*****Dundee United v Heart Of Midlothian Official Match Thread *****

cookieboy

8 hours ago, jamborich said:

You don’t sound like a doc to me

Why’s that? I specifically said I would never wish injury on any player.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• neilnunb

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Geoff Kilpatrick

I would think if 3rd is locked up, our Robbie will be very cavalier when we take on the OF.  Taking points off them wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Can we beat them in the cup however.  That's a bigger question.  Rangers have never won it as we know.  They will be desperate.

May not happen of course but if we beat St M we are almost certain to come up against at least one of them.

Bring them on.

55 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I would think if 3rd is locked up, our Robbie will be very cavalier when we take on the OF.  Taking points off them wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Can we beat them in the cup however.  That's a bigger question.  Rangers have never won it as we know.  They will be desperate.

May not happen of course but if we beat St M we are almost certain to come up against at least one of them.

Bring them on.

I'm hoping for Motherwell. 😉

18 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I'm hoping for Motherwell. 😉

Motherwell in the semi and Dundee United in the final would be superb.

7 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Put it this way then. 8 games left and someone is going to have to get 5 more wins than us to catch us. plus we’ll be playing at 6 games against those who need to do it. It’s just no happenin man 👨 

Exact mate. It's been sealed for weeks, even when we lost to the 2 bottom 2 recently. Loads of people queuing up to panic, some saying we will get 5th max 🤣 honestly folk like that need to start on the xanax 

13 hours ago, Exile fae Main Street said:

So what is the deal with European qualification? BBC says 3rd place only puts you in Conference qualifying, and SC winners only Europa League qualifying ...thought finishing 3rd put us straight into EL( barring SC scenario) ?

I have not read the whole so someone may have answered this already but who ever wins the Scottish Cup gets a Europa League final play off spot and if they lose that then thy go straight in to the conference group stages. If a team that is already in the Champions League qualifiers or groups win the Scottish Cup then the place goes to third. 

LarrysRightFoot

Watched the highlights there.

Simms touch over the defender 1st was superb but lacked a bit of composure with the finish. 

Halketts determination to win the header for his goal says everything about him. 

Ex member of the SaS

What I don't understand is why defenders and mids don't tackle players pushing forward. They run ahead or beside and allow them to get to the edge of the box or make a telling pass. This is not just us but virtually every team does this. Get a tackle in and stop the advance or at least delay it.

Berra than you
39 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Watched the highlights there.

Simms touch over the defender 1st was superb but lacked a bit of composure with the finish. 

Halketts determination to win the header for his goal says everything about him. 

Saw a stat today that his last 9 goals for us have been last 15 minutes, 5 of them equalisers and 2 of them winners. Loves to pull us out of a poor result.

Good to see us come from a goal down ,for long periods after they scored the penalty it looked unlikely. Good chances for Halkett, Haring and Simms before the equaliser so a deserved draw with a bit of luck we could have nicked a 3-2 victory. Never seen as many injuries in a single game so good result in the circumstances,  our starting eleven would have won comfortably,  I think.

Rogue Daddy
16 hours ago, RobNox said:

I love it when a plan comes together 😄

Untitled.png

👏👏👏👏😂😂😂…. Don’t know how nobody else say that coming! Well played sir!

Edited by Rogue Daddy

LochcarronJambo
10 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Good to see us come from a goal down ,for long periods after they scored the penalty it looked unlikely. Good chances for Halkett, Haring and Simms before the equaliser so a deserved draw with a bit of luck we could have nicked a 3-2 victory. Never seen as many injuries in a single game so good result in the circumstances,  our starting eleven would have won comfortably,  I think.

Agree with this, we were so superior to DU in the first half the cigar was out, but the injuries disrupted us…. Even with the injuries I was scratching my head when DU went ahead it was hard to believe, we totally deserved the equaliser & should/could have won it in the end, settled for draw but if that had been suggested after half an hour, would have scoffed at it….. thought our attitude was excellent & Halkett was again proving his worth

2 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

What I don't understand is why defenders and mids don't tackle players pushing forward. They run ahead or beside and allow them to get to the edge of the box or make a telling pass. This is not just us but virtually every team does this. Get a tackle in and stop the advance or at least delay it.

Agree.  You can see a shot on goal or a defence splitting pass coming and it's just allowed, as we're shouting "tackle, tackle".

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

Agree.  You can see a shot on goal or a defence splitting pass coming and it's just allowed, as we're shouting "tackle, tackle".

Modern football is becoming a non contact sport where tackling is frowned upon so players just stand off. 

Given the circumstances it’s a great point.

3rd place could well be sealed v Hibs…..it would be pleasing to send them to the Bottom 6 league and qualifying for Europe at the same time.

2 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

👏👏👏👏😂😂😂…. Don’t know how nobody else say that coming! Well played sir!

