**Official Heart of Midlothian v Motherwell Match day thread**

WDJ87

Shanghai Hearts
Just now, Byyy The Light said:

100%.

Best game for a while… it’s the final third he lets himself down at times… nose bleed inside the box again today.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Bazzas right boot

• Harry Potter

• Geoff Kilpatrick

1 hour ago, Tennant's 6's said:

For what its worth, that's what the leanne creighton (sp) said on the radio. That they were poor out of possesion, didn't press or track back and were slow in possession at times.

We should be going there with the intent on battering them

I thought Leanne (good pundit) slaughtered Hibs on the radio . 

Every time we went forward today we looked dangerous .

Can't remember having so many pacy , skilful players 

the Hearts way
Just now, Byyy The Light said:

100%.

Have to disagree,  he may work hard but there is loads of labourers in the building trade, hence why they ain't  tradesman.  He's not good enough for Heart of Midlothian fc   

In my opinion.  Onwards and upwards 🇱🇻 

1 minute ago, the Hearts way said:

Have to disagree,  he may work hard but there is loads of labourers in the building trade, hence why they ain't  tradesman.  He's not good enough for Heart of Midlothian fc   

In my opinion.  Onwards and upwards 🇱🇻 

Not many houses would get built without labourers though. 

the Hearts way
Just now, soonbe110 said:

None at all without tradesman and their apprentice!

1 minute ago, the Hearts way said:

None at all without tradesman and their apprentice!

Exactly, all types and trades required for a successful team. 

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Not many labourers would put a brick meant for beside the front  door through the roof 

Edited by James1874f

Just now, PTBCAL said:

What was the crowd today?

Quite a small away support tbh 

17,600 ish.  Remarkable that it was just a few hundred short of Wednesdays crowd with probably 6-700 fewer away fans. 

Great support from Hearts fans. 

1 minute ago, James1874f said:

Not many labourers would put a brick meant for beside the front  door through the roof 

The labourer in question put in some excellent rescues from tradesmens errors today. Tracking back in first half was excellent. 

the Hearts way
2 minutes ago, James1874f said:

Not many a top striker , miss penalties neither but it's a fact. You can't build a house with labourers alone, you need tradesmen! FTH HHGH Onwards and upwards 🇱🇻 

mrmarkus1981_1
2 hours ago, gowestjambo said:

Delighted with win, but very sloppy at times. Taylor Moore had a nightmare.

Winning Ugly has been a theme this season.

Thought that myself about Moore, a shocker. Delighted with the win though 👌

7 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

What was the crowd today?

Quite a small away support tbh 

17,600 including 500 Motherwell fans mentioned on Hearts TV.

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

The labourer in question put in some excellent rescues from tradesmens errors today. Tracking back in first half was excellent. 

😂😂 

the Hearts way
1 minute ago, James1874f said:

😂😂 

If the next generation weren't so fixated to their effing Xbox or PlayStation,  we could, actually have an apprentice, so we'd not need that labourer. To build a team or house 🏠 🤔  pmsl!

HHGH Onwards and upwards 🇱🇻 👍 

10 minutes ago, the Hearts way said:

If the next generation weren't so fixated to their effing Xbox or PlayStation,  we could, actually have an apprentice, so we'd not need that labourer. To build a team or house 🏠 🤔  pmsl!

HHGH Onwards and upwards 🇱🇻 👍 

Agree 

Good day for Hearts onto Tuesday ! FTH

Moore is not good enough.

Sibbick went from looking good to having a nightmare and back again. He seemed to hoof it when he had time and take too long when he had no time. Maybe just a bit rusty.

InternationalJambo
5 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Sibbick went from looking good to having a nightmare and back again. He seemed to hoof it when he had time and take too long when he had no time. Maybe just a bit rusty.

Please correct me if I’m wrong but I’m sure it’s first game in over three months? 

That Motherwell side came to boot us off the park but we stood up to it. A couple of years ago we would've lost that game. Not pretty today but a great win.

Apologies if already posted, just delighted with the mentality of the side today.

10 clear of 4th and 12 clear of that pish from Leith. 

Easy ****in peasy.

14 hours ago, fila said:

Trying to watch more games , as I’m a bit more excited with the performances and the squad , starting to make make  progress. Tonight might be a challenge tho, started  on the beer early due to the heat 😂

😂😂

20 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

The guys hardly played any football for months,  give him a break 

14 minutes ago, InternationalJambo said:

Please correct me if I’m wrong but I’m sure it’s first game in over three months? 

That's why I said he's maybe just a bit rusty

22 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

You’re Feckin at it or just clueless 

9 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

You’re Feckin at it or just clueless 

How ?

Moore is good enough ?

Sibbick didn't looked rushed at all today ? I did say he is probably rusty

Motherwell were hunting in packs, at one point they had 4 players chasing Boyce. If he had just managed to switch play we had 3 men spare.

Beat the press and we were straight through, we did it a few times but not enough 

9 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Motherwell were hunting in packs, at one point they had 4 players chasing Boyce. If he had just managed to switch play we had 3 men spare.

