Fantastically bad game of football

Tazio

To break up all the serious chat on the board here are the highlights of a game from the Isthmian League. Quite a lot of football edited down to 2’00”. It’s got it all, dreadful misses, shockingly bad skill, fights, and then the cherry on top, a very “special” tackle around the 1’30” mark. You’ve got to love lower league games. 

9 minutes ago, Tazio said:

To break up all the serious chat on the board here are the highlights of a game from the Isthmian League. Quite a lot of football edited down to 2’00”. It’s got it all, dreadful misses, shockingly bad skill, fights, and then the cherry on top, a very “special” tackle around the 1’30” mark. You’ve got to love lower league games. 

How many were sent off??

Should have ended 5 a side

Martin Boyle obviously involved as the "diving coach""

The last chance and the one where the boy seemed to faint just before shooting were the best/worst.

Sort of reminded me of one or two of our away games in early 2021. Ayr in particular. 😄

That first rammy where the blue team player shoved the red team player right into his pals coupon then started shoving him about again like that was his fault. :rofl:

Also what's with the Scotland flag flying high behind the stand behind the right hand goal? It's in Brighton FFS. :lol: 

2 hours ago, Tazio said:

sid.png.4cf76cc29aeeb9a2b87b27154191f38c.png

default_smilies_rofl.gif

jamboinglasgow
2 hours ago, Locky said:

That first rammy where the blue team player shoved the red team player right into his pals coupon then started shoving him about again like that was his fault. :rofl:

Also what's with the Scotland flag flying high behind the stand behind the right hand goal? It's in Brighton FFS. :lol: 

Was just about to post that, how on earth did that player think the ref would send the other guy off. The diving in that game is something awful. 

That tackle is mental, but the player seems to be protesting to the ref that he got the ball, despite never going near the ball. 

Boyces beard
2 hours ago, Tazio said:

🤣:biglaugh::clubbed:

3 hours ago, Locky said:

Rammy :rofl: 

Are you sure you’re only 28 or thereabouts, Locks?

That’s an old expression there.

No wonder I love you, mate.  👍

7 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Rammy :rofl: 

Are you sure you’re only 28 or thereabouts, Locks?

That’s an old expression there.

No wonder I love you, mate.  👍

Rammy is a great word. :2thumbsup:

I'm very true to my roots in my choice of language. 😘

3 minutes ago, Locky said:

I bet you say ‘stramash’?

I bloody well bet you do!  😍

21 minutes ago, Locky said:

🤣🤣👌🏻

51 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I bet you say ‘stramash’?

I bloody well bet you do!  😍

I actually do. :lol: 

34 minutes ago, sadj said:

🤣🤣👌🏻

Bet you've got some right old words up there. ;) 

been here before
5 hours ago, Tazio said:

Thats just wummins fitba with testosterone added.

16 minutes ago, Locky said:

I actually do. :lol: 

Bet you've got some right old words up there. ;) 

Ahhh , the only words i have in my vocabulary that are local colloquialism’s are interchangeable “locky” and “^^^^isac***” 😘

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Ahhh , the only words i have in my vocabulary that are local colloquialism’s are interchangeable “locky” and “^^^^isac***” 😘

:lol: 

Fine translation.

Football at its finest.

I'd take all that than a shoved down my throat sky sports tie between Norwich and Burnley any day.

I P Knightley
On 04/01/2022 at 18:05, Tazio said:

If you've got a moment, have a read of the report on the home team's website. Absolutely barking mad!

https://whitehawkfc.com/five-shown-red-in-bewildering-loss-to-three-bridges/

I P Knightley
7 minutes ago, sadj said:

Thats some piece of emmm i use the term writing loosely….

Something to which Chick Young can only aspire.

29 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Something to which Chick Young can only aspire.

Change 1916 for 1690 and hed claim ownership

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

How are they all so ****ing angry? About every coming together resulted in total rage from at least one player 😄

When I lived in a shitehole home county for a few years in the mid-90s, this was the level of football on offer.

I don't remember it being as bad as in that video.

The grounds were always a laugh; old railway sleepers piled up behind each goalmouth acting as terracing, fans changing ends at half time, portacabins being used for dressing rooms/club bar; perhaps a single, lonely bit of seated, covered stand for the club directors to hunker down in.

