*****Official Dundee v Hearts Match Day Thread*****

GinRummy

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

We’ve all had eneff of it ☹️

🤣🤣

Arite you pipe down there Gunwoozy

Youd think this place would be sort of sensible after a win away at Dundee in winter

Edited by sadj

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• King prawn

• A.JAMBO

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

🤣🤣

Arite you pipe down there Gunwoozy

Youd think this place would be sort of sensible after a win away at Dundee in winter

I’d hate it if it got sensible tbh. 😂

Just now, GinRummy said:

I’d hate it if it got sensible tbh. 😂

I said sort of sensible 😉

Anyway back to my film 

signed SidB

7 hours ago, mitch41 said:

You are easily pleased because playing that way is not acceptable. 

Hibs turn you down for manager/head coach too?

15 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

You must feel a bit stupid now eh?

Not really I don’t jump on and off the Robbie love fest been a jambo for 50 odd years and he is one of the most I’ll equipped managers we’ve had , boring football, indecision and total lack of imagination sorry but I think Hearts deserve far more than what we are getting at the moment. I hope being fan run we will be looking further afield for management in the future as I would let most Scottish managers run a bath. Most of them are stuck in the past with no imagination 

Ex member of the SaS

As much as I want Robbie gone we won't be doing so while we are in third. My biggest moan about him is he can't seem to see how a game is panning out, and takes too long to make a sub and even when he does he takes off the wrong player. Bringing on Walker was the right move ( a little late ) but it should have been Haliday that went. 

He can't seem to get the players up for the lower teams and I feel the animosity towards Dundee due to recent events backfired and gee'd them up more than us.

Really thought they would get a lucky goal and win or at least get the draw, never been happier to see the final whistle.

Come on Robbie get the attacking players on more and get the defense playing the ball forward quicker, get them playing with pride and passion.

Ex member of the SaS
3 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Not really I don’t jump on and off the Robbie love fest been a jambo for 50 odd years and he is one of the most I’ll equipped managers we’ve had , boring football, indecision and total lack of imagination sorry but I think Hearts deserve far more than what we are getting at the moment. I hope being fan run we will be looking further afield for management in the future as I would let most Scottish managers run a bath. Most of them are stuck in the past with no imagination 

Have to agree, Robbie is doing well but we need someone who can take us up a level. Won't happen while we are up there but if we drop down next season I hope we are not slow to pull the trigger.

5 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Have to agree, Robbie is doing well but we need someone who can take us up a level. Won't happen while we are up there but if we drop down next season I hope we are not slow to pull the trigger.

Hasn't Robbie already taken us up a level, or am I missing something?

I avoided the result yesterday and sat and watched the full match replay later on at night. Goodness me. That was not pretty to watch. Dundee were pitiful and yet we completely failed to take advantage of that fact and put in a strong performance or play any football at all. The performance was very disappointing I felt. Thankfully we got the result in the end. 

MOTM - Peter Haring. Very strong performance from him.

The positives for me were keeping a clean sheet and the performances of Craig Halkett, Peter Haring, Ben Woodburn, and Jamie Walker.

The negatives were the lack of good football on display, Stephen Kingsley getting injured, seeing Andy Halliday picked ahead of Alex Cochrane again, and Robbie Neilson telling me post match that I had just watched a good Hearts performance(who are you kidding mate?).

Delighted to get the win. Very pleased for Jamie Walker to come on and score the winner. The performance level has to be raised though. 

Ex member of the SaS
3 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Hasn't Robbie already taken us up a level, or am I missing something?

My dug could take us up a level from the Levein years. so hardly an endorsement. 

Ex member of the SaS

If Dundee had fielded a full team we would have lost that game. C Adam is old and past it but would still have controlled the midfield and his passing would have put a severe strain on the defense. Still a win is a win and we have to do better in the next could if we want to command third.

3 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

My dug could take us up a level from the Levein years. so hardly an endorsement. 

All you're arguing for is that yer dug would've been a better bet than Stendal. So what? Robbie's stats are better than most ... by quite a margin.

2 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

If Dundee had fielded a full team we would have lost that game. C Adam is old and past it but would still have controlled the midfield and his passing would have put a severe strain on the defense. Still a win is a win and we have to do better in the next could if we want to command third.

👆 In your imagination. We won.

Ex member of the SaS
Just now, The Treasurer said:

Could one of the Robbie haters or the we deserve better crew let us know who they have in mind to replace him.

We have more qualified people to search out candidates. Personally don't follow every manager or team out there so I exclude myself from speculation. However even the most ardent Robbie fan can surely see his short comings. On the other hand maybe it's not ALL down to Robbie as elbows seems to have a lot to say during a game.

The Treasurer
1 minute ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

We have more qualified people to search out candidates. Personally don't follow every manager or team out there so I exclude myself from speculation. However even the most ardent Robbie fan can surely see his short comings. On the other hand maybe it's not ALL down to Robbie as elbows seems to have a lot to say during a game.

So what you mean is, you don't have a clue as to who, within our budget, could do a better job.

23 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

What breed of dog do you have?

Could be important.

Black lab, e.g.  loyal as hell but thick as ××××

You'd think people would have learned from recent history that we can do far, far worse than Robbie Neilson.

3rd would be a great achievement given we've just been promoted. And Europe would benefit us hugely financially and in terms of the calibre of player we'd be able to attract.

Anyway, back to the game, seemed a pretty turgid affair. But we won while not playing well, and that's a good sign. And credit to the manager for the subs that changed the game in our favour.

49 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Shite. Not even the most ill equipped manager of the last 10 years ffs. 