I wish I'd thought of it sooner, 5 of their last 9 league games have finished 0-0 including their last 3.

Bazzas right boot
50 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

3rd place could well be sealed v Hibs…..it would be pleasing to send them to the Bottom 6 league and qualifying for Europe at the same time.

We could end hibs top 6 hopes and end rangers title hopes at Tynecastle. 

Fun days ahead. 

14 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Aberdeen was the best game I've watched in a long time, were it looked like we had large spells of dominance in the game. 

We need to start dominating games more. 

Great start to the game, which is an improvement as we are usually slow out the blocks. 

Slightly disappointed we didn't score more and win. 

Dundee United had a few player's out. 

We've started our last 3 games really well, which has been great to see. One of my main/only complaints has been us not coming out the traps.

Tbf to Robbie, he rectifies issues in our game. He's done it all along, when you think of it. To me that says the players react to his words which is good.

We still have something of a work in progress feel to us but the attitude is spot on and we're only gona get better imo. Big summer ahead.

Wee concern if Cam and Souttar are out. 2 big players for us (tho we need to get used to missing the latter)

52 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Especially when it looks like we'll end up increasing the gap to 4th place by a point.

Batistuta87
12 hours ago, OTT said:

If 3rd place is looking like sewn up, it might be a good opportunity to bring in some academy lads and give players like Sibbick and McEneff the chance to show what they can do. 

I know Sibbick hasn't been great, but I think him and Souttar are kinda alike, i.e Sibbick has been brought in to replace him to some extent, whereas like Souttar he'd probably compliment Halkett fairly well. Maybe see if there is anyone in the youth side that can be bumped up to give a debut to (thinking Flatmann, Kirk etc). Would be good to see some youngsters get their debuts. 

It's not that sewn up. We do not take our foot off the gas until it's mathematically confirmed that we'll finish third. Then, and only then, do we consider testing some of the young lads. 

Chillidigits
4 hours ago, LochcarronJambo said:

Agree with this, we were so superior to DU in the first half the cigar was out, but the injuries disrupted us…. Even with the injuries I was scratching my head when DU went ahead it was hard to believe, we totally deserved the equaliser & should/could have won it in the end, settled for draw but if that had been suggested after half an hour, would have scoffed at it….. thought our attitude was excellent & Halkett was again proving his worth

Yep. And although the game will be remembered for all the injuries I hope we never forget how we started the match. What a breath of fresh air it was to see us come out of the traps all guns blazing. More of that please.

LochcarronJambo
19 minutes ago, Chillidigits said:

Yep. And although the game will be remembered for all the injuries I hope we never forget how we started the match. What a breath of fresh air it was to see us come out of the traps all guns blazing. More of that please.

This is spot on, the desire & intensity was blowing DU away...until the injuries disrupted us

Watt-Zeefuik
19 hours ago, OTT said:

If 3rd place is looking like sewn up, it might be a good opportunity to bring in some academy lads and give players like Sibbick and McEneff the chance to show what they can do. 

I know Sibbick hasn't been great, but I think him and Souttar are kinda alike, i.e Sibbick has been brought in to replace him to some extent, whereas like Souttar he'd probably compliment Halkett fairly well. Maybe see if there is anyone in the youth side that can be bumped up to give a debut to (thinking Flatmann, Kirk etc). Would be good to see some youngsters get their debuts.

To me Sibbick is a lot like Souttar when he first came to Hearts. United fans were tired of him because he was mistake prone but his potential was outstanding.

If Sibbick trains hard, matures, and listens to coaching, he could definitely be the player Souttar is now in 3 years, which is exciting.

Mr Elwood P
On 05/03/2022 at 18:05, RobNox said:

I love it when a plan comes together 😄

Untitled.png

Brilliant bet. I always go 'no goalscorer' instead of 0-0 so you're covered for for a 1-0 with an OG ...

3 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

To me Sibbick is a lot like Souttar when he first came to Hearts. United fans were tired of him because he was mistake prone but his potential was outstanding.

If Sibbick trains hard, matures, and listens to coaching, he could definitely be the player Souttar is now in 3 years, which is exciting.

What about next season?

Watt-Zeefuik
2 hours ago, Sherbet said:

What about next season?

It depends on his growth, but I think he can be a starter for us next season if he has a good summer of training and really focuses.

He won't be Souttar's level which isn't saying much as Souttar has been playing at an elite level for us this season.

Must have accidentally switched the 'follow topic' tab on for this thread...bloody email had hundreds of notifications 🤦‍♂️

Brilliant first half but the second was brutal. Was still explaining which goal we were aiming for to my seven-year-old when Boycie pinged in the first. We really needed to score another couple in the first half with the relentless pressure we had on them. But hey, the pandemonium in the Shed for the equaliser was worth the entry fee.