Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• IveSeenTheLight

• 1971fozzy

• Sooks

Салатные палочки
1 minute ago, blairdin said:

Jim Goodwin. 

Hope not. Reckon he would sort them right out. 

1 minute ago, blairdin said:

Jim Goodwin. 

Couldn’t stand him as a player but I do think he’ll be a good manager in the future . 
aberdeen however would not be a good career move for him imo 

SectionDJambo

Aberdeen got lucky when they hired Ferguson as manager. They had Dick Donald to thank for that. He had also hired Ally McLeod, who won the League Cup for them and had them playing good stuff.

They then had a good manager and a decent man when Alex Smith had the job, but their moronic, self entitled fans hounded him out, expecting the same success as Ferguson had had before the Rangers millions turned up.

Since then, a long time ago now, they have lurched from one crisis to another, although McInnes did take some advantage of the troubles of Hearts and Rangers, and the inept running of Hibs, to maintain European qualification over a few seasons.

Their current fans still have a significant number of Central Belt glory hunters created during the Ferguson era, some second generation, who think they are still as significant a club as they were during a short period of spectacular success many years ago. Their pain is wonderful.

42 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

They could relocate altogether to West Lothian or Lanarkshire.  Would suit their huge central Scotland support. They’d be like the LA Dodgers. 

😄    Clever word association there -  dodgers  and Lanarkshire   :whistling:  

:gok:

1 hour ago, August Landmesser said:

Covid. Away team dressing room is in the away stand at Motherwell.

that’s not a long term solution to have a dressing room in the middle of the away end

I never used to mind the sheep too much, a healthy rivalry. But since they signed Scott Brown, I can honestly say they can get it right ****ing up them. 

25 minutes ago, blairdin said:

Jim Goodwin. 

Wouldn't be a bad appointment I reckon.   Total thug as a player, but I quite like him as a manager and is doing a decent job at St Mirren and comes across well. 

1 hour ago, part_time_jambo said:

Why are they walking up the stand steps? Is it a covid thing, or just crap stadium design?

Covid, the away team change in the hospitality boxes in that stand

Montgomery Brewster
5 hours ago, jamboozy said:

Willie (the chippie) Miller was almost greetin last night.

Good !

he really is a ****ing tool 

4 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

Lennon to join Broon ?

Yeahwouldn’t surprise me.  I’d imagine Cormack will have someone lined up, been obvious for a while that Glass wasn’t going to be a success. 

I looked into Aberdeen’s European record in the last decade:

14/15 3rd Round exit to Real Sociedad 5-2

Sociedad knocked out by Krasnodar in the playoff

15/16 3rd Round exit to Kairat Almaty 3-2

Kairat knocked out by Bordeaux in the playoff

16/17 3rd Round exit to NK Maribor 2-1

Maribor knocked out by Gabala in the playoff

17/18 3rd Round exit (surprise) to Apollon Limassol 3-2

Apollon Limassol progressed to the groups after defeating Midtjylland

18/19 2nd Round exit to Burnley 4-2

Burnley knocked out by Olympiacos in the playoff

19/20 3rd Round exit to NK Rijeka 4-0

Rijeka knocked out by Gent in the playoff

20/21 3rd Round exit to Sporting Lisbon 1-0 (1 leg)

Sporting knocked out by LASK in the playoff

21/22 Conference League Playoff exit to Qarabag 4-1

Qarabag were drawn in a group with Basel, Omonia Nicosia and Kairat Almaty. They finished second and play Marseille this week.

A mixture of some tough ties but ones that could have been won as well. Although except this year they never came within a tie of group stage football. A lot of these European campaigns began in qualifying round 1 so did contribute to the coefficient. If not as much as the OF’s group stage appearances. It’s brilliant we can come in and, hopefully, get group stage football after a pretty terrible decade for us as a club.

Even better doing it on Aberdeen’s expense.

11 hours ago, Newton51 said:

that’s not a long term solution to have a dressing room in the middle of the away end

Pure tin pot club.....

