Aberdeen FC, a thank you.

Martin_T

2 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

I must admit I'm a wee bit torn about the bottom six this year, can't decide who I want in the playoffs; St Mitten would be good for handing out medicine, Hibs would be good because it's Hibs (and also medicine), but I think Aberdeen would certainly be the banter choice.

Also wouldn't be gutted to see the back of St J for a season or two, would improve our away form a bit.

It's a tricky one!

Hibs

Aberdeen

St Mirren

St Johnstone

in that order of preference thank fully Dundee are bonnets any way

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• IveSeenTheLight

• 1971fozzy

• GinRummy

Just now, Sooks said:

Hibs

Aberdeen

St Mirren

St Johnstone

*gonners not bonnets 

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Hibs

Aberdeen

St Mirren

St Johnstone

Aye, I think that would be my preferred order too.

Dundee are total bonnets!

11 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Aye, I think that would be my preferred order too.

Dundee are total bonnets!

: - D

TyphoonJambo
2 hours ago, Sooks said:

*gonners not bonnets 

The bonnets of bonny Dundee.  A piping tune if I recall. 

Prefer the sheep to be in Play off position and hopefully relegated. Hibs are usually a point magnet for us plus I don't think the Sheep have ever been relegated. 

ginger jambo98
30 minutes ago, Beave1874 said:

Prefer the sheep to be in Play off position and hopefully relegated. Hibs are usually a point magnet for us plus I don't think the Sheep have ever been relegated. 

Yeah, the one year they should have gone down, they got to stay up as a Brockville didn’t meet the SPL criteria for stadia in those days.

5 minutes ago, ginger jambo98 said:

Yeah, the one year they should have gone down, they got to stay up as a Brockville didn’t meet the SPL criteria for stadia in those days.

Saved them from being in a playoff which they probably would have survived but they were spared that yes.

1 hour ago, TypoonJambo said:

Certainly in a Corries tune Weep ye by Atholl

Fort Vallance
4 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

It's the tune of their club song.

Ps ... See next Hogmanay? Jools Holland should GTF. Bring back Fran & Anna, The Corries, and Andy Stewart et al ...

Bunnets & kilts ... 😁

4 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Ps ... See next Hogmanay? Jools Holland should GTF. Bring back Fran & Anna, The Corries, and Andy Stewart et al ...

Bunnets & kilts ... 😁

: - D

Beat Hibs on Saturday (and beat them well) and they will be utterly  destroyed. Their support will be livid. They will slide to the play offs faster thank you can say…..”Terry Butcher”……

This is my wish

• 1 month later...
IveSeenTheLight
On 11/04/2022 at 00:07, 1971fozzy said:

They had a perfect opportunity but blew it the last 6 years or so. Glorious. Now with Joe Savage and Robbie we recruit solidly now. If we get the £3-4 million from Europe we will recruit some amazing players no doubt and go even further ahead . Add in £100k+ a month with FOH contributions and it’s very exciting.

what’s your opinion @IveSeenTheLight ??? Xx

I think you did reasonably well this year and were never really challenged.

We were pish, of that there is no doubt.

of all the seasons we played in Europe, there is a bit of irony that you manage to get the spot that guarantees group stage football this year and we totally failed to get anything.

so the money will be a welcomed boost to you and you have the opportunity to kick on a bit from it.

it’ll also test your squad as well with the additional games, so it’ll be interesting to see what happens next year.

Good luck in the final, I hope you win.

Watt-Zeefuik
5 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

of all the seasons we played in Europe, there is a bit of irony that you manage to get the spot that guarantees group stage football this year and we totally failed to get anything.

so the money will be a welcomed boost to you and you have the opportunity to kick on a bit from it.

it’ll also test your squad as well with the additional games, so it’ll be interesting to see what happens next year.

We're newly promoted and had 3rd wrapped up by the split, and now have guaranteed European group football. Our revenue for next season will be at least £5-7m greater than any other non-OF team.

If that's "reasonably well," I'll take a heaping helping of "reasonably well" every season with a smattering of "a bit better" every few years.

Unknown user
31 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

We're newly promoted and had 3rd wrapped up by the split, and now have guaranteed European group football. Our revenue for next season will be at least £5-7m greater than any other non-OF team.

If that's "reasonably well," I'll take a heaping helping of "reasonably well" every season with a smattering of "a bit better" every few years.

Just think, 5.2 million is the equivalent of an extra 100k a week, nearly x3 our FoH contributions.

That might not be much for a Man City or Liverpool, but that's a lot of money for us

6 hours ago, Smithee said:

Just think, 5.2 million is the equivalent of an extra 100k a week, nearly x3 our FoH contributions.

