Washing machine problems

JudyJudyJudy

JudyJudyJudy

Hi

can anyone recommend someone who fixes washing machines or is there any links to sites which may help? . Basically the machine just keeps repeating its cycle and the clothes come out eventually After about 5 hours .    the spin doesn't appear to work either so they come out soaking wet.

Thanks in advance. 

J

Just now, JamesM48 said:

I was going to try and fix it myself but its proving quite difficult really. 

That was my first plan. Normally quite handy with appliances and cars.

But it’s an integrated appliance. Had to near enough take the whole thing apart to get to the back of it. Could I have done it? Definitely, but the hassle definitely was worth having someone else do it. 

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, gjcc said:

That was my first plan. Normally quite handy with appliances and cars.

But it’s an integrated appliance. Had to near enough take the whole thing apart to get to the back of it. Could I have done it? Definitely, but the hassle definitely was worth having someone else do it. 

I just like the challenge ! YouTube can be a great help but I think it’s beyond that ! 

8 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Hi

can anyone recommend someone who fixes washing machines or is there any links to sites which may help? . Basically the machine just keeps repeating its cycle and the clothes come out eventually After about 5 hours .    the spin doesn't appear to work either so they come out soaking wet.

Thanks in advance. 

J

try cleaning the filter.It will be at the bottom front of the machine

Harry Potter
8 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Hi

Thanks in advance. 

J

be the main electronic module, if over 3 years old get a new machine.

8 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Chuck it out and buy a new one. That brief spell of having something brand new is a fantastic feeling. 

Yip, throw it away and buy a new one in the sales. Probably cost you nearly £100 to get it fixed 

The Real Maroonblood
8 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Chuck it out and buy a new one. That brief spell of having something brand new is a fantastic feeling. 

I really pushed the boat out and got Mrs TRM a new fitted kitchen for Xmas.

All these new appliances.😃

48 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Nice new shiny stuff is great. 

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Nice new shiny stuff is great. 

Aye, she's really pleased.

A happy woman and all that.☺

JudyJudyJudy

Thanks for the advice. I actually just think Ill just buy a new one. Its a new year. New start and all and new washing machine. Its so exciting lol  Checked online and they are relatively cheap and can be delivered tomorrow and they take away the old one. Btw I think ive had the current one for well for over 10 years. Surely not ? 

2 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Wait until they break and you try and getbthem

out. Finally managed to get a wine chiller replaced just before Xmas but it was hard work. Basically fitted too tight and one of the legs at the back wouldn’t rise ( been in the one position for 8 years. ) so had to cut it , which was a challenge. 

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, davemclaren said:

Wait until they break and you try and getbthem

out. Finally managed to get a wine chiller replaced just before Xmas but it was hard work. Basically fitted too tight and one of the legs at the back wouldn’t rise ( been in the one position for 8 years. ) so had to cut it , which was a challenge. 

That's always the danger with fitted kitchens. 

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

That's always the danger with fitted kitchens. 

The new one is intentionally fitted a bit less tight so should help me, or my successor, when it does go. 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The new one is intentionally fitted a bit less tight so should help me, or my successor, when it does go. 

👍

16 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Hi

Thanks in advance. 

J

Hi James,

we have a friend over here who maintains that if it's the motherboard of the machine that is the problem, then it's time to buy a new washing machine.  The motherboard is by far the most expensive part of the machine, so not worth getting fixed.

6 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Aye, she's really pleased.

A happy woman and all that.☺

Did you buy your dentist a fitted kitchen?

:biggrin:

JudyJudyJudy
39 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Hi James,

we have a friend over here who maintains that if it's the motherboard of the machine that is the problem, then it's time to buy a new washing machine.  The motherboard is by far the most expensive part of the machine, so not worth getting fixed.

Hi Morgan I had a washing in it today but its still playing up so deck that. I tried cleaning the filter. So ive just bought a new one online. Why not.,? Give myself a treat. Cheer up miserable January. :) 

2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Hi Morgan I had a washing in it today but its still playing up so deck that. I tried cleaning the filter. So ive just bought a new one online. Why not.,? Give myself a treat. Cheer up miserable January. :)

Good for you!

Anything that keeps ones pecker up is a grand idea.

JudyJudyJudy
8 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Good for you!

Anything that keeps ones pecker up is a grand idea.

FFEB0480-DB67-440E-A7FA-DF4319D6EC1E.gif

Harry Potter
On 04/01/2022 at 10:59, JamesM48 said:

Thanks for the advice. I actually just think Ill just buy a new one. Its a new year. New start and all and new washing machine. Its so exciting lol  Checked online and they are relatively cheap and can be delivered tomorrow and they take away the old one. Btw I think ive had the current one for well for over 10 years. Surely not ? 

Had the machine for that time is a miracle, i use a machine clean sachet at 90 C every 3 weeks to stop the build up

of residue, low temp washes is not good for the machine.

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Had the machine for that time is a miracle, i use a machine clean sachet at 90 C every 3 weeks to stop the build up

I think so too . There is zero stink from it either but I just decided to buy a new one. Im excited :) 

15 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

I've never done that, I'll buy some and start doing it. Maybe too late for this machine but it wasn't something I knew about. Thanks HP 👍👍

Harry Potter
12 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I think so too . There is zero stink from it either but I just decided to buy a new one. Im excited :) 

Enjoy bud.

