Alex Cochrane

Tom Hardy’s Dug

TyphoonJambo
16 minutes ago, jambo19 said:

Young lad with time to develop. Already knows the squad, style of play and the relationship with Gordon, Kingsley, Halkett for playing from the back.

Excellent first touch and chipped in with som goals and assists.

If he was iffy in some games last season, playing his first proper season of senior football then there's definite potential for him to improve.

Safe option from Hearts and I'm happy with it. Which other left wing backs in the league would you take over him that's affordable for comparison? Certainly not Doig 

Couldnt afford the 10mil Doig price tag 

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• pettigrewsstylist

• jr ewing

• johnking123

Brick Tamland
4 hours ago, jambo19 said:

Young lad with time to develop. Already knows the squad, style of play and the relationship with Gordon, Kingsley, Halkett for playing from the back.

Excellent first touch and chipped in with som goals and assists.

If he was iffy in some games last season, playing his first proper season of senior football then there's definite potential for him to improve.

Safe option from Hearts and I'm happy with it. Which other left wing backs in the league would you take over him that's affordable for comparison? Certainly not Doig 

Very much this, settled fairly quickly and did well, with the experience gained last season I think he'll really push on.

• 6 months later...
Nelly Terraces

Shout out for the boys performance yesterday, bit of an unsung hero with numerous good tackles & clearances plus driving forward with the ball to take pressure off us & build chances. Built like a brick shithouse as well & opposition players just bounce off the lad.

Well played that man.

5 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Shout out for the boys performance yesterday, bit of an unsung hero with numerous good tackles & clearances plus driving forward with the ball to take pressure off us & build chances. Built like a brick shithouse as well & opposition players just bounce off the lad.

Well played that man.

Consistently one of the best players we have, I haven't seen him have a bad game (albeit I don't watch every week) and will be one of the names in the hat for player of the season at this rate.

Always as solid as anything.

Just love the way he gets up and on with it when the thugs attack him.

The perfect professional.

Cracking player for us.

1 minute ago, davie1980 said:

Consistently one of the best players we have, I haven't seen him have a bad game (albeit I don't watch every week) and will be one of the names in the hat for player of the season at this rate.

Like if we’d signed Michael Smith at 21. 

On 10/04/2022 at 13:18, bistokid said:

Nope. Panics on the ball. Not particularly quick. Delivery very inconsistent. Was beaten a bit too easy for the Hibs goal yesterday but definitely had one of his better games.We can do better.

This is the worst comment on this site ever🤣🤣🤣🤣

Great player. Glad he signed in the summer. I didn't think his game was spectacular yesterday but was certainly solid enough. A certain starter ever week for sure!

Enjoy him while he is here this lad will end up in the premiership. His first touch is absolutely immense a cracking player who can play anywhere. 

He is actually very good in a back 3 but prefer him at left back 

2 hours ago, the posh bit said:

My favourite player in the squad. His all-round ability is matched by his courage. The boy is a fitba' machine. 

I think you right he is the most consistent player at the club 

Diadora Van Basten

Seems to be loving his football, playing for the jersey and getting better all the time.

He was good yesterday but his best game was against Motherwell especially when we went down to ten players.

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Seems to be loving his football, playing for the jersey and getting better all the time.

He was good yesterday but his best game was against Motherwell especially when we went down to ten players.

he was ridiculous against Zurich also

Outside of his play I love that he’s always the first player going over to the fans after each game.

The kid is a class act.

Absolute Scenes
12 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Being watched by a few clubs

Sad to hear but also not surprised. Nothing less than 5 million

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Great player, heart of a lion and very consistent this season. We will do well to hold on to him. 

Yeah, he's so consistent and a decent player.

henrysmithsgloves

Why should we sell,we should be building a team to compete and win. That's part of the problem with Scottish football,any decent player gets mainly snatched up by the bum cheeks to sit on the bench. Keep us "the wee diddy teams "down. They get all the spoils...sorry rant over🤣 

He's the player most comfortable on the ball when we're playing it out from the back and he usually picks the better passes into the middle third.  It should be part of the tactics to get players to make a run or drop into a pocket of space in timing for one of his passes.  

He's been great this season and stepped it up to another level. We won't hang onto him forever but hopefully he makes us some decent wedge when he does leave. He had one great block in the 6 yard box from Nisbet on Monday. At the game I actually thought he was sloppy with a few clearances but it's probably more to do with the fact that his performances have been so high that you notice it more. He made the free kick from where we scored the second goal by driving out of defence and feeding it into Shankland.

Can't say enough about him tbh, first rate attitude, one of the best first touches in the squad, athletic, can slot in to LCB, LB, or LWB seamlessly, defends well & comfortable on the ball. He's destined for the top no mistake about it.

15 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Being watched by a few clubs

No surprises there, hopefully when he does go it's to a good club for good money on the back of a SC win.

The Goalscoring Knee
37 minutes ago, Rossco said:

Just found this interview online which is fairly recent. Comes across very well. Apologies if it's been posted before.

:thumbsup: Thanks for posting. Liked him from day one - first-class attitude which sets him apart from others of similar ability. Always tries his absolute best, even when being asked to play in unfamiliar roles against bigger, stronger players - might bounce off them at first but always comes back for more. Excellent first touch and can hit some pinpoint crossfield rakers. Up there with the best signings we've made in the last couple of years.

If Clubs are looking at him they better know they will be paying an English player premium. 

He is different class and is improving every match. 

As others have said if we can match him on the other side we’d have some defence. Hopefully JS and co have someone in mind. 

Any thoughts that we don’t improve players is being blown out the water by Cochrane and Sibbick. Would love to see Grant being the next one, he’s got talent just needs a bit of time and a run in the team.

Most improved player for me, he's come on leaps and bounds since he signed permanently.  Breaks forward with more assurance and effectiveness, and I'm expecting goals from him (wtf happened at Pittodrie Alex if you are looking in...).  He's taken responsibility in the air in the absence of Halkett, and has a great attitude.  Also seems to sustain heavy tackles and keep on ticking.

Up there for player of the year.

Ex member of the SaS

We all have different opinions but how anyone can say he's not good enough is strange. IMHO he a cracking wee player.

scott herbertson

Wasn't sure about him early on, but was wildly wrong. He's a huge asset to us and has the heart of a lion

22 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Wasn't sure about him early on, but was wildly wrong. He's a huge asset to us and has the heart of a lion

Not necessarily wrong mate, you'd have been right to be unsure about him to begin with. When he first arrived on loan he wasn't actually that great and wasn't a huge asset. Now he is due to the improvements he's made in his game. 

scott herbertson
16 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Not necessarily wrong mate, you'd have been right to be unsure about him to begin with. When he first arrived on loan he wasn't actually that great and wasn't a huge asset. Now he is due to the improvements he's made in his game. 

True

One of the things I like best about him (and Halliday, and Devlin) is that they have a tremendous will to win and belief that we can do it. When we go behind, their heads don't go down, quite the opposite.

Cochrane is originally a Scottish surname - does anyone know if he is eligible for Scotland? If he is I would look to get him on board before he ends up at an English Premiership side

1 minute ago, scott herbertson said:

True

One of the things I like best about him (and Halliday, and Devlin) is that they have a tremendous will to win and belief that we can do it. When we go behind, their heads don't go down, quite the opposite.

Agree. And he also gets what it means to play for the club

Dick Dastardly
11 hours ago, Rossco said:

Just found this interview online which is fairly recent. Comes across very well. Apologies if it's been posted before.

Just come across this as well. Decent interview