Brewdog - BBC Disclosure

Spellczech

On now. Let's see how this pans out.

I remember a similar one on the internet dating company Cupid a few years back. Wrecked the share price. KPMG audit found nothing, but that didn't get reported...

BBC do seem to take a special interest in this company.  Recently they have had reports on cultural bullying from the director down in order to sell a can of beer without the correct labelling in the US, and some scam where they advertised a prize of a gold can worth thousands when it was worth pennies.  I wonder if a BBV journalist has a gripe...

1 minute ago, Captain Slog said:

BBC do seem to take a special interest in this company.  Recently they have had reports on cultural bullying from the director down in order to sell a can of beer without the correct labelling in the US, and some scam where they advertised a prize of a gold can worth thousands when it was worth pennies.  I wonder if a BBV journalist has a gripe...

the beer in the usa is more that just incorrect labelling. they were not declaring ingredients that are not allowed to be used in usa

300 present and past employees signed a letter, it's gen.

I was listening to some of the girls being interviewed, they were advised not to wear make up or hang about after work, don't catch his eye when he's in town. Managers would have more guys on when he was in town.

He's a creep.

5 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

the beer in the usa is more that just incorrect labelling. they were not declaring ingredients that are not allowed to be used in usa

Oh i agree it is gen Milky. my point was that they appear to be generating a lot of interest from the BBC,  For what its worth, the management does appear toxic, just wonder why they are being singled out as i don't see a similar amount of stories about other recent ish start ups

In any event, I won't frequent the new bar i think they have in edinburgh, maybe the management is so toxic this has to be hammered home

Edited by Captain Slog

21 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

BBC is now saying that it was on the importer, not the foreign company, and 2016 is outside the 3 year statute of limitations on this naughtiness anyway...

Some of these allegations are pretty normal in fast-growing companies where the culture and controls fail to keep up...

Looks like some of the sleaze stuff against James Watt himself might stick though...Owning 500k of Heineken shares is an "ooft" too!

What is it the BBC wants? Brewdog to go bust? Seems like it.

making a big deal of "extracts" added to beer shipped to cover the period that their US brewery was not operational. Meanwhile, UK government passing legislation that allows US to send all sorts of poison over here. How long before chlorinated chicken? US mega breweries already brew the most awful beer under license here!

Big issue now about the CEO's amorous encounters in the US. I worked for US tech companies for just under 40 years. CEO of one (before he was married) was assigned 2 security guards on instruction from the board. Their main purpose was to keep his encounters out of the computer press when in the UK.

And of course, no public figure has ever used their position of power to take advantage of staff.....oh...wait a minute....

And there may be a policy of getting rid of your bottom 10% of performers every year. Wonder where that comes from?

James Watt IMO is a very lucky man!!!! (and no wonder we should stop funding shit like this)

5 minutes ago, Greenbank2 said:

What is it the BBC wants? Brewdog to go bust? Seems like it.

making a big deal of "extracts" added to beer shipped to cover the period that their US brewery was not operational. Meanwhile, UK government passing legislation that allows US to send all sorts of poison over here. How long before chlorinated chicken? US mega breweries already brew the most awful beer under license here!

Big issue now about the CEO's amorous encounters in the US. I worked for US tech companies for just under 40 years. CEO of one (before he was married) was assigned 2 security guards on instruction from the board. Their main purpose was to keep his encounters out of the computer press when in the UK.

And of course, no public figure has ever used their position of power to take advantage of staff.....oh...wait a minute....

And there may be a policy of getting rid of your bottom 10% of performers every year. Wonder where that comes from?

James Watt IMO is a very lucky man!!!! (and no wonder we should stop funding shit like this)

Mostly innuendo. Not one allegation of sexual mis-practice just apparent staring and bringing cute blondes on factory tours. Another BBC hatchet job against a fast-growing Scottish company. Worst allegation is that he owns Heineken shares...

Does look like Equity for Punks will see folk pretty much get their share price back....plus little else if they sell.

Probably want to speed that up after the program tonight......

21 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Does look like Equity for Punks will see folk pretty much get their share price back....plus little else if they sell.

Probably want to speed that up after the program tonight......

Investing in Heineken would have been the wiser option. :ninja:

9 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Investing in Heineken would have been the wiser option. :ninja:

I bought a bottle of Heineken with my sons name printed on it some years back from the brewery in Amsterdam. Must be worth loads now.....😁

42 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Brewdog "beer" is absolutely horrendous. I've had better pints from pubs that don't clean their lines than that shite.

I agree. Possibly my least favourite ‘craft beer’. Very gassy imo and I’ve tried several of their brews.  

1 hour ago, Nunya Business said:

Brewdog "beer" is absolutely horrendous. I've had better pints from pubs that don't clean their lines than that shite.

This one's a cracker

brewdog2.jpg

Edited by Ray Gin

44 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Find the whole thing strange that they keep going after them. They’re def gunning for Watt for some reason.

Don't you think its because he himself goes after everyone and anything? Clearly started off with the right intentions but the $$ signs have taken over and looks like he thinks he's invincible now.

The ceo of a business of that size deserves to be outed for what he has been up to.

My work hired them a room to “audition” for staff when they were opening the place on Lothian Road. I think every single male applicant had been cloned. An entire room of plaid shirts, sleeve tattoos, and beards. 

8 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Mostly innuendo. Not one allegation of sexual mis-practice just apparent staring and bringing cute blondes on factory tours. Another BBC hatchet job against a fast-growing Scottish company. Worst allegation is that he owns Heineken shares...

