*** The official Heart of Midlothian vs Dundee FC Wednesday 09/02/2022 KO 7:45***

Scott980612

Strongest fittest team to start please.   Get the three points.   Gain more ground over the pretenders that are Hibs and Aberdeen. 

Of course I'd like a Dundee pumping.   Not just because I'm sore about today but we haven't given them a doing yet.  They are shit.   

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Harry Potter

• Taffin

Gordon

Souttar  Sibbick  Kingsley 

Smith                       Halliday

Beni     Haring 

GMS      Simms    McKay 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Two games without a goal is a concern but thankfully a home game against a struggling Dundee is a chance to regain momentum again. We know that doesn't always pan out for us but we need a big result, I believe we will put at least three passed an extremely poorly managed team at get back on course for third.

StevenNaismith

I’d like to see the following line up in a 4-3-1-2 formation

Gordon

Atkinson

Souttar

Sibbick

Kingsley

Haring

Beni

Devlin (further forward than the other two to win the ball back higher up the park)

McKay

Simms

Boyce

In this formation Kingsley & Atkinson can bomb forward with Haring & Beni filling in if necessary. Also gives us McKay and Devlin bombing about the defensive part of their midfield forcing mistakes.

17 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Two games without a goal is a concern but thankfully a home game against a struggling Dundee is a chance to regain momentum again. We know that doesn't always pan out for us but we need a big result, I believe we will put at least three passed an extremely poorly managed team at get back on course for third.

Drew a blank at ER and Ibrox - hardly a huge concern surely

Exile fae Main Street
3 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Gordon

Atkinson

Souttar

Sibbick

Kingsley

Haring

Beni

Devlin (further forward than the other two to win the ball back higher up the park)

McKay

Simms

Boyce

In this formation Kingsley & Atkinson can bomb forward with Haring & Beni filling in if necessary. Also gives us McKay and Devlin bombing about the defensive part of their midfield forcing mistakes.

Like the look of this Robbie (if only!)

14 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

This, I know we  have the best goal difference apart from the horrible OF but scoring goals have always been my concern tbh.

6 minutes ago, One five said:

This, I know we  have the best goal difference apart from the horrible OF but scoring goals have always been my concern tbh.

We have scored more goals than every team apart from the OF and Ross County!

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Drew a blank at ER and Ibrox - hardly a huge concern surely

I didn't say huge concern, I just meant we are creating chances but not taking them and that happened in two games running. I know they were high pressure games but ER come on we have to be scoring there. Simms will open his account imminently I'm sure of that given what we have seen from him so far.

Just now, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I didn't say huge concern, I just meant we are creating chances but not taking them and that happened in two games running. I know they were high pressure games but ER come on we have to be scoring there. Simms will open his account imminently I'm sure of that given what we have seen from him so far.

I agree we do miss too many chances

All roads lead to Gorgie
14 minutes ago, One five said:

There are goals there to be had from Boyce, Simms and also Ginnelly but Robbie will have to think carefully which games suit which paring best. Boyce and Simms didn't work well at ER. 

Burford Jamtart

Please not this stupid 3–4-3 system with no wing backs that are good at the wing bit and with centre midfielders that are poor in the final third.

Gordon

Smith  Souttar Sibbick Kingsley

Haring      Benigame

Ginnelly.       McKay.         GMS

Simms

3 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Souttar? Time Robbie came clean with the fans!

Agree. Its a nonsense now. Love Robbie to bits but the bullshit surrounding this is laughable. 

23 minutes ago, Cade said:

5-0 Hearts

Get right back to skooshing the diddy teams.

If we win 5-0, I’ll eat my hat.

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Wonder if mcjake will still be in charge by Wednesday. His interview on sports scene was embarrassing 

What did he say?

Horatio Caine
2 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

What did he say?

I think he is fearing the sack.  Was on about his three wee girls at home etc

4 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

What did he say?

