Brewdog - BBC Disclosure

Spellczech

14 hours ago, bobby bombscare said:

Yes, it is completely one sided. Laying off the gamekeepers, selling their homes and telling them their services were no longer required... only to then bring in contractors to perform population control because having "gamekeepers" wasn't cool or hip. All for the sake of replanting a "lost forest" with the wrong species of trees, planted too close together, with absolutely no input to/from the local community. Creating a massive forest that will only be to the determent of the local wildlife due to the overcrowding (meaning many species of birds, especially endangered birds of prey will not be able to use the forest to hunt, breed or nest. Meaning the few birds of prey that do reside there, will either move on or die due to loss of hunting grounds). 

All so they can put "carbon neutral" on their beer and students will lap it up. Meanwhile, in the background, there is a toxic work environment and multiple reports of bullying in the workplace. 

So, yes, my opinion is very one sided. Because the company is causing damage to a local economy and environment, all so they can masquerade as a cool, hip, environmentally conscious, modern business that treat their staff well. When in reality they are not any of those things. 

That's why I give my business to Stewart's, because they don't claim to be anything they're not. They're not pretending to be super environmentally friendly but they do make sure to play their part. They do not claim to be the best employer their is, but their staff are treated well and treated with respect. They also involve themselves with the local community and allow the same in return (especially in terms of their involvement with university brewing and distilling students). They don't pretend to be anything they're not but are a generally decent company. So brewdog can shove it. 

And it's stories like this, that it's right for the BBC or anybody else to expose what the real Brewdog company is doing.

I've spoken to a few people over the years who have worked with/for Brewdog and not one of them has had a single positive thing to say about them or James Watt, in particular.

All the stuff covered in this doc and the thing last year with them being outed as a toxic workplace is not in the least bit surprising. 

Less punk, more corporate pig.

• 9 months later...

They launched a huge campaign this morning about donating all profits from Lost Lager sold in their pubs during the World Cup to human rights charities. 

What they didn't tell people is they struck a deal in August with Qatar's government owned alcohol importer to supply their beers to hotels during the World Cup. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Shooter McGavin

BrewDog being involved in a totally hollow publicity stunt, well I never…

I’m going to go out and buy a crate of Tennents purely out of spite.

Oh, they also hate this World Cup that much that they obviously won't be showing it in their bars!!! 

Nah, of course they are showing it. I can also guarantee that 90% of the people won't be drinking Lost Lager and they know this. 

Horrible company.

Should concentrate on their own workers conditions and rights before virtue signaling elsewhere.

Not a bandwagon they won't jump on.

6 minutes ago, Homme said:

Horrible company.

Should concentrate on their own workers conditions and rights before virtue signaling elsewhere.

Not a bandwagon they won't jump on.

Unite have publicly called them out today. 

9 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Unite have publicly called them out today. 

Good, ask the families at Kinrarra what they think of Brewdog.

The Real Maroonblood
10 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

BrewDog being involved in a totally hollow publicity stunt, well I never…

I’m going to go out and buy a crate of Tennents purely out of spite.

Don’t lower your drinking standards.

On 25/01/2022 at 17:14, Jeffros Furios said:

None of it beats a good pint of Tennants lager. 

I dunno, I've never had a good pint of Tennants lager, or even Tennent's lager.

• 1 year later...