Tsuyoshi Ogashiwa - 800k Euro bid

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Maybe the 800K figure is a total for the length of the deal & transfer fee...?

Can see that,

3.5yr deal on say 3k a week (550K)

250K Transfer fee

Then the transfer fee is only a couple hundred thousand which is more believable

No danger we would pay more than 300-400K on anyone in the current climate imo

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• Bongo 1874

• JamboAl

3 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

Can see that,

250K Transfer fee

Then the transfer fee is only a couple hundred thousand which is more believable

Good point. The semantics of €800k transfer and €800k deal. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Interesting.

I am guessing you don’t put an offer in to the club unless you know the player would agree the deal and somebody has told you around the amount the club want…

But the story is out now so interesting if anyone else comes in I guess. One of the downsides of bidding for a player (bizarrely).

Tom Hardy’s Dug
21 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Looks like we're trying to get the guys we want in quickly this time around with a minimum of fannying around.

Although sounds like he would be involved in Japan games next month which may delay is physical arrival/start with us (if he signs).

jamboinglasgow
32 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

Can see that,

250K Transfer fee

Think your right, the story mentions an exceptional salary along with transfer fee (though it says transfer fee of 800k but would make sense they have got it the wrong way round.)

28 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Interesting.

I am guessing you don’t put an offer in to the club unless you know the player would agree the deal and somebody has told you around the amount the club want…

But the story is out now so interesting if anyone else comes in I guess. One of the downsides of bidding for a player (bizarrely).

You would think, or at least close enough to what the club want that you can negotiate it to an accept price.  Hope it means we can push it through.

One thing though with this signing is that he wont be able to play till after 21st January as he was called up for Japan to play a game on that date.

2 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

Just think of all the strips we’ll sell to Japanese fans they’ll be turning up at Tynie in there hundreds it’s a no brainier 😜

As long as they don't turn up in their hundreds looking to return their Ryotaro Meshino ones :whistling: 

6 hours ago, Barack said:

5ft 6".

Just the target man we need, when 6ft Liam Boyce is out, & 6ft 4" Gnando leaves.

:lol:

Would you swap 6’4” Gnando for cheating diving prick,5’6”Kyogo?

Edited by Canscot

4 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

Absolutely no chance are we spending €800k on a player. Especially one who has no experience of UK football. Laughable stuff. 

How not though? We’ve not spend that type of money on a player for years. I’d be buzzing if the club actual made that bid. “Laughable stuff” don’t get it at all

6 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

Hontō? Omoshiroi ga ari-sō mo nai!

Sukashi, ichi oku yen Lynn-chan.....takasugi, ne?

It's Very interesting to be linked with a quality player like this and there seems to be a little bit of fire in the smoke with this one. I think this boy looks a real top signing, would be delighted if we could get this deal done. Savage and our recruitment team need a bonus for the work that they are doing for us!

9 hours ago, campbell said:

Why do we need a target man? We don’t play that way at all we play narrow Attacking mids who look to slide balls through for a striker who runs in behind, if we had the boy from Celtic making runs for McKay, Woodburn & GMS to find we would be a lot closer to old firm 

We would be sitting pretty at the top of the league imo. The amount of exquisite passes played through by McKay alone would've resulted in 10 extra goals if we had a striker that played on the shoulder.

Excited at the prospect of the club shopping in the Asian market.

The transfer fee won't even be half of the 800k quoted but we're clearly in a position to pay money and going after targeted players. Savage was asked about the Japanese market yesterday and said it was an option, as were all markets.

Also said we are looking for a ST but that it's difficult in January because teams don't want to sell the their start strikers so we wouldn't be bringing someone in just for the sake of it.

We need 4 strikers minimum, if we want to play Europa league, and be competitive with Celtic and Rangers in league and cups, very good signing if we can pull this off, also seen people say meshino is shite 😂did you see some of the goals he scored? 

Meshino is very much like Woodburn a confidence player, needs the arm around the shoulder to be reassured, but there ability is unquestionable and when they are on it, they are shit hot🔥

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

We need 4 strikers minimum, if we want to play Europa league, and be competitive with Celtic and Rangers in league and cups, very good signing if we can pull this off, also seen people say meshino is shite 😂did you see some of the goals he scored? 

Meshino is very much like Woodburn a confidence player, needs the arm around the shoulder to be reassured, but there ability is unquestionable and when they are on it, they are shit hot🔥

Meshino joined us at a very difficult time. The fact he’s being compared to this signing (not by you) is purely because both of them are Japanese and that’s a bit of a ridiculous reason to compare them. 

30 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Wait, we’re willing to pay a transfer fee?

Kevin Moffat will have some letters to write today.

Wonder what happened to that cockend. I’d be too embarrassed to leave the house if I were him.  

7 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Us there any factual info that this might happen.

There is now a few legit sources reporting we have submitted an official offer.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, our transfer dealings seem to break in news where the player is coming from these days rather than some sort of Sun Exclusive for example, this rumour started on a French (and then Argentinian) J-League twitter news page.

I doubt the fee is €800k, although I wouldnt be surprised if we are in a position to start spending a bit cash, we are as financially stable as we have ever been. With it being our first season back in the league, I doubt we budgeted for a top 4 finish.

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

Just now, GinRummy said:

Meshino joined us at a very difficult time. The fact he’s being compared to this signing (not by you) is purely because both of them are Japanese and that’s a bit of a ridiculous reason to compare them. 

Spot on 👍

Just don't understand how people can say he was shite tbh, we were in freefall when he joined, It really pisses me off at times, this guy if he joins will be given the same treatment as Boyce and Woodburn expected to do it all, we have to be a team that shares the goals all through the team and stop relying on certain individuals. 