On 13/02/2022 at 10:42, Salad Fingers said:

Brown to be player manager and continue the demise. 

:jjyay:

They finish eleventh. Play-off final against Kilmarnock. McInnes engineers two turgid goal-less draws. Broonaldo misses in penalty decider to send Dons down. What's not to like?

Oh, and Hibs have finished bottom having sacked Moloney and replaced him with Kevin Thomson.

Hearts win the Scottish Cup beating Celtic in the final with a goal from John Souttar.

26 minutes ago, sirwalter said:

They finish eleventh. Play-off final against Kilmarnock. McInnes engineers two turgid goal-less draws. Broonaldo misses in penalty decider to send Dons down. What's not to like?

Oh, and Hibs have finished bottom having sacked Moloney and replaced him with Kevin Thomson.

Hearts win the Scottish Cup beating Celtic in the final with a goal from John Souttar.

Outstanding sir 👏

part_time_jambo
On 13/02/2022 at 09:03, Queensland Jambo said:

Ironic isn't it - we aren't playing well and may in reality have flattered to deceive this season but everyone else is absolutely guff - Aberdeen, Hibs.

Can't be many days left for Glass now?

What's your lottery prediction?

fabienleclerq

I've defended I've seen the lights right to post but his non attendance of this thread is borderline deserving him the boot! 

17 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

I've defended I've seen the lights right to post but his non attendance of this thread is borderline deserving him the boot! 

Like the vast majority of aberdeen fans he’s a prick of the highest order .

hope aberdeen don’t go for Goodwin never liked him as a player but he’s got the makings of a good manager 

Cruickie's Moustache

I see a lot of folk saying Aberdeen should have kicked on when they had a decent record under McInnes.

The same thing could happen to us if we are not careful.

McInnes got the Dons comfortable at the top end of the table.

He ground out decent results against the teams lower down to secure those 2nd & 3rd slots.

Decent runs in the cups.

However :-

Always bottled it against the Two Cheeks

Didn't really perform to any extent in Europe.

The club had no decent plan to find a manager that could take them to the next level when his time was up.

Not wanting Robbie to go as we are sitting third, still in the Scottish Cup and went out the League Cup to Celtic.

With that record it means he stays IMHO.

However if we remain consistent or even start to falter, at some point in the future it is likely a new manager will be required.

A plan should be in place to avoid the Cathro/Glass type situation and ensure the next appointment is someone who can take us up a gear.

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

He could be in jkb jail. 

• 3 weeks later...
IveSeenTheLight
On 13/02/2022 at 10:43, kila said:

@IveSeenTheLight care to comment?

Sorry, been out for a bit.

The football was better under Glass than the end of the McInnes era, but unfortunately he did not get the results

3 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Sorry, been out for a bit.

The football was better under Glass than the end of the McInnes era, but unfortunately he did not get the results

Just in from tonight's game and that was a poor Aberdeen side.  I can't remember the last time Hearts dominated possession as much.  Gordon was a spectator.

Goodwin's got his work cut-out.

3 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Be fair chops, they had a good wee spell about...

35 - 40 years ago.  :rofl: 

Ftfy

Shows how good Mcinnes had been doing with such an average team. They got 2nd/3rd with no challenge from us/Rangers/hibs/Dundee United and the fans got carried away with themselves. Yes, we were all in lower leagues for (mostly) valid reasons and, much like celtic, they creamed the money in and didn't really invest well. Now, others are past or catching up with them and they are panicking. Back to bottom 6 finishes and 8/9k attendances at best 

28 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Just in from tonight's game and that was a poor Aberdeen side.  I can't remember the last time Hearts dominated possession as much.  Gordon was a spectator.

It's unusual for a young, ambitious manager to leave a good side for a worse one. 

Fair play. He's got a big challenge. 

Cut The Crap
1 hour ago, Yoda said:

Very poor indeed.

:pleasing:

• 1 month later...
Nelly Terraces

These c *** s & the vermin, both in the bottom 6 & miles behind us in every aspect.

Truly majestic days we’re currently living in people. Simply beautiful. :wub: