*****Dundee United v Heart Of Midlothian Official Match Thread *****

cookieboy

I've started the last two and we haven't conceded so here goes. Same starting line up as last night please Robbie. 2 nil again for the JT's . Simms and GMS to score 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• neilnunb

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Geoff Kilpatrick

upgotheheads
37 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

I've started the last two and we haven't conceded so here goes. Same starting line up as last night please Robbie. 2 nil again for the JT's . Simms and GMS to score 

You're on the job until we lose then.

Dundee united are a team that let the opposition play football so I would expect a decent game.  Think we will edge this 2-1

LochcarronJambo

Dundee Utd were really good at home to rangers last week & will be a really tough game for us, but last couple games we have played well & scoring again…. Just hope we start again like we did last nite, intensity & pressing was spot on & set the tone for the match, same again Saturday please 

8 minutes ago, LochcarronJambo said:

Dundee Utd were really good at home to rangers last week & will be a really tough game for us, but last couple games we have played well & scoring again…. Just hope we start again like we did last nite, intensity & pressing was spot on & set the tone for the match, same again Saturday please 

I thought they were fortunate not to get beat (albeit) but for some superb defending , poor finishing from sevco and some fortune.

they do attempt to play football though unlike hibs etc so fully expect an open exciting game. Have a feeling it could be a score draw but obviously a win would be superb. No reason why we cant beat them if the team turns up like it did at Paisley.

1-1 or 1-2

Kidd’s Boots

9 points this week would be a terrific return, and a lot more realistic than it was this time last week…

Get it done!!

Think we’re going through a bit of a resurgence following our horrible blip. Confidence on the up,  intensity has been much improved and Robbie is hopefully moving away from 3 5 2.    Tight game but going 1-2.   Would all but wrap up 3rd if we can do it.  

Ex member of the SaS

There are no easy games and this one is no different, they will battle and fight so we have to be on our game. Play like the last two games and we should win by a couple. As stated above they took the game to Sevco so I would not be over confidant, just have to hope Boyce and Simms have their shooting boots polished.

In the last five games  D W D D L 

Edited by Ex member of the SaS

25 minutes ago, Barack said:

My learned fellow posters set me straight. 

:lol:

0-4's away from home. Halcyon times. 

ever the optimist. 😂

0-2 Hearts.

Gordon

Atkinson Halkett Souttar Kingsley

Devlin Beni

McKay Boyce GMS

Simms

Dislike putting GMS in the team, but he's better that than the other choices and Ginos pace might be needed later on. 

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

0-2 Hearts.

Gordon

Atkinson Halkett Souttar Kingsley

Devlin Beni

McKay Boyce GMS

Simms

Dislike putting GMS in the team, but he's better that than the other choices and Ginos pace might be needed later on. 

Aye. Think it’s a case of leaving things as they are just now, and why not?

Sometimes being the genius is actually trying not to be one…

1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

Pretty much, if it aint broke don't fix it. 

The players looked comfortable and confident against Aberdeen. There was good creativity going forward and Simms and Boyce were getting on the end of attacks. 

It was good viewing. 

Japan Jambo
4 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

You're on the job until we lose then.

Yup, then we want his head on a spike. Until then well done cookie.

2-1 Hearts.

Ex member of the SaS
20 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

This has also been one of Robbies problems , he chops and changes the team, The bigot clubs have a settled team and they get to know what a team mate will do under certain circumstances. Yes we need to rotate to give fringe players game time, but they can be used as subs when winning

Keeping a winning team together is half the battle.

I reckon another 6 or 7 points and we are done and dusted for 3rd.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, LochcarronJambo said:

Where they?

They got over ran, conceded the territory and just defended  for their life.

Ranger being poor  in front of goal saved them from a hiding.

IMO We were much better at home v Rangers in the 0-2 defeat.

Gonna go for 1-1 or 0-4 us.

Barry to score his first goal.....

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

This has also been one of Robbies problems , he chops and changes the team, The bigot clubs have a settled team and they get to know what a team mate will do under certain circumstances. Yes we need to rotate to give fringe players game time, but they can be used as subs when winning

Keeping a winning team together is half the battle.

Bigot clubs have better therefor generally fitter, better and more consistent players. This also helps them keep a settled team. They don't just pick a team because it's the same.

Pretty sure folk including yourself have not only been calling for personal changes but also formation changes 

Yet you are on here saying -"This has also been one of Robbies problems , he chops and changes the team,"

It's stuff like this you cannot make up. Probably multiple posts from you asking for changes  then you come out with this shite.

Fair doos tho, no matter what you will manage to get a dig in at Bob somehow, it is quite skill.

6 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

3pts on Saturday and 3rd place nailed on 2-1 Hearts

Are you going up?  Always enjoyed games up there.

I reckon the 3rd game in a week, Robbie will make some changes if we have tired legs. 

Possibly Smith Haring and Ginelly to come in 

2-2 in an entertaining game

Simms and Halkett with the goals

4 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

I reckon the 3rd game in a week, Robbie will make some changes if we have tired legs. 

Possibly Smith Haring and Ginelly to come in 

2-2 in an entertaining game

Simms and Halkett with the goals

Smith is out for a while yet mate 

The upside to us losing is that it would be terrible news for our neighbours, especially if they fail to beat St J.

Every cloud etc.

Feeling confident but we need the strikers to take their chances. 

Rick Sanchez

Boyce was decent in the 10 and I've always said he should be playing there instead of dropping back looking for the ball. Simms has no interest in being anywhere other than up top. It bodes well.

Our points cushion will and should give us a chance to experiment after the split.

Gordon

Atkinson

Souttar

Halkett

Kingsley

Haring

Devlin

Ginnelly

Boyce

McKay

Simms

5 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Boyce was decent in the 10 and I've always said he should be playing there instead of dropping back looking for the ball. Simms has no interest in being anywhere other than up top. It bodes well.

Our points cushion will and should give us a chance to experiment after the split.

Gordon

Atkinson

Souttar

Halkett

Kingsley

Haring

Devlin

Ginnelly

Boyce

McKay

Simms

No Beni? 

Is he out ? Because he’s played brilliantly the last two games 

SomethingAboutObua

Would like to see McEneff or McKay in for Boyce or Simms at 10. I like Boyce but this shoehorning a player in out of position when we have more capable replacements drives me mad. Exoect Boyce will start at 10 of course.

Would like to see -

Gordon

Atkinson

Souttar

Halkett

Kingsley

Haring

Devlin

Ginnelly

McEneff / McKay

McKay   / GMS

Simms   / Boyce

Rick Sanchez
14 minutes ago, King prawn said:

No Beni? 

Is he out ? Because he’s played brilliantly the last two games 

He has, just a personal opinion that Haring is quicker hitting a forward pass, which will be needed IMO.

No Idle Talk

Two of our best performances this season have come against Dundee Utd so I am really looking forward to this game.

0-1 Boyce. 

Same team unless Atkinson has done his ankle then maybe Sibbick.  

Possibly might rotate GMS for Ginnelly but I think GMS done well enough linking up to get another start. 

Watt-Zeefuik

Run it back. Same lineup.

Doesn't matter in the end but I'd love to finish closer to 2nd than to 4th. Statement of intent.

LochcarronJambo
37 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

He has, just a personal opinion that Haring is quicker hitting a forward pass, which will be needed IMO.

Sorry but no way should we leave out Beni for Haring