• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Homme

• Factuer Moi

• Maroon Sailor

• Morgan

I sincerely hope this was not in the Bathgate area yesterday afternoon.

Such a horrendous thing to happen to a 13 year old. My youngest son is the same age. May Devin Gordon rest in peace, and my sincere condolences to all his family and friends.

There are no words that haven't already been said.

The loss of a life is tragic in itself, the loss of one so young is horrific.

Ending your own life at such a tender age is a tragedy that goes beyond comprehension.

Rest easy wee man.

Jambo's and non Jambo's....  dont suffer in silence, there is always somebody who will lend an ear, a shoulder to cry on, an arm to put around you...

What an absolutely tragic thing to happen. 

What kind of world are we living in when youngsters decide they can't face it anymore. 

Words can't describe how his family must be feeling. 

So sorry RIP Devin. 

We_are_the_Hearts
7 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I sincerely hope this was not in the Bathgate area yesterday afternoon.

Such a horrendous thing to happen to a 13 year old. My youngest son is the same age. May Devin Gordon rest in peace, and my sincere condolences to all his family and friends.

It was

Oh no.  Horrible.  Anyone who knew Devin looking in, please take care and look after one another and his family.

Suicide is a terrible disease in young men, don't know anything else to call it, but that's what it is and what is clear is that it's no one's fault and can affect anyone.

Bathgate academy are holding an assembly and supporting the pupils today. My daughter, a good friend of Devin is in bits as are all his friends, a few of them we spent time with last night.

Just seems like a nightmare. I can't stop thinking about the poor family. 

Edited by Homme

Malinga the Swinga

At 13 don't think I had care in world beyond when was I next playing or going to football. That was in the 1970's. 

World's a scarier place these days and this just seems a tragic waste of a life.

RIP.

1 hour ago, Shaggy2 said:

I’m with you re applause during games. Exceptional circumstances like this tragic event should not pass without a fan tribute and I’d encourage the club to push for an applause PRIOR to kick off with a few well chosen words from Scott Wilson so that everyone in the stadium knows why they’re applauding (I find a lot join in but have no idea why) and letting people know help is available.

RIP, Devin, such a tragic loss. 🇱🇻😢

Good call

This has hit me really hard as I have 2 teenage daughters and I see some of the peer pressure shite they go through.

RIP wee man, gone far too soon.

As a society we really need to have a word with ourselves when a 13 year old boy takes a permanent solution to a temporary problem.  We need to let kids be kids and get them help when they need it.

millerjames398
3 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

At 13 don't think I had care in world beyond when was I next playing or going to football. That was in the 1970's. 

World's a scarier place these days and this just seems a tragic waste of a life.

RIP.

Very true, i was an 80s kid, and the biggest problem i faced, was as you say gettin a game of football, and gettin the hearts games at the weekend..just an absolute head scratcher, that the poor lad, felt he needed to take such drastic action...

Maroon Sailor
22 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

RIP wee fella 

thoughts are with the family and also the train driver involved ❤️❤️

A few of my colleagues went on to become train drivers. I thought about it myself but this kind of thing put me off. I would live with those images for the rest of my life

This world can be unrelenting in its cruelty at times but that is awful news. I hope his family get some comfort from any tribute at Hearts next Wednesday. 

Devin was the boyfriend of my niece, she is inconsolable as you can imagine 😢 I never knew the lad myself but heard he was such a nice boy and nobody knows why he’s done this. He was at the game on Tuesday night as was my niece, and everything was as normal. Me my sis and my niece will be there on Wednesday and hope everyone in the stadium can give this young lad a great tribute. 

RIP Devin 🇱🇻💔🇱🇻

3 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Devin was the boyfriend of my niece, she is inconsolable as you can imagine 😢 I never knew the lad myself but heard he was such a nice boy and nobody knows why he’s done this. He was at the game on Tuesday night as was my niece, and everything was as normal. Me my sis and my niece will be there on Wednesday and hope everyone in the stadium can give this young lad a great tribute. 

RIP Devin 🇱🇻💔🇱🇻

Sorry for your niece's loss mate and thought to her and all your family.

You are correct in what you've heard. He is a good friend of my daughter and was always friendly and chatty when he hung out with a group of them in our house. A really pleasant young man who the family can be proud of.

Will be there on Tuesday too with my daughter and we will of course be joining in with the tribute.

A West Lothian lad.  All games in WLAYFC will have a minute's silence before KO as a mark of respect for Devin.

R.I.P.

2 minutes ago, Homme said:

Sorry for your niece's loss mate and thought to her and all your family.

You are correct in what you've heard. He is a good friend of my daughter and was always friendly and chatty when he hung out with a group of them in our house. A really pleasant young man who the family can be proud of.

Will be there on Tuesday too with my daughter and we will of course be joining in with the tribute.

Thanks buddy, such tragic news to hear this last night, can only imagine what his family will be going through and I hope your daughter is ok, it will take time for it to sink in with the ones closest to him and if any of them need help with any issues then speak to someone don’t let it build up, there’s help out there.

Fitzroy Pointon
2 hours ago, Largo said:

So sad for a 13 year old to even contemplate this, please if you have issues speak out .

Rest easy wee man !!

As sad as it is to say, I remember when I was 13 and I would never have spoken out or opened up to anyone about anything. 

I thought it might have changed over the years but it seems worse now.

It's all just so tragic. 

Utterly Horrific news, still trying to process this

Seems a few of us on here are lucky enough to know Dev personally

My lad was one of Devs close friends, they have season tickets together in the Wheatfield and play in the same Juniors team....just good mates together at school and football.

Have taken Dev to many home and away games and love the lad - he just loved playing the game and following Hearts

Heartbroken at the news

Their Juniors game has been postponed this weekend and we off to meet all the boys at training tonight so they can all see each other and hopefully talk between themselves...they need to open up about this

He was his usual self on Tuesday night, planning more away games and hospitality...even joking about seeing if he would be allowed an away Euro trip with us when we qualify..!

There are more questions than answers I guess...wished he had talked to us

Sleep tight Fella ....will miss you dearly

Takeshi kovac

Absolutely terrible news, condolences to his family and friends. I didn’t know him but live close by and saw a lot of his friends congregated in Bathgate today can’t image what his family are going through. RIP wee man

Maroon Sailor
58 minutes ago, garybwick said:

RIP Devin, thoughts to everyone who knew him, so much pressure on young people now, what a tragedy 😔

Too many people are under constant pressure no matter what age group.

Life is too fast and demanding at times.