*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

buca junior
14 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I can't how it makes a difference tbh.

we are guaranteed  group stage football, that is the important thing and the carrot for players and the finance for us.

I think it’s a little naive to group both tournaments as the same.

You can debate it’s marginal gains but it could make the difference in recruiting a high calibre player who has alternative  options.

Also a convincing play-off result rather than a hammering could again raise our profile to prospects.

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

RustyRightPeg
3 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I predict at least one of our signings this window won't arrive until after our Europa League playoff first leg, and quite possibly the second leg!

I don’t doubt we will keep signing until the latter stages of the window, but we will probably average one a week now until the closure of the window I’d guess.

31 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Twitter chat is tiny re Simms. Cardiff claimed him somewhere (from a Cardiff fan), random non-fan claims he's heading here on loan again.

Nothing obvious going down

I have a feeling nothing more that Simms will be playing for Hearts next season, the fact its all went quiet I think

is in our favour.

Can only hope.

4 minutes ago, Gorgieshed said:

If Simms does come back whether on loan or permanently, it will be our best signing this summer.

Correct 

Batistuta87
9 minutes ago, bawheed said:

I have a feeling nothing more that Simms will be playing for Hearts next season, the fact its all went quiet I think

is in our favour.

Can only hope.

Think we're saving the number 9 jersey for the big man 👍🏻

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, The Hogfather said:

That post read to me as pointon correcting a mistake in his previous post. But I'm open to that being me clutching at straws.

I read it as that too, but I don't think it matters as I think he only heard it from the voices in his head! 

1 hour ago, pointon said:

Simms is a done deal still waiting to hear if it is permanent or on lo

You have gone all in on this. Not close, actually done.

Won't have to wait long to see if this is bullshit then.

The Hogfather
2 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I read it as that too, but I don't think it matters as I think he only heard it from the voices in his head! 

Yeah, I don't know why anyone would make rumours up online myself. Bit weird.

My apologies Simms permanent deal

Fantastic.  I'm as far from itk as you can get but my instincts are often pretty good.  I've had very strong feelings that he would be signing for us based on various comments made.

If it wasn't in prospect I'm sure we would have known by now.

Would be surprised if Hearts splash out £750,000 or so to get him in.

Really hope your info is correct.

LarrysRightFoot

Can’t say Grant is a signing in overly excited about, I’ve never heard of him and at 27 on paper he looks not to have cut it at championship level in England after a couple of attempts. 

However, it sounds like he’s been known to Robbie and Joe for a long time and he also knows McKay so I’m sure his opinion will have been sought as well and they’ve done enough to earn our trust. 

I really hope he is like McKay and can unlock defences. Will also be good to have another dead ball expert along with Kingsley. 

1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Luton were league two

I thought they'd just been promoted to league one when he signed. Apologies 👍

FarmerTweedy
24 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I don’t doubt we will keep signing until the latter stages of the window, but we will probably average one a week now until the closure of the window I’d guess.

9 more signings? :vrwow:

RustyRightPeg
Just now, FarmerTweedy said:

9 more signings? :vrwow:

If we are moving players on then I wouldn’t be surprised. 

9 is maybe a push, but he’s been in the press saying 6 minimum.

18 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

You have gone all in on this. Not close, actually done.

Won't have to wait long to see if this is bullshit then.

😁

My apologies Simms permanent deal

I’m hoping this is not just a fabrication. 

Would be awesome if accurate. 

Your post suggests youre either ITK on this one or you have just made it up. 

We will see. 

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Checks who's chucked latest hand grenade into the room, then leaves...yep. I'll pass on this "exclusive" for now.

Yep,  was thinking the very same thing.   

Some of the younger boys have been told they can find new clubs.  Those boys we announce in groups, all proud, we never ever develop them, then they just get punted after years of loans.

I love our club but our youth development is an absolute shocker.

1 minute ago, Armageddon said:

Some of the younger boys have been told they can find new clubs.  Those boys we announce in groups, all proud, we never ever develop them, then they just get punted after years of loans.

Is it not just that not every player can develop well enough to play for our first team and that they find their level 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

One a week until September 1st? Nine more players?

2 hours ago, pointon said:

Simms is a done deal still waiting to hear if it is permanent or on lo

All in on your credibility, let's see if it pays off!

23 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Do you have a personal connection involved? I agree we should be doing better to produce more Academy talent, but reality is many won't make it near first team. I firmly believe the expectations of the fan base make it difficult for Robbie to give continuned game time to youngsters.  Our best striker for many years Boyce was given pelters for having a off month for example.

Think the B team will help massively as we can keep them in the loop of first team if they impress or injuries create an opening.

jamboinglasgow
22 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

I'm surprised if we are telling young players to find new clubs now, considering we need players for the B team. Unless we are clearing out to bring in others in.

I do think this will be the season that shows how serious we are about youth development. The club has been saying the last year what was stopping us from bringing through the youngsters is no reserve league. Now we have a B team, it takes that excuse away. Add in the number of games we have to play then there is no excuse for some youngsters not getting game time.

Watt-Zeefuik
7 hours ago, tiger Rudi said:

Right, who's next?? Ronan? Levitt? Shankland? Simms? Wonder if they are eyeing up someone nobody has even mentioned yet........ A real take the breath away signing. Exciting times ahead, can't wait for the season to start and this page to get forgotten about because we've signed every player we wanted!! 

