*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Jamboscanbevicius

Rowles could be an excellent signing. Good age, international breakthrough, and big incentive to kick on and develop with us!

If we can bring in the lad Neilson, that’d give us good options at CB. But much will depend on whether we keep Smith and whether we use Kingsley at LCB or LWB next season.

After his best season, I reckon we’ll keep Kingsley at LCB. Smith is really only backup now but a good pro and may help bring Nat on and provide cover. Hope he stays. 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

1 hour ago, Move On, Comrades said:

And while we're announcing the signing of an Australian international defender, Hibs are announcing a permanent deal for Rocky Bushiri!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Nut, no way, not buying it. Surely, SURELY they aren't that stupid?!? He looked absolutely comically bad!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Tamflogel98

Cameron archer would be ideal on a year loan , ready too break through at villa .. if theres business going other way of ewan simpson , possible upgrade on simms 

10 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

So what's his nickname gonna be?

Sausage, bacon, well-fired, crispy, morning, forward or bread Rowles?

Cairo, surely?

33 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Even if it went to tribunal, Dundee United wont get £500k. United are giving out that figure on the hope we will negotiate a fee with them.

You are probably correct however there is a set of guidelines I believe which give figures based on how long a player has been at a club and what the development fees should be.

These are only guidelines and both clubs must agree the compensation.

Bongo 1874
38 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Even if it went to tribunal, Dundee United wont get £500k. United are giving out that figure on the hope we will negotiate a fee with them.

Yeah doubt we would have signed him without doing due diligence. 

Dick Dastardly
18 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

Ham salad? 

9 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

🤣 🤣 🤣

The boy's absolutely toilet.

image.png.9121a93ab1220897c41d1be852ef2850.png

A permanent deal. He must be pissing himself getting that.

10 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Nut, no way, not buying it. Surely, SURELY they aren't that stupid?!? He looked absolutely comically bad!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

They have also signed McGinn for an extra year but said not in the managers plans

6 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Hibs statement saying it was triggered by a certain amount of appearances. :rofl: They don't sound happy to have signed him.

7 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

You are probably correct however there is a set of guidelines I believe which give figures based on how long a player has been at a club and what the development fees should be.

These are only guidelines and both clubs must agree the compensation.

That’s not quite true. There are specific ‘training fees’ in place which can be applied by a tribunal if no agreement can be reached between the clubs. They are structured based on age and time with the club. There is a maximum amount and I can’t remember what it is, but it’s nowhere near £500k. I want to say it’s just over half that. Might look it up later but I’m fairly sure we got the maximum for Paterson which was £275k at the time

17 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

🤣 🤣 🤣

A 3 YEAR DEAL :pleasing:

34 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

I am going with  'Och Kye The Roo'

Now where did I put my coat agian?

6 minutes ago, DB-14 said:

Hibs statement saying it was triggered by a certain amount of appearances. :rofl: They don't sound happy to have signed him.

Sounds like they have “a pretty efficient” person negotiating these deals. Wonder if Ron’s boy was responsible. I’ll bet they are seething on .net, either that or trying to put a brave face on it.  If that’s the standard of their signing policy I think I’ll put a few Bob on them being relegated.

4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

That’s not quite true. There are specific ‘training fees’ in place which can be applied by a tribunal if no agreement can be reached between the clubs. They are structured based on age and time with the club. There is a maximum amount and I can’t remember what it is, but it’s nowhere near £500k. I want to say it’s just over half that. Might look it up later but I’m fairly sure we got the maximum for Paterson which was £275k at the time

Yiou are basically agreeing with my first sentence and then saying it's not quite true?

Dundee Utd had to pay Rangers £204k back in 2014.

It is based on the number of years the player has been at a club from the age of 10.

Neilson is 19 so they will be trying to claim 9 years worth of Development Fees which is scaled as I understand it.

They may have probelms though if they have failed to have offered him a new deal as per the rules.

Although in true SFA style it is almost impossible to find out any information about how this system works.

No doubt that will be so they can make it up when it suits them to benefit certain clubs.

If the clubs fail to agree then it can and probably will go to a tribunal.