£5 would buy you a ticket into the ground and a massive half-pounder burger with onions from a van which was the only catering on offer.

Tonbridge Angels was my local team back then; they're currently one league above the mentalists in the video on this thread.

They were in the Isthmian Premier Division for ages before finally getting promoted to the National League South after beating the Met Police team 3-2 in a single-leg playoff, an extra time winner away from home sealing the deal.

Longmead Stadium has actually been improved since I was resident in the area.

Capacity 3,000.

720 seated.
clubhouse-side-longmead-stadium-tonbridg

2547-360.jpgmain-stand-longmead-stadium-tonbridge-an

The radges in the video were so radge because they're 13th and 14th in their table and fighting for every point.

Magic Numbers

My gawd that's funny, especially loved the bit at 40s when one blue guy shoved the wee no4 into the blue 11 who pats the back of no4's head, only for him to wait a second and fall down a-la-Boyle, fantastic!

On 04/01/2022 at 18:05, Tazio said:

Thanks for that! 

I haven't laughed as much as that for weeks.

On 04/01/2022 at 21:02, jamboinglasgow said:

Was just about to post that, how on earth did that player think the ref would send the other guy off. The diving in that game is something awful. 

That tackle is mental, but the player seems to be protesting to the ref that he got the ball, despite never going near the ball. 

He got both balls tbf 😀

Edited by WDJ87

Jack Torrance
21 hours ago, Cade said:

When I lived in a shitehole home county for a few years in the mid-90s, this was the level of football on offer.

The grounds were always a laugh; old railway sleepers piled up behind each goalmouth acting as terracing, fans changing ends at half time, portacabins being used for dressing rooms/club bar; perhaps a single, lonely bit of seated, covered stand for the club directors to hunker down in.

£5 would buy you a ticket into the ground and a massive half-pounder burger with onions from a van which was the only catering on offer.

Tonbridge Angels was my local team back then; they're currently one league above the mentalists in the video on this thread.

They were in the Isthmian Premier Division for ages before finally getting promoted to the National League South after beating the Met Police team 3-2 in a single-leg playoff, an extra time winner away from home sealing the deal.

Capacity 3,000.

720 seated.

The radges in the video were so radge because they're 13th and 14th in their table and fighting for every point.

A half-pounder burger you say?

:sadrobbo:

Edited by Jack Torrance

I P Knightley
21 hours ago, Cade said:

Capacity 3,000.

720 seated.

I'm doing a tour of that sort of ground this season as one of my sons is playing Isthmian league. That looks like one of the better grounds/pitches; there isn't half some shite grounds on offer for supposed "semi-professional" football.

Not come across a half pound burger at any of the grounds yet. I still balk at being asked to pay a fiver to watch my own son play :(

Well the big main stand with blue seats wasn't there when I lived down there, and neither were the two stands behind the goals.

Seems that progress comes to every ground, eventually, even in non-league football.

It was a cheap way to entertain your kids of a weekend. Drop them off at 2pm, pick them up at 5.

Five quid for getting the kids out of your hair for three hours. Bargain.

On 05/01/2022 at 20:00, I P Knightley said:

If you've got a moment, have a read of the report on the home team's website. Absolutely barking mad!

https://whitehawkfc.com/five-shown-red-in-bewildering-loss-to-three-bridges/

I think everyone who loved the video should have a look at this. It's reminding me of the old early 20th century Hearts reports you find on the London Hearts site - I get it they've done this on purpose, but it really is magnificent. Either that or they are just as crazy as the players! Great find mate!

ahem,

"Nevertheless, it is he who will be celebrating at the referee’s final whistle. Mystified by the previous two hours, the faces of the fans who streamed towards the exit were one of puzzlement. Shall we laugh? Shall we cry? Do both, let the saudade tears flow through the streets of Brighton. And remember this not as a game of football, but as a metaphor to all the past bloody battles this world has seen. Here’s praying to the sporting Gods above that what was witnessed beneath the six bright white lights of Whitehawk on Monday, January 3rd will never, ever happen again" - is magnificent.

Edited by Birregrande

That's a glorious watch.

The protesting of the tackle and the miss at the end 😄

The guys attempt on goal 47 secs in was also a laugh out loud moment.

Liquid football.