Was going on about not worried about himself but about the club. Said preparing for tynecastle twice then was talking about his 3 wee girls randomly. Dundee fan told me rumours that he sends drunken texts to players slaughtering them

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Wonder if mcjake will still be in charge by Wednesday. His interview on sports scene was embarrassing 

a broken man. Shame. 
a bit like Shaun as well tbh

Edited by 1971fozzy

1 hour ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

He did against Motherwell - & should have added to it against Hibs.  I think he will do on Wednesday 😎

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

He did against Motherwell - & should have added to it against Hibs.  I think he will do on Wednesday 😎

Of course he did, my brain is a bit frazzled by today's result. 🤣

1 hour ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

There are goals there to be had from Boyce, Simms and also Ginnelly but Robbie will have to think carefully which games suit which paring best. Boyce and Simms didn't work well at ER. 

Maybe for this season mate I agree, but come next ? Boyce has seen his best year’s Ginnelly will have to stop hiding half the time and Simms probably away 🤷‍♂️

Hibs, Motherwell and Aberdeen all lost this weekend as did we but that’s the final trip to Ibrox out the road. No ground lost so no damage actually done in the quest for 3rd. Victory on Wednesday will increase the gap further as there’s no way these 3 are all winning. Aberdeen host Celtic, Hibs are at Ibrox and Motherwell are away at Dundee Utd.

all 3 likely to lose I’d say

13 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Pretty much this.

Crowd behind the team and a comfortable win sets us up for a tricky cup tie with Liv.

5 hours ago, davemclaren said:

In what way?

It's not Robbies fault a player attends training and claims injury...

Edited by dannymack

Straight back to winning ways please Hearts need to completely wipe that shite performance out our system. Any win will do me will snap your hand off for 1-0, just get a win.

8 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

Gordon

Atkinson

Souttar

Sibbick

Kingsley

Haring

Beni

McKay

Simms

Boyce

Looks good. I'm hoping Smith will be fit to slot in at RB though.

Dundee will sit in till we , the fans, start getting restless and when the boos get to a maximum they will get a sneaky set piece goal, then, through desperation, we will get an equaliser in the last minute with everyone RAJIN😡.

phew, now I’ve got that out my system I would say 2-0 JT’s.

Gordon

Smith Souttar Sibbick Kingsley

Beni  Haring

Ginnelly     McKay     GMS

Simms

Need McKay to get involved deeper through the middle and try to link the midfield to forwards.

Feel this would have been a perfect team for last night with a bit of pace and strength up front on the counter, Rangers were vulnerable at the back at times and feel Simms & Ginnelly could have made a difference from the start

Triple target on Wednesday.  Bounce back quickly from yesterday, get a win to stay well ahead in Europe race and make sure they stay bottom of league.  

For the first time this season I am fearful that we will lose at home to shite.

Our team were woeful at Ibrox. I'm not sure what that does to a players/team's phycology. How does the management team pick up the squad for a midweek game so soon after being taken apart in such a manner. I say taken apart but it looked more like allowing them to take us apart!

Will he be able to motivate the players like GVB motivated his team after the heavy defeat to celtic? 

I'm not confident. I think Dundee will smell blood but I want to see if this management team/squad of players have the bottle. Big test. Lets see what what we are all about.

I know we have injuries but we are a 'squad' and should have enough quality to cover.

That said, I think 2 or 3 need dropped to the bench after that display yesterday!

21 minutes ago, jamle1874 said:

Gordon

Sibbick - Souttar - Kingsley

Atkinson - Devlin - Beni - Cochrane

Boyce - Simms - McKay

This.

I think the system and majority of players deserve a chance to right the wrongs on Wednesday. It’s all about going into the Livi game with momentum as that game is bigger than yesterdays.

Nelly Terraces

Seeing how we only ever seem to play any game for 45 minutes I'm hoping it's the 1st half this Wednesday so I can sod off home at half time as no doubt it'll be baltic.