*****Official Dundee v Hearts Match Day Thread*****

GinRummy

19 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We dominated possession, shots, corners and won the game. 

We are third so consistency is clearly there. 

Crap teams, last year it was pub teams to justify your and the rabids stance. 

"We should have been able to keep up with them"........ 😳

Absolutely rabid. 

"ignoring actual results"..... Really? 

Is That is the length you will go to? - you'll ignore results. 

You can't make that up. Hilarious. 

Your post is just absolute nonsense, you've lost all objectivity, your need for Bob to fail is ruining your support for Hearts. 

Entertaining read tho. 

What are you on about?  LWLWLWLW is by definition, inconsistency.  In a post where you are citing lack of objectivity towards others.   That’s ironic.

I’m delighted with the league table but there is certainly room for improvement.  It can be fair and balanced for supporters to enjoy results and at the same time comment about ongoing areas of performance that are disappointing / poor/ concerning in the hope we improve further.   

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• King prawn

• A.JAMBO

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

What are you on about?  LWLWLWLW is by definition, inconsistency.  In a post where you are citing lack of objectivity towards others.   That’s ironic.

I’m delighted with the league table but there is certainly room for improvement.  It can be fair and balanced for supporters to enjoy results and at the same time comment about ongoing areas of performance that are disappointing / poor/ concerning in the hope we improve further.   

We are 3rd. 

We are Litterally the 3rd most consistent team in the country. 

3 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Most clubs would be happy to be in 3rd place. Have a look at other leagues they are invariably dominated by 2 or 3 clubs. Scottish football is no different.

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

We are 3rd. 

We are Litterally the 3rd most consistent team in the country. 

If you really want to argue that LWLWLWLW is ‘consistency’,  crack on.     

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

And Jack Ross. 

🤣🤣🤣

I remember that. 

Who was talking him up? 

****ing jokers. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Gmcjambo said:

We are 3rd. 

We are the 3rd most consistent team in the country. 

It's a fact. 

4 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

It sort of is. 😄

2 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Most clubs would be happy to be in 3rd place. Have a look at other leagues they are invariably dominated by 2 or 3 clubs. Scottish football is no different.

Agreed, and I’ll be happy with 3rd this season for sure.   My point was we have not been consistent (as claimed) , we have been inconsistent and could be doing better.   We’re half way through the season,  other teams may improve ,  we could be unlucky with injuries or have a poor Jan window where we don’t get a good striker in… who knows?   Point being,  there’s room for improvement and we could and should  have had a few more points on the board IMO.   

8 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

He cannot engage on performance. Ask him to and he'll talk about results. Ask him about coaching and he'll tell you Hearts are third in the league. Ask about A and he'll talk about Z. Consistency is only as good as your last result for him, unless it suits him to hark back to Robbie being third (or second) in the league when he left years ago, which he's finally stopped banging on about because we are back at third again... - like that is somehow not the minimum Hearts fans should be expecting, let alone hope for...

It's like taking the old football saying "you are only as good as your last result" and re-writing it as "you are only as good as your last good result" and that is where he wants to be. Must be nice, cosy and safe there.

Be critical in any way and he'll use inflammatory language and claim you are fundamentally anti-"Bob"

All that pathetic nonsense after a fine Championship season that had the naysayers predicting a relegation battle.

Now, they seem to be trying ever so hard to do the team & management down in ever more imaginitive ways in spite of continued improvement.

For some, it seems now to be a failure not to be at least in 2nd place. Talk about shifting the goalposts! That predicted bottom 6 finish at best and a likely relegation battle with Robbie at the helm has been shown to be the claptrap that it always was.

Thank heavens that the knee-jerk calls for Tommy Wright, Jack Ross, Stephenson, and so on, and so forth were kicked into touch.

There will come a time when Robbie parts company with Hearts; but, the way things are progressing, and unlike Jack Ross with Hibs, it's unlikely to be a sacking. More likely a 'cannae turn down' job offer. No doubt, the Robbie OOt brigade will then do a reverse ferret and call him out for being a traitor. Mental gymnastics par exelence.

11 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

He cannot engage on performance. Ask him to and he'll talk about results. Ask him about coaching and he'll tell you Hearts are third in the league. Ask about A and he'll talk about Z. Consistency is only as good as your last result for him, unless it suits him to hark back to Robbie being third (or second) in the league when he left years ago, which he's finally stopped banging on about because we are back at third again... - like that is somehow not the minimum Hearts fans should be expecting, let alone hope for...

