• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• pettigrewsstylist

• jr ewing

• Brick Tamland

Corstorphine Jambo

Once McKay went to the left to join Cochrane, Hearts had a real threat with the pair combining well. We definitely dropped down a level when Cochrane departed

Been behind him since day one, could always tell he had it in him when he came in even though he was a bit shy. 

He’s turned into a man in front of our very eyes and the way he skinned those two boys before he came off just gave me glimpses of what he’s going to be like in future.

Byyy The Light

Game changed when he went off. Great performance. Superb player. If Josh Doig goes for £10 million I want £70 million for  Cochrane.

1 hour ago, Corstorphine Jambo said:

Once McKay went to the left to join Cochrane, Hearts had a real threat with the pair combining well. We definitely dropped down a level when Cochrane departed

👍

1 hour ago, BigAlim said:

Been behind him since day one, could always tell he had it in him when he came in even though he was a bit shy. 

He’s turned into a man in front of our very eyes and the way he skinned those two boys before he came off just gave me glimpses of what he’s going to be like in future.

I'm the same, he impressed early on last season, had a wee drop off in form mid-season, but really finished the season strongly and has kicked on again this season.

As many on here have said, he's got to be one of the first names on the team sheet.  He's done well covering as LCB due to injuries, but great to see him back as LWB, which is where he offers us most imo.

A great piece of business by Hearts.

1 minute ago, karipidis said:

Robbie said it is a precaution for Wednesday. Been absolutely superb this season. 

The laddie has come on leaps and bounds since he arrived. I really don't think we can drop him for Kingsley when we have everyone fit... such a cracking player! No wonder Italian teams have been sniffing about.

StevenNaismith

He’s been our best player this season for me. Seen him after the game last night and he said he will be fine for Wednesday. I’d rest him if Kingsley is fit, can’t be too careful with a hamstring.

37 minutes ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

I've noticed him pouring cold water on the back of his legs a couple of times lately. What's that all about?

Don’t know but putting something cold on cramp can help. 

Was motm prior to being taken off, his first touch, movement and drive were all superb. We became dangerous when McKay went to his side. Hope we keep him next season as I expect there will be decent bids in the future.

loveofthegame
7 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

So he should of come off

Yep. Poor decision to leave him on, why take that risk. Hopefully Kingsley back Wed and the rest gives Cochrane time to get fit for Hibs.

I’d like to see him and Smith do more from the wing back area, when Mackay moved over to his side he contributed a bit more. Wing backs need to be contributing in this system. Smith just doesn’t have the legs anymore and needs replaced, surprised Atkinsons not been involved more. 

pettigrewsstylist
10 hours ago, hearts00 said:

Will be a big miss if out for the next two huge games. 

That would be really dissapointing.

pettigrewsstylist
2 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

The laddie has come on leaps and bounds since he arrived. I really don't think we can drop him for Kingsley when we have everyone fit... such a cracking player! No wonder Italian teams have been sniffing about.

Having quality rotating, for whatever reason, is what we aspire to. Its not so much "dropping" as everyone plays their part.

Good player, it had an effect when he went off last night. Noticed Sir Snoddy of Gorgie giving him plenty of advice last night and Alex was taking it all in, good lad.

2 hours ago, karipidis said:

Robbie said it is a precaution for Wednesday. Been absolutely superb this season. 

I'd be tempted to give him a rest on Wednesday and give Kingsley some game time (If he's recovered from whatever it is he's struggling with). Cochrane has to play against hibs as their only real threats come from out wide.

1 hour ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Having quality rotating, for whatever reason, is what we aspire to. Its not so much "dropping" as everyone plays their part.

I get having a bigger squad is required especially when playing European games... but rotating for rotating's sake should be left to likes of Liverpool, Man City etc. Not a fan... I would rather we played our best team available - changing 2/3 max, each game. For me, this is where consistency comes. My point with regards to Alex is he's one of my first names on the team sheet these days along with Shankland, Snodgrass etc. and, as much as I rate Kingsley, I wouldn't necessarily change him just because Kingsley is available - I do think he's becoming that important to us. Only my opinion, of course.

pettigrewsstylist
15 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I get having a bigger squad is required especially when playing European games... but rotating for rotating's sake should be left to likes of Liverpool, Man City etc. Not a fan... I would rather we played our best team available - changing 2/3 max, each game. For me, this is where consistency comes. My point with regards to Alex is he's one of my first names on the team sheet these days along with Shankland, Snodgrass etc. and, as much as I rate Kingsley, I wouldn't necessarily change him just because Kingsley is available - I do think he's becoming that important to us. Only my opinion, of course.

