• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• Bongo 1874

• JamboAl

I don’t care so long as it’s not another big lump from shirestown united or some such lowly English league team that inevitably turns out to be an absolute cart horse

3 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Everything about this seems mental, given the boy we got from Man City was absolutely shite.

It might be mental, but this guy is an established player for his team, playing 2578 minutes in the J1 League last season, and he just got a call-up for Japan. Meshino had only played 438 minutes in his last full season before he was picked up by Man City - he was someone who'd shown a wee bit of promise in fleeting appearances rather than someone who'd performed consistently at a decent level.

47 minutes ago, campbell said:

Why do we need a target man? We don’t play that way at all we play narrow Attacking mids who look to slide balls through for a striker who runs in behind, if we had the boy from Celtic making runs for McKay, Woodburn & GMS to find we would be a lot closer to old firm 

Good post.

There are too many on here who doubt Robbie without noticing how his teams play, with some success.

7 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

It may be our new approach, moneyball worked for Brentford. No one knows more about taking risks than Mr. Anderson. 

Didn't work for Vlad.

Not only did he go under I think he's still there - in a submarine.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

If we are thinking about any kind of fee like that we must have a couple of sale deals lined up ourselves for our players. Still seems highly unlikely but maybe this is the new hearts now that we are stable - you genuinely do see transfer fees reinvested directly into the team instead of a director back pocket…

Wouldn't at all be surprised if we're in that type of market now with Mr Anderson on board 

Far too big a risk to spend that kind of money on him given the current climate, so either no truth in it or the sums being quoted are wildly over baked.

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

Didn't work for Vlad.

Just because he spent money, it doesn't mean he knew the idea behind moneyball. 

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Didn't work for Vlad.

Moneyball did work for cZech signings like bednar n skacel tho might have been more burley than vlAd 

7 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Portugal but not playing much. Out of contract in 2022

Ah cheers. Thought that (Estoril) was in Spain. My bad

Edited by Riccarton3

2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Moneyball did work for cZech signings like bednar n skacel tho might have been more burley than vlAd 

It's a brilliant scheme when you acquire undervalued players and they develop to greater value.  The reverse is unthinkable for us at this stage.

6 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Could we be spending some money coming our way in January?

Quite possibly.

First we may already have a gentleman's agreement re Soapy and could there be a dividend from a Hickey transfer.

8 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Could we be spending some money coming our way in January?

Even if we had money coming in from a player sale no danger we are paying that sort of money being quoted.  

No one outside rangers or Celtic can pay that kind of money for a player

Booooo! 

I've already written him off as shite.  Worst player I've ever seen in a Hearts shirt, just a chicken-hearted wage theif. 

I'll drive him to the airport myself, cancelling my FoH pledges until he's gone, boooo! 

16 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Didn't work for Vlad.

That's because Vlad was a moron.

18 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Estoril. Spain.

Estoril is in Portugal. 👌

Edit - probably should have read the whole thread before commenting.

Anyway, this sounds like an interesting but unlikely one. The guys would have to be very sure if they were going to spend a fee even close to that. Fully expect Robbie (Bob etc) to laugh at it in the press over the coming days.

4 minutes ago, theshed said:

Even if we had money coming in from a player sale no danger we are paying that sort of money being quoted.  

With benefactors and additional FOH funding we can.

Not saying we will but it's not impossible. 

Vlad the impaler
5 minutes ago, theshed said:

Aberdeen payed 900k for a Venezuelan a year back 

Just now, JamboAl said:

Still not going to clarify?

I think it's fairly obvious and if we sign this Japanese chap that's exactly what we're doing as we have done with Beni, Devlin and Atkinson. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
26 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Didn't work for Vlad.

Vlad didn’t do moneyball FFS he did spunkball 

Just now, Cruyff said:

I think it's fairly obvious and if we sign this Japanese chap that's exactly what we're doing as we have done with Beni, Devlin and Atkinson. 

What are we doing that's fairly obvious?

Just try and explain it for me.

We're guaranteed £3million quid from the Europa Conference League (min plus gates etc.. SPL prize money also) if we finish 3rd and one of the top two or we ourselves win the SC Cup. Bring in good players and it's in the bag, this season, next season and for the foreseeable.

Translated from a Japanese site:

It was revealed on the 26th that Scotland's first division Hearts presented a formal offer to Sapporo forward Tsuyoshi Ogashiwa (23). With a transfer fee of over 800,000 euros (about 103 million yen) and an exceptional annual salary, he won the first year college graduate striker convened for the first time in the friendly match against Uzbekistan in January next year. He is eager.

In the Scottish league, Celtic's Japan national team FW Kyogo Furuhashi mass-produced points. Hearts, who is currently in 3rd place in the league, is expecting Ogashi to do the same. However, the Sapporo side is also detaining with all its might, and the decision of the 23-year-old is drawing attention.

https://www.sponichi.co.jp/soccer/news/2021/12/27/kiji/20211227s00002179102000c.html

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Vlad didn’t do moneyball FFS he did spunkball 

That's the point I tried to make.  It's like gambling generally.  It's brilliant when it works but disastrous when it doesn't.

Clever gamblers bet within their means (ie how much they can cope with losing) or with the bookie's money.

When they push Cruyff's boat out with money they don't have, the road can become quite rocky.

The trouble is you only know the answer with hindsight.

12 minutes ago, Homme said:

With benefactors and additional FOH funding we can.

Not saying we will but it's not impossible. 

With no idea what covid will bring (thanks to the anti football  SG) I’d be gobsmacked if any club spends on transfer fees.

she will likely mothball football for months so that’s huge losses

7 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We're guaranteed £3million quid from the Europa Conference League (min plus gates etc.. SPL prize money also) if we finish 3rd and one of the top two or we ourselves win the SC Cup. Bring in good players and it's in the bag, this season, next season and for the foreseeable.

Are we guaranteed to finish 3rd even with new players.

Other teams will also be trying to strengthen for these pots of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Absolutely no chance are we spending €800k on a player. Especially one who has no experience of UK football. Laughable stuff. 

Fxxx the SPFL

Just think of all the strips we’ll sell to Japanese fans they’ll be turning up at Tynie in there hundreds it’s a no brainier 😜

portobellojambo1

I'm assuming that it is possibly a Rangers fan who has been updating his Wikipedia page. It shows him as presently playing for Queens Park Rangers, but in 2020 he played two games for a team called Tim Skelpers and in those two games scored 4,267 goals.