Beat the press and we were straight through, we did it a few times but not enough 

Think we could’ve beat the press a little better but we did it enough times to kill the game. Let’s not nit pick and try find negatives in what was a solid performance though 

Thought wee Devlin/Boyce done really well for their part in both goals today and Sibbick looks like he could be absolutely class for us.  Thought Motherwell were pretty good first half and made it really difficult for us without really testing Craig Gordon. 

Edited by gavvy

32 minutes ago, the Hearts way said:

Thought it was pishing doon with rain doon there ! ((:

Ooft. It’s never stopped. We got it bad yesterday. Torrential rain. My gutters were bent down with the weight of all the water. We are having some mental weather here. Supposed to be summer and it’s more like an Scottish summer. Worst summer since I moved here 20 years ago. 

Lets face it if a little luck went our way we would be cruising 3rd

That aside smash that filth in midweek and we will get that coveted place 

Think whats coming in the summer as well

All gid me thinks

FTH 

It was always going to be a physical battle today and we deserved the win.

I thought Sibbick was excellent and we didn’t miss Souttar when he went off.

Beni and Halliday best for us.

3 points in the bag regardless of how we played. 10 points clear. I’m happy as Larry. Bring on the hobos. 

1 minute ago, MTS1874 said:

It was always going to be a physical battle today and we deserved the win.

I thought Sibbick was excellent and we didn’t miss Souttar when he went off.

Beni and Halliday best for us.

you saw how much we missed halkett in the defence today

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

What me pretty pleased was noticing how rapid Toby is. 

We need some pace at the back…. and boy does he have it.

jamboinglasgow

I thought today in the first half we looked slack, it could be so many changes can have that effect (shown by Moore who I thought was ok but clearly rusty from not having played for a while, after a few games his passing and ball control will be better.) Second half we were much better, got the second goal and kept in second gear as we have so many games coming up its not worth tiring ourselves when the games already won.

The fact that Motherwell are our closest rival and yet they didn't look like beating us shows how far ahead we are others. Lets hope we can take this form and confidence into the derby, as a win against Hibs put us 15 points behind and mean they would be as close to bottom as they are to us (unless St Johnstone pick up a point midweek then they would be closer to bottom than us.)

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, OTT said:

Hardly, I want to see us push on and in every other area of the pitch we're doing great. our wingers/wide forwards or whatever the **** folk want to call them aren't scoring much. Getting more direct players there would help and GMS in particular has cost us points through his terrible finishing and will continue to do so until he's replaced. He's painfully inconsistent and for a player in his 30s, an experienced head, he should be bringing more to the table IMO. Thats hardly a controversial opinion. You miss chance after chance it bites you and puts pressure on your own team, which was why we drew so many games at the start of the season. We were playing well but not converting chances. 

We should never have been in a position where we are referred to as a promoted team. Its not like St Mirren or Partick rocking up and doing it :D An achievement no doubt, but lets be relative about it. Your post reminds me of Rangers talking about all their record points tallys following their climb up the divisions. 

Good post.  Pretty sure Rangers didn’t break any records in the Championship though.😉

26 minutes ago, Tales1874 said:

Think we could’ve beat the press a little better but we did it enough times to kill the game. Let’s not nit pick and try find negatives in what was a solid performance though 

Fair enough

Fozzyonthefence
20 minutes ago, Drew Wallace said:

Lets face it if a little luck went our way we would be cruising 3rd

That aside smash that filth in midweek and we will get that coveted place 

Think whats coming in the summer as well

All gid me thinks

FTH 

We are cruising third!

Thinks so but maybe a tad cautious after yrs of following Hearts 

Though the way things are going we are only gonny get better

Loving it FTH

15 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

You have high standards.

a player that could do that would be priceless. The bigot brothers would break the world record for a transfer fee to buy such a player as it’d guarantee them the title every year.

Absolutely high standards , I think all  top strikers expect they should be scoring every time  they take one . Reckon top players will be around 90% strike rate .

Also think we are top of the penalty awarded this season 

Holyrood_Hearts
1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

Give him a chance ffs!!

HeartsandonlyHearts

Hope we change our formation soon and stop being just a big, dirty, physical team of cloggers.

That’s what should be posted all over the Motherwell board from their fan base. 
What a bunch of hacking bar stewards.

The big mans position,   and  awareness, was a joy to watch  as he slotted  it away 

What a start  for that lad , brilliant 💗

20 minutes ago, fila said:

Absolutely high standards , I think all  top strikers expect they should be scoring every time  they take one . Reckon top players will be around 90% strike rate .

Also think we are top of the penalty awarded this season 

Agree. They should all expect to score a pen.

Need to verify stats of top players scoring 90% of pens taken.

basically we can afford Liam Boyce as our pen taker.

he therefore will hit a pen that’s inch (es) from going in.

we pay £30k a week, we get a striker more likely to score a pen - a la bigot bros.

we pay £200k a week and we get Harry Kane who scores 90% of his pens (and possibly even more than 90% of his pens).