Atkinson

22games nro

4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Interesting comments from Ange. 

Celtic manager Ange Postecoglou will "look everywhere" for players as he highlights the impact of Hearts' Australian duo Nathan Atkinson and Cammy Devlin. (Scotsman - subscription required)

Talking up his fellow crims.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Sooks

• GinRummy

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Salt bae cooked at his table so don’t think he went for ur Wetherspoon steak and chips option

Spoons scampi and chips is good. Just saying. 

57 minutes ago, briever said:

Talking up his fellow crims.

😂 seems like it but we should definitely continue to look at Australian and Asian markets. We’re only going to grow as a club by bringing in players at the right age and the right price. If certain countries are overlooked a wee bit then all the better. 

jambo in iraq
On 15/02/2022 at 21:27, Newton51 said:

Salt bae cooked at his table so don’t think he went for ur Wetherspoon steak and chips option

Salt Bae did his thing at my table too, its not extra!

27 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Too early in his time with us. 

He should be given time, Aye for the impersonation of a professional football player.

Doesn't look great in a defensive sense but good goal though. At least forward thinking and trying to carve open chances unlike most of the others in our team.

****s sake this is a new low even by kickback standards. The lad has just came from the other side of the world and is still settling in to a new lifestyle and type of football.

The Vermin writing this pish and the Hearts support joining in need to have a serious word with themselves   ****wits to a man .

Still a young laddie rushed into the team because of Smiths injury.

not looked brilliant but not helped by Sibbick having a shocker at right centre half alongside him. 

What annoys me with him is his lack of taking a man on. If you read any interviews with him when he signed, he says he is attack mined and likes to take a man on.

so far, he is like Cochrane, both very negative, and always wants to turns back or inside.

Jambof3tornado
2 minutes ago, daftie said:

What annoys me with him is his lack of taking a man on. If you read any interviews with him when he signed, he says he is attack mined and likes to take a man on.

so far, he is like Cochrane, both very negative, and always wants to turns back or inside.

Coaching!!

Dont risk losing the ball Robbie tactics.

4 minutes ago, daftie said:

That’s not Cochrane or Atkinson or Smith. First game or so Atkinson and Cochrane were happy to try things then suddenly stopped. Beni looked for a forward pass but now looks for safest pass. 

If a player loses possession a couple of times the instructions clearly change. 

23 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Coaching!!

Problem is he usually looks likely to lose the ball unlike our more proven players and only rivalled by Sibbick and Moore

46 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Coaching!!

It's no different from any other teams site  that fans want the best fir their team .

I've sent my point to the wrong poster apologies in advance

Edited by jambocub
Wrong person

Jambof3tornado
22 minutes ago, jambocub said:

It's no different from any other teams site  that fans want the best fir their team .

I've sent my point to the wrong poster apologies in advance

No bother.

King Of The Cat Cafe
1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Coaching!!

I think we - as in Robbie - have looked at how teams like Man City hold possession, and try to emulate that.

I am not against possession football; the trouble is we don't seem to have the players to finish off those moves.  So much of our play is predictable, and telegraphed.  Even when we have players gaining possession in the box, they want to take too many touches and end up getting tackled or having their shots blocked.

Jambof3tornado
42 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

I think we - as in Robbie - have looked at how teams like Man City hold possession, and try to emulate that.

I am not against possession football; the trouble is we don't seem to have the players to finish off those moves.  So much of our play is predictable, and telegraphed.  Even when we have players gaining possession in the box, they want to take too many touches and end up getting tackled or having their shots blocked.

Too many times theres a good opportunity to move the ball forward but players like cochrane look for the easy/lazy/cowards pass and roll it back.

Glamorgan Jambo

The guy has probably never played on a surface like he encountered in Perth today. And he’s still getting to know his team mates.

A promising start given he’s played way more than would have been expected given Smith’s injuries.

3 hours ago, ramrod said:

****s sake this is a new low even by kickback standards. The lad has just came from the other side of the world and is still settling in to a new lifestyle and type of football.

The Vermin writing this pish and the Hearts support joining in need to have a serious word with themselves   ****wits to a man .

Its astonishing. We genuinely have utter pondlife amongst our support. 

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

That’s not Cochrane or Atkinson or Smith. First game or so Atkinson and Cochrane were happy to try things then suddenly stopped. Beni looked for a forward pass but now looks for safest pass. 

If a player loses possession a couple of times the instructions clearly change. 

Robbie was on about how frustrated he is by it before the game, it's not by instruction

How many minutes has he played with Souttar and Halkett together? Like 40 in Celtic game? 

Hopefully he gets used to his teammates and the league. 

I have my doubts but like his confidence. Sometimes it’s too much (he’ll make wrong choice in dangerous area) but potential is there. 

Once our form improves, so will his performances

9 hours ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Thats the problem, the extra yard. the extra touch in the box or close to it, have a shot, sometimes even passing back from the box,😮whats that all about.

11 hours ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Why do you think our players dont want to take too many touches in the box? Whats making them so nervous? What are the worried about? Is it Robbie? Or is it something else? 

• 4 weeks later...

Young Natty has been called up for the senior Socceroos squads for upcoming World Cup qualifiers.

Well done young man!

4 minutes ago, mayfield said:

Young Natty has been called up for the senior Socceroos squads for upcoming World Cup qualifiers.

Well done young man!

That's great news.  He will be thrilled to bits.  

He was really thrown in at the deep end when he had to replace Smith early on against Celtic.  He has pretty much stayed at the deep end with Smith's ongoing injury.

While I'm not well qualified to judge as I don't see many games, from what I have seen and read, I think he's doing brilliantly.

Im amazed that some folk think he’s a rabbit in the headlights and that there’s not a player in there.

Already been on numerous international camps and been to the Olympics where we beat Argentina.

Yes he’s probably still settling in, but he arrived at Hearts after dictating Melb City’s grand final win the prior season by being completely unplayable in that game in front of 20,000. He’s not easily flappable, trust me.

Bit more time adjusting to how he needs to tweak his defensive game and we’ll do very well out of him in a few years time.

He has looked a bit suspect defensively so far but I wouldn't be writing him off just yet, I think he looks. More than decent going forward, makes me think If he Is even a rightback or rwb to begin with ? He looks more of a natural right winger to me? As seen by the third goal where he rips the arse out of Jordan Jones to cross in for mceneff.

2 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

He has looked a bit suspect defensively so far but I wouldn't be writing him off just yet, I think he looks. More than decent going forward, makes me think If he Is even a rightback or rwb to begin with ? He looks more of a natural right winger to me? As seen by the third goal where he rips the arse out of Jordan Jones to cross in for mceneff.

Modern fullback I would say.He will get better defensively overtime but his main attributes are getting up and down the pitch and attacking

31 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Modern fullback I would say.He will get better defensively overtime but his main attributes are getting up and down the pitch and attacking

Yep I think it’s obvious what his flaws are and they are easily worked on by the coaching team. His attacking instincts and natural energy are more difficult to coach so I think we will see the best of him next season. 

5 hours ago, mayfield said:

Well done young man!

So that is the Australian national team coaches and management added to the list of people who should stop watching football then or maybe he is actually a good player

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Atkinson