Hibs.net

Herbert.

13 minutes ago, Boghell51 said:

Had to work today but listening to Collins on radio on way home was absolutely brilliant,must off killed him as he kept saying the best pub team in the land were most likely to score next, son said Halliday was fantastic today

Halliday and Sibbick were absolutely dreadful the first 35 minutes....then....:sweeet:

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Morgan

• TheBigO

• RobNox

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

It was only two points 

So, it was.  It was also 0-5 at half-time. Second time I had watched us lose 7 at home but much more painful than the first time and the third time when it came round as well. 

20 minutes ago, heartandsoul said:

We have put 8 past them as well if I recall correctly.

Did you enjoy that game? 

6 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Halliday and Sibbick were absolutely dreadful the first 35 minutes....then....:sweeet:

Yes,just seen highlights and the taunting from the hobos must off sparked something in Halliday, hence the 2 well taken goals

HeartsandonlyHearts

One of them thinks there’s a chance if Maloney stays they could be in danger of relegation next season. Does he think today was the last game of this season? He’s in denial if he doesn’t think they could be relegated this season. #!bs being relegated would make my Summer.

Guest ToqueJambo

Karma indeed. Lovely stuff. It's been obvious from the start that Gordon was going to be a disaster the moment Dempster left. The Maloney appointment just confirmed it. The problem Hibs have is they are in a really bad state on the pitch in the dugout AND in the boardroom.

It's going to be a massive amount of work and will cost a massive amount of money to change it. The whole lot need replaced - from the owner to the DoF (whoever he is) to the manager and all the players from what I saw today. Relegation might actually be good for them in terms of starting over, but the problems stem with the ownership and that's going to be hard to change.

Shame.

1 hour ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

One of them thinks there’s a chance if Maloney stays they could be in danger of relegation next season. Does he think today was the last game of this season? He’s in denial if he doesn’t think they could be relegated this season. #!bs being relegated would make my Summer.

Honestly think they could lose all their remaining games.

4 hours ago, Herbert. said:

I'm still able to get on it and the penny has well and truly dropped. Maloney is a shite Cathro and Gordon is humping them like a Jack Russell. The mutants deserve this misery.

I ****ing love hibs 😂

R.gif

Mr Elwood P
3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

No, would just love to see 1973 fully avenged before I disappear.  

It was.

Fitzroy Pointon

Lads, just so you know, if it wasn't for Drey Wright going off injured they would have won :rofl:

Screenshot_20220410-003252_Chrome.thumb.jpg.19063fa7a5769b2fd3b3a6affb356657.jpg

Naisys Tackle

Hibs are absolute pap.  Imagine we finish 3rd, win the cup and they go and do a Hamilton.

Please god.  10 years after the final too. 

9 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Lads, just so you know, if it wasn't for Drey Wright going off injured they would have won :rofl:

Screenshot_20220410-003252_Chrome.thumb.jpg.19063fa7a5769b2fd3b3a6affb356657.jpg

That's a belter😆

Naisys Tackle
1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

If the money is spent wisely we can get years ahead of them .

We could spunk it this year and with the donations we have we are going to be miles ahead forever. 

On 10/04/2022 at 04:21, Gilberts Fridge said:

They're starting to question  their great leader Ron as well. Which is nice.

Ron gets support from his mother.......!

images (20).jpeg

Heartsofgold
6 hours ago, chubby1973 said:
Tha Cabbage Kid 05:18 PM Today
I'm sticking with Maloney!
I don't want to get rid of him yet.
Even if we don't make the final

He needs time to bed his plan into the club.

Step forward our undercover shit stirrer!!

59 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

I genuinely hope sticky libby hibby believes that. 

6 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes we do, it’s been hurting for nearly fifty years now.  I presume you weren’t there that day? 

7-0 happened 49 years ago. Nearly 5 entire decades.  Think about just how different the world was in 1973 to how it is now.