This takes the pressure of Boyce etc and they can play with freedom and i think we can all agree the players look like they enjoy there football, given the chance by the fans and management to do this, I don't understand people at times tbh, I'm very critical of team when we play shit but there's nothing for people to complain about at the minute. 

Phil D. Corners
8 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Us there any factual info that this might happen.

I doubt Donaldson would be tweeting this much if there was no substance. 

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Spot on 👍

Just don't understand how people can say he was shite tbh, we were in freefall when he joined, It really pisses me off at times, this guy if he joins will be given the same treatment as Boyce and Woodburn expected to do it all, we have to be a team that shares the goals all through the team and stop relying on certain individuals. 

This takes the pressure of Boyce etc and they can play with freedom and i think we can all agree the players look like they enjoy there football, given the chance by the fans and management to do this, I don't understand people at times tbh, I'm very critical of team when we play shit but there's nothing for people to complain about at the minute. 

I agree. Particularly about Boyce. I’ve been critical of him at times but he’s asked to do far too much. 

I hope we get him seriously good player, never stops running like kyogo so will be a pain in the arse to play against, presses from the front very much for this 👍

Now that we are debt free and have the FOH £150k every month coming along with Anderson on the board I’m not surprised we may be starting to spend money. The difference is we will spend it wisely. It will be spent on young hungry guys who are hungry to prove themselves and make it to EPL so we can make a profit. That’s how the money is made to grow.

I am glad it looks like the plan. We need to do that to grow and rise clear of AFC and HFC. Don’t underestimate the power £150k of donations when debt free gives you. 

Edited by Mdoug79

If this is the case it shows some real ambition from the club.  If we are going to mount a real challenge to the Glasgow arse cheeks, then it’s exactly this sort of ambition that’s required.

25 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

Now that we are debt free and have the FOH £150k every month coming along with Anderson on the board I’m not surprised we may be starting to spend money. The difference is we will spend it wisely. It will be spent on young hungry guys who are hungry to prove themselves and make it to EPL so we can make a profit. That’s how the money is made to grow.

I am glad it looks like the plan. We need to do that to grow and rise clear of AFC and HFC. Don’t underestimate the power £150k of donations when debt free gives you. 

Agreed,  wasn’t just buying the club but a huge amount was spent on the stadium, pitch etc.   At some point that was going to change towards actually investing more in the playing squad.   I like that Savage talks about creating ‘assets’,  and it’s clearly part of the strategy that by bringing the right profile of player in, we’ll start selling players for good money over the next few years.   Spending some money on the right players will improve our play and generate good income too…I reckon we’re just getting going in this new era.   Exciting times! 

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I hope we get him seriously good player, never stops running like kyogo so will be a pain in the arse to play against, presses from the front very much for this 👍

You’ve never seen him play ffs 🤣

11 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Everything about this seems mental, given the boy we got from Man City was absolutely shite.

Racist post IMO.

9 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Although sounds like he would be involved in Japan games next month which may delay is physical arrival/start with us (if he signs).

Squad is only home based players so if he moves he’d probably drop out the squad.

8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Nope but can tell from the highlights the boy is a player 👍

David Witeveen looked amazing from the YouTube highlights that were posted on here, which even included an bicycle kick goal. 

1 minute ago, tian447 said:

David Witeveen looked amazing from the YouTube highlights that were posted on here, which even included an bicycle kick goal. 

They were in something like the German 4th tier though

Just now, tian447 said:

Spot on but if you have access to games he has played in, you will see he's very different. 

1 hour ago, Gmcjambo said:

Agreed,  wasn’t just buying the club but a huge amount was spent on the stadium, pitch etc.   At some point that was going to change towards actually investing more in the playing squad.   I like that Savage talks about creating ‘assets’,  and it’s clearly part of the strategy that by bringing the right profile of player in, we’ll start selling players for good money over the next few years.   Spending some money on the right players will improve our play and generate good income too…I reckon we’re just getting going in this new era.   Exciting times! 

Absolutely!! I genuinely feel we can start to pull away from both Hibs and The sheep as we now don’t have to spend on anything else. 

2 hours ago, Mdoug79 said:

Not sure we were ever going to be using the FOH money to bring players to the club if that is what you are suggesting ? Might be wrong here but I thought the day to day running of the club was to be funded from the Club's usual income streams and the FOH money would help to fund specific projects such as completing the fit out of the Main Stand etc.

30 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Nope but can tell from the highlights the boy is a player 👍

:rofl: 

Kenny Anderson looked good on some highlights 

2 hours ago, Mdoug79 said:

Not debt free yet but moving in right direction. 

Just now, King prawn said:

:rofl: 

Kenny Anderson looked good on some highlights 

Was he ever going to break into the team ahead of Prince and Morgaro? And was he used correctly? 

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Was he ever going to break into the team ahead of Prince and Morgaro? And was he used correctly? 

:facepalm:

That’s a phenomenal jump even for you. A post about judging people based on YouTube videos has gone to discussing Kenny feckin Anderson’s ability. And fwiw, he’s retired after playing non league football in Holland at 29. 

I love a player that plays on the shoulder and hassles a defender for 90 mins. Most defenders in this league can't concentrate for 90 mins.

Kyogo is a dick but we'd all take him ability wise.

Just now, King prawn said:

:facepalm:

That’s a phenomenal jump even for you. A post about judging people based on YouTube videos has gone to discussing Kenny feckin Anderson’s ability. And fwiw, he’s retired after playing non league football in Holland at 29. 

Not really for what it's worth some on here say Watt is shite, I've never had that opinion of him sometimes it takes the right club and management to get the very best out of players. 

But i respect you're opinion. 

Bit concerning that we're actually targeting exactly the type of players we need in untapped markets. Not used to this feeling at all. I wonder if we'll be going for another striker after this one.