Салатные палочки
28 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

🤣 🤣 🤣

I wonder how the deluded masses will spin that one. He's bombscary as **** :laugh:

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Suppose it would depend on whether or not Simms wanted to come here his wee mate Beni did

Beni has said himself that until Hearts came in for him, there was no sign of any interest from any other clubs. He was clearly completely out of the picture at Everton and had he not taken our offer, he'd probably would have struggled to find a decent loan move last season and then been struggling this summer to find a decent deal anywhere. He's spoken about how grateful he was that Hearts had given him the opportunity and shown belief in him, and how determined he'd been to repay that, so I'm guessing he probably wasn't that hard to deal with from a money point of view. Simms' career is on the up and up right now, he got a new deal with Everton shortly before joining us, which I think has two years left, and with his loan spell with us having been pretty successful, he's likely to have plenty of options to choose from if he wants to move from Everton this summer. The likelihood is though that he won't want to leave them for anything other than another loan, unless he gets a stonking offer from somewhere. I reckon anyone looking to sign him permanently would need to be offering him well in excess of what Everton are paying him for him to be tempted. 

33 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

🤣 🤣 🤣

Mwwwaaaaaa hahahahahahahah hahahaha.  MMMMMMWAAAAAWWWWAAAAAAMMMMMWWAAAAAA!!!! hahaha

chortle

aw that was good.

Welcome Rocky

1 minute ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Beni has said himself that until Hearts came in for him, there was no sign of any interest from any other clubs. He was clearly completely out of the picture at Everton and had he not taken our offer, he'd probably would have struggled to find a decent loan move last season and then been struggling this summer to find a decent deal anywhere. He's spoken about how grateful he was that Hearts had given him the opportunity and shown belief in him, and how determined he'd been to repay that, so I'm guessing he probably wasn't that hard to deal with from a money point of view. Simms' career is on the up and up right now, he got a new deal with Everton shortly before joining us, which I think has two years left, and with his loan spell with us having been pretty successful, he's likely to have plenty of options to choose from if he wants to move from Everton this summer. The likelihood is though that he won't want to leave them for anything other than another loan, unless he gets a stonking offer from somewhere. I reckon anyone looking to sign him permanently would need to be offering him well in excess of what Everton are paying him for him to be tempted. 

Btw, that shows how good our scouting is

FarmerTweedy
4 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

Even if we finish third next season does Scotland's co-efficient still guarantee us the same scenario as this year i.e. group stage football oh and as long as a no mark wins the Scottish Cup we need to remember that.

Yes, next season Scotland will have the same Europa League playoff round spot to play for, and we'll almost certainly have it for at least the season after that too!

We do have to bear in mind it is the cup winners that are due that spot, and a 'no mark' does tend to win the thing more often than some of us tend to realise, so there's every chance that 3rd won't get it at least one of the next two seasons, and possibly both!

55 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

Roycie

7 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Take all the emotion out of it… what reason does Simms have to come back here?

He probably thinks/hopes he can still break through at Everton, even if he scores 25 goals for us it’s unlikely that would get him into the first team at Everton the following season.

He is maybe looking at getting a loan to West Brom or Middlesbrough where if he gets 25 goals and fires them to promotion he will stand out much more.

European exposure here would obviously be good for him too but he’s 22 in January so you’d think his next move will be crucial to the next stage of his career - completely agree he’s at a different crossroad to the one Beni was at.

36 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Not as much as us Hearts supporters!!!🤣

Fxxx the SPFL
10 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Yes, next season Scotland will have the same Europa League playoff round spot to play for, and we'll almost certainly have it for at least the season after that too!

We do have to bear in mind it is the cup winners that are due that spot, and a 'no mark' does tend to win the thing more often than some of us tend to realise, so there's every chance that 3rd won't get it at least one of the next two seasons, and possibly both!

cheers we'll just have to make sure we win the cup then.

Tommy Brown

Very different from last season.

I complained that we were into the seaon before we made the big ones.

Memory says we signed one player before the end of July.

Great to see early moves, hope it continues, then we announce Simms just before the first match as the encore.

37 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Yiou are basically agreeing with my first sentence and then saying it's not quite true?

It is based on the number of years the player has been at a club from the age of 10.

Neilson is 19 so they will be trying to claim 9 years worth of Development Fees which is scaled as I understand it.

They may have probelms though if they have failed to have offered him a new deal as per the rules.

Although in true SFA style it is almost impossible to find out any information about how this system works.

No doubt that will be so they can make it up when it suits them to benefit certain clubs.

