Jump to content

Alex Cochrane


Tom Hardy’s Dug
 Share

Recommended Posts

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Key role in 2 goals, GIRU the Hibees at the equaliser as good as any player’s in recent years, young lad - always going to have a wee dip in form in his first full season at this level?

 

Keep or not keep if we have the choice for the squad next season?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Russ1977

I’d keep him if the deal was right financially. Young with plenty development left in him and seems to have a good attitude. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JamboBornNBred

I would keep him.Thought he was superb yesterday and kept Cadden quiet.Loved his shushing the hibs fans at Hallidays first goal.He gets Hearts so would be more than pleased for him  to stay.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

HillmanHearts

Keep.

Had a wee dip but is back on it.

 

Great energy and attitude.

Maybe could drive through to the bi-line a bit more when the chance is there - but thats being a bit picky.

Thought he had a great game yesterday.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mikey1874

He is a player with potential. 

 

Somehow he wasn't so dangerous in attack for a good while. Cutting back too often. Getting lost a bit. 

 

But he showed what he could do yesterday. There is so much trust now with Kingsley passing to him and he played longer balls with both feet as well as shorter passes and runs. 

 

Hoping we can keep him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

fabienleclerq

I think he's class tbh, his first touch at times is first rate. He gets up and down and is another who keeps improving. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

bistokid

Nope. Panics on the ball. Not particularly quick. Delivery very inconsistent. Was beaten a bit too easy for the Hibs goal yesterday but definitely had one of his better games.We can do better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thomaso

Like the rest of the team he was a bit dodgy for the first 20 minutes but was superb in the second half.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

King prawn

Best game in a Hearts jersey by far. 
 

People forget he’s only 21 - I’d like to see him back 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Costanza

If our main formation is a back 4 then yes. Less convinced if a wing back if we play a back 3.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Absolute Scenes

First half he was was awful. Really uncomfortable and I felt starting him and Sibbick in a derby was a bad move. However…not sure what neilson said to Alex at half time, maybe held his family at gun point, but a different lad walked out. I would not be against getting him permanently if his wage was reasonably low. He’s actually really good at building up our attacks, just gets bullied too much

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Captain Sausage

Not a starter for next season. Maybe as a squad filler but only if it’s not pricing us out of improvements elsewhere. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tasavallan

Young lad, still learning. I like him. Worth keeping if BHA are willing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19/05/2012

Would only keep him as back up. Has cost us a few goals with his stand off defending and lack off pace. He certainly is not a wing back always looks to go backwards when he gets the ball wide. First time he passed forward yesterday we got the equaliser

Link to comment
Share on other sites

boag1874

Would keep him purely based on his shushing of the hibs end at the equaliser, he gets it :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

AlphonseCapone
7 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Not a starter for next season. Maybe as a squad filler but only if it’s not pricing us out of improvements elsewhere. 

 

This. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PhoenixHearts
52 minutes ago, bistokid said:

Nope. Panics on the ball. Not particularly quick. Delivery very inconsistent. Was beaten a bit too easy for the Hibs goal yesterday but definitely had one of his better games.We can do better.

 

He's 21!

If he has performances like yesterday (and early on in the season) in his bag then he is perfectly capable of replicating them more and more as he develops and matures with the team. 

 

Easy decision for me. Keep him if it's possible on the right fee.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd keep him if the price is right.  I suppose there's also a chance that Brighton might decide to offer him a contract extension and leave him with us for another season to see how he develops.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

hearts00

I would keep if the contract is right. 
 

Good touch, works hard, lots of potential. Really needs to work on his crossing and learn a week trick from Kingsley to take the opposition on now and again. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Bannon Flick

Deffo keep him in my opinion. Comfy on the ball and great passer.

 

Had a hand in a couple of the goals and delighted in telling those clowns to shut up.

 

Good lad 👏

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Boyces beard

If as expected we sign a couple of new centre backs in the summer he would most likely be competing with Kingsley for a place in the starting 11, we have Halliday who can also play the left back/wing back role.

 

Saying that if the lad is willing to join us on a wage that suits both parties and fight for his place in the team then its a no brainer and we should defo be looking to get him on a permanent deal. 

 

He is only going to get better, he gets Hearts and understands what it means to play for our great club. Giving the be quiet signal to Hibs fans yesterday after Hallidays goal was great to see.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Like the rest of the team he was a bit dodgy for the first 20 minutes but was superb in the second half.

