Hibs.net

Herbert.

2 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

It can happen. There's been at least one occasion when the bottom team at the split has won all five of their games after it.  St Johnstone may be poor, but none of the rest of the bottom six are much better, and hibs are possibly in the worst form of all of them.  All of the games in the bottom six will be ones where either team could conceivably win.  Confidence could be a huge factor, and if St Johnstone are able to shrug off yesterday as something that can happen when you play the top teams, it's not out of the question they could get a result or two quickly and then go on a charge. If hibs start the post-split games badly (hopefully off the back of a hammering from us ay Hampden) and the gap goes from eight points to about four or five quickly, they'll be absolutely shitting themselves! 

In their most recent games against the rest of the bottom 6 they've picked up 2 points, that was from goalless draws against the bottom 2.

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Morgan

• TheBigO

• RobNox

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

No, would just love to see 1973 fully avenged before I disappear.  

It's been avenged, and we don't have to score 7 in a single game to do it.

In three Hampden derbies since then, we've beaten the vermin 4-0, 5-1, and 2-1.

The poor, tortured Hobos would swap their 0-7 for any one of those. 

Just now, Morgan said:

They got two points in 1973.

That’s all.

And thousands of them were gifted the lie that they were there. It must have been the biggest ever derby attendance the amount of them claim that they were there. 

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

And thousands of them were gifted the lie that they were there. It must have been the biggest ever derby attendance the amount of them claim that they were there. 

Even the ones that weren’t born in 1973, miraculously managed to attend the game.

19 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

No, would just love to see 1973 fully avenged before I disappear.  

Sorry but that is rubbish. It was avenged the very next time we played them and stuffed them, so getting the 2 points back they got for their win. And yes I was there that day. 

7 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Sorry but that is rubbish. It was avenged the very next time we played them and stuffed them, so getting the 2 points back they got for their win. And yes I was there that day. 

Me too along with my h1b5 friends who made me stand with them for the new year's day game 4-1 going on a dozen not for the first time since that day.

50 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

It's been avenged, and we don't have to score 7 in a single game to do it.

In three Hampden derbies since then, we've beaten the vermin 4-0, 5-1, and 2-1.

The poor, tortured Hobos would swap their 0-7 for any one of those. 

Not the ones I know from my era.  Response to any defeat always seems to go back to 1973. 

25 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Sorry but I disagree. That’s what makes a forum 👍

9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

The only people that care about us losing a league game 49 years ago are hibs fans (not accusing you of being one). 

Amoruso_lets_it_run
13 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Not the ones I know from my era.  Response to any defeat always seems to go back to 1973. 

My Dad, Uncle and Grandad were there that day and still get their Hibs fan mates bringing it up like it is relevant. But fact it is that it happened so long ago it is increasingly more obscure. If we want to go right back through the history books we have the 2-10 from 1893 as the biggest every derby win...not that we even bother to mention it much. They all know that in the past 50 years they have very little to cling on to so they can keep bleating on about 7-0

Guest ToqueJambo
5 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Just had a skim read of a couple of threads on there, the last post I read declared that we (Hearts fans) are happy watching "industrial" football.

What goes on in their heads and what do they see when we play them?

Barrie Mckay,Atkinson, Haring & Boyce are all hoofing cloggers right enough.

Muppets!

Them playing flair football while we play hoofball is their comfort blanket when things are bad. Except unlike our supposed comfort blanket, the 5-1 game, theirs is all in their imagination.

On top of that Rocky and Porteous are two of the most industrial, hammer throwing, hoof merchants in the league.

Edited by ToqueJambo

FarmerTweedy
4 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

The other teams have a rest week next weekend.  A couple of Hibs players got knocks yesterday. We then, possibly smash their confidence to he'll and back, could be the start of a big slide. One of the few which Mallone can most definitely get on.

:rofl:

1 hour ago, Amoruso_lets_it_run said:

My Dad, Uncle and Grandad were there that day and still get their Hibs fan mates bringing it up like it is relevant. But fact it is that it happened so long ago it is increasingly more obscure. If we want to go right back through the history books we have the 2-10 from 1893 as the biggest every derby win...not that we even bother to mention it much. They all know that in the past 50 years they have very little to cling on to so they can keep bleating on about 7-0

I take great pleasure in reminding them that all they won that day was 2points, on the other hand our 5-1 victory gave us the Scottish Cup, I know which one I'd prefer....😁

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Amoruso_lets_it_run said:

I can look back at the 0-7 game and laugh at how badly hungover the Hearts players were. Those that weren't hungover were still three sheets to the wind.

Captain Slog
Just now, Captain Slog said:

I don't understand why they bleat 7 nil, is less than ten two

Are they celebrating second best and we own them?

Captain Slog
1 minute ago, I P Knightley said:

I can look back at the 0-7 game and laugh at how badly hungover the Hearts players were. Those that weren't hungover were still three sheets to the wind.

I had many pints with the sadly gone Alan Anderson, and yes, he was very hungover that game from his accounts.

Bazzas right boot
23 minutes ago, Morgan said:

They've got a 'Relegation' thread.

:rofl:

As they should do. 