That might not be much for a Man City or Liverpool, but that's a lot of money for us

It is totally massive for us and it would be for Aberdeen too but alas they will not get the chance to find out

Derek McInnes nicely understated on Open Goal. 

Said he identified January signings for his last season but wasn't backed. Pointed out he had better points at that stage than Hearts this season. 

Didn't slag anyone but talked quite a bit about what they did well there. 

Oh well. Dave Cormack making the decisions now. Slightly better than Ron Gordon perhaps though being below them in league might say differently. 

Japan Jambo
6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Said he identified January signings for his last season but wasn't backed. Pointed out he had better points at that stage than Hearts this season. 

Oh well. Dave Cormack making the decisions now. Slightly better than Ron Gordon perhaps though being below them in league might say differently. 

actually came across really well... (and was clearly shafted) 

7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I think this is worth considering from a Jambo perspective - for all the plaudits coming Hearts way the bottom 9 have been utterly dugshite this season.

14 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

11 hours ago, jonesy said:

It's not irony. 

It's karma. 

Nicely put.

Truth is Aberdeen bottled it for 8 years with no competition, finishing behind Motherwell and Kilmarnock and continually shitting it on the big stage.

They had a chance a supposed 3rd force would kill for.  The 2nd force out of action, their rivals for 3rd (and even the next 5th and 6th) all batshit at the time.

And they just kind of were OK.  They accepted their place.  They voted like they'd joined the OF too!!

And then Cormack put himself front and centre during covid but he and his club showed zero class, integrity or backbone.  They voted for the status quo, happy to trundle on it would appear.

Hey we weren't exactly in a good place.  But Aberdeen claiming to have had a good few years due to some well placed finishes!!!???  Not exactly the full picture.  And for them to find us now getting the Euro pot "ironic".  Hardly.  We're simply back and they can get behind us again like they've been for the vast majority of our history.

kingantti1874
4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

better points with 1. No hearts in the league and 2. Let’s be honest - we stopped playing 4 games ago. 

Watt-Zeefuik
5 hours ago, briever said:

I think this is worth considering from a Jambo perspective - for all the plaudits coming Hearts way the bottom 9 have been utterly dugshite this season.

This does my head in. The bottom 9 haven't been dugshite (with the possible exception of Dundee). The 11th placed team got a draw in Istanbul to start the season.

4-10 have just been very evenly matched, with no team able to break away and win consistently enough.

Except us. Because we were outstanding.

4 hours ago, jonesy said:

Basically every significant club that benefitted in the short term from their vote against us during the covidshambles has now had it come back to bite them in the bum in some way, shape or form. 

Loverly.

A fine way of looking at it.

indianajones
6 hours ago, jonesy said:

Basically every significant club that benefitted in the short term from their vote against us during the covidshambles has now had it come back to bite them in the bum in some way, shape or form. 

Loverly.

1 hour ago, briever said:

A fine way of looking at it.

Yep. More agony still to come as well. 

**** every single last one of them. 

gorgie rd eh11
7 hours ago, briever said:

That's always the Hibs and Aberdeen View when they're not doing well. Hibs finished 3rd last season yet we beat them at Hampden, they were a very average team but built themselves up. Everybody that matters was in the league this season, unlike previous seasons and we p*ss*d 3rd.

15 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

That's always the Hibs and Aberdeen View when they're not doing well. Hibs finished 3rd last season yet we beat them at Hampden, they were a very average team but built themselves up. Everybody that matters was in the league this season, unlike previous seasons and we p*ss*d 3rd.

Maybe the conclusion is 4-12th are always shite.

gorgie rd eh11
24 minutes ago, briever said:

Maybe the conclusion is 4-12th are always shite.

4-12th are always 4-12th. Trying to take away anything Hearts do is always a Hibs/Aberdeen thing.

ISTL back from nowhere for months upon end 😂🤣😅

Season over so can't take any shhhtick re performances, sooo predictable 🙄😬

Dandies very much back in their place and have fecked up a decade's chance to win major honours whilst others toiled....

Natural order thankfully ☺️ 

4 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

better points with 1. No hearts in the league and 2. Let’s be honest - we stopped playing 4 games ago. 

Yup. No cup final and our intensity doesn't drop. Those defeats against Motherwell and Rangers don't (IMO) happen. 

All ifs and buts, do think context is important though. 

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, briever said:

It is, but I'm sure we will look for more points next season. 

But, for more context we were a newly promoted side and not only finished 3rd, but walked it. 