This. His performances are a bit marmite. But he is young and has potential. Is he out of contract in the summer? If so then make him an offer. If not perhaps a further loan with an option to buy if he improves further.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

chrystaf
1 hour ago, bistokid said:

Nope. Panics on the ball. Not particularly quick. Delivery very inconsistent. Was beaten a bit too easy for the Hibs goal yesterday but definitely had one of his better games.We can do better.

As an attacking threat he's an asset, witness his skills in starting the move that brought our third goal.

Yes left behind for Hibs goal. And he does have to work on the defensive side of his game. 

However lots of potential.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

First half he was was awful. Really uncomfortable and I felt starting him and Sibbick in a derby was a bad move. However…not sure what neilson said to Alex at half time, maybe held his family at gun point, but a different lad walked out. I would not be against getting him permanently if his wage was reasonably low. He’s actually really good at building up our attacks, just gets bullied too much


My thoughts too. A different player the second half. 
 

I’d keep him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lets see how he does at Hampden. I'm a bit worried that he seems to be overawed by the big occasions - OF games in particular he's looked like a wee boy. If he can put in an assured performance at Hampden, then 100%. I suspect Neilson wants to keep him though. If we're in discussions with any of the loanees, Cochrane will be a cert.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

jambo007

Agree with OTT. Keep , pleased with the way the younger guys have settled in , a few 21/23 y/os . and I think we forget that .

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Brick Tamland

He was definitely a bit shaky in the first 20mins but then came onto his game and thought he was excellent from then onwards. 
He has loads of potential to become very good as he ticks all the boxes of a modern day player - he’s athletic, has pace, good first touch, good vision, can play a pass, can score goals, strong work ethic, comfortable on the ball, can cross, good attitude and spirit… would be great if we could keep him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1971fozzy

Nervous first 20 minutes (as were a few granted) but settled into a very decent game.  Always liked him so hope he stays if possible. Another one who gives his all and gets the club

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He put in a few really quality crosses into the box especially the one Simms got to but put wide. I think he has come on a lot this season and each time he has been left out for a few games he has come back better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

jamboinglasgow
4 hours ago, Brick Tamland said:

He was definitely a bit shaky in the first 20mins but then came onto his game and thought he was excellent from then onwards. 
He has loads of potential to become very good as he ticks all the boxes of a modern day player - he’s athletic, has pace, good first touch, good vision, can play a pass, can score goals, strong work ethic, comfortable on the ball, can cross, good attitude and spirit… would be great if we could keep him. 

 

Thats where I am. First 20 mins felt like a player who is low in confidence who hasn't played much. But it clicked and he looked a great left wing back after that. Also easy to forget that before he came to Hearts he had only 10 senior appearances in his career, so you would except him to only get better. As long as he is not demanding too much, then I would take him as it means with him, Kingsley and Halliday that we dont need to go and find a new left back. 

Edited by jamboinglasgow
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Batistuta87

Keeps. 

 

He gets us, and has bags of potential to crack on and become a very good player. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some of the comments on this thread 🙈

He's a young guy learning his trade a bit like Atkinson and  has the potentially to be a very good player ,like Atkinson. 

Great attitude, gets forward and never hides . Chips in with the odd goal and assist. Really seems to be improving in the last few games. Could do a lot worse than persuade him to sign a deal up here ,but I think he'll probably head back down South. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

CloustonHMFC

Plenty potential but inconsistent at this stage. I would keep him though because there’s definitely a player there if he can get his consistency up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
Brick Tamland

Delighted if the news about him signing is true.

He now has the experience of what Scottish Football is like, what the club expect of him, how the club operate, what the atmosphere is like when Tynie is rocking, what our support for the club is like, what it's like to beat the sunshites from Leith, all on top of his athleticism, pace, natural ability, vision, passing, work rate, crossing, and so on.

