Aberdeen FC, a thank you.

Martin_T

Would just like to thank Aberdeen for their decade of consistent European qualification, achieving some decent results, building the coefficient whilst never making the group stage....to allow Hearts to have a very strong chance of guaranteed group stage participation, in the first year that the coefficient is sufficiently high to bring that, whilst the Dons miss out 😘

Steamin un....

*No doubt Hearts being Hearts we'll contrive to not qualify at all now, but may as well enjoy the moment!

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• IveSeenTheLight

• Mikey1874

• GinRummy

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

Ironic isn't it - we aren't playing well and may in reality have flattered to deceive this season but everyone else is absolutely guff - Aberdeen, Hibs.

Can't be many days left for Glass now?

Where is our wee resident sheep ?  Disappeared when he was all over every thread. 
We may be shit but there’s always Aberdeen and hibs to cheer us up

Just now, 1971fozzy said:

Where is our wee resident sheep ?  Disappeared when he was all over every thread. 
We may be shit but there’s always Aberdeen and hibs to cheer us up

Had his coat cut and now lacks wool over his eyes. 

3 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Willie (the chippie) Miller was almost greetin last night.

Another so called pundit who always likes to have sly dig at HMFC, the mans a complete and utter pr!ck.

jamboinglasgow

I do find it mad that Aberdeen were handed the best opportunity around to develop and kick on to the next level. All their rivals had either faced financial issues or got relegated or both. No other team the Premiership came close to their budget (except obviously Celtic.) They pretty much guaranteed a shot at  Europe each season. This should have meant they got into the group stages of Europa League and got more money to build them further and meant that their rivals could not catch them.

They did get 2nd or 3rd for most seasons, but Aberdeen are no different from 2013 (and have probably gone backwards.) They were useless in Europe and their team did not really develop under McInnes, their recruitment was mostly poor. McInnes was good at doing enough in the league to get top three which they are missing now but the failures of those years are hitting them hard now.

And may I say I am enjoying it.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

Christ I thought our support was bad at getting on players backs lol their something else 😆 😂 😅 hahaha glorious! Long may their shite form continue.

kingantti1874

A small team with expectations beyond their level. Average home support of about 9000 yet they expect to be dominant in 3rd.

they sacked Mcinnes who was their best manager since Alex Ferguson and Alex Smith becuase they believe they were entitled to something they aren’t capable off..

should be a lesson

part_time_jambo
55 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Imagine having to walk up the stand steps with that  lot😂😂

Why are they walking up the stand steps? Is it a covid thing, or just crap stadium design?

Geoff Kilpatrick

I must say that I did chortle at their exit after we went through. It is beautiful seeing them regress to Skovdahl type performances. The sheep interloper who came on here also seems to have disappeared which is a double bonus.

August Landmesser
33 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I do find it mad that Aberdeen were handed the best opportunity around to develop and kick on to the next level. All their rivals had either faced financial issues or got relegated or both. No other team the Premiership came close to their budget (except obviously Celtic.) They pretty much guaranteed a shot at  Europe each season. This should have meant they got into the group stages of Europa League and got more money to build them further and meant that their rivals could not catch them.

They did get 2nd or 3rd for most seasons, but Aberdeen are no different from 2013 (and have probably gone backwards.) They were useless in Europe and their team did not really develop under McInnes, their recruitment was mostly poor. McInnes was good at doing enough in the league to get top three which they are missing now but the failures of those years are hitting them hard now.

Added to that, they've made an absolute balls of sorting their infrastructure out, so at some point in the near future they will have to find 30-50m for a new stadium.

A 6000 seater oughta do it.

August Landmesser
6 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

Why are they walking up the stand steps? Is it a covid thing, or just crap stadium design?

Covid. Away team dressing room is in the away stand at Motherwell.

1 minute ago, August Landmesser said:

Added to that, they've made an absolute balls of sorting their infrastructure out, so at some point in the near future they will have to find 30-50m for a new stadium.

A 6000 seater oughta do it.

Maybe Inverness could return the favour and let them groundshare 😆

5 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

It's separate dressing rooms because of Covid regulations. 

Home team in the main stand at Fir Park and away team has a dressing room behind the sectioned off bit in the away stand. 

Our players had a similar walk of shame after a dreadful performance there back in November. 

Difference is most of our fans had ****ed of home by the time the game finished. 😕

part_time_jambo
1 minute ago, August Landmesser said:

Covid. Away team dressing room is in the away stand at Motherwell.

