Tsuyoshi Ogashiwa - 800k Euro bid

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Bobby Collins was 5' 3" . Jimmy Johnstone was 5' 4", joe Harper was 5' 6" I think Robbo was 5'7". 

This Guy looks like he's built like a brick s*******se too. a bit like Maradona who was 5'5"

Edited by upgotheheads

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• Bongo 1874

• JamboAl

Just now, Rick Sanchez said:

I love a player that plays on the shoulder and hassles a defender for 90 mins. Most defenders in this league can't concentrate for 90 mins.

Kyogo is a dick but we'd all take him ability wise.

👏

Bazzas right boot
13 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Everything about this seems mental, given the boy we got from Man City was absolutely shite.

Worst post on the Internet. 

What has Meshino got to do with this? 

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Worst post on the Internet. 

What has Meshino got to do with this? 

Rather than jump on the 'racism' card, I'd suggest he was meaning the last player (meshino) we had from the jleague wasn't exactly great and to hold ones expectations. 

For what it's worth, Leigh Griffiths is extremely small. Definitely smaller than what his wiki says. 

He has proven to be decent in the SPFL. 

Bazzas right boot
13 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Looks more like an inside forward/supporting striker than a number 9 CF. Also looks rapid. 

There had been talk of a Japanese forward tbf so may be something in it. Well see, pinch of salt required at the moment.

My thinking to. 

We must be going to 2 uptop if he's playing? 

He doesn't look like a lone striker and the type who holds the ball up, more "of the should type" who will also assist more. 

Looks a clever player. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Rather than jump on the 'racism' card, I'd suggest he was meaning the last player (meshino) we had from the jleague wasn't exactly great and to hold ones expectations. 

Yip, but why would anyone compare the two?. 

The way we play, we don't play long ball you will see the occasional long ball like yesterday with Haring but that is too catch teams out, that throw too many men forward which Haring and Woodburn took advantage of yesterday. 

Robbie tries to play possession based football. 

The lads team plays 343 so he will be used to our system, he plays with a right footer on the left inside forward, and a left footer on the right. 

He plays CF/ST for his team great workrate, the sort of player we should take a chance on. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Yip, but why would anyone compare the two?. 

They both came from the jleague.

Questionable logic but that's what all I took from it! 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, indianajones said:

They both came from the jleague.

Questionable logic but that's what all I took from it! 

That's all I taken from it as well, ridiculous logic and hence the worst post on the Internet comment! 

If we are paying a large fee it seems a bit risky. Pretty much an unproven player with 7 league goals to his name.

He could turn out to be amazing but I'd like a more proven record

Fozzyonthefence
48 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Was he ever going to break into the team ahead of Prince and Morgaro? And was he used correctly? 

He was utter pish!  No he wasn’t used correctly, since we gave him game time but he was nowhere near good enough for  Hearts.  That’s probably why he ended up playing Dutch non league.  

36 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I love a player that plays on the shoulder and hassles a defender for 90 mins. Most defenders in this league can't concentrate for 90 mins.

Kyogo is a dick but we'd all take him ability wise.

Kyogo is beginning to look injury prone. Subbed off injured again yesterday. 

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

He was utter pish!  No he wasn’t used correctly, since we gave him game time but he was nowhere near good enough for  Hearts.  That’s probably why he ended up playing Dutch non league.  

Again I didn't think he was a bad player, there was far worse than him. 

But i respect you're opinion. 

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Again I didn't think he was a bad player, there was far worse than him. 

But i respect you're opinion. 

Who was worse than him in the first team squad?!

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

And you have to take into consideration its a new recruitment team we have, the only one there from last time is Robbie? 

Seymour M Hersh
33 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Bit concerning that we're actually targeting exactly the type of players we need in untapped markets. Not used to this feeling at all. I wonder if we'll be going for another striker after this one.

:biggrin:

Seymour M Hersh

One thing is for sure if we are genuinely after this lad and we get him there is no way he'll get away with scoring offside goals like his compatriot in the west does. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
6 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I’d blame his manager for that - playing him while carrying an injury 

I think this Is a done deal. Any other transfer business that is locally reported has always been correct. No way would Hearts want this out in the open if they were still negotiating or not close to securing the deal.

Fxxx the SPFL
9 hours ago, tian447 said:

As long as they don't turn up in their hundreds looking to return their Ryotaro Meshino ones :whistling: 

😂

1 minute ago, BangkokHearts said:

I am willing to trust this team on the evidence of their signings so far.

Oh absolutely - such a massive transformation in that department. It was haphazard for years. Vital to keep hold of Savage.

Have said in other threads that if we get a new forward I would like them to be adaptable and be as comfortable on the wing as they are through the centre. Leaving defenders unsure whether to track mark or stay put. Pace is always an added bonus in our league. Don’t know much about the guy but those basic requirement look like he’s fitting the bill. Of course no idea how true it is or how he’d settle if he were to sign.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Not sure we were ever going to be using the FOH money to bring players to the club if that is what you are suggesting ? Might be wrong here but I thought the day to day running of the club was to be funded from the Club's usual income streams and the FOH money would help to fund specific projects such as completing the fit out of the Main Stand etc.

It doesn't matter how you use the FoH  money. 

If we use the fog  money for other stuff like projects: depreciation, etc then it frees up more  " normal" money. 

Either way we have a regular income and more money to spend on what we want. 

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

If we use the fog  money for other stuff like projects: depreciation, etc then it frees up more  " normal" money. 

Ok Thanks for the info Anne.

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Not sure we were ever going to be using the FOH money to bring players to the club if that is what you are suggesting ? Might be wrong here but I thought the day to day running of the club was to be funded from the Club's usual income streams and the FOH money would help to fund specific projects such as completing the fit out of the Main Stand etc.