St Johnstone beat them and they will have an issue. 

On the other hand, all they need to do is win 1 game....... 

I always laugh at this "we have a young team" excuse. We have Simms and Cochrane both 21, Sibbick And Atkinson both 22, Beni and Devlin 23 all who come in and pretty much nail down first team spaces. You can have a young team but if the players are shite, don't blame the age of them. Their saviour Porto is 23 but because they see him as decent, his age isn't brought into it. Bring on Saturday, can't wait to pump them at Hampden again

Screenshot_2022-04-10-17-54-29-48_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, Jamie86 said:

I always laugh at this "we have a young team" excuse. We have Simms and Cochrane both 21, Sibbick And Atkinson both 22, Beni and Devlin 23 all who come in and pretty much nail down first team spaces. You can have a young team but if the players are shite, don't blame the age of them. Their saviour Porto is 23 but because they see him as decent, his age isn't brought into it. Bring on Saturday, can't wait to pump them at Hampden again

Screenshot_2022-04-10-17-54-29-48_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

It's been obvious for a while they've been signing too many lower league/smaller team players and young players when what they need is more Gordon/Haring/Boyce/Halliday types. How their two most senior players Stevenson and Hanlon have lasted so long, surviving so many manager changes and a lot of very bad seasons, is beyond me. We'd have binned them both years ago.

Edited by ToqueJambo

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It's been obvious for a while they've been signing too many lower league/smaller team players and young players when what they need is more Gordon/Haring/Boyce/Halliday types. How their two most senior players Stevenson and Hanlon have lasted so long, surviving so many manager changes and a lot of very bad seasons, is beyond me. We'd have binned them both years ago.

Add McGregor to that list they keep wheeling him out every time their younger huddies get injured or suspended and he invariably puts in a cart horse of a performance 

9 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

They are probably still better than what they bring in, even at the age they are so difficult for hibs to let them go if there's such a big drop off in "quality". 

Jambo-Jimbo
2 hours ago, XB52 said:

My first derby, not the 0-7 but the 4-1 game next time out.

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

In with you on this. It’s the very reason so many old lags were disappointed we didn’t keep piling it on in the 2012 final. 4-1 up with 40 minutes to go against 10 men. It should have been then.

Edited by JimmyCant

2012 We cheated apparently. Cheated our way to the cup I tell thee!!

Cheated by fielding players we couldn’t afford!!!

Had this debate with many a Hobit over the years. I simply listed our starting 11 and subs and asked “which player on this list couldn’t we afford”?

Silence.

And this is why they are where they are now. They have invested so much time effort and thought processes caring too much about…..

our players,

how much we pay them,

how old they are,

what club they came from,

Our main stand

How much it cost

Who designed it

Who built it

Wether or not you can see the Castle or not from it

Wether the escalators work or not

What we are doing with the empty space

Our playing surface

What we do with it to make more money out of it

Listening to and believing Sergey 

Listening to and believing Green Ginger

Creating fake accounts on here

The list is endless.

Any Hobo reading this please for the love of god take this as quality advice.

Support your club. 

Dont rip it off by buying a cheap season tickets just because you can.

Stop stealing I Pads at charity events.

Concentrate all your efforts on your manager, your team and what is going on at Easter Road because quite honestly it appears to be a complete shit show.

And thee most important thing.

Concentrate on your shitey wee club more because whilst you have being doing all of the above we are now miles ahead of you.

****ing miles and we are only going further and further ahead.

See you at Hampden ya ****ing mutants. 

2 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Had this debate with many a Hobit over the years. I simply listed our starting 11 and subs and asked “which player on this list couldn’t we afford”?

Silence.

And this is why they are where they are now. They have invested so much time effort and thought processes caring too much about…..

our players,

how much we pay them,

how old they are,

Our main stand

How much it cost

Who designed it

Who built it

Our playing surface

The list is endless.

Support your club. 

Concentrate all your efforts on your manager, your team and what is going on at Easter Road because quite honestly it appears to be a complete shit show.

Concentrate on your shitey wee club more because whilst you have being doing all of the above we are now miles ahead of you.

B596FEF4-E128-451A-B1A5-5816EC28ACA8.gif.e014b7cad637f9340845497e4a7b4b58.gif

47 minutes ago, andi17 said:

I still want 8 mate

The only think that slightly irked me about the 2012 final is we should have put 7/8 past them that day.

Just now, briever said:

The only think that slightly irked me about the 2012 final is we should have put 7/8 past them that day.

Agreed i was at the 7-0 and i know it has been well avenged but know what let's call it personal lol

12 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Silence.

our players,

how much we pay them,

how old they are,

Our main stand

How much it cost

Who designed it

Who built it

Our playing surface

The list is endless.

Support your club. 

possibly the best thing I’ve read. Tear in the eye stuff. Take a bow, it’s all so true. 

15 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Silence.

our players,

how much we pay them,

how old they are,

Our main stand

How much it cost

Who designed it

Who built it

Our playing surface

The list is endless.

Support your club. 