It's like taking the old football saying "you are only as good as your last result" and re-writing it as "you are only as good as your last good result" and that is where he wants to be. Must be nice, cosy and safe there.

Be critical in any way and he'll use inflammatory language and claim you are fundamentally anti-"Bob"

May I suggest you do everyone a favour including yourself and put him on ignore then?

You have made it abundantly clear on a number of occasions that you don’t agree with pretty much any of his posts. Surely the sensible thing would be to not read them and the ignore function facilitates this with a couple f clicks.

Job done as saves all of us having to battle through the various exchanges that inevitably happen but you currently not having him on ignore 👍

18Jambo_dave74

Not a great game but a great 3 points. I’ll take a hard fought 1-0 win away from home all day long. I thought Haring and Halkett were excellent. Fingers crossed the injury to Kingsley is not a bad one, arguably been our most consistent outfield player this season.

We should always strive to be better and look to improve - I have no arguments on that front. However there is no doubt some people will snipe away at Neilson regardless and will use anything to have a go at him. I wouldn’t say I’m his number 1 fan but we’re doing really well this season and you have to wonder if some folk complaining about him have watched us for the last decade (McGlynn, Locke, Cathro, Levein, Stendel). For instance, people will complain we give up too many chances (a fair point perhaps) and that Gordon has too much to do - well yesterday Gordon had next to nothing to do and we won with a clean sheet - these same people will no doubt find something else to moan about. It feels like unless we win 3-0 every week and play brilliant football, Neilson will be getting grief for something. 

I read someone during the week on here saying we should be doing much better but that we had the worst midfield for over 30 years - I mean how does that even work? 

Enjoyed yesterday. Performance wasn't the best, always feel we can be braver but another win away from home. Very good atmosphere yesterday. Win the next 2 home games and we're in a good position to cement 3rd place. 

I've been a bit harsh on Haring after his injuries but thought he was very good yesterday. 

Edited by Ari Gold

Tynecastle Valhalla
14 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Burley is only permanent manager with a better win %age then Neilson. Burley was only manager for 12 games so it’s a very short record. Neilson, based on results over the long haul, is heads and shoulders above any other manager we have had. 

agreed

20 minutes ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

Not a great game but a great 3 points. I’ll take a hard fought 1-0 win away from home all day long. I thought Haring and Halkett were excellent. Fingers crossed the injury to Kingsley is not a bad one, arguably been our most consistent outfield player this season.

We should always strive to be better and look to improve - I have no arguments on that front. However there is no doubt some people will snipe away at Neilson regardless and will use anything to have a go at him. I wouldn’t say I’m his number 1 fan but we’re doing really well this season and you have to wonder if some folk complaining about him have watched us for the last decade (McGlynn, Locke, Cathro, Levein, Stendel). For instance, people will complain we give up too many chances (a fair point perhaps) and that Gordon has too much to do - well yesterday Gordon had next to nothing to do and we won with a clean sheet - these same people will no doubt find something else to moan about. It feels like unless we win 3-0 every week and play brilliant football, Neilson will be getting grief for something. 

I read someone during the week on here saying we should be doing much better but that we had the worst midfield for over 30 years - I mean how does that even work? 

You are absolutely correct . Crap game , great three points . Very top teams have days like this too .

We've been unlucky against OF recently but played well . Our bread and butter is to consistently beat the rest . 1-0 wins at the likes of dens park , no matter how poor the performance , is what league football is all about . 

Having said all that think we are more than capable of playing good football , and often do .

Sidenote , watched on TV yesterday last half hour or so had no idea what was happening other side of pitch . Before we scored was hoping for game to be abandoned .

Curious how bad it was for those that were there ?

32 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

May I suggest you do everyone a favour including yourself and put him on ignore then?

You have made it abundantly clear on a number of occasions that you don’t agree with pretty much any of his posts. Surely the sensible thing would be to not read them and the ignore function facilitates this with a couple f clicks.

Job done as saves all of us having to battle through the various exchanges that inevitably happen but you currently not having him on ignore 👍

Hmmn I don't have a huge amount of interaction with him on here TBH. He responded to my post above but that was done and dusted within 6 posts. He appears to think I'm in an anti-Robbie clique of some sort (which I'm not - only time I've called for Robbie to be sacked was after the SC debacle last season which will forever remain the worst result in Hearts history, but I guess some manager has to own that one - really crap managers don't last long enough to have those ones...) and it got his blood boiling.