Harry Potter
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

I've never done that, I'll buy some and start doing it. Maybe too late for this machine but it wasn't something I knew about. Thanks HP 👍👍

Amazon, 12 sachets for 14.99, has gone up in price like everything else. still worth it though.

Sometimes we do 3 washes a day,mostly 30 C , not good.

Just now, Harry Potter said:

Amazon, 12 sachets for 14.99, has gone up in price like everything else. still worth it though.

Thanks! I don't do that many washes but I'm also a 30 C man.

JudyJudyJudy
9 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Enjoy bud.

5 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

They sound good 

3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Thanks! I don't do that many washes but I'm also a 30 C man.

I do most washes at a low temp for environmental reasons and only do one per week if i can get away with it. 

1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

I use something similar that I got from the door to door folk Kleeneze (sp) only it’s a liquid. Had it for years. It doesn’t really have instructions with it though and I always just uses it at 40 C. Is 90 better for the machine?

7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I use something similar that I got from the door to door folk Kleeneze (sp) only it’s a liquid. Had it for years. It doesn’t really have instructions with it though and I always just uses it at 40 C. Is 90 better for the machine?

I've used the Detol one, also a liquid,  which says to use it at 60°C.

1 minute ago, Lemongrab said:

I've used the Detol one, also a liquid,  which says to use it at 60°C.

Cheers. The one I have seems to do the job at 40 but I’m guessing the bottle came with a box with instructions on it that I don’t have. Will try it at 60 and see how that goes. 

Harry Potter
50 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Its a case of the higher temp dissolving any remaining washing liquid that has stuck to the machine,

this is when you might get drum problems, all that sticky gunge fouling up the drum drive bearing .

my wife says the washing liquid manufacturers have removed an ingredient that stopped fouling at low temps in the past, dont know how much truth is in that but it is a possibility.

Certainly go for the 60C clean that will get you better results.

34 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Its a case of the higher temp dissolving any remaining washing liquid that has stuck to the machine,

this is when you might get drum problems, all that sticky gunge fouling up the drum drive bearing .

my wife says the washing liquid manufacturers have removed an ingredient that stopped fouling at low temps in the past, dont know how much truth is in that but it is a possibility.

Certainly go for the 60C clean that will get you better results.

Cheers 👍

The Real Maroonblood
5 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Never did this yet we do it for the dishwasher. 

All new appliances so must do. 

Good tip.

Thanks Harry. 

JudyJudyJudy

They sound good must look them out 

Worthing Jambo

You should be on commission!

Just ordered some(ADK?). 👍

It's the sad world nowadays that appliances are not cost effective to repair.

Our washer packed in after a decent life.

I did ask about a repair as I am totally against things going in the skip.

It was going to be around £200. 

Not sure how well stripped down any appliance is, when sent to refuse centres.

Had a tv that packed up after 2 years, went back to my original LG (still have, but ugly bugger) and eventually found someone who put in a new power supply. Got another  4 years out of it. But most folk would have binned it.

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

It's the sad world nowadays that appliances are not cost effective to repair.

Our washer packed in after a decent life.

I did ask about a repair as I am totally against things going in the skip.

It was going to be around £200. 

Not sure how well stripped down any appliance is, when sent to refuse centres.

Had a tv that packed up after 2 years, went back to my original LG (still have, but ugly bugger) and eventually found someone who put in a new power supply. Got another  4 years out of it. But most folk would have binned it.

It seems to be that a lot of these are hardly worth repairing because of the cost.

A Boy Named Crow

You know when there's a thread on here,  where you know from the title that it's not something you'd ever bother with?

This was one of those threads

Then

I came home steaming

I thought,  why not, what's the worst that could happen?

But **** me,  this is easily up there with the worst threads on kickback.  A thread about a broken washing machine, that's actually about A BROKEN WASHING MACHINE!!!

Weak sauce...

This place used to be fun 😂

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

You know when there's a thread on here,  where you know from the title that it's not something you'd ever bother with?

Then

I came home steaming

But **** me,  this is easily up there with the worst threads on kickback.  A thread about a broken washing machine, that's actually about A BROKEN WASHING MACHINE!!!

Weak sauce...

Could be worse that it was the topic of conversation in a pub.

A Boy Named Crow
1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Could be worse that it was the topic of conversation in a pub.

Ha, at least there'd be no chance of me eavesdropping on this conversation in the pub.  Committing it to a forum like this opens up the banality to a global audience!

The Real Maroonblood
12 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

Ha, at least there'd be no chance of me eavesdropping on this conversation in the pub.  Committing it to a forum like this opens up the banality to a global audience!

:laugh2:

With my circle of mates and our age sometimes it's medical issues that are discussed in the pub.😭

A Boy Named Crow
18 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

With my circle of mates and our age sometimes it's medical issues that are discussed in the pub.😭

This would be as great time for me to fill you in on the deeply mind bending, seriously edifying, scintillating topics of conversation we covered in the pub this arvo...****ed if I can remember though 😂

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

This would be as great time for me to fill you in on the deeply mind bending, seriously edifying, scintillating topics of conversation we covered in the pub this arvo...****ed if I can remember though 😂

JudyJudyJudy
7 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

Then

I came home steaming

Weak sauce...

Listen its kept   me off the coronavirus thread.  Thats no bad thing. :) 

image-23-10-21-06-58-14.gif