Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• King prawn

• A.JAMBO

Just now, 3fingersreid said:

0-2 Halkett & Kingsley 
Never been back to that shitehole since ‘86 

I know 3 jambos, 2 of them still regular attenders who never went back after that. Was only 15 myself and although I was gutted I was young enough and daft enough to think we'd win it the next season or even the one after. Been a bit of a longer wait.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

I know 3 jambos, 2 of them still regular attenders who never went back after that. Was only 15 myself and although I was gutted I was young enough and daft enough to think we'd win it the next season or even the one after. Been a bit of a longer wait.

I can remember everything about that day as clear as crystal ☹️
Strangely Dundee have always been a bogey team to Hearts throughout  my life , anyway if you’re going give them a ‘Mon the Hearts for me at kick off 👍🏻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Dennis Reynolds

I expect 9 from 9 from the next three games with a resounding 2-0 victory here. 

Last minute decision to head up which I'm now looking forward to. Early start 🍺

Edited by LMc
Can't do maths

2-2 draw, hope I'm wrong but we don't have the best record there, would be delighted with any win.

Really need to start taking our chances when we get them.

Dundee will start this game fast and in our faces.  We simply can't start slowly as we have done in most away games this season.    If we get stuck in from first whistle we can win this comfortably 2-0

Dundee are terrible but wouldn’t surprise me if we really struggle again. Heart says 2 nill, head 2-2 or 2-1 loss

Tynecastlesmychurch

Just need the 3 points. Don't care how its achieved. 

Usually Id be wanting us to smash them. But on this occasion just the 3pts please lads!

Lineup will be interesting with Dev suspended.  Do we go 343 or 4231 type thing?  Think Dundee maybe a 442 kinda mob aren't they?

Sometimes think best not to overthink games like this - we're better man for man by a distance, match them up and win.

We can only make this difficult for ourselves. We need to go all out for a win and not just hope to contain and nick a result. Pushing the ball about the back is not dominating or controlling a game. Do things quicker from defence to attack. I would bring in Cochrane and McEneff so we drive forward out of our own half. We have a great chance to consolidate our league position over the festive period, let's start here. 

2 minutes ago, Skacelsid said:

We can only make this difficult for ourselves. We need to go all out for a win and not just hope to contain and nick a result. Pushing the ball about the back is not dominating or controlling a game. Do things quicker from defence to attack. I would bring in Cochrane and McEneff so we drive forward out of our own half. We have a great chance to consolidate our league position over the festive period, let's start here. 

Think that sounds about right

Gordon

Soapy Halks Kings

Smith McEneff Haring Cochrane

Ginnelly Boyce McKay

Would like to see Pollock on bench and maybe get a run if he's ready.  More likely I think will be Halliday in middle with Haring

39 minutes ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

Anything less than 3 point is a terrible result, they are dug shite!

Exactly what I was thinking!!

7 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Lineup will be interesting with Dev suspended.  Do we go 343 or 4231 type thing?  Think Dundee maybe a 442 kinda mob aren't they?

Sometimes think best not to overthink games like this - we're better man for man by a distance, match them up and win.

Devlin will be available. Suspension doesn’t kick in until RC at home.

55 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Dundee will start this game fast and in our faces.  We simply can't start slowly as we have done in most away games this season.    If we get stuck in from first whistle we can win this comfortably 2-0

Very much this. It will be exactly like last year's match in the Championship. McPake will have them up for it and determined to have a quick start. Robbie must have us ready for that. If, once again, we're passive, it will be very hard to get anything out of this game.

On most games apart from OF (and we won them on Sunday) we win every stat apart from goals. 
Every focus must be on scoring. The rest will take care of itself. Get players who might score on the pitch and, more importantly get them in or around the box. (Free kicks on edge are like pens for us with Kingsley).  

Our away form to return with a vengeance once more as we start slow. Go 2 nil down. Claw a goal back in the second half and lose 2-1. The manager will claim we were unlucky not to win and neglect to take notice our sluggish start.

Hopefully 0-3 but I can't see past a point at best.

9 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Only been back once since 86 and that was the League Cup tie where Henry missed a penalty.

Not my happiest place.

I mind that. Truly a wtf moment when he stood up to take it.  Don’t think I went back to that pit much since then. Least favourite away day and that’s nowt to do with 86 just a depressing hole

41 minutes ago, Sid said:

On most games apart from OF (and we won them on Sunday) we win every stat apart from goals. 
Every focus must be on scoring. The rest will take care of itself. Get players who might score on the pitch and, more importantly get them in or around the box. (Free kicks on edge are like pens for us with Kingsley).  

Like McEneff?  I remember a time managers put players in areas where they had a key ability that benefited the team, like having shooting ability and scoring goals!

Of course, players need to deserve their place in a team but I feel football has more and more went the way of being too measured, managers look for perfection too much at times. 

We have players in the team that are good in possession and good at movement off the ball but a few are lacking in actual key elements.

McEneff hardly looks out his depth.  We witnessed at Livingston his willingness to shoot on sight. Who knows, maybe over a series of games the guy will notch a few goals that could be the difference?  