I get that and tend to agree. Problem is, if you want to have the depth in quality, using LB as an example, then you have to play both at times, or they will just leave and we are back to a far lower quality player as cover, happy to warm bench.

Tbh in the modern game, rest and recuperation, injuries, suspensions should never really see rotating for rotatings sake. Then you can consider form. Historically that been  a real luxury for us, and what we need to progress from where we are now.

Its Cochranes right now to lose without doubt. My player of season so far, and with Shanklands goals thats an incredible thing to say.

If he has felt a twinge tho....this is where we probably no longer need to take a risk Wed due to quality in depth.

👍 yeah, that’s fair. And your last sentence is correct… we don’t have to take a risk these days (with muscle tweaks etc) as we’ve got the cover without really weakening the team. We really are assembling a strong squad!

• 2 months later...

Saw posters saying he was subbed because he argued with Neilson, does anyone have the video of it?

Been consistently one of our best players, very very surprising he was subbed 30 minutes in.

2 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Saw posters saying he was subbed because he argued with Neilson, does anyone have the video of it?

Been consistently one of our best players, very very surprising he was subbed 30 minutes in.

Certainly in disagreement about something. Face like fizz.

The Treasurer

I'm not convinced that he is fully fit as he is nowhere near the player of last season. 

Still one of our best players though and never gives less than 100%

VagabondJambo

I’ve often seen him remonstrating about the lack of off-the-ball movement ahead of him.

Nowt wrong with a bit of passion and cajoling.

Rick Sanchez

No proof other than my yaks. 

He 100% bit back at Neilson. Whether that was frustration at Neilson or his own performance I can't say.

Same applies to his reaction when subbed. And Neilson isn't usually that quick with subs.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
6 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I'm not convinced that he is fully fit as he is nowhere near the player of last season. 

Still one of our best players though and never gives less than 100%

I can’t think of a player that has been better for us more consistently than him this season.

Unfairly subbed yesterday IMO. Made an example of before half time for what reason? To bring on a arobbie favourite that has shown no form this season apart from in pre season games?

4 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

No proof other than my yaks. 

He 100% bit back at Neilson. Whether that was frustration at Neilson or his own performance I can't say.

Same applies to his reaction when subbed. And Neilson isn't usually that quick with subs.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the only time I've seen him sub someone so early on into a game outwith injury was Ben Woodburn. Does not bode well for the club if he's going to start benching/not playing players purely because they don't agree with him.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the only time I've seen him sub someone so early on into a game outwith injury was Ben Woodburn. Does not bode well for the club if he's going to start benching/not playing players purely because they don't agree with him.

Especially one of our best players/assets

Id also question Atkinson’s treatment to be honest. Not a world beater but his last couple of appearances don’t show he deserves to be blanked as he seems to be.

The Hogfather

Player who had dropped out recently due to injury takes a sore one and is taken off shortly after.

"Argyooin wiv da managr"

Edited by The Hogfather

The guy is one of our best players, a huge asset at a very good age. 
Something not right with him at the moment though. Whether it’s fitness, or what he’s being asked to do, I don’t know

He was really poor yesterday. 

The Aberdeen boy flicked the ball over him twice in the space of 10 mins the hit a crossfield ball that played in the dons striker. 

Didn't see the incident with Neilson but seen him roaring at his own players for lack of movement.

Right to take him off and chalk it down to a bad day.

To be fair could have taken anyone off

Tom Hardy’s Dug
4 hours ago, liam11 said:

The guy is one of our best players, a huge asset at a very good age. 
Something not right with him at the moment though. Whether it’s fitness, or what he’s being asked to do, I don’t know

He’s being asked to do what he has been doing increasingly well since last year.

LWB.

Cochrane is one part of the team that tends to function properly and consistently.