22-23 Away Kit revealed ( updated )

Sertse

Stupid Sexy Flanders
On 22/04/2022 at 17:37, Sertse said:

I'd like to see Nike or Castore. Umbro has been poor, third strip aside.

I've loved our Umbro stuff, hope we're with them forever. The home strip from 17/18 (I think, when Lafferty and Milinkovic played for us) is the perfect Hearts home strip IMO. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• tian447

• dannymack

• Thomaso

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

queensferryjambo
On 22/04/2022 at 17:02, Batistuta87 said:

That IS this years with more text underneath 

image.png.214f8bd81f14ee2856102df94660123b.png

Unless we're getting the same kit again, maybe different collar or something. Sleeves, stripe etc is the exact same as this year's here. 

Believe it or not one of these turned up on Ebay recently, sat for ages before someone bought it. I contacted the seller he said it came from an Umbro mystery box he got.

I never bought it as I thought it was a rejected sample or something along those lines.

hmfc.jpg

hmfc2.jpg

Салатные палочки
2 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

Believe it or not one of these turned up on Ebay recently, sat for ages before someone bought it. I contacted the seller he said it came from an Umbro mystery box he got.

I never bought it as I thought it was a rejected sample or something along those lines.

hmfc.jpg

hmfc2.jpg

How much did it go for? Could be quite the collectors item in years to come. 

Samuel Camazzola

Gary's brother was wearing this before last week's game. 

Would Umbro produce this for one-off purposes for the club/Succession linkwith no desire to release it en-masse? Would be a best seller if it was released (especially with a no sponsorship option). 

Салатные палочки

This is a better view of the umbro diamonds on the Shelbourne kit. 

This template please.Screenshot_20220423-211722_Facebook.thumb.jpg.6a7099290546137ef807252496830399.jpg

15 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Would Umbro produce this for one-off purposes for the club/Succession linkwith no desire to release it en-masse? Would be a best seller if it was released (especially with a no sponsorship option). 

KFL a trend setter I like that a lot 

Batistuta87
57 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

hmfc.jpg

hmfc2.jpg

Looks like a sample. I've seen a few on eBay without a sponsor that the club obviously get from Umbro as a sort of prototype. The sponsor on this one appears to be quite poorly applied and might just be a logo stuck on in the shop before a photoshoot or something. 

Batistuta87
19 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

They must have done. He'd surely need to delete this if it was going to be our new top. Looks quite shite quality too tbh, despite being made by Umbro.

queensferryjambo
1 minute ago, Salad Fingers said:

How much did it go for? Could be quite the collectors item in years to come. 

It was buy it now £49 but with the option of offers. someone made an offer presumably in the £40 range.

Could definitely become a collectors item.

I have seen quite a few rejected shirt samples or prototypes over the years, they tend to fall into the 'oddball' category and people never really spend too much on them though. 

Like the 1989/90 green Bukta Hearts shirt, it was certainly an oddity but not sure anyone was willing to splash big cash for it :) 

Салатные палочки
2 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

It was buy it now £49 but with the option of offers. someone made an offer presumably in the £40 range.

Could definitely become a collectors item.

I have seen quite a few rejected shirt samples or prototypes over the years, they tend to fall into the 'oddball' category and people never really spend too much on them though. 

Like the 1989/90 green Bukta Hearts shirt, it was certainly an oddity but not sure anyone was willing to splash big cash for it :) 

:what:

23 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Going to sound thick but Sorry I don't know what succession is.

What is this? I don't really get it ?

Samuel Camazzola
3 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Going to sound thick but Sorry I don't know what succession is.

What is this? I don't really get it ?

An American TV series (featuring Brian Cox, Kieran Culkin etc...) Very big in the US and here. 

It contains a storyline where Hearts are bought by the family as a gift to their dad. 

27 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

An American TV series (featuring Brian Cox, Kieran Culkin etc...) Very big in the US and here. 

It contains a storyline where Hearts are bought by the family as a gift to their dad. 

Thanks for explaining, went right over my head. Cheers

queensferryjambo
2 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

:what:

Apologies in advance - it isn't mine and should have a sick bucket given free with it :) 

No photo description available.

PhoenixHearts
33 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

Apologies in advance - it isn't mine and should have a sick bucket given free with it :) 

A goalie kit presumably. Have to imagine it’s just a symptom of the times. A bit before my days but was it not fairly commonplace for keepers to just wear green as their default colour? (just watched a wee Tifo Football  youtube video on the history of kits, mentioned something about green for goalies)

WheatfieldWarrior
On 22/04/2022 at 14:52, tian447 said:

Did I mention we're in Europe next season? :smuggy:

That's fantastic news!

What about the hibs? are they in Europe too?

WheatfieldWarrior
1 hour ago, queensferryjambo said:

FFS who's idea was that?

I'd rather wear a Jim'll fix it badge.

WheatfieldWarrior
On 22/04/2022 at 17:39, Absolute Scenes said:

I agree regarding Nike

Ive never seen hearts as a “Nike strip” however I recon they could come up with some beauties for us and it would be good to explore that avenue 

My Hibby mates, said their Nike gear was poor quality and just fell to bits. Not had problems with Nike brand myself, other than their tshirts being a bit on the slim fit side for my physique.

Edited by WheatfieldWarrior

kingantti1874
5 hours ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

FFS who's idea was that?

I'd rather wear a Jim'll fix it badge.

🤮 would rather sit on Jims knee 

6 hours ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

My Hibby mates, said their Nike gear was poor quality and just fell to bits. Not had problems with Nike brand myself, other than their tshirts being a bit on the slim fit side for my physique.

That’s the problem when you get basic teamwear strip from their range rather than a bespoke designed strip. Had the same issue as yourself with nike and fittings

Unknown user
6 hours ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Their deal was with Just Sports (I think that was their name anyway). They have a license to sell cheap nike teamwear and also own the Avec brand, which is why some of their tat from that time looked like this.

s-l400.png

9 hours ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

That's fantastic news!

What about the hibs? are they in Europe too?

Geographically? Yes.

In a footballing competition sense? No. 

Do you know who will be guaranteed European Group Stage football next season? Hearts :smuggy:

I hear they're not bothered about it though, because the Scottish League Cup matches against Cowdenbeath and Peterhead are more fun anyway. 

10 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

A goalie kit presumably. Have to imagine it’s just a symptom of the times. A bit before my days but was it not fairly commonplace for keepers to just wear green as their default colour? (just watched a wee Tifo Football  youtube video on the history of kits, mentioned something about green for goalies)

I think you're right:

Goalkeepers in particular, until the rules were relaxed in the 1970s, were limited to green, blue, scarlet and white tops except for international matches, where yellow or black was the colour of choice following a ruling by the International Football Association Board (IFAB) in 1921. 

Same reason referees used to traditionally wear black. 

AC Mallin_51

What’s the situation whit Umbro? Do they still have the contract for another couple years or could we possibly see a new manufacturer this year?

The Fluorescent Zebra
On 23/04/2022 at 13:00, Jack Torrance said:

Shrewsbury is launching on Monday. Might get an idea of the template...

https://twitter.com/shrewsweb/status/1517533697490231296?t=iN3Uc9BjD4yxPX9PyjWRVg&s=19

20220423_130021.jpg

Turns out this was just a retro 77/78 shirt release, a bit like ours a few years ago. 

https://twitter.com/umbrouk/status/1518504524641619968?s=21&t=9onsppsJOgHGaE4SJER5Vw

The Hogfather
On 23/04/2022 at 21:15, Samuel Camazzola said:

On 23/04/2022 at 21:30, Stu_HMFC said:

KFL a trend setter I like that a lot 

On 23/04/2022 at 21:36, Batistuta87 said:

They must have done. He'd surely need to delete this if it was going to be our new top. Looks quite shite quality too tbh, despite being made by Umbro.

Don’t get your hopes up. They were given away as part of a Twitter competition ran by the club earlier in the season. They were never commercially available and I’d be surprised if it was anything like our next home shirt. 

Bret the Hitman Hearts
On 22/04/2022 at 15:27, Rudy T said:

Speaking of strips I heard Jim Duffy telling a story about how Vlad wanted a green away strip, someone talked him out of it last minute 😱

This is blasphemy but if it meant we could get another season like 05/06, I would take a green away strip 🤢

5 hours ago, Nunya Business said:

Don’t get your hopes up. They were given away as part of a Twitter competition ran by the club earlier in the season. They were never commercially available and I’d be surprised if it was anything like our next home shirt. 

Correct, was a promo for the new season of the show with less than a hundred available, looks like Gary managed to get his hands on one for his brother

On 22/04/2022 at 16:04, Percival King said:

Ian Murray (the Hearts supporting MP, not the one who gets 30 year old football scores shaved into his hair) referred to this in his book. Vlad proposed changing our colours to green and yellow, the same colours as Kaunas FC, almost exactly the same as the Celtic away kit at the time. He also seemingly wanted tartan introduced into our kit.

Hearts keeper Ray Dunlop wore a green top against East Fife in the late 1970s. 

Ian Westwater wearing the green top for Salveson BC

Screenshot_20220425-171214_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20211102-051950_Facebook.jpg

Edited by dannymack

kingantti1874
16 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

If Hearts made a version of this they would sell SO many. 

I don’t think so. You have to remember the majority buying kits weren’t actually born in the 60’s and 70’s 😂

On 23/04/2022 at 21:15, Samuel Camazzola said:

I remember seeing the 3rd kit with the waystar/Royce sponsor. Hearts were doing a draw on twitter to win them. Both ended up with youtubers. That Ellis platten has one.

Batistuta87
3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

I don’t think so. You have to remember the majority buying kits weren’t actually born in the 60’s and 70’s 😂

Retro kits are cool just now though. You barely see a current kit at games these days haha, massive market for retro. 

On 22/04/2022 at 17:37, Sertse said:

I'd like to see Nike or Castore. Umbro has been poor, third strip aside.

I would be gutted beyond belief if we went for Nike. Their kits are shite, boring, generic teamwear crap. What they served up at Hibs was embarrassing. 

Hearts seem to have developed a good relationship with Umbro, I'd be quite happy to continue to see that grow and develop.

If not Umbro, Hummel would be nice. Adidas is probably what most folk would want, but they're too awkward to deal with. I like that both have very strong branding, similar to Adidas in that way, where as with Nike you could slap about 6 or 7 different kit manufacturers logos over it and not know the difference. 

I think all of these have been pretty solid. Prefer the ones without collars though. Would like to see more of the Umbro Diamonds.

Spoiler

20/21 HOME Short Sleeve Top - Youth | Heart of Midlothian

hearts fc strip Promotions

hearts of midlothian jersey Off 76% - www.sales.sp.gov.br

21/22 HOME Top Short Sleeve - Adult | Heart of Midlothian

RustyRightPeg
On 24/04/2022 at 11:20, AC Mallin_51 said:

What’s the situation whit Umbro? Do they still have the contract for another couple years or could we possibly see a new manufacturer this year?

1 more at least. 

The season ticket video we released a few days ago features a “new kit” segment and I’m sure the sign on the door has an Umbro badge on it 

Samuel Camazzola
20 hours ago, Nunya Business said:

15 hours ago, Ribble said:

Correct, was a promo for the new season of the show with less than a hundred available, looks like Gary managed to get his hands on one for his brother

13 hours ago, woody80 said:

I remember seeing the 3rd kit with the waystar/Royce sponsor. Hearts were doing a draw on twitter to win them. Both ended up with youtubers. That Ellis platten has one.

IMO, The simplicity and style of collar would be a winner. Having the option to mix it up with white or maroon shorts is always a plus. Bringing back the black socks would be a touch of class too. 

12 hours ago, OTT said:

I would be gutted beyond belief if we went for Nike. Their kits are shite, boring, generic teamwear crap. What they served up at Hibs was embarrassing. 

Hearts seem to have developed a good relationship with Umbro, I'd be quite happy to continue to see that grow and develop.

If not Umbro, Hummel would be nice. Adidas is probably what most folk would want, but they're too awkward to deal with. I like that both have very strong branding, similar to Adidas in that way, where as with Nike you could slap about 6 or 7 different kit manufacturers logos over it and not know the difference. 

I think all of these have been pretty solid. Prefer the ones without collars though. Would like to see more of the Umbro Diamonds.

If we move away from umbro after this season i'd like us to look at Castore or Under Armour, not so much for the kits themselves but both manufacturers have very good ranges of team wear/training gear that would sell far better than Umbro, walk into a gym and the amount of UA gear is unreal 

On 22/04/2022 at 15:55, Arfur said:

New version of the best hearts kit ever with updated material and white version for away

6817F4AF-A086-444C-B55F-0E6AAA64041A.jpeg

On 23/04/2022 at 13:00, Jack Torrance said:

Shrewsbury is launching on Monday. Might get an idea of the template...

https://twitter.com/shrewsweb/status/1517533697490231296?t=iN3Uc9BjD4yxPX9PyjWRVg&s=19

20220423_130021.jpg

The club tried this before and got the material, the collar, the V neck and the crest horrendously wrong in my opinion, I got one of the tops and promptly sold it on to my mate. 

The Hearts top above and the white away version was from a different supplier but was better with the finer detail. 

If Hearts and Umbro are going to go downthis route PLEASE get it right this time. 

I'm noticing the Shrewsbury Town collar and V neck is the right design. 

Goldstone Wonder

Every year I live in hope that we might get an away strip like this. Without the avert on the sash obviously.

image.png.94890fecaf68ba72c0ca0812943d88c3.png

I'm still waiting on kit 4 of the retro range to go on sale. They have 3 up, and 5 ready to pre-order.

Didn't want to pre-order due to size issues I always fall between small and medium somewhere so wanted to try it on first.

Zero chance of a black 2nd strip and the Inter kit as 3rd. That would be 3 dark coloured strips so useless. Like many I like a colour reverse of the first strip. I always like seeing Hearts in white with maroon shorts. 

30 minutes ago, Goldstone Wonder said:

Every year I live in hope that we might get an away strip like this. Without the avert on the sash obviously.

image.png.94890fecaf68ba72c0ca0812943d88c3.png

That is bogging

Batistuta87
31 minutes ago, 151 said:

I'm still waiting on kit 4 of the retro range to go on sale. They have 3 up, and 5 ready to pre-order.

Didn't want to pre-order due to size issues I always fall between small and medium somewhere so wanted to try it on first.

Pretty sure we're on number 5 just now (white Asics with maroon stripes); with number 6 coming out next week. There was a Twitter vote a few weeks ago for number 6 - I think it was between 98/99 home (The OS one with the jazzy stripes on the bottom corner) and a couple of 80s Bukta home tops. 

Салатные палочки
4 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Had a go myself: 

image.thumb.png.38da2c96a30fc1b14c57f594284c5c34.png

Away shirt is a beaut. Reminds me of the 98 cup final shirt. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to 22-23 Away Kit revealed ( updated )