Stupid name should have got him hanged alone. BrewDog. :facepalm:

Byyy The Light
8 hours ago, Jambo92 said:

Don't you think its because he himself goes after everyone and anything? Clearly started off with the right intentions but the $$ signs have taken over and looks like he thinks he's invincible now.

The ceo of a business of that size deserves to be outed for what he has been up to.

Quite possibly. The guy is obviously a but I never see anything in these articles and programmes that justify the attention he and Brewdog get that doesn’t go on at other businesses.

Seems either a case of jealousy or someone getting built up then it’s decided too big for their boots and needs brought down a peg in true Scottish fashion.

Like I say, I’m not defending anything that goes on, but I find it bizarre they are singled out.

Trying to paint him now as a sexual predator based on nothing and the word of a few people who said he stared at them. 

Honestly thought it was an open secret that the BrewDog lot were shifty as ****. Don't think I've heard a good word about them from anyone who's met them. 

12 hours ago, Nunya Business said:

12 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I agree. Possibly my least favourite ‘craft beer’. Very gassy imo and I’ve tried several of their brews.  

Same here, I've tried many of their beers and most imo are not very good at all, although one or two are ok, but not worth the hype tbh, but then again hype is all they are about.

Howdy Doody Jambo
10 hours ago, Tazio said:

My work hired them a room to “audition” for staff when they were opening the place on Lothian Road. I think every single male applicant had been cloned. An entire room of plaid shirts, sleeve tattoos, and beards. 

They probably all had these puffy vapour thing's as well 

Rupert Pupkin

Brewdog eh...? They became everything they professed to hate..

The stories about them have been around a while.. Some are shocking.

I personally don’t buy their products anymore, was only two I really liked anyway, Layer Cake and Roaster Coaster.

Those were the only ones I found that didn’t taste like grapefruit..

I quite like some of their beers. They're certainly as good quality as Williams Bros and Stewarts, but we all have our own opinions on the different brews.

Their Lonewolf Gin is one of the better ones out there IMO and generally sold at a decent price.

If you're going after the CEO for being a bell-end then fair play, but I think it dilutes your argument if you say everything they make is crap.

3 hours ago, Rupert Pupkin said:

I personally don’t buy their products anymore, was only two I really liked anyway, Layer Cake and Roaster Coaster.

I had heard the story of the beer that was supposably brewed on the plane as being nothing more than a marketing ploy.

Incidentally the beer in question Speedbird 100 was actually pretty good, I got a can from a BA FO who got it through work.

IMG_20191224_170438.thumb.jpg.ee2f70177a7b8e0bf6bc5f3bbe020b59.jpg

bobby bombscare

After they bought all the land and decided to leave all the gamekeepers homeless and jobless, i vowed never to drink or buy anything brewdog ever again... so far i've stuck to that. Shame too, their stuff was pretty decent! 

23 hours ago, Smithee said:

300 present and past employees signed a letter, it's gen.

I was listening to some of the girls being interviewed, they were advised not to wear make up or hang about after work, don't catch his eye when he's in town. Managers would have more guys on when he was in town.

He's a creep.

Is this James? Hes an utter ***** , can’t stand the prick… Martin is just about tolerable as is James‘s wife. James is a ****ing arsehole. Had to deal with him a few times 😉😇

20 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

Find the whole thing strange that they keep going after them. They’re def gunning for Watt for some reason.

Maybe they’ve met the *****

5 hours ago, Rupert Pupkin said:

Try since they started out

2 hours ago, bobby bombscare said:

After they bought all the land and decided to leave all the gamekeepers homeless and jobless, i vowed never to drink or buy anything brewdog ever again... so far i've stuck to that. Shame too, their stuff was pretty decent! 

Thats a bit of a one sided take on what they did at Kinara isnt it? 

Jeffros Furios
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

image.png

Do like a good pint of Moretti but the only pub in the gorgie area that sells (or was)  it is the  Diggers 

And the Diggers pint is horrible ,  I know of 5 drinkers who think the same , very flat .

25 minutes ago, sadj said:

Is this James? Hes an utter ***** , can’t stand the prick… Martin is just about tolerable as is James‘s wife. James is a ****ing arsehole. Had to deal with him a few times 😉😇

Yeah, James

bobby bombscare
3 hours ago, sadj said:

Thats a bit of a one sided take on what they did at Kinara isnt it? 

Yes, it is completely one sided. Laying off the gamekeepers, selling their homes and telling them their services were no longer required... only to then bring in contractors to perform population control because having "gamekeepers" wasn't cool or hip. All for the sake of replanting a "lost forest" with the wrong species of trees, planted too close together, with absolutely no input to/from the local community. Creating a massive forest that will only be to the determent of the local wildlife due to the overcrowding (meaning many species of birds, especially endangered birds of prey will not be able to use the forest to hunt, breed or nest. Meaning the few birds of prey that do reside there, will either move on or die due to loss of hunting grounds). 

All so they can put "carbon neutral" on their beer and students will lap it up. Meanwhile, in the background, there is a toxic work environment and multiple reports of bullying in the workplace. 

So, yes, my opinion is very one sided. Because the company is causing damage to a local economy and environment, all so they can masquerade as a cool, hip, environmentally conscious, modern business that treat their staff well. When in reality they are not any of those things. 

That's why I give my business to Stewart's, because they don't claim to be anything they're not. They're not pretending to be super environmentally friendly but they do make sure to play their part. They do not claim to be the best employer their is, but their staff are treated well and treated with respect. They also involve themselves with the local community and allow the same in return (especially in terms of their involvement with university brewing and distilling students). They don't pretend to be anything they're not but are a generally decent company. So brewdog can shove it. 

Edited by bobby bombscare