Thanks. Hope they take care. Wouldn't like Scott Brown to slip and injure himself before the game starts.

4 minutes ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

Maybe Inverness could return the favour and let them groundshare 😆

They could relocate altogether to West Lothian or Lanarkshire.  Would suit their huge central Scotland support. They’d be like the LA Dodgers. 

Edited by GinRummy

part_time_jambo
1 minute ago, luckydug said:

It's separate dressing rooms because of Covid regulations. 

Home team in the main stand at Fir Park and away team has a dressing room behind the sectioned off bit in the away stand. 

Our players had a similar walk of shame after a dreadful performance there back in November. 

Difference is most of our fans had ****ed of home by the time the game finished. 😕

Maybe this is the real reason they restricted attendance to 9999 - so the supporters can't get anywhere near them.

A_A wehatethehibs

It’s far far more been Rangers that have done the job on the coefficient IMO

But nevertheless, comedy stuff that video, why are the players walking up a stand like that right next to a seething away support ?? 😂 what a tin pot ground, hard to believe that’s a professional club. Another day, another tin pot scene in Scottish football 

7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

A small team with expectations beyond their level. Average home support of about 9000 yet they expect to be dominant in 3rd.

they sacked Mcinnes who was their best manager since Alex Ferguson and Alex Smith becuase they believe they were entitled to something they aren’t capable off..

should be a lesson

Who would be a manager eh ? Your quite right Mcinnes was probably one of their best managers in a long time I know it’s off topic but I think it’s similar to jack Ross’s situation got the wee team to 3rd place finish and if it wasn’t for us and st Johnstone the would have been in 3 major cup finals in a short space of time . Management is so fickle 

With oil and gas on the slide, even the seagulls will be looking at flitting.

The town and club are on such a downward trajectory, they'll soon be seeing the likes of Dunfermline and Raith as their contemporaries.

Delightful  stuff.

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

With oil and gas on the slide, even the seagulls will be looking at flitting.

The town and club are on such a downward trajectory, they'll soon be seeing the likes of Dunfermline and Raith as their contemporaries.

Delightful  stuff.

yep.  A point I’ve been making for a while. Aberdeen wasn’t a thing before the oil boom.. the oil boom is over and that city is on a steep decline.

I take no pleasure in that.. but it’s true

24 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Going to have to find that now. 

I had to leave after 95 minutes last night due to family commitments and he was on Sportsound, TBF he was saying the better team won, but the sadness in his voice for the looming demise of Glass was music to my ears.

8 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

I had to leave after 95 minutes last night due to family commitments and he was on Sportsound, TBF he was saying the better team won, but the sadness in his voice for the looming demise of Glass was music to my ears.

Just a couple of months ago he was inviting bets from his Sportsound buddies that Aberdeen would finish above us. Now 9th and out the cup. His bitter tears are more delicious than fish and chips at the seaside. 

Салатные палочки
30 minutes ago, 151 said:

Couldn't happen to a better set of "supporters".

Can't stand them.

This. Hate them. 

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
1 hour ago, Queensland Jambo said:

Ironic isn't it - we aren't playing well and may in reality have flattered to deceive this season but everyone else is absolutely guff - Aberdeen, Hibs.

Can't be many days left for Glass now?

Less than an hour!

1 hour ago, Martin_T said:

Would just like to thank Aberdeen for their decade of consistent European qualification, achieving some decent results, building the coefficient whilst never making the group stage....to allow Hearts to have a very strong chance of guaranteed group stage participation, in the first year that the coefficient is sufficiently high to bring that, whilst the Dons miss out 😘

Steamin un....

*No doubt Hearts being Hearts we'll contrive to not qualify at all now, but may as well enjoy the moment!

external-content.duckduckgo_com.gif.468974f4d8d72e68388f70b5e2bde092.gif

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

This in spades, they got about 3/4 years of free hits at a European place while us, Rangers & Hibs were in crisis but for a while couldn’t separate themselves from even Motherwell & Dundee Utd never mind truly challenge Celtic (& unlike the current one that Celtic team really was beatable or at least challengeable). One league cup in 2014 all they have to show for it, didn’t even manage to get into Europa League group stages once & now have gone backwards. The chance to really get up there at the top table with the OF has passed them by & they’re back to just making up the numbers where they’ll remain forever.