We will struggle if they press high, well going by recent games anyway.

Wish we would take that attitude right from start and get into their faces.

1 hour ago, MattyK82 said:

Devlin will be available. Suspension doesn’t kick in until RC at home.

Ah, yeah.  Dundee/Ross County/various other shite.  You can see the confusion

As taken from the courier:

Dundee go into Saturday’s match against with third-place Hearts on the back of three straight defeats leaving them just two points off bottom.

They also have a mounting list of injuries with Sweeney’s suspension only adding to the absentee list.

Already missing out will be Lee Ashcroft, Shaun Byrne, Cillian Sheridan and it’s likely Charlie Adam will be unavailable too thanks to a hamstring injury.

They appear to be short of options all over the place.  Despite it not seeming like it, we have the 3rd best away record in the league (behind the uglies) - not sure how much that tells us though. 

Quite simply, this is a match we should be winning. Match their intensity first and foremost. Ensure we aren’t overrun in midfield. Do that, and our quality will shine through. 

Dundee 1 Hearts 3

Edited by MattyK82

4-1 Hearts. 

McPake is about due a spanking. He hates us so will do everything he can to make things difficult for us and I think he will to begin with. I can see a very ugly, frustrating first 20-30mins, but ultimately we'll gain control and will find a way through. 

45 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

As taken from the courier:

Dundee go into Saturday’s match against with third-place Hearts on the back of three straight defeats leaving them just two points off bottom.

They also have a mounting list of injuries with Sweeney’s suspension only adding to the absentee list.

Already missing out will be Lee Ashcroft, Shaun Byrne, Cillian Sheridan and it’s likely Charlie Adam will be unavailable too thanks to a hamstring injury.

They appear to be short of options all over the place.  Despite it not seeming like it, we have the 3rd best away record in the league (behind the uglies) - not sure how much that tells us though. 

Quite simply, this is a match we should be winning. Match their intensity first and foremost. Ensure we aren’t overrun in midfield. Do that, and our quality will shine through. 

Dundee 1 Hearts 3

Glad if Sheridan not available, kinda feel he's always caused us problems - decent player actually.  Guess Adam being out good too, though I'd like to think we could overrun that toothless nedmaster.

Our away form has been kinda fine, yeah.  Could do better but it shows how bad away form is generally that we're 3rd best.  It's a definite thing in Scotland (more than elsewhere??) that teams play very differently home and away.  For us, it shouldn't matter imo - in fact teams coming out a bit more at home should suit us as they away team.

28 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Glad if Sheridan not available, kinda feel he's always caused us problems - decent player actually.  Guess Adam being out good too, though I'd like to think we could overrun that toothless nedmaster.

Our away form has been kinda fine, yeah.  Could do better but it shows how bad away form is generally that we're 3rd best.  It's a definite thing in Scotland (more than elsewhere??) that teams play very differently home and away.  For us, it shouldn't matter imo - in fact teams coming out a bit more at home should suit us as they away team.

Yeah absolutely. The onus will be on Dundee to attack being the home side, which should allow us space in behind. We need to stop this habit of starting away games slowly. Match the oppositions work rate. In fact better it. And our better players will hurt them. 

5 nil Hertz.

3 pens 

1 og 

1 in off the refs erse.

If my highly likely prediction doesn’t come to fruition then I’m happy with a shitey one nil win, and back down the road with the 3 pts.

5 minutes ago, smiler said:

5 nil Hertz.

3 pens 

1 og 

1 in off the refs erse.

If my highly likely prediction doesn’t come to fruition then I’m happy with a shitey one nil win, and back down the road with the 3 pts.

Na, 3-0 Hearts, Boyce hat-trick, everyone to moan cos the first was a penalty, the second he took too long to shoot and the third the keeper nearly got to it.

GMS with 2 asists, but 4/10 on the player ratings thread cos he "looks a bit poofy"

Dundee 1 Heart of Midlothian 3.

Boycie from the spot in the 1st half, Boycie from open play early in the second half then a 3rd from GMS.

Cummings off the bench to score for them but we hold on comfortably in front of a large and noisy Hearts support.

4 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Think that sounds about right

Gordon

Soapy Halks Kings

Smith McEneff Haring Cochrane

Ginnelly Boyce McKay

Would like to see Pollock on bench and maybe get a run if he's ready.  More likely I think will be Halliday in middle with Haring

Isn’t Ginnelly suspended after his red card against Rangers?

Is Devlin suspended for this game or the next? No Beni AND Devlin would be tough. 

Saying that Dundee were absolutely dug meat against Hibs so it’s a game we should be winning comfortably. 

Would be delighted with any kind of win.

Edited by DS98

21 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Is Devlin suspended for this game or the next? No Beni AND Devlin would be tough. 

Saying that Dundee were absolutely dug meat against Hibs so it’s a game we should be winning comfortably. 

Would be delighted with any kind of win.

He’s suspended for RC at home. (Suspension doesn’t kick in for 14 days).