Alex Cochrane

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Tom Hardy’s Dug
22 minutes ago, Madjambo21 said:

He was really poor yesterday. 

The Aberdeen boy flicked the ball over him twice in the space of 10 mins the hit a crossfield ball that played in the dons striker. 

Didn't see the incident with Neilson but seen him roaring at his own players for lack of movement.

Right to take him off and chalk it down to a bad day.

To be fair could have taken anyone off

Did he cost us a goal though? (I don’t know the answer - genuine question)

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• pettigrewsstylist

• jr ewing

• Brick Tamland

pettigrewsstylist
20 hours ago, VagabondJambo said:

I’ve often seen him remonstrating about the lack of off-the-ball movement ahead of him.

Nowt wrong with a bit of passion and cajoling.

Long may it continue. Need more like him tbh.

pettigrewsstylist
20 hours ago, Sertse said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the only time I've seen him sub someone so early on into a game outwith injury was Ben Woodburn. Does not bode well for the club if he's going to start benching/not playing players purely because they don't agree with him.

Suspected it for a while. 

pettigrewsstylist
20 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Especially one of our best players/assets

Id also question Atkinson’s treatment to be honest. Not a world beater but his last couple of appearances don’t show he deserves to be blanked as he seems to be.

Agree ref Atty. Can't for life of me figure out how between RN, Smith, Mculloch and Halliday we cant teach him defensive basics. Unfathomable.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

Jambo-Jimbo
19 hours ago, Madjambo21 said:

He was really poor yesterday. 

The Aberdeen boy flicked the ball over him twice in the space of 10 mins the hit a crossfield ball that played in the dons striker. 

Didn't see the incident with Neilson but seen him roaring at his own players for lack of movement.

Right to take him off and chalk it down to a bad day.

To be fair could have taken anyone off

From what I seen, Cochrane was near enough right next to our dugout in acres of space but played the ball crossfield backwards, presumably because there was little to no movement up front for him to make a pass to, Neilson must have said something to him as Cochrane then held out his hands in a wtf am I supposed to do type of gesture, anyway his crossfield ball was picked up by an Aberdeen player who then ran at pace towards our box, Cochrane jogged back then realised that an Aberdeen player was totally unmarked at the back post, then he put a bit of urgency into his run.

A minute or two later he was subbed, and when he came off he went straight and sat down on the bench, didn't go near Neilson or any of the other management team.  I didn't see Cochrane on the bench after halftime, I don't know where he was.

I do wonder if he's not fully fit, maybe still carrying an injury, either way he just wasn't right.

ArcticJambo
15 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

From what I seen, Cochrane was near enough right next to our dugout in acres of space but played the ball crossfield backwards, presumably because there was little to no movement up front for him to make a pass to, Neilson must have said something to him as Cochrane then held out his hands in a wtf am I supposed to do type of gesture, anyway his crossfield ball was picked up by an Aberdeen player who then ran at pace towards our box, Cochrane jogged back then realised that an Aberdeen player was totally unmarked at the back post, then he put a bit of urgency into his run.

A minute or two later he was subbed, and when he came off he went straight and sat down on the bench, didn't go near Neilson or any of the other management team.  I didn't see Cochrane on the bench after halftime, I don't know where he was.

I do wonder if he's not fully fit, maybe still carrying an injury, either way he just wasn't right.

The passage of play you describe is what I've seen many times this season on the left (he's not been the only one btw) but he tends to get caught quite often in this manner. He never seems to bust a gut to get back either. Might be an injury, might be that he's simply not quick enough. He looks heavy right now.  As I've said elsewhere I think he's fine as a LB but anything else is, as it stands just now, is a case of round peg in square hole!

Not seeing him further forward in a 442 or some combo either as he's not as much of a goal threat as say Halliday, nor does he possess the creative skill of him. Might last the full game mind. Alas, not for me, Clive.

Edited by ArcticJambo

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Played a lot of football and now playing through a hip injury as a consequence of Kingsley falling in a hole.

I watched the players go back on the bus Saturday, one by one, the two that looked destroyed were Kingsley and McKay, Kingsley I think came on at 3-0 down, hardly his fault Saturday, my belief is they stuck Cochrane on due to form of Kingsley. It backfired badly.

19 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Did he cost us a goal though? (I don’t know the answer - genuine question)

Not directly I don't think.

Just had a terrible game unfortunately. 

As I said could have taken anyone off though

The Real Maroonblood
29 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Maybe he was suffering from “Mental Fatigue.”

John Findlay

Cochrane will not play at a higher level than Hearts. He lacks pace. He never goes on the outside of any opposition player as he knows he does not have the pace to beat them. He also has bad positional sense when defending.

He stands to far from the opposition wide player and is often done by the crossfield diagonal ball in behind him.

Doesn't have the pace to bail himself out.