One who will keep improving and could be a key player for us in the future.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No Idle Talk

I quite like Alex Cochrane as a player. I do think he had a couple of iffy games against the Old Firm but that can happen. He's still a young player and I saw enough from him last season to make me believe that he is going to get better. I will be glad if we sign him on a permanent deal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Newton51

Would be happy with this especially so Kingsley plays at lcb. Rowles as a back up

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kendoll

Said on the transfer chat that I would have taken him on a free, but wouldn't have paid a fee for him. Think it was The Terrace podcast that had the stat that, out of eligible full backs in the league for games played, Cochrane ranked 3rd worst for crossing percentage in the league, dribbling percentage was 2nd worst, 2nd worst of successful passes in the final third. He's dependable enough defensively, which I suppose is his primary job, but for someone getting up and down the line, he's pretty poor when going forward. I get he's young, so maybe had potential to improve, but if we're paying a fee, I'd want a more polished article personally. 

 

As long as it's a very small, nominal fee, then happy to have him, but if it requires a 6 figure fee, I'd prefer it was used elsewhere (all I want this window is Connor Ronan 😂). 

 

Will get full backing regardless. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Nothing is going to stop my feeling that a pretty decent club is going to come in for Kingsley.

 

We’re in a good position to hold him or demand a tonne of money for him though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tom Hardy’s Dug
12 minutes ago, Kendoll said:

Said on the transfer chat that I would have taken him on a free, but wouldn't have paid a fee for him. Think it was The Terrace podcast that had the stat that, out of eligible full backs in the league for games played, Cochrane ranked 3rd worst for crossing percentage in the league, dribbling percentage was 2nd worst, 2nd worst of successful passes in the final third. He's dependable enough defensively, which I suppose is his primary job, but for someone getting up and down the line, he's pretty poor when going forward. I get he's young, so maybe had potential to improve, but if we're paying a fee, I'd want a more polished article personally. 

 

As long as it's a very small, nominal fee, then happy to have him, but if it requires a 6 figure fee, I'd prefer it was used elsewhere (all I want this window is Connor Ronan 😂). 

 

Will get full backing regardless. 

It’s funny because I never felt he was bad going forward.

 

My main memory is his excellent touch receiving those long switch passes from Souttar and regularly hitting near the back post area from the left when we were attacking.


He can finish as well. Just needs to gain confidence and experience doing it - as you would expect.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Alec Eiffel

Cochrane is a good young full-back but still needs to learn how to cross a ball and how to be aware of opposition forwards ghosting into the box and catching him out.

 

I would not be against him having another season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

jambopilms

Squad filler for me, decent back up but fail to see how we are improving if he is in the first 11.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Glamorgan Jambo

A very low maintenance player who can play a number of positions. I can see why we are going to pay something for him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good player, Versatile, room for improvement and at a young age could go on to do really well for us and earn us a decent wedge on the way out.

 

Definitely happy to get him signed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jambopilms said:

Squad filler for me, decent back up but fail to see how we are improving if he is in the first 11.

 

Because if he was at the stage now where he could walk into the team and visibly make us that much better we wouldn't be able to afford him.

 

He will come to us and like Halkett, Souttar and many before them develop into a player who is vital to the first XI.

 

That's how it works for a club like Hearts and how it has to be if we want to compete against wealthier clubs like the OF.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Canscot
2 hours ago, Bauld said:

 

Because if he was at the stage now where he could walk into the team and visibly make us that much better we wouldn't be able to afford him.

 

He will come to us and like Halkett, Souttar and many before them develop into a player who is vital to the first XI.

 

That's how it works for a club like Hearts and how it has to be if we want to compete against wealthier clubs like the OF.

^^^This! We can only afford players with future potential like Devlin and Benny las season. The hope has to be that we develop them further and make some moolah off them in the process. Some we will win. Some we will lose. Just the way things are. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

superjack
9 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Nothing is going to stop my feeling that a pretty decent club is going to come in for Kingsley.

 

We’re in a good position to hold him or demand a tonne of money for him though.

This is where I am, as soon as we signed Rowles I thought we must be expecting a decent offer for Kingsley. I really hope we are wrong as Kingsley, to me anyway, is our best outfield player. But we can't turn away any serious bid either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

jambo19

Young lad with time to develop. Already knows the squad, style of play and the relationship with Gordon, Kingsley, Halkett for playing from the back.

Excellent first touch and chipped in with som goals and assists.

 

If he was iffy in some games last season, playing his first proper season of senior football then there's definite potential for him to improve.

 

Safe option from Hearts and I'm happy with it. Which other left wing backs in the league would you take over him that's affordable for comparison? Certainly not Doig 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...