Aberdeen FC, a thank you.

Martin_T

7 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

These c *** s & the vermin, both in the bottom 6 & miles behind us in every aspect.

ย 

Truly majestic days weโ€™re currently living in people. Simply beautiful.ย :wub:

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• IveSeenTheLight

• Mikey1874

• GinRummy

Nelly Terraces
8 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Finish above us!ย 
ย 

:rofl:ย 

ย 

The aberdonian must be on another holiday ๐Ÿคฃ

ย 

ย 

Yeah, just where is that prick when you need him on here.

ย 

โ€Finish above Hearts.โ€ Jeezuz wept.ย :cornette:

McGlynn The Money
10 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

Not heard from our resident mutton molester "IveSeenTheShyte" for a while now. It has all gone very quiet.

ย 

Was just thinking the same. Nothing against the guy apart from the fact that he's an annoying *****.

Wonder how the 'let's all laugh at Hearts' thread on afc chat is going these days?

ย 

๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Was up in Aberdeenshire last week and spoke to a couple of them in the pub and itโ€™s pretty obvious that they are living in some sort of parallel universe. Their sense of entitlement is hilarious. ย They even still cling onto the myth that they are the third best supported club in Scotland ย and that they are the natural third force in the game here. Theyโ€™ve even started to gripe about their managerial appointment. โ€œWe can do better than thatโ€ ย being the โ€œinโ€ phrase with them just now. Expect complete apoplexy when they drop into the playoff place. ย Fingers crossed.

Can't remember the exact date but Willie Miller on Sportsound was willing to bet with Steven Thompson that even when 10 points behind in the league, Aberdeen could still catch Hearts.

It's now 21 points and 6 places in the league.

Rory Mcilroy

They had a purple patch that was all down to us, Rangers and Hibs being out of the top flight. Normal service resumed now though.ย 

ย 

Bet the Bodo/Glimt manager regrets knocking them back ๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

Put that new stadium on hold as well lads, you're only going to need a couple of stands open at Pittodrie next season ๐Ÿ˜‚

14 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

A curious failureย 

ย 

Failed club under Dave Cormackย 

He's gone very quiet as well

Japan Jambo
1 hour ago, Boyces beard said:

Not heard from our resident mutton molester "IveSeenTheShyte" for a while now. It has all gone very quiet.

ย 

reckon it'll be a while, he tends to only appear when he has something to crow about or when they are playing us. tbf he does take some abuse when he does pop up.

1 hour ago, Costanza said:

Can't remember the exact date but Willie Miller on Sportsound was willing to bet with Steven Thompson that even when 10 points behind in the league, Aberdeen could still catch Hearts.

It's now 21 points and 6 places in the league.

Hopefully Steven Thompson treats him to a chippy.ย 

ย 

ย 

8 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

ย 

reckon it'll be a while, he tends to only appear when he has something to crow about or when they are playing us. tbf he does take some abuse when he does pop up.

ย 

:yas:

51 minutes ago, RobNox said:

ย 

Curious that, as he absolutely ****ing loves the sound of his own voice.ย 

ย 

ย 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Never mind, at least theyโ€™ve got their new stadium to look forward to.ย 

I see theyโ€™ve taken to making up gates as well ๐Ÿ˜†

Jambo na hร‰ireann
On 13/02/2022 at 08:52, Martin_T said:

Would just like to thank Aberdeen for their decade of consistent European qualification, achieving some decent results, building the coefficient whilst never making the group stage....to allow Hearts to have a very strong chance of guaranteed group stage participation, in the first year that the coefficient is sufficiently high to bring that, whilst the Dons miss out ๐Ÿ˜˜

ย 

Steamin un....

ย 

*No doubt Hearts being Hearts we'll contrive to not qualify at all now, but may as well enjoy the moment!

The boy in the middle of the screen who gets past the barrier, realises if he gets past the steward he'll be in a bit of a bother, so starts looking at his phone like his mum's just text to say his dad's dead.

