes ago, Ked said:

There's an awful lot of people who followed the rules and had personal hardship and heartbreak .

It must have felt like a total pisstake.

Yeh, I think the electorate delivered a message loud and clear, that they ain't best pleased (to put it mildly) to what BoJo & Co got up to.

maroonlegions
5 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

There is a bigger picture here and its  national , its a fingers up to the Tories here and down south. Even the Tory   councillors down south and up here who got it dry have said its a party gate result. 

It was so much more that local  issues.. :vrface:

What cant you understand about that..:vrface: 

Tories stayed at home. Fed up???

36 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Ross says it’s to do with “Partygate.”

What a slavering erse.

It could never be about policies. 🙄

51 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

The vermin Tories have taken an utter scudding in Scotland. ❤️

A scudding, yes. An utter scudding, perhaps not quite yet. It would be nice to see them scudded in their border heartlands for example.

Nucky Thompson
3 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

Coalition??

Are the SNP not streets ahead ??

18 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Really. Your rhetoric says otherwise. You are fooling no one.

Losing the argument you are.

Oaf my heid, aye..

Man up and admit you steamed in on my original post  and made a james hunt of it.

:bolt:

In your original post you quoted someone talking about the possibility of an SNP and Greens coalition in Edinburgh with the words 'coalition?? I thought the SNP were miles ahead'

You're that clueless that you probably don't realise that they're also in a coalition at government level too :rofl:

18 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Mikey1874
45 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Can't see SNP, Green and Labour joining together so we need to wait and see.

The Greens and SNP will be inseparable as ever, so Labour are the ones who have decision to make.

Yeah.

But the Greens are insignificant to the SNP.

While its possible there is a pro independence plan afoot local politics are about getting things done. And they can get more things done with an SNP / Labour majority. They've worked together okay last 3 times. 

Jambo-Jimbo
4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

A scudding, yes. An utter scudding, perhaps not quite yet. It would be nice to see them scudded in their border heartlands for example.

Indeed, but I can't see that happening any time soon, as the Tories are just too strong down here, the SNP are their only challengers and they aren't popular enough.  The Borders used to be a Lib Dem shoe-in, but those days are long gone, and as for Labour, well they would be as well not bothering.  Take my ward for example, where the Labour candidate finished behind the Greens in 6th place out of 7.

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yeah.

But the Greens are insignificant to the SNP.

While its possible there is a pro independence plan afoot local politics are about getting things done. And they can get more things done with an SNP / Labour majority. They've worked together okay last 3 times. 

I reckon this too. They've been together for a fair while now - unless there are serious ructions in the coalition, it would be foolish for them to bring an end to it now.

manaliveits105

From an Indy indication viewpoint excluding  independents (most of whom are unionists anyway  )

we have snp plus greens 488 seats

labour plus Lib Dems plus Conservatives 

583 seats 

no lookin good for separatists :greggy:

ah well 

I think it will be the Irish who get rid of Johnson as we have no chance here as far to many satisfied with a liar in charge of the country which baffles me no end  

maroonlegions
2 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

From an Indy indication viewpoint excluding  independents (most of whom are unionists anyway  )

583 seats 

ah well 

Its a LOCAL issue , its local elections.

This does not reflect the fact that any INDY ref 2 would be rejected by the Scottish   electric.

You tories banging on about .. but, but ,but its about local issues never really listen to the bigger picture and that picture is getting more angry with this present Eton Mess car crash of a government.

279939191_10226661078623969_4090857002633927694_n.jpg

Nucky Thompson
30 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

There is a bigger picture here and its  national , its a fingers up to the Tories here and down south. Even the Tory   councillors down south and up here who got it dry have said its a party gate result. 

It was so much more that local  issues.. :vrface:

What cant you understand about that..:vrface: 

Tories stayed at home. Fed up???

In local elections, it gives local people the chance to change who is ruining their city.