Not necessarily directly but the injection of funds every month free’s up money elsewhere no doubt about it. At end of the day it all comes from the same pot. 

portobellojambo1
15 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Have said in other threads that if we get a new forward I would like them to be adaptable and be as comfortable on the wing as they are through the centre. Leaving defenders unsure whether to track mark or stay put. Pace is always an added bonus in our league. Don’t know much about the guy but those basic requirement look like he’s fitting the bill. Of course no idea how true it is or how he’d settle if he were to sign.

I have no idea if this will come off or not, but what I am pleased with is we are now looking at players who may fit in with the style of our play, which in all seriousness means we need to be looking at players who are comfortable with the ball on the ground, rather than looking to bring in someone where their height means we would be more inclined to play long high, often aimless, balls. Not sure if this guy would be the perfect fit, but that is because I've never seen anything of him. But there are times when what has been lacking is someone, another striker, to be close to Boyce up front, the more strikers you can get into the box, and then feed them with the right ammunition the more chance you have of scoring goals, which is a main component for winning games. With someone else playing up top alongside Boyce it might incline Liam to spend more tie in and around the box rather than go deep to look to pick up the ball. I'd also not discount that the club have taken on board the impact that players from the Far East have on merchandise sales as well, and generating money isn't something to be overlooked.

Edited by portobellojambo1

jambo-in-furness
29 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

I think this Is a done deal. Any other transfer business that is locally reported has always been correct. No way would Hearts want this out in the open if they were still negotiating or not close to securing the deal.

This is how it’s played out since Joe Savage arrived,  let’s hope he’s  true to form.

Liking this transfer window already.

This appears to be one of two things. 
1.  An investment to get us over the line in third place. €800k for £3m plus return. Goals are the difference to us opening a gap. A striker who appears out of our price range. 
2.  A new phase in speculative “shop window” purchases.  €800 from far away Market to potentially sell on at significant profit. Difference here is up front cash to improve the quality we can secure initially. Presumably, higher likely return.  

2 minutes ago, Sid said:

1.  An investment to get us over the line in third place. €800k for £3m plus return. Goals are the difference to us opening a gap. A striker who appears out of our price range. 
2.  A new phase in speculative “shop window” purchases.  €800 from far away Market to potentially sell on at significant profit. Difference here is up front cash to improve the quality we can secure initially. Presumably, higher likely return.  

Both significant risk but difference of just splashing cash is it appears we are finally getting to the point that such strategies are within our financial means thanks to FOH and benefactors.  

43 minutes ago, luckydug said:

He probably feigns injury at training & in the dressing-room as well as on the park.

53 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Hmm. I think the last time we had a bid go public before it was agreed was Elijah Adebayo.

I suspect the player has indicated he's keen though if it's got to this stage.

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

The way we play, we don't play long ball you will see the occasional long ball like yesterday with Haring but that is too catch teams out, that throw too many men forward which Haring and Woodburn took advantage of yesterday. 

Robbie tries to play possession based football. 

The lads team plays 343 so he will be used to our system, he plays with a right footer on the left inside forward, and a left footer on the right. 

He plays CF/ST for his team great workrate, the sort of player we should take a chance on. 

You really need to stop this ridiculous pretend in-depth analysis of players and teams…..especially as you’d heard of neither less than 24 hours ago.

You are trying to look smart but it’s really not working.

28 minutes ago, Sid said:

Maybe it's both, plus one other thing. Getting into Europe is good but staying there to the latter stages of tournaments raises the club's profile and can attract serious money. It's almost as if there's somebody (or bodies) with a plan.

56 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Very true,  whether it is direct or indirect it matters not to our overall finances.  It can only be a good thing and benefit the playing squad. 

54 minutes ago, Steak said:

Meshino was technically very good

If he was in this current team vs the time he did join us,  he could have been a more exiting proposition. Def had a good ability. 

43 minutes ago, Sid said:

Number 2 please. Sounds like it would last longer. 

15 hours ago, indianajones said:

I'd be happy just wiping the Bosnian bullets name from our record pages to be honest. 

@indianajones the weird thing about him is that there are no highlight videos on YouTube whatsoever. I've always wondered why.....

1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I’d blame his manager for that - playing him while carrying an injury 

Definitely. 

A hamstring injury needs time to heal even just a strain but the manager leaves him out 1 or 2 games then throws him back in.

Just now, DH1986 said:

You really need to stop this ridiculous pretend in-depth analysis of players and teams…..especially as you’d heard of neither less than 24 hours ago.

You are trying to look smart but it’s really not working.

No I'm giving information to people that might appreciate it, you don't need to quote me and if you didn't i certainly wouldn't lose sleep over the fact, have a nice day F👍

1 hour ago, Mdoug79 said:

Not necessarily directly but the injection of funds every month free’s up money elsewhere no doubt about it. At end of the day it all comes from the same pot. 

I get the point but I was repeating what was said by AB previously. I wonder why she was pointing out that fact?

32 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Positive comment 👍

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I get the point but I was repeating what was said by AB previously. I wonder why she was pointing out that fact?

Had it not already been used to plug the gap from demotion/covid. I’m not certain of that but I think that’s right. 

LokamotivRobbo
3 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Racist post IMO.

Agreed. Don’t get all the noise comparing him to other players who just happen to have been born in the same country ( whether they played for us or not ) It’s just crap.

Reminds me of the s**te that used to be spoken back in the 70s about black players being ‘soft’ and not being able to cope with the wind and rain.🙈🤣  Or the fact that if you were born in USA you by definition couldn’t play football. Utter rubbish spouted by ignorant racist pricks.