Aberdeen have wasted any advantage they built up when they sacked Mcinnes who never had them below 4th and Hibs are just hibs, they'll be lucky to finish 3rd again in the next ten years. 

42 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

4-12th are always 4-12th. Trying to take away anything Hearts do is always a Hibs/Aberdeen thing.

It's putting this season into context - which I think is important.  If we were to lose on Sat the season has still been a success, but one we shouldn't get carried away with.  I clicked on a link on the Motherwell site today about their team in 1927 beating Real Madrid, it was a story from 2020 - the next one was a story about about them finishing 3rd - that fecking team of hammer throwers.

IveSeenTheLight
On 17/05/2022 at 01:34, Led Tasso said:

Yes, reasonably well.

you secured 3rd spot early because the rest of us were pish.

61 points would not normally get 3rd.

anywhoo, best of luck today, I hope you go and win today.

IveSeenTheLight
On 17/05/2022 at 18:31, GavK1012 said:

ISTL back from nowhere for months upon end 😂🤣😅

Season over so can't take any shhhtick re performances, sooo predictable 🙄😬

Dandies very much back in their place and have fecked up a decade's chance to win major honours whilst others toiled....

Natural order thankfully ☺️ 

picked up covid earlier this year and it floored me.

we were pish, no arguments there.

rip the list all you want, I can’t defend how poor we were.

best of luck today, I hope you win the cup

On 17/05/2022 at 01:34, Led Tasso said:

He, like the rest of them from up there still think a good season is beating Real Madrid in European finals.

Wake up ya fannys you've got Goodwin and his merry hatchet men to look forward to. 

Delusion just doesn't cover Aberdeen fans - they deserve their own term. 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Yes, reasonably well.

you secured 3rd spot early because the rest of us were pish.

61 points would not normally get 3rd.

anywhoo, best of luck today, I hope you go and win today.

Other teams being worse generally means you finish above them.  

I mean - I could say you finished third in year x because we were pish .. 🤷‍♂️😂

IveSeenTheLight
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

Other teams being worse generally means you finish above them.  

I mean - I could say you finished third in year x because we were pish .. 🤷‍♂️😂

Aye, ye possibly could.

Thats why I said reasonably well as you had no challenge and 61 points normally would not be enough for 3rd.

Anyway, todays not about the league, it’s about wishing you well and hoping you win the cup.

IveSeenTheLight
3 minutes ago, 151 said:

He, like the rest of them from up there still think a good season is beating Real Madrid in European finals.

Wake up ya fannys you've got Goodwin and his merry hatchet men to look forward to. 

Dear me, there you go bringing up the 80’s again.

come on the Jam Tarts against the (water) bottle merchants

Nookie Bear

Rubbish league, apparently!

Yet the Dandy Dons were a couple of points off a relegation decider in Inverness. 

It’s not just finishing 3rd, it’s finishing 3rd with a stable management set up, a stable and progressive Board, a completed stadium, money pouring in from fans every month. 

3rd is just the beginning of what we are going to achieve. 

And Aberdeen can shove their support for this final, based on an embarrassing “rivalry” with rangers. 

2 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Go onto the Aberdeen forums you weird guy. Literally embarrasing yourself. If we did "reasonably well" how well did your season go :rofl:

Diddy club, with diddy fans.

12 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952747437b40471eb1f9

IveSeenTheLight
7 minutes ago, 151 said:

Go onto the Aberdeen forums you weird guy. Literally embarrasing yourself. If we did "reasonably well" how well did your season go :rofl:

Diddy club, with diddy fans.

How well did our season go?

we were absolutely pish, worst season in a long long time.

no hiding from it.

22 minutes ago, 151 said:

They are ewenique 

Silvery_Moon
32 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Thank you for supporting us today. Will be very difficult but have to hope.

kingantti1874
41 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

61 points usually is enough for third.  And we stopped playing 4 games ago. This was as dominant a third as the SPL has ever seen

IveSeenTheLight
25 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

61 points usually is enough for third.  And we stopped playing 4 games ago. This was as dominant a third as the SPL has ever seen

61 points is the lowest amount to secure 3rd since we moved to the SPFLThe SPL stopped in 2013.

Anyway , not the day to be having this debate.

Come on Hearts, hope you do the business.

Edited by IveSeenTheLight

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

61 points is the lowest amount to secure 3rd since we moved to the SPFLThe SPL stopped in 2013.

Anyway , not the day to be having this debate.

Come on Hearts, hope you do the business.

I’d need to double check that .. but regardless.  We stopped playing on March when it was wrapped up.  

context is important.