Demetri Mitchell signs for hibs

wattie exploited

4 hours ago, lou said:

This rat stuff is tedious, if we had offered Mitchell a deal he would jumped at it, we didn't because we are covered in that area with better players, the guy needs a club and seemed to enjoy his time in Edinburgh, if we didn't want him why on earth would him signing for Hibs offend us??

Agree with you. Liked Demi, and he was great in his first spell, cracking goal against St Johnstone in the cup iirc. Seemed to lose his way in second spell, although we weren’t exactly world beaters at the time. 

Decent bloke, hope he plays well in a series of disastrous results for Hibs, where they ship 5-10 goals a game. None of which are his fault.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WheatfieldWarrior

• Pasquale for King

• martoon

• GinRummy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

He is - I had the exact conversation with a Blackpool fan when i first heard the rumour he was going to Hibs - I said Hibs were signing one of their ex players and we had a few moments of confusion as he thought it must be Gnando, who he rated. When he heard it was Mitchell he  gave it the usual 'could see there was a player there' but got injured then never contributed much after that, didn't seem fussed at all about him leaving.

Phew🤞🏻

Anyone saying he is shite is just saying it because he has joined Hibs. It was clear to see in many a game for us the boy is a good player. What makes me not give a shit he is at Hibs now however is that when we were struggling and really needed players to step up he was continually missing in action. We don't need that, we had enough of that sort. 

6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Anyone saying he is shite is just saying it because he has joined Hibs. It was clear to see in many a game for us the boy is a good player. What makes me not give a shit he is at Hibs now however is that when we were struggling and really needed players to step up he was continually missing in action. We don't need that, we had enough of that sort. 

:spoton:

been here before
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Mitchells time with us was right slap bang in the middle of your one man ikkle Pwincess hissy fit meltdown when you were in military levels of raging. Those glorious days of you telling everyone to boycott the club, to withdraw any retail custom, avoid hospitality, stopped your FOH contributions and all the rest of it. Meltdown after meltdown about "that woman" week in week out. Glorious stuff.

And yet you criticise Mitchell for being MIA. :rofl:

18 minutes ago, InternationalJambo said:

Technically brilliant with the heart of a mouse. 

Pretty much nails it. 

Bazzas right boot
40 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

The sort that downs tools, has no fight and goes in a huff when things aren't going quite right. 

:fonzie:

30 minutes ago, been here before said:

Mitchells time with us was right slap bang in the middle of your one man ikkle Pwincess hissy fit meltdown when you were in military levels of raging. Those glorious days of you telling everyone to boycott the club, to withdraw any retail custom, avoid hospitality, stopped your FOH contributions and all the rest of it. Meltdown after meltdown about "that woman" week in week out. Glorious stuff.

Oooft... 

2 hours ago, been here before said:

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

scott herbertson

Didn't rate him that highly myself . A few really good moments but too much shaky stuff.

Here is a video I found from 2018, all his contributions against Hibs in the one where Don Cowie got the winner, which I think gives a fair picture of both the good side and the bad.

If he's ironed out the mistakes in distribution and positioning, and retained his turn of speed, then he may turn out good from them. Certainly Kingsley in 2022 or Boyle in 2022 look much better players to me than Mitchell in 2018

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Didn't rate him that highly myself . A few really good moments but too much shaky stuff.

Here is a video I found from 2018, all his contributions against Hibs in the one where Don Cowie got the winner, which I think gives a fair picture of both the good side and the bad.

If he's ironed out the mistakes in distribution and positioning, and retained his turn of speed, then he may turn out good from them. Certainly Kingsley in 2022 or Boyle in 2022 look much better players to me than Mitchell in 2018

i think they intend play him right wing.  Dare I say he’s a perfect fit for hibs.. all flair, little substance.. no heart. 

Edited by kingantti1874

I think its indicative of the times that an ex  Hearts player signs for the wee team and nobody gives a flying 

Reckon we will gazump that signing in the next day or two

Eternal optimist , maybe, but confident 

scott herbertson
17 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

i think they intend play him right wing.  Dare I say he’s a perfect fit for hibs.. all flair, little substance.. no heart. 

He is very left footed as far as I can see?

Arthur Morgan
6 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

He is very left footed as far as I can see?

He'll be trying to cut inside I would imagine.

The thing that makes me not give a **** about this signing is that if he has signed for Hibs he must presumably have been offered to us first. If he is a big fat "no thank you" for Robbie and Savage then that is fine by me.

scott herbertson
24 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

He'll be trying to cut inside I would imagine.

Possibly, yes.

I've never been a fan of that and can't understand why managers would think it works, given they will mostly be having to control passes made to them from the left or over their left shoulder...

He is hardly a rat etc.  a guy making a living and not exactly done any harm. He was a loan signing for us and it never worked out 2nd time round and that’s really because he was criminally mismanaged by a joke of a manager.

nobody knows how he will do. He had talent for sure but was in a side here that included the likes of Hughes etc. 

Big risk for them as he was injury prone and he’s also joining a club with a ridiculously huge squad, shit players and a rookie manager. 

He might be good for them, he might be gash. Best way to sum it up is if you got told he was re-signing with us, would you be that excited? I wouldn’t be. We’ve moved up a few levels since those days.

1 hour ago, Arthur Morgan said:

@Bongo 1874 Didn't you say Mitchell wouldn't want to sign for Hibs?

Boy must be desperate mate, heard his agent asked us if we wanted him, we turned him down. 

Guest ToqueJambo

Great signing for the derby - for us. Mitchell knew we were the better club when he was with us before and he'll be even more aware of the difference now. Training in the cow shed will be some come down after our facilities and playing at Easter Road will be nothing like the buzz of Tynie. In the derby, a couple of mistakes and Hibs fans will be on his back - he'll be nervous as hell. Well done Hibs social media for highlighting his past social media posts to save Hearts fans doing it and putting him under even more pressure.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Arthur Morgan
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Boy must be desperate mate, heard his agent asked us if we wanted him, we turned him down. 

Ooft, taking our sloppy seconds. 

Just now, Arthur Morgan said:

Ooft, taking our sloppy seconds. 

We all know which team demi would prefer to play for, as he said Hibs who are they, he's hoping he can get his career back on track. 

Boy has talent, but I'm not sure Hibs are the right club for him. 

21 hours ago, lou said:

This rat stuff is tedious, if we had offered Mitchell a deal he would jumped at it, we didn't because we are covered in that area with better players, the guy needs a club and seemed to enjoy his time in Edinburgh, if we didn't want him why on earth would him signing for Hibs offend us??

You are spot on.He wasn't even our player for feck sake he had a couple of loans.Was the same when Sibbick was linked to them he played 1.5 games for us on loan🤣

Robbies right hand man
13 hours ago, been here before said:

Absolutely spot on. 

PeterHaringsPonytail

I remember him being significantly better as a left winger than a left back, which we were told how to play him by Man Utd. He looked lost there. But a left winger, in this league, he was good. He was a stand-out in many games for us as a left winger.