*** The official Heart of Midlothian vs Dundee FC Wednesday 09/02/2022 KO 7:45***

Scott980612

We need to go to a back four (until Halkett is back) and stick an extra man in the middle of the park, get Simms and Boyce to play as a front two and develop a partnership with McKay playing in behind them. 

Get Haring back in to the team alongside Beni and Devlin and have big Pete as the most advanced of the three with Beni and Cammy doing the leg work and providing cover when the full backs push forward. Pete has a good passing range and is always looking to pass forward, he will also chip in with a few goals over the season if you play him more advanced in a 3 with cover behind him.

I know the boss is a stickler for the 343 but with the injuries in defence at the moment and the firepower we have available up front it would make sense to move to a back 4, especially at Tynie. 

Players like GMS, Ginelly, Woodburn, McEneff, Halliday, Moore.....ect on the bench to shake things up should we need to.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Harry Potter

• Taffin

Hopefully we do what Rangers did yesterday and come back firing. There's no team I'd love to take it out on more than Dundee.

6-1.

I’m hoping that result was what a few players were needing. Likes of Boyce, McKay, Gino, Devlin, Cochrane, Moore just haven’t been good enough in the last few games. If you can’t get a reaction from that result then I worry about some of their mentality.

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

For the first time this season I am fearful that we will lose at home to shite.

Our team were woeful at Ibrox. I'm not sure what that does to a players/team's phycology. How does the management team pick up the squad for a midweek game so soon after being taken apart in such a manner. I say taken apart but it looked more like allowing them to take us apart!

Will he be able to motivate the players like GVB motivated his team after the heavy defeat to celtic? 

I'm not confident. I think Dundee will smell blood but I want to see if this management team/squad of players have the bottle. Big test. Lets see what what we are all about.

I know we have injuries but we are a 'squad' and should have enough quality to cover.

That said, I think 2 or 3 need dropped to the bench after that display yesterday!

Aye, Dundee will be smelling blood 

FFS :rofl:

Just now, graygo said:

Aye, Dundee will be smelling blood 

FFS :rofl:

Laugh it up. I've been supporting Hearts long enough to have seen it all before. 

44 minutes ago, Barack said:

I admire your optimistic view. 

Single goal struggling win, coming right up.

I'll take that. 😎 

22 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Laugh it up. I've been supporting Hearts long enough to have seen it all before. 

Come on, I've seen it all before as well but to say that Dundee will be smelling blood? They got beat too at the weekend.

Edited by graygo

27 minutes ago, graygo said:

Come on, I've seen it all before as well but to say that Dundee will be smelling blood? They got beat too at the weekend.

I'm fully expecting a positive reaction from Hearts but yesterday was a capitulation in anyone's language. Why didn't we have a real go? What does that do for your confidence going into the Dundee game? If you're a Dundee player and watched that I would be thinking lets go to Tynecastle and try and rattle Hearts.

I don't think Dundee has anywhere near enough to rattle Hearts at Tynecastle but I've been wrong before.

Lets see if Sunday was just a bad day at the office. I hope it was.

Captain Canada

Assuming everyone is fit:

Gordon 

Souttar Sibbick Kingsley

Smith Haring Pollock Halliday 

McKay Simms Ginnelly

Subs: Stewart, Atkinson, Moore, McEneff, Devlin, Beni, Boyce, GMS and Cochrane. 

I can't justify having Woodburn involved. We need to utilise the squad because we've had a lot of games recently. 

Tuesday afternoon.  I hope Sunday is forgotten by all.

Never going to keep up with the OF but clearly best of the rest who continue to take points of each other.

Convincing win over Dundee is expected.

2 hours ago, graygo said:

The dandy dees this season have lost 8 goals at home to dross county

😷🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣lets home they lose a few more at tynecastle👍🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🤞

1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

Let's be the straw that snaps McPakes back 

Blade of grass, surely? :thumbsup:

The defence yesterday was my biggest fear and so it proved. I think we will pass up chances here if it's the same. If Smith is fit play him in front of Moore. Cut out the casual play out from the back as well. Hopefully Souttar is fit, the guy is night and day to what we have got at the moment. Halkett one of the biggest misses and shows how much we miss him when injured. Got to try and get through the next few weeks without dropping too many points and still in the cup.

We_are_the_Hearts

Could maybe try starting on the front foot and get the crowd onside and even a glimmer of atmosphere? Doubt it but you live in hope.

1 hour ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Could maybe try starting on the front foot and get the crowd onside and even a glimmer of atmosphere? Doubt it but you live in hope.