I think we're in for a lull in news, not because nothing's happening, but because Ronnan's club want to make sure they have a replacement, Shankland's club are going to hold out for better offers, and Simms want to figure out if they want to loan him to us or sell him to us.

There's enough background chatter to make me think that Simms back in a maroon shirt is highly likely, but still not decided under what terms.

5 hours ago, Thought Police said:

I’d be very surprised if Everton had made a decision on Simms already.

I agree, and what I imagine is happening is that Everton aren't planning on having him in their first team next season, but want to decide if they want to hold onto his rights. I think they're being wise as I think he still needs another season to mature into someone ready to come into an EPL game, but as I said above, it feels like a loan-to-Hearts or sell-to-Hearts decision.

Relatedly, I posted on another thread that Russia had long been a market where EPL clubs unloaded their not-quite-good-enough prospects, and that's been closed off now, so they're willing to take lower offers from domestic clubs now.

Shankland getting held back because Beerschot are short on striker numbers.    If they get one or two replacements in this week or next I reckon he will be allowed to leave.   Whether it's to Hearts is anyones guess.   

Alot happening at Everton, its hard to tell if Simms will stay or go.    Few weeks on that decision I guess. 

I'll say we're more likely to sign a defender before another forward.   Going by the suggested rumour posted already.    Plus Robbie mentioned we'd sign afew players within afew days this week.    Grant done, just one more this week. 

Edited by HMFC01

Australian Kye Rowles has been given extra time off after helping the Socceroos qualify for the World Cup and will meet his new teammates when all the transfer red tape is out of the way.

Neilson added: "I am pleased with the ones who have come in. Kye Rowles isn't here yet, we are still waiting on everything to come through. We gave him and Nathaniel Atkinson another couple of weeks off after their World Cup exploits.

“Everyone else is here and we are hoping to get a few done in the coming days and weeks.”

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/robbie-neilson-shares-craig-halkett-27330866

7 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Can’t say Grant is a signing in overly excited about, I’ve never heard of him and at 27 on paper he looks not to have cut it at championship level in England after a couple of attempts. 

However, it sounds like he’s been known to Robbie and Joe for a long time and he also knows McKay so I’m sure his opinion will have been sought as well and they’ve done enough to earn our trust. 

I really hope he is like McKay and can unlock defences. Will also be good to have another dead ball expert along with Kingsley. 

Hate to say it but none of the players we sign bar the odd exception makes it in the Championship.Take one of our best players Kingsley for example.You have to take into consideration he was playing at a struggling club and it appears they were using him as a holding midfielder.

Bunny Munro

I'm another that thinks it'll be August before we get confirmation of Simms rejoining, one way or another. Hopefully the week before the Derby, hibs will shite themselves.

Really doubt we'll get him on a permanent deal though, although I'd like us to test Everton with an offer, maybe even up to £1M. I think we'll recoup it on him.

17 hours ago, Jamboj1 said:

A keeper, centre back, 10, shankland and simms the current plan 👍🏻 Players will be moved on over the next few weeks 

Great to see us still moving forward. 
When you said you had meant to have CM on the list, was that in addition to the above?

Those two upfront with the other slots filled with current levels of quality would put us in great shape. 

5 hours ago, Ruuuudy said:

again

Absolute shite imo atm. That Richarlison or calvert lewin will be off to match the fair play rules. Tosun is off to Besitkas i think and Rodon wont play again cos hes worse than shite. So Frank L will be looking at all his options. Not saying Simms wont be back - but to say today he has signed perm for us is a disgrace.

Disgrace 🤣

again

Absolute shite imo atm. That Richarlison or calvert lewin will be off to match the fair play rules. Tosun is off to Besitkas i think and Rodon wont play again cos hes worse than shite. So Frank L will be looking at all his options. Not saying Simms wont be back - but to say today he has signed perm for us is a disgrace.

A disgrace ? Jesus mate don’t go into the shed I’d dread to think what you’d make of that place and worry about the state you’d get into.  

This thread is littered with shite transfer itk postings, that may or may not be another one. 

mickycameron98

I would like an exciting striker to be added, someone who could be a fans favourite. A Mark de Vries type of impact.

again

Shots fired 💩🙈

Batistuta87
6 hours ago, Gav M said:

Did 9 youngsters not all get pro contracts last week?

Mind we've got a B Team to fill 

Aussie Jambo

ITK💩 yet again?

Every transfer window I use this same meme. Same same but 💩

20F40F35-B231-46B8-AF0A-CEA4696E0D6D.jpeg

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, Ruuuudy said:

again

Unless he signs today, then you'll be the disgrace!!!!!! 

RustyRightPeg
8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

One a week until September 1st? Nine more players?

I went on to say 9 might be a push, but if we’re moving 2 or 3 on and RN had been in the press saying he wanted at least 6 it wouldn’t surprise me if the right players came round. 

There is not a chance in hell Simms would be signing on a permanent deal. If he was available there would be plenty of championship club willing and able to pay many times more than we can. Wages and transfer fee. 

John Findlay

To ALL the club recruitment team.

I bet you all read this thread first thing in the morning, and have a very good laugh. I hope you do.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***