5 hours ago, RobNox said:

probably the same person ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

4 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

ย 

As he should. Coming on a rival (thatโ€™s not the case any more granted) forum and all high and mighty. He was condescending and very weird. Now his club is facing a fight to stay out the playoffs , has a mental owner, plays in an absolute shitehole and unlikely to ever move from it, and has a support thatโ€™s disappearing (like Hibs) fast - heโ€™s never on the board.ย 
I actually think Ive seen the Light is Dave Cormack

Nelly Terraces

1. Got Scott Brown to play for them & they were delighted (though marvelously it all ended up in disaster, the odious wretch couldn't handle being pish & fecked off).

ย 

2. Jim Goodwin, a St Mingin loving prick, who was a thug on the pitch, as manager.

ย 

3. Willie Miller.

ย 

Just 3 reasons, as if there wasn't enough already,to detest these kants & for us to revel in their total demise both on & off the pitch. Enjoy the relegation battle you utter fecking melts.

ย 

GORGIE RULES.:wub:

ย 

ย 

jamboinglasgow

Aberdeen are an example of how to squander things all going your way into something bigger long term. With Hearts, Rangers and Hibs all collapsing from 2012 onwards, they had the perfect oppourtunity to cement themselves as the 2nd team in Scottish football (or at least be far ahead the 3rd best team when Rangers came back and far ahead of their rivals.) And they did get quite a few 2nd and 3rd place finishes. But they didn't grow to another level. McInnes managed to keep them doing just enough but their recruitment (particularly in the second half of his reign) was mixed, they never got past the qualification rounds and the speed which they have gone backwards since his left showed how hollow Aberdeen's position has been.

ย 

This is why, if we do get the play-off round for Europa League, that we must build from it and push to a higher level. In performances, attitude at the club and recruitment.

kirkierobroy

I am not a bettiing man but I wonder what odds, say, Mr Hill or Mr Coral would give me on the next Aberdeen team to qualify for Europe being Cove?

Aberdeen are one of those clubs that have no real rivalry because they haven't had a local derby to look forward to.ย 

ย 

It's looking a possibility that might change next season. :lol:

ย 

I wish their smug, arrogant, has-been fans nothing but pain supporting them over the next few decades.ย 

They had a perfect opportunity but blew it the last 6 years or so. Glorious. Now with Joe Savage and Robbie we recruit solidly now. If we get the ยฃ3-4 million from Europe we will recruit some amazing players no doubt and go even further ahead . Add in ยฃ100k+ a month with FOH contributions and itโ€™s very exciting.

whatโ€™s your opinion @IveSeenTheLight ??? Xx

Edited by 1971fozzy

13 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Aberdeen are one of those clubs that have no real rivalry because they haven't had a local derby to look forward to.ย 

ย 

ย 

I wish their smug, arrogant, has-been fans nothing but pain supporting them over the next few decades.ย 

stuck in 1983 ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ 40 years ago ffs they are stuck in a time warp. They are at a level with st Mirren, Dundee Utd and hibs now. A fact they hate and itโ€™s beautiful. I remember only too well the demotion season and these feks were laughing at us. Karma is beautifulย 

4 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

stuck in 1983 ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ 40 years ago ffs they are stuck in a time warp. They are at a level with st Mirren, Dundee Utd and hibs now. A fact they hate and itโ€™s beautiful. I remember only too well the demotion season and these feks were laughing at us. Karma is beautifulย 

๐Ÿ‘Œ

On 10/04/2022 at 17:33, indianajones said:

Not many Aberdeen fans about that arent deluded arseholes.ย 

ย 

GIRFUY mutton molesters.ย 

ย 

Not just Aberdeen fans that were deluded about this guy. Need to look back for all the journalists etc saying he would rip up the league.

ย 

Goodwin never used him.

ย 

ย 

Bazzas right boot
On 11/04/2022 at 00:11, 1971fozzy said:

ย 

ย 

They are this season, but for most of the last decade they've been well above us, embarrassingly so Tbh.ย 

ย 

Thankfully we are on the road to reverse that, but it will take more than 1 good season, we need 3/4/5 good seasons in a row, something that we've not managed since the late 80's early 90's ourselves.ย 

ย 

ย 

Consistency is the hardest thing to achieve.ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

19 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

ย 

Not just Aberdeen fans that were deluded about this guy. Need to look back for all the journalists etc saying he would rip up the league.

ย 

Goodwin never used him.

ย 

ย 

Oh dear, what a shame. Thought he was going to be the next "golden boot" or something the way they bummed him up.

ย 

Must realise where they are and how much money they cant afford to splosh out on "superstars" due to them not qualifying for Europe and are potentially in a relegation dogfight.

ย 

That's Emmanuel-Thomas, Brown, Michael Devlin and that other idiot Considine away. Who's next?

ย 

My thoughts and prayers or whatever.

49 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

ย 

ย 

Goodwin never used him.

ย 

ย 

Say what you like about Goodwin, but he's not wasted much time in rooting out the players he doesn't want around, unlike Sean Sean the Leprechaun.

indianajones
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

ย 

ย 

Goodwin never used him.

ย 

ย 

ย 

He never looked fit whenever i seen him. Was a strange signing from them.ย 

ย 

1 hour ago, RobNox said:

Say what you like about Goodwin, but he's not wasted much time in rooting out the players he doesn't want around, unlike Sean Sean the Leprechaun.

ย 

ย 

He hasn't but I dont think he has the ability to take Aberdeen back to challenging for third. Stendel came in and cleared some deadwood out. Doesn't take a great manager to notice a rubbish player.ย 

How funny would it be if they went down? Won a watch with us, Hibs & Rangers all having problems at the same time, initially struggled to get clear of ICT, Motherwell & Dundee Utd but just did enough in the end to be best of the rest. Never genuinely threatened a fairly unremarkable Celtic team (& obviously didn't lay a glove on them once they brought in Rodgers), didn't get group stage European football even once before dropping out of the top 3 all together. What do they have to show for it now? One league cup & a pipe dream of a new stadium. Absolute bottlers.

Guest ToqueJambo
5 hours ago, indianajones said:

ย 

He never looked fit whenever i seen him. Was a strange signing from them.ย 

ย 

He hasn't but I dont think he has the ability to take Aberdeen back to challenging for third. Stendel came in and cleared some deadwood out. Doesn't take a great manager to notice a rubbish player.ย 

ย 

I've never got the fuss about Goodwin. He didn't do an especially great job at St Mirren - 9th, 7th and currently 10th. I don't remember their football being particularly good.

ย 

The players he got some credit for bringing in or selling (mostly to Hibs) have pretty much all bombed at their next clubs, including McGrath it seems.

ย 

By sacking McInnes and Ross, Aberdeen and Hibs have shown that if you have a solid manager in charge - ie finishing in decent positions in the league and/or getting to cups semis or finals - ย you give them a chance to turn things around when they have a lean period before getting a new guy in.

Edited by ToqueJambo

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

ย 

I've never got the fuss about Goodwin. He didn't do an especially great job at St Mirren - 9th, 7th and currently 10th. I don't remember their football being particularly good.

ย 

The players he got some credit for bringing in or selling (mostly to Hibs) have pretty much all bombed at their next clubs, including McGrath it seems.

ย 

By sacking McInnes and Ross, Aberdeen and Hibs have shown that if you have a solid manager in charge - ie finishing in decent positions in the league and/or getting to cups semis or finals - ย you give them a chance to turn things around when they have a lean period before getting a new guy in.

ย 

Kind of seeing a pattern in talented coaches but ultimately unimposing and inexperienced managers being a serious error of judgement in this league - Cathro, Glass and Maloney. All their clubs regressed big time under them.ย 

ย 

Its maybe something to keep in mind if/when Robbie moves on. Think generally speaking we should be recruiting up, not giving some highlighly regarded coach the opportunity to cut their teeth here. The demands at Hearts, Aberdeen and Hibs are all too high. All 3 fan bases expect 3rd, and you cannot pin those hopes on a rookie. Ross & McInnes both with bags of experience both managed pretty well at Hibs and Aberdeen. Robbie likewise here.ย 

ย 

I think at a diddy club that might work, where there is no expectation so the coach can afford to learn, but here its different.ย 

ย 

I think Goodwin will do better than Glass, but when the bar is the floor, anything can be an improvement. Its hard to see Maloney succeeding there tbh.ย 

ย 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, OTT said:

ย 

Kind of seeing a pattern in talented coaches but ultimately unimposing and inexperienced managers being a serious error of judgement in this league - Cathro, Glass and Maloney. All their clubs regressed big time under them.ย 

ย 

Its maybe something to keep in mind if/when Robbie moves on. Think generally speaking we should be recruiting up, not giving some highlighly regarded coach the opportunity to cut their teeth here. The demands at Hearts, Aberdeen and Hibs are all too high. All 3 fan bases expect 3rd, and you cannot pin those hopes on a rookie. Ross & McInnes both with bags of experience both managed pretty well at Hibs and Aberdeen. Robbie likewise here.ย 

ย 

I think at a diddy club that might work, where there is no expectation so the coach can afford to learn, but here its different.ย 

ย 

I think Goodwin will do better than Glass, but when the bar is the floor, anything can be an improvement. Its hard to see Maloney succeeding there tbh.ย 

ย 

ย 

The only time I might support a highly rated coach hire now after seeing how it's gone with us and other clubs is if it's from within the club form the U18s or U20s, like Robbie first time around, or a player like Doddie and Jardine. So maybe Steven Naismith if he's still with us could be a contender.

ย 

If Jack Ross had stayed he would maybe have taken over from Robbie and that could have worked better than Cathro seeing what he did elsewhere pre Hibs. It's still risky. For every Robbie there seems to be a Jon Daly, John Rankin or Andy Kirk, who might yet be good managers but are taking assistant manager or manager jobs at smaller clubs first.

Edited by ToqueJambo

As likeable as Goodwin is (as a manager) heโ€™s distinctly average. That coupled with a crumbling stadium and support and I can see the sheep hovering bottom 6 for years (thatโ€™s if they donโ€™t go down this season). ย Doesnโ€™t help them that the owner is mad as a box of frogs. Glorious stuff

32 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

ย 

The only time I might support a highly rated coach hire now after seeing how it's gone with us and other clubs is if it's from within the club form the U18s or U20s, like Robbie first time around, or a player like Doddie and Jardine. So maybe Steven Naismith if he's still with us could be a contender.

ย 

If Jack Ross had stayed he would maybe have taken over from Robbie and that could have worked better than Cathro seeing what he did elsewhere pre Hibs. It's still risky. For every Robbie there seems to be a Jon Daly, John Rankin or Andy Kirk, who might yet be good managers but are taking assistant manager or manager jobs at smaller clubs first.

I've no doubt that had Ross still been at Hearts and stepped into Robbie's shoes, we would not have ended up in the shitfest that followed Cathro's appointment.ย  We were in 2nd place, albeit Rangers and Aberdeen had games in hand, but absolute worse case scenario if Robbie had stayed was 4th place, which was in line with our budget.

ย 

There was absolutely no need to bring in a manager who was going to rip everything up and start again (a nod to Edwyn Collins there!).ย  You do that when you sack a manager because the team is underperforming and you need to change things.

ย 

When you lose a successful manager because he leaves for another job while the team is doing well, you surely look for someone who can maintain some sort of continuity, rather than someone who wants to go in a different direction.

56 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

As likeable as Goodwin is (as a manager) heโ€™s distinctly average. That coupled with a crumbling stadium and support and I can see the sheep hovering bottom 6 for years (thatโ€™s if they donโ€™t go down this season). ย Doesnโ€™t help them that the owner is mad as a box of frogs. Glorious stuff

Diddy Dave has been a bit quiet recently, so has Ron the Con.ย  Funny how the fans lapped these snake oil salesmen up when they first appeared, but the less gullible amongst them are beginning to see through the smoke and mirrors.