portobellojambo1

It was one of those games where we didn't play particularly well but achieved what is needed every time we take the field, a victory. At the end of any season the winners will always be the team who run up the most points, and I'd guess all Hearts fans who attended the game or managed to watch it somewhere online like us, without having to pay a single penny into Dundee's coffers at all, were happy with the outcome result wise, yet not overly enamoured by the manner in which it was achieved. It was like the 1-1 game at Tynecastle, two teams bashing away at each other but neither looking paricularly good for long spells. On another day it could have ended as a 1-0 home win, because there wasn't a lot between the two teams

I read much on here that depresses me at times, people constantly saying we cannot compete with Rangers and/or Celtic consistency wise, because of what they pay their players. Fortunately, not many years back, no one tried to impact/convince Burley that he would never succeed because of our budget, instead Burley convinced the players that he had available to him that they were better than they maybe thought they were. His only problem was that he was a lot more popular with the fans that the owner was, and in the end that played its part in him unfortunately leaving us far too early. I quite simply don't want to be trapped in a situation where we are constantly looking up at the OF in awe, I want to see a Hearts team and management structure that takes the attitude that this is what we have, lets get them functioning as a unit that can hold its own. I say that while accepting that the very nature of the make up of Scotland's population means that mayn of those refereeing matches are unable to hide the bias theyshow whil operating in what I class as a position where they are employed to referre games in line with the rules and regulations, but not referee and manipulate those rules tosuit whichever half of the OF they have feelings towards.

The only thing I'd say is, as per his previous spell with us, I don't beleive Robbie Neilson has the tactical awareness to take us where I'd like to see us be, competing constanly with the OF, rather than being happy to just be the best of the rest. Winners get prizes, and in football prizes/success generates even more success.

portobellojambo1
11 minutes ago, john thomas said:

You are absolutely correct . Crap game , great three points . Very top teams have days like this too .

We've been unlucky against OF recently but played well . Our bread and butter is to consistently beat the rest . 1-0 wins at the likes of dens park , no matter how poor the performance , is what league football is all about . 

Having said all that think we are more than capable of playing good football , and often do .

Sidenote , watched on TV yesterday last half hour or so had no idea what was happening other side of pitch . Before we scored was hoping for game to be abandoned .

Curious how bad it was for those that were there ?

We watched it on a stream as well, and all 3 of us were staring intently at the screen when McEneff hit the shot which eventually came off the post to Walker. The problem was that we couldn't actually see the shot hit the post, just seen the ball appear at the other side of the goal where Walker picked it up and netted.

4 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

We have more qualified people to search out candidates. Personally don't follow every manager or team out there so I exclude myself from speculation. However even the most ardent Robbie fan can surely see his short comings. On the other hand maybe it's not ALL down to Robbie as elbows seems to have a lot to say during a game.

No. He clearly doesn’t have a clue about football. 

5 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

As much as I want Robbie gone we won't be doing so while we are in third. My biggest moan about him is he can't seem to see how a game is panning out, and takes too long to make a sub and even when he does he takes off the wrong player. Bringing on Walker was the right move ( a little late ) but it should have been Haliday that went. 

He can't seem to get the players up for the lower teams and I feel the animosity towards Dundee due to recent events backfired and gee'd them up more than us.

Really thought they would get a lucky goal and win or at least get the draw, never been happier to see the final whistle.

Come on Robbie get the attacking players on more and get the defense playing the ball forward quicker, get them playing with pride and passion.

What about taking off Woodburn, replacing him with Haring and completely changing and winning the game at Livi?

5 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

If Dundee had fielded a full team we would have lost that game. C Adam is old and past it but would still have controlled the midfield and his passing would have put a severe strain on the defense. Still a win is a win and we have to do better in the next could if we want to command third.

What would the score have been if Boyce, Beni or Ginnelly had played? 

been here before
2 hours ago, Gmcjambo said:

Thats a perfectly consistent patter.

32 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

What would the score have been if Boyce, Beni or Ginnelly had played? 

Adam has played in some stinking games for Dundee this season. Trying to say, if he had played, or any other player, the score would have been different is barely worthy of your reply mate. It’s a dumb argument. 

The Treasurer
5 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Do you?  So nobody can do a better job than Robbie then within our budget, is that what you’re saying?  Absolutely no one within world football?

I don't want Robbie sacked so it's irrelevant. 

I'm sure that there will be someone who could do a better job, that is why I have asked the question. 

We are third in the league anybody who thinks we could be doing better with the players we have should stop sniffing whatever they are sniffing 🤣   It is the way it is we and all the other teams in the league are well behind Rangers and Celtic it will take a massive change in playing staff to get us challenging them.

Brick Tamland
5 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Tommy Wright and Davidson, for some reason these shouts have gone quiet. 

Indeed. 
Their point isn’t really a point though, it’s just the same boring old repetition of Robbie Oot - pish & wind - Robbie Oot - tears and snotters - Robbie Oot and so on, 
It becomes a debate or a constructive discussion when they come up with a better alternative which they never do.
We are 3rd and have played some great football this season so far and the league position and stats back all of that up but for some that’s not enough. 
I would love to see them come up with an alternative to Robbie and construct a discussion why this alternative would be better. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

Indeed. 
Their point isn’t really a point though, it’s just the same boring old repetition of Robbie Oot - pish & wind - Robbie Oot - tears and snotters - Robbie Oot and so on, 
It becomes a debate or a constructive discussion when they come up with a better alternative which they never do.
We are 3rd and have played some great football this season so far and the league position and stats back all of that up but for some that’s not enough. 
I would love to see them come up with an alternative to Robbie and construct a discussion why this alternative would be better. 

"Their point isn’t really a point though, it’s just the same boring old repetition of Robbie Oot - pish & wind - Robbie Oot - tears and snotters - Robbie Oot and so on, "

:glorious:

8 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

Indeed. 

I don’t want Robbie out, I did but it would be crazy to do it now. 

Suggesting folk have no point to make if they can’t come up with an alternative to Robbie  isn’t much of an argument though. Fans can decide if a player or manager isn’t good enough without knowing who’d be a better replacement. It’s still a debate without coming up with names. 

15 hours ago, sadj said:

No Mitch Im not. We need to take chances we create but we are far from a shambles. 

The football we play is EYE BLEEDING.  It’s so far behind Celtic and Rangers it’s embarrassing. Our players are underperforming and we know this because we know how good our players are. 

4 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

It was one of those games where we didn't play particularly well but achieved what is needed every time we take the field, a victory. At the end of any season the winners will always be the team who run up the most points, and I'd guess all Hearts fans who attended the game or managed to watch it somewhere online like us, without having to pay a single penny into Dundee's coffers at all, were happy with the outcome result wise, yet not overly enamoured by the manner in which it was achieved. It was like the 1-1 game at Tynecastle, two teams bashing away at each other but neither looking paricularly good for long spells. On another day it could have ended as a 1-0 home win, because there wasn't a lot between the two teams

I read much on here that depresses me at times, people constantly saying we cannot compete with Rangers and/or Celtic consistency wise, because of what they pay their players. Fortunately, not many years back, no one tried to impact/convince Burley that he would never succeed because of our budget, instead Burley convinced the players that he had available to him that they were better than they maybe thought they were. His only problem was that he was a lot more popular with the fans that the owner was, and in the end that played its part in him unfortunately leaving us far too early. I quite simply don't want to be trapped in a situation where we are constantly looking up at the OF in awe, I want to see a Hearts team and management structure that takes the attitude that this is what we have, lets get them functioning as a unit that can hold its own. I say that while accepting that the very nature of the make up of Scotland's population means that mayn of those refereeing matches are unable to hide the bias theyshow whil operating in what I class as a position where they are employed to referre games in line with the rules and regulations, but not referee and manipulate those rules tosuit whichever half of the OF they have feelings towards.

The only thing I'd say is, as per his previous spell with us, I don't beleive Robbie Neilson has the tactical awareness to take us where I'd like to see us be, competing constanly with the OF, rather than being happy to just be the best of the rest. Winners get prizes, and in football prizes/success generates even more success.

Burley had players that had won the Champions League and European Championships available to him. He also had a number of other players at the peak of their careers eg Skacel, Hartley, Gordon, Presley. Maybe they made the manager?

3 hours ago, Rudolf said:

What about taking off Woodburn, replacing him with Haring and completely changing and winning the game at Livi?

Yep two away games in a row his changes have won the game. Not worth arguing the point with many on here though. 

14 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Hibs turn you down for manager/head coach too?

I had to turn it down because “my hearts in dear old Gorgie a chasing the Trophies.”

Chasing attacking, attractive, entertaining, aggressive, never say die brand of football where our fans worship the team and the rest of Scottish football are envious of Heart of Midlothian fc the Pride of Edinburgh / Edinburgh’s Big Team.

Time to have a Manager that knows how to lead a great club like Hearts.

5 hours ago, Gmcjambo said:

Reality is that the run is the very epitome of consistency.  Lose one, win one, lose one, win one…………….what’s inconsistent about that? 

i wish jj was my dad
9 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

The football we play is EYE BLEEDING.  It’s so far behind Celtic and Rangers it’s embarrassing. Our players are underperforming and we know this because we know how good our players are. 

It's really not.

Not always, but the football has generally been good and we are probably doing as well as we can reasonably expect. 

How many times have we finished above 3rd in the last 60 years. 

22 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I don’t want Robbie out, I did but it would be crazy to do it now. 

Suggesting folk have no point to make if they can’t come up with an alternative to Robbie  isn’t much of an argument though. Fans can decide if a player or manager isn’t good enough without knowing who’d be a better replacement. It’s still a debate without coming up with names. 

So, you want to sack the manager but have no idea who could do a better job? Good job we are not fan-managed. 

16 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Mitch, maybe it’s your eyes? 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

So, you want to sack the manager but have no idea who could do a better job? Good job we are not fan-managed. 

I don’t want to sack the manager. What I said was fans are entitled to an opinion on a player or manager without necessarily knowing who they’d like to replace them. Are you saying they’re not entitled to that opinion of they haven’t drawn up a list of alternatives. As for fan managed, I’m fairly sure folk who want RN out are in a small minority right now. 

36 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

"Their point isn’t really a point though, it’s just the same boring old repetition of Robbie Oot - pish & wind - Robbie Oot - tears and snotters - Robbie Oot and so on, "

:glorious:

You are saying it as it is

No idea why people have it in for our management players etc, we are at the early part of a new era. Robbie has done  a job to get us into a competetive state, the previous idiots layed a bare path for him to work. He has been successful in his remit, very strange people find it hard to get behind him and praise the work done. This is not the time to point fingers accuse or nit pick.Robbie has been getting the same abuse for years. To treat him or talk about him with such disrespect. is a disgrace

Robbie must stay

Edited by A.JAMBO

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

I don’t want to sack the manager. What I said was fans are entitled to an opinion on a player or manager without necessarily knowing who they’d like to replace them. Are you saying they’re not entitled to that opinion of they haven’t drawn up a list of alternatives. As for fan managed, I’m fairly sure folk who want RN out are in a small minority right now. 

So the assumption you make is that there’s always someone better we can get in?  Multitudes of football clubs have made that mistake time after time, including us.  Stendel a perfect example.  Doubt we would have been bottom last March if Levein was still in charge. . 

19 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Try these

Portrait Boy Adhesive Bandage Over His Stock Photo (Edit Now) 18718660

So the assumption you make is that there’s always someone better we can get in?  Multitudes of football clubs have made that mistake time after time, including us.  Stendel a perfect example.  Doubt we would have been bottom last March if Levein was still in charge. . 

I’m not doing the Levein Stendel discussion again. My point is people are entitled to think any manager or players isn’t good enough, whether they’re right or wrong, without coming up with an alternative. To me that’s obvious. Fans don’t make decisions and nobody is asking them to. 

Fozzyonthefence

Let’s all agree Robbie is the best manager in the world then and there’s nobody out there out of the thousands of managers,  assistant managers, would be up and coming managers that could do a better job.  Is that what you want to hear?  

Assuming there is someone better out there is not the mistake, getting the wrong man in, however, is. 

And of course we would have been bottom under Levein.  He never at any time looked liked turning it around from the 3-0 pumping at Murrayfield onwards.  His points per game average in his final season was even worse than Stendel’s ffs!

Ex member of the SaS

That's the problem with this place, it's one extreme or the other. Fans can want a better manager while enjoying the wins. There are times when some can see we are poor and need better and the manager's post is one. How many on here think Guando is not good enough yet our scout and manager thought he was good enough for a contract.

Basically it's some can see poor tactics or substitutions, that doesn't mean we don't support the team and sometimes even the worst manager get things right now and again.

To expect Robbie to be dumped when 3rd is ridiculous, but if things don't improve in the cups then options should be considered, as there is no chance of getting higher in this league with the bigot twins in it. So cup are our next priority.

1 minute ago, Vlad Magic said:

It’s almost as if some here want us to change manager so we can replace with a Stendel or a Cathro.

I wonder why?

No they don’t 😂. You’ve just made that up. Guys like Gambo and Mitch are dyed in the wool hearts fans. There’s no conspiracy of Hibs infiltrators. 

7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

No they don’t 😂. You’ve just made that up. Guys like Gambo and Mitch are dyed in the wool hearts fans. There’s no conspiracy of Hibs infiltrators. 

I didn’t request a name call 👍

I also said “It’s almost as if” 👍

I’ll keep my powder dry till the end of the season or such time that a change is 100% required and in my opinion that time isn’t now.