Doesn’t sound like you do, to be fair. 😄

ranger's got a big reaction from their players yesterday following their midweek hammering, hopefully we’ll get the same. 

Ex member of the SaS

Wed could be a great night, we beat Dundee and go thirteen points clear if DD utd beat Motherwell. Hibs could drop to 6th due to the same result and Sevco beating them. Either way Motherwell will still be 10 behind if we both win so no harm done. Just need to get the team up for it and firing on all cylinders.

Any updates on Smith and Souttar's fitness? Even without them we should be too strong for Dundee. Both previous games against them have been close so we are due to give them a good thrashing. 4-0 Hearts.

Bazzas right boot

Hopefully the Dundee mgt team  haven't read the comments from the tactical geniuses on here and attack and press us from the start. 

There is no defence for that apparently. 

It will guarantee them a win. 

MR INCREDIBLE

Gordon.   
Natty.  Moore. Sibbick.Kingsley 

Ginnelly.Beni. Haring Cochrane

McKay

Simms

Tynecastlesmychurch

Our goal difference took a bit of a hammering yesterday. So it would be nice if we beat them 5 or 6 in response. Ultimately a win is a win. But I would hope we get a response with a performance as well as a thumping win too! Do that and for me the disaster yesterday is forgotten. (At least that’s how I feel anyway) others may naturally disagree!

Mind you I’ll most definitely be back to happy clapping if we win our next 2 or 3 games anyway!    

10 hours ago, jamle1874 said:

Gordon

Sibbick - Souttar - Kingsley

Atkinson - Devlin - Beni - Cochrane

Boyce - Simms - McKay

Yes please.

Gordon 

Sibbick Souttar Kingsley

Smith Beni Haring Cochrane

McKay Simms Gino

That's the team for me, will take a bounce back 1-0 win.

Pasquale for King
45 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Hopefully, Devlin isn't scared of monsters:-

Screenshot_20220207-225200_Gallery.jpg

Was that when he got huckled for drink driving?

Pasquale for King

He needs to freshen up the team with this being our 6th game in 22 days, Ginnelly back in with Simms also. 
Can we start well for a change or is it another shocker until the 60 minute mark. 
One nil win on a freezing night with a poor atmosphere,  sound about right?

5 hours ago, Led Tasso said:
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

He needs to freshen up the team with this being our 6th game in 22 days, Ginnelly back in with Simms also. 
Can we start well for a change or is it another shocker until the 60 minute mark. 
One nil win on a freezing night with a poor atmosphere,  sound about right?

Gordon

Moore Souter kingsley

Atkinson Beni Devlin Cochrane

Ginnelly Simms McKay

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Was that when he got huckled for drink driving?

Naw ... that was (allegedly) his on-line photo when looking for a Hibs burd to meet up with ... 

This one, if I remember correctly ...

Screenshot_20220208-020331_Chrome.jpg

As Rangers came back after an embarrassing doing by Celtic, so Hearts will do the same after their capitulation to Rangers.

A massive 1-0 win. 

James McPake, 19 May 2012 played 90 min in a green shirt.  The nadir of his ability.

Pasquale for King
9 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Naw ... that was (allegedly) his on-line photo when looking for a Hibs burd to meet up with ... 

This one, if I remember correctly ...

Screenshot_20220208-020331_Chrome.jpg

They’re like twins 😆

A lot of folk on here wanted us to go for Zak. Hope JS plays because I think he's best suited to keep him quiet.

I'm sure teams will have noticed by now how ultra cautious we are at the start of games and will adjust their game plan accordingly . If ever there was a game to put our predictability to bed it's this one.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Chillidigits said:

A lot of folk on here wanted us to go for Zak. Hope JS plays because I think he's best suited to keep him quiet.

I'm sure teams will have noticed by now how ultra cautious we are at the start of games and will adjust their game plan accordingly . If ever there was a game to put our predictability to bed it's this one.

He scored a good goal at the weekend, first time I’ve seen him I think. Looks like an upgrade on the thumb. 

Hopefully the fans will get behind the team and not target players on the back of a shocking TEAM performance on Sunday . 

We have the chance to get back on track , put another nail in dundee’ s relegation coffin and get a boost for Saturdays cup tie 

4-0 Hearts 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

14 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Hopefully, Devlin isn't scared of monsters:-

Screenshot_20220207-225200_Gallery.jpg

Think the money he has made in his career he could get them fixed 😂

It would be good to be able to drop some players but we don't have that luxury at present.

If Smith is fit I'd have him back in though. Haring also.