At the end of the day, Boris is still PM, Tories still have a huge majority in Westminster and Edinburgh is still being run by cretins because folk like you can't separate local and national politics

hughesie27
55 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I understand the SNP vote in both local and national levels continues to grow.

****ing smashing.

You just assumed I only care about my own council.

Fxxx the SPFL
30 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Indeed, but I can't see that happening any time soon, as the Tories are just too strong down here, the SNP are their only challengers and they aren't popular enough.  The Borders used to be a Lib Dem shoe-in, but those days are long gone, and as for Labour, well they would be as well not bothering.  Take my ward for example, where the Labour candidate finished behind the Greens in 6th place out of 7.

Aye lived in Gala for 25 years and it was pointless voting for the monster raving loony party as a certain Mr Steel won by a mile 

2 hours ago, Cade said:

The thing to look at in council elections is turnout.

Usually these have very low turnout so can't be used to judge anything on a national scale.

A rise in turnout is usually a bad thing for a sitting government, as it means people are using local elections to give them a bloody nose.

47.2% in edinburgh

Space Mackerel
37 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

583 seats 

ah well 

30% of Labour supporters support Independence.

ah well :greggy:

Jambo-Jimbo
8 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Aye lived in Gala for 25 years and it was pointless voting for the monster raving loony party as a certain Mr Steel won by a mile 

His Granddaughter Hannah Steel won a council seat in Gala today...........the start of the Steel domination of the Borders, again?

Space Mackerel
19 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

In local elections, it gives local people the chance to change who is ruining their city.

At the end of the day, Boris is still PM, Tories still have a huge majority in Westminster and Edinburgh is still being run by cretins because folk like you can't separate local and national politics

FF74DE8C-5C4A-4317-8703-9746DC8A78DC.gif

5 minutes ago, SecN said:

47.2% in edinburgh

Wiki says last time out in 2017 had a 50.5% turnout.

Fxxx the SPFL
4 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

His Granddaughter Hannah Steel won a council seat in Gala today...........the start of the Steel domination of the Borders, again?

👍 he must be kicking on a bit now 

Weakened Offender
2 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Ross says it’s to do with “Partygate.”

What a slavering erse.

He's a creepy wee fat mess, mate. 

1 minute ago, The Dragon Reborn said:

Even Glenn Campbell having to give credit where it’s due:

DDB1D631-F769-4FC0-8733-15E53A2273BC.jpeg.0942fe0265571c216eaf8b763a489d56.jpeg

He's been walking these streets so long singing the same old song, so it's good to see some acknowledgement from him.

The Real Maroonblood
11 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

He's a creepy wee fat mess, mate. 

He is.

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

How is he to blame for the result when you didn't vote yourself? I get that you had your reasons and what have you, local elections also tend to have lower turnouts, but it's a bit unfair to be calling others cretins for their vote.

Labour have the wrong man/woman  (delete as per your want)  in charge as leader. A drovers dog should/ could have wiped the floor with fatso Johnson he is a busted flush. 

First preference results

Party
Vote share
Change since 2017
Sinn Féin
29.0%

+1.1%
Democratic Unionist Party
21.3%
-6.7%

Alliance Party
13.5%

+4.5%
Ulster Unionist Party
11.2%
-1.7%

Social Democratic & Labour Party
9.1%
-2.9%

Traditional Unionist Voice
7.6%

+5.1%
Green Party
1.9%
-0.4%

Aontú
1.5%

+1.5%
People Before Profit
1.1%
-0.6%

Others
3.7%

henryheart

No real surprises in Scotland, with nothing for Labour or SNP to get too excited about as they all gained similarly at the expense of the Conservatives. Many people clearly voted as if this was a general election with the Conservatives losing out significantly because of Boris and it looks more like a vote against him rather than a vote for the other parties. 

In the cold light of day Scottish Labour and the SNP will be asking themselves what they could have done to have got a bigger share of the dissenting Conservative vote.