ย 

Meanwhile, we own our club so don't have to worry about some charlatan taking control with promises of a new stadium, disco lights or vegan food stands.

WheatfieldWarrior
On 10/04/2022 at 23:54, tian447 said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

Indeed.ย  Were it to go horribly wrong and St Johnstone put a run together, Aberdeen could find themselves in the championship playing derbies against Cove Rangers who are 5 pts clear at the top of league 1 and likely to go up, while McInnes could be back in the SPL with Kilmarnock who are 4 pts clear at the top of the championship.

ย 

All we need to do is knock Hibs out of the cup and sit back with the popcorn.

Guest ToqueJambo
51 minutes ago, RobNox said:

I've no doubt that had Ross still been at Hearts and stepped into Robbie's shoes, we would not have ended up in the shitfest that followed Cathro's appointment.ย  We were in 2nd place, albeit Rangers and Aberdeen had games in hand, but absolute worse case scenario if Robbie had stayed was 4th place, which was in line with our budget.

ย 

There was absolutely no need to bring in a manager who was going to rip everything up and start again (a nod to Edwyn Collins there!).ย  You do that when you sack a manager because the team is underperforming and you need to change things.

ย 

When you lose a successful manager because he leaves for another job while the team is doing well, you surely look for someone who can maintain some sort of continuity, rather than someone who wants to go in a different direction.

ย 

It was a major mistake by Levein and a great example of his pig headed side. Cathro was his protege. He offered him the U20s job before Ross so he could then promote Cathro. Cathro turning down that job maybe should have been a red flag for Levein. Both Cathro and Levein should have known he wasn't ready to take total control with an inexperienced assistant.

On 10/04/2022 at 11:27, RobNox said:

ย 

He's maybe away to "check the data".๐Ÿ˜œ

ย 

Get him back on Sportsound now.

1 minute ago, iainmac said:

ย 

He's maybe away to "check the data".๐Ÿ˜œ

ย 

Get him back on Sportsound now.

I remember that interview, the results say they are shite, but Dave's data says they are well on track, so results will eventually catch up with the data.ย  The only data that matters is W, D or L, and the Dandy Dons have 1 W in their last 13 games.

15 minutes ago, RobNox said:

I remember that interview, the results say they are shite, but Dave's data says they are well on track, so results will eventually catch up with the data.ย  The only data that matters is W, D or L, and the Dandy Dons have 1 W in their last 13 games.

ย 

He was quite aggressive towards Kenny McIntyre in his defence of Stephen Glass.

ย 

Anyone know how that worked out?ย 

7 hours ago, RobNox said:

ย 

ย 

Yup. But at the moment its three cheers for our side, I'd say

kingantti1874

Youโ€™d think a millionaire business man would realise data without context is meaningless. ย Having 60% possession is a bit misleading when the other team are happy to let you have it. ย 
ย 

We suffered from the same incorrect conclusions under some recent failed managersย 

August Landmesser
4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Youโ€™d think a millionaire business man would realise data without context is meaningless. ย Having 60% possession is a bit misleading when the other team are happy to let you have it. ย 
ย 

We suffered from the same incorrect conclusions under some recent failed managersย 

Exactly, I wonder how much possession we let Cowdenbeath have after our tenth goal. They certainly had 90% possession immediately after each kick-off...

ย 

Dominant.

August Landmesser

I must admit I'm a wee bit torn about the bottom six this year, can't decide who I want in the playoffs; St Mitten would be good for handing out medicine, Hibs would be good because it's Hibs (and also medicine), but I think Aberdeen would certainly be the banter choice.

ย 

Also wouldn't be gutted to see the back of St J for a season or two, would improve our away form a bit.

ย 

It's a tricky one!