You said it was guidelines. It’s isn’t. It’s enforceable set amounts if no deal can be reached. The clubs do not have to reach an agreement as you said. That is what the tribunal is for. There is no danger we’ll risk a tribunal for this guy IMO

2 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Joe Savage.  One of our best signings for many many years.

Very much this!

Building a successful team/club has to go right the way through from top to bottom. Ann Budge has seen to that and immense kudos for it! 

Looks like a very decent signing. I'm sure the other Aussies will help him settle in. Can't wait for his first average/bad game and the rants on here to say he's shite and shouldnt be anywhere near the 1st team 😡🤣

Nookie Bear
39 minutes ago, hmfcdaz01 said:

Take all the emotion out of it… what reason does Simms have to come back here?

He probably thinks/hopes he can still break through at Everton, even if he scores 25 goals for us it’s unlikely that would get him into the first team at Everton the following season.

He is maybe looking at getting a loan to West Brom or Middlesbrough where if he gets 25 goals and fires them to promotion he will stand out much more.

European exposure here would obviously be good for him too but he’s 22 in January so you’d think his next move will be crucial to the next stage of his career - completely agree he’s at a different crossroad to the one Beni was at.

I think this is probably fair.

If Simms had a choice of us and a Championship team that he believes may have a chance of going up, he is staying South.

fadetoblack

Central Coast Mariners fan here

You got yourselves a very handy CB, Pretty good at playing out from the back and pretty solid positioning wise. He has been playing in the top league over here for 5 years or so, and still at 23 got a bright future ahead. looking forward to see how he goes in the SPL. Wish him all the best

StirlingJambo
5 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

It's not just the £1m though it's the wages that comes with a £1m player do you honestly think his agent is going to value him at say a maximum £5k a week.I highly doubt it so we then have to totally feck up our wage structure which then has other players in the squad questing why they are in so much lower.

I agree however our wage structure is going to have to move the better we keep doing.

About other players questing why they’re lower, that’s part and parcel at every football team across the country.

Just now, fadetoblack said:

Central Coast Mariners fan here

You got yourselves a very handy CB, Pretty good at playing out from the back and pretty solid positioning wise. He has been playing in the top league over here for 5 years or so, and still at 23 got a bright future ahead. looking forward to see how he goes in the SPL. Wish him all the best

Welcome mate and thanks for the up date .................... just had a look at your forum and he seems a popular bloke

fadetoblack
Just now, Sooks said:

Welcome mate and thanks for the up date .................... just had a look at your forum and he seems a popular bloke

Yeah cant say a bad word about him he was with us in a time where the books where getting squeezed and never kicked up a stink put in the effort and really worked hard. 

1 minute ago, fadetoblack said:

Yeah cant say a bad word about him he was with us in a time where the books where getting squeezed and never kicked up a stink put in the effort and really worked hard. 

I need to ask though ............................. who is Ziggy and what on earth did he do that was so bad 😄 

Bongo 1874
Just now, fadetoblack said:

Welcome get yourself over for a game mate 👍 the more fans we have the better, we need to break the old firms dominance on Scottish Football. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

I could be wrong but I think if Utd had left their final offer as the one the gave him in February they would be due whatever fee is appropriate. I think where they ****ed up is that they offered him a final deal less than two weeks before his contract was up. 

Having heard Tony Asghar talk he strikes me as a bit of know it all without really having any football background, he did the SD course at Manchester Metropolitan University that guys like McCulloch and Weir did. 

Welcome to Hearts Kye.

Give 100% and the fans will love you.

We love players who care for the club, get the club and give their all.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, fadetoblack said:

Thanks for the info. 

fadetoblack
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I need to ask though ............................. who is Ziggy and what on earth did he do that was so bad 😄 

**** me... where do i start pretty much we finished 7th (which is outside of our finals system) when he left pretty much said i came over here to win trophies. went to Western Sydney Wanderers and pretty much rode the pine all season and faded out into oblivion . Was ok when he played here but nothing special wanted more money as well but didn't deserve it

Edited by fadetoblack
spelling error

5 minutes ago, fadetoblack said:

**** me... where do i start pretty much we finished 7th (which is outside of our finals system) when he left pretty much said i came over here to win trophies. went to Western Sydney Wanderers and pretty much rode the pine all season and faded out into oblivion . Was ok when he played here but nothing special wanted more money as well but didn't deserve it

Cheers he seems about as popular as Monkeypox right enough

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***