Absolutely tremendous.  :clap:

Jamstomorrow
18 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Screenshot_20220410-003252_Chrome.thumb.jpg.19063fa7a5769b2fd3b3a6affb356657.jpg

Never mind Libby hen, I am sure your brother came to your room later and consoled you.  ;)

Fitzroy Pointon
27 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Silence.

our players,

how much we pay them,

how old they are,

Our main stand

How much it cost

Who designed it

Who built it

Our playing surface

The list is endless.

Support your club. 

giphy.gif.a9eee097857cb24a0190b1298c895aad.gif

3 hours ago, XB52 said:

The only people that care about us losing a league game 49 years ago are hibs fans (not accusing you of being one). 

Not true. It doesn't pray on my mind or upset me or anything, but I too would like to see us put 8 past them before I pop my clogs.

Better call Saul
5 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Seeing how bad their players actually are, the best player employed by hibs at the moment is probably Shaun Maloney!  He's surely still better at playing than he is at managing anyway!

Ha ha 

JudyJudyJudy
8 hours ago, Australis said:

It's hit home to one of them at least.

The problem is that yesterday was a training game for Hearts. It was absolutely massive for us. If they'd lost they'd have shrugged their shoulders and pointed to the huge points gap between them and 4th. All I feel is even more worried about next week when Hearts actually have something to play for other than pride. They now smell blood. Yesterday was a chance to show them and us that we weren't pushovers. We failed miserably.

He / she made a good point. We didnt really have anything to play for as such. apart from winning the Derby . However we def do next week.  Incentive is to get to the SC final.  HIbs should be shitting themselves. 

5 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Not true. It doesn't pray on my mind or upset me or anything, but I too would like to see us put 8 past them before I pop my clogs.

We roasted them 5-1 in a final that was widely understood to end the bragging rights for years if not forever. 

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Des Lynam said:

We roasted them 5-1 in a final that was widely understood to end the bragging rights for years if not forever. 

Yes, IN  a final and at the home of Scottish football. Cant get any better than that really.  And it was a lovely sunny day too :) 

JudyJudyJudy
10 hours ago, chubby1973 said:

They've also already decided they'd prefer to meet rangers in the final and I don't mean if, they get through. Its already been decided they've won next Saturday and it's rangers they want to play.

Now, I understand optimism in football, and yesterday and next week will be 2 different games, but this mob really just never learn.

Arrogant fuds

9 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Screenshot_20220410-103934.thumb.png.037f72f3d15d774fe6bb917f0ac41bdd.png

Vermin !!

Trash really

2 hours ago, Captain Slog said:

I don't understand why they bleat 7 nil, is less than ten two

The 10-2 was a friendly IIRC but 5-1 in a cup final absolutely wiped out a 7-0 league game IMO

1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

Silence.

our players,

how much we pay them,

how old they are,

Our main stand

How much it cost

Who designed it

Who built it

Our playing surface

The list is endless.

Support your club. 

Hang this is the louvre 

It's pure art

1 hour ago, briever said:

True, but I think Paulo got us to lay off them at 4-1 perhaps not being aware of the 7-0 game and the significance of avenging that.

I remember a few years ago Real Madrid hammering an opponent 10-2 and the opposing manager complaining that Madrid had humiliated them as they were reduced to 9 men while 4-0 down.

It appears that there is an unspoken rule in Spain that in the scenario when you are well ahead against a team that has been reduced in numbers, you don't try to humiliate them, just see the game out and presumably the opponents will also just play the game out and accept the defeat.

Maybe that mindset also applies in Portugal, hence Paulo deciding not to humiliate Hibs when the game was already over as a contest and Hibs were down to 10 men.

All just speculation on my part, but what I do know is that if JJ had been manager that day and we were 4-1 up against a 10 man Hibs with 40 minutes to play, he'd have been bringing off a defender for a striker and going for the jugular.  He played in the 7-0 defeat, so this would have been his chance for redemption.

I have a feeling Saturday could be a big score line. 

That was us playing quite a conservative shape and not really giving much of a ****. We also just played keep-ball for the last half an hour. I’d also say that’s about as good as Hibs could muster. 

A couple of tweaks with formation and personnel and we should be absolutely hammering that rabble.

2 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Silence.

our players,

how much we pay them,

how old they are,

Our main stand

How much it cost

Who designed it

Who built it

Our playing surface

The list is endless.

Support your club. 

What they also fail to mention whilst making excuses for 2012 is that when they finally got promoted  from the 2nd tier, they spent more than any other club in that division and ran at a loss. Financial doping I think the phrase is.

2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

In with you on this. It’s the very reason so many old lags were disappointed we didn’t keep piling it on in the 2012 final. 4-1 up with 40 minutes to go against 10 men. It should have been then.

👍👍If you didn’t experience 1973 you haven’t got a clue as to what it felt like. And the feeling has never completely gone away. 

8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

👍👍If you didn’t experience 1973 you haven’t got a clue as to what it felt like. And the feeling has never completely gone away. 

I was mid teens at the time in a Mostly Hibs extended family. It was fecking  traumatic. I still replay it in my head from time to time, not so much the game itself, just how absolutely shite it felt. Same with Dens, but Dens was worse IMO