1973 was closer to the start and end of World War II than it is to the present day. 

If the absolute best that Hibs can have to claim over us, they can have it.  It was a total one off in a normal league match worth the grand total of 2 points. They didn't win a trophy, and they didn't gain anything else from it. They will never do it again, and they won't ever get close. In fact, the last time they beat us by more than 2 goals was nearly 22 years ago, which might as well be a different era of football with how much the game has changed in that time. 

They can have their 7-0, safe in the knowledge that an ever shrinking minority of their support was actually born when it happened.  If they want to cling to something that happened so long ago, and think of it as the zenith of their entire football club, well then, that's just sad. 

5 hours ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Unfortunately, the only spanner in the works for that to happen is that St Johnstone would need to win 3 games, and they are mince.

Losing their next 5 league games isn't even a long shot based on their recent performances, but the others are also total shite and have created such a quagmire in the bottom 6 that it's hard to see the standings changing all that much. 

SpruceBringsteen
14 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Unfortunately, the only spanner in the works for that to happen is that St Johnstone would need to win 3 games, and they are mince.

Losing their next 5 league games isn't even a long shot based on their recent performances, but the others are also total shite and have created such a quagmire in the bottom 6 that it's hard to see the standings changing all that much. 

Never write Hibs to lose off imo :cool:

Just now, SpruceBringsteen said:

Never write Hibs to lose off imo :cool:

I never do :jjyay:

The Perth Farmers winning one game, let alone 3 though... 

5 hours ago, tian447 said:

7-0 happened 49 years ago. Nearly 5 entire decades.  Think about just how different the world was in 1973 to how it is now.

1973 was closer to the start and end of World War II than it is to the present day. 

If the absolute best that Hibs can have to claim over us, they can have it.  It was a total one off in a normal league match worth the grand total of 2 points. They didn't win a trophy, and they didn't gain anything else from it. They will never do it again, and they won't ever get close. In fact, the last time they beat us by more than 2 goals was nearly 22 years ago, which might as well be a different era of football with how much the game has changed in that time. 

They can have their 7-0, safe in the knowledge that an ever shrinking minority of their support was actually born when it happened.  If they want to cling to something that happened so long ago, and think of it as the zenith of their entire football club, well then, that's just sad. 

Yep, but if you were there that New Years Day, like me, I think you would just love to see it avenged with a similar or higher scoreline. For most of us that were there the 7-0 has stuck in our throats for, as you say, 49 years. It generated lots of stick from their fans for many years after as well. How long do you think we will be ramming 5-1 down their throats for? 

9 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

If, and it’s a big if, St.Johnstone were to win four of their remaining games including the one against Hibs, then Hibs would need four points from their other four games to avoid a play-off. Based on what I saw yesterday that could be a challenge for them. 

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

If, and it’s a big if, St.Johnstone were to win four of their remaining games including the one against Hibs, then Hibs would need four points from their other four games to avoid a play-off. Based on what I saw yesterday that could be a challenge for them. 

They look so weak willed.They thought they had it comfy yesterday but first sign of adversity and the minds were shot to bits.I also don't get this Hibs were the better side first half talk.Just look at the HT stats we bossed it with 63% against this seemingly passing side and had as many shots and I would argue our chances were much more clean cut than Hibs had.Hibs had their 15 mins then for 15 mins or so it was a bit meh then we took complete control.

They've also already decided they'd prefer to meet rangers in the final and I don't mean if, they get through. Its already been decided they've won next Saturday and it's rangers they want to play.

Now, I understand optimism in football, and yesterday and next week will be 2 different games, but this mob really just never learn.

N Lincs Jambo
10 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

As still unlikely scenario but if Hibs could H1b5 it and end up in the relegation play-off spot, I would love to see a team in maroon and white relegate them. Step forward Arbroath FC!

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Yep, but if you were there that New Years Day, like me, I think you would just love to see it avenged with a similar or higher scoreline. For most of us that were there the 7-0 has stuck in our throats for, as you say, 49 years. It generated lots of stick from their fans for many years after as well. How long do you think we will be ramming 5-1 down their throats for? 

No point, they're over it.  :rofl: although a gentle reminder doesn't do any harm. 

Better call Saul

Off topic 

Who's Hibs best player just now I normally expect to see a die hard/ big player in a hibs team but there doesn't seem to be anyone that concerns me when playing against them 

4 minutes ago, Better call Saul said:

Off topic 

Who's Hibs best player just now I normally expect to see a die hard/ big player in a hibs team but there doesn't seem to be anyone that concerns me when playing against them 

Their most dangerous player is Porteous.  By dangerous I mean he's likely to break your leg.

bobby bombscare
9 minutes ago, Better call Saul said:

Off topic 

I’ll be honest and I know I’ll get crap for it.. 

I think Cadden is pretty decent and probably their best player IMO. He is the only player I’d have because the right wing position is one where we still don’t have a definite starter for. 

Outside of him, there isn’t a single player on that park yesterday I’d take, not even for second choice.

15 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

hope boyle is happy wi the mess hes left them in, lol.

said that for a long time, only decent player there.

The lived on the hoof over the top to Boyle for years - now they just hoof it to…….well nobody! 🤣

14 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Their most dangerous player is Porteous.  By dangerous I mean he's likely to break your leg.

He’ll be well wound up after yesterday. Worth putting a few Bob  in him getting a red.

john thomas
33 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

They look so weak willed.They thought they had it comfy yesterday but first sign of adversity and the minds were shot to bits.I also don't get this Hibs were the better side first half talk.Just look at the HT stats we bossed it with 63% against this seemingly passing side and had as many shots and I would argue our chances were much more clean cut than Hibs had.Hibs had their 15 mins then for 15 mins or so it was a bit meh then we took complete control.

Correct . For me one of the best parts of yesterday's performance was how we fought our way back into the game . Missing 3 good chances in the process

15 hours ago, chubby1973 said:

Has any of them said they lost to the worst hearts side ever yet?? Always a favourite when they lose.

Saw that bellend MennyKurphy on Twitter saying something similar. 

4 minutes ago, Deevers said:

He’ll be well wound up after yesterday. Worth putting a few Bob  in him getting a red.

A double on him and Cammy? 

Absolute Scenes
14 minutes ago, bobby bombscare said:

I’ll be honest and I know I’ll get crap for it.. 

I think Cadden is pretty decent and probably their best player IMO. He is the only player I’d have because the right wing position is one where we still don’t have a definite starter for. 

Outside of him, there isn’t a single player on that park yesterday I’d take, not even for second choice.

Nah I would agree there mate. I think they want it desperately to be mueller but I’ve not seen anything to be impressed by yet. Yesterday cadden was constantly down the right…however he’s no Natty Akka 😉

7 hours ago, tian447 said:

This. Just look at semi-recent form. Hibs haven't put more than three/four goals past us since 2000, since then we've done it four (or five?) times.

At absolute minimum it's indicative that Hearts want a win more than Hibs, in reality it just another niche stat displaying JamTart superiority (say "niche" because the bog standard stat already confirms our supremacy, might as well tighten the nut as it were with pretty much everything else).

Edited by Halliphax

3 minutes ago, Marvin said:

A double on him and Cammy? 

If Halliday is fit I reckon Cammy might well have to content himself with a place on the bench. An appearance after 70. Minutes and we’ll be at least three up by that time.

Neverforgetfiveone
15 hours ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

They think Malky McKay is their savour 😂

honestly couldn’t script that stuff. 

bring back Pat Fenlon or Terry Butcher please lads

37986720-61B8-4620-B6B6-67479C123965.jpeg

Harry Potter
19 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

The lived on the hoof over the top to Boyle for years - now they just hoof it to…….well nobody! 🤣

👍.