Brick Tamland
36 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Could one of the Robbie haters or the we deserve better crew let us know who they have in mind to replace him.

Beat me to it and I see you have one reply so far but they haven’t named anyone because they don’t feel qualified enough to give a name :cornette:
All the Robbie oot brigade should at least give us the name of a ‘someone in ‘ even if it’s just for the comedy value. 

Edited by Brick Tamland

57 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

55 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

As much as I want Robbie gone we won't be doing so while we are in third. My biggest moan about him is he can't seem to see how a game is panning out, and takes too long to make a sub and even when he does he takes off the wrong player. Bringing on Walker was the right move ( a little late ) but it should have been Haliday that went. 

He can't seem to get the players up for the lower teams and I feel the animosity towards Dundee due to recent events backfired and gee'd them up more than us.

Really thought they would get a lucky goal and win or at least get the draw, never been happier to see the final whistle.

Come on Robbie get the attacking players on more and get the defense playing the ball forward quicker, get them playing with pride and passion.

Surely two of the daftest posts ever to appear on Kickback.

Fozzyonthefence
32 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

So what you mean is, you don't have a clue as to who, within our budget, could do a better job.

Do you?  So nobody can do a better job than Robbie then within our budget, is that what you’re saying?  Absolutely no one within world football?

Fozzyonthefence
46 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

All you're arguing for is that yer dug would've been a better bet than Stendal. So what? Robbie's stats are better than most ... by quite a margin.

Levein actually, he specifically mentioned the Levein years so why did you feel the need to bring Stendel into it?  

48 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

What if we had also fielded a full team? 

1 hour ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

All about whether you want results or sexy, nice football without the results. Very few clubs in world football deliver both. 

in terms of results Neilson has the highest win ratio of all of our managers except Burley.  Burleys ratio almost certainly somewhat inflated due to only 12 games and being in charge during the short period where we were signing players well above our means.  No-one can sensibly deride Neilson’s win ratio in both spells at Hearts. Whether it’s championship or premiership his teams tend to beat the opposition. 

51 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Haring dominated the midfield, and probably still would have even if up against an ageing drunk driver who once got a few games for Liverpool. It was up front we were powder puff and we addressed that by putting on a player who scores when given chances.

Aye, the poster is well off the mark.  We pretty much controlled the whole game and there was a danger of being mugged because we lacked punch upfront, admittedly. But it was up top that let us down until the changes came. 

1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

He made 2 substitutions of choice yesterday,  one assisted the goal and one scored it.

You clowns are unbelievable. 

As soon as we loose a couple of games in a row you'll be back on the guys back .

This isn't Citeh or Chelski, the quality of player he is working with on global term is garbage  We are definitely over achieving atm but making progress every window. 

I watched us batter Dundee earlier in the season and get a point,  yesterday we were the better team and always in control getting the 3 pts . An away win keeping us in third . Just enjoy it and get behind the manager and players ffs 

The Apprentice

A really important 3 points going into two home games on paper we should be winning comfortably. I do worry slightly if we go into them without Boyce. RC and ST J won’t come and open up so we will need to be much better going forward than we were yesterday. 

Oddly after being frozen out Jamie Walker could end up being our most important player over the next two games if Boyce isn’t fit! 

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, ramrod said:

He made 2 substitutions of choice yesterday,  one assisted the goal and one scored it.

You clowns are unbelievable. 

As soon as we loose a couple of games in a row you'll be back on the guys back .

This isn't Citeh or Chelski, the quality of player he is working with on global term is garbage  We are definitely over achieving atm but making progress every window. 

I watched us batter Dundee earlier in the season and get a point,  yesterday we were the better team and always in control getting the 3 pts . An away win keeping us in third . Just enjoy it and get behind the manager and players ffs 

I agree with most of that but how is Scotland’s 3rd biggest club being 3rd overachieving?  Finishing top 2 would be overachieving but I don’t expect that will happen again in my lifetime.  That’s why cups, including the so called diddy cup should be so important to us. 

3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I agree with most of that but how is Scotland’s 3rd biggest club being 3rd overachieving?  Finishing top 2 would be overachieving but I don’t expect that will happen again in my lifetime.  That’s why cups, including the so called diddy cup should be so important to us. 

We are overachieving in respect of  the shambles we have been over the last few years .

Being promoted then sitting in 3rd while overhauling the squad is an overachievment imo. But I get your point going forward.

Actually thought we played some good stuff. When we got into dangerous areas we either messed up first touches or just didn't stick to the basics and tried to be too clever. It's been said before but if it all clicks then someone will get a battering.

It's insane to hear criticism of the management. We are 3rd. After the past decade that's brilliant. We are overhauling the squad and playing in the freebie transfer market mostly.

Unlike the arse cheeks fans I don't take this for granted. If this was a computer game, sure we should be 3rd every season.

I would bite your hNd off if you told me the next several seasons were 3rd place finishes. Regular goes at Europe. Throw in a cup and that's phenomenal.

Yes, I want us to win the league. But I'll take yhe above for now. With Robbie at the helm. His record as manager for us is superb.

1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

We didn't have a full team either . 

9 hours ago, Alec Eiffel said:

My observation from today is that GMS, McKay and Devlin are shy in front of goal while Walker isn't.  There is little point in dominating games if the ball rarely ends up in the net.  Statistics from the game say one shot at target.  McEnuf needs to be fitted into midfield.

This Is exactly what I see. Walker gets goals. He might not chase every blade of grass but he is a proven scorer and match winner for us. 

McEneff is a better box to box so I would like to see a DM like Devlin/Beni/haring with McEneff next to them being more of a forward thinking passer. 

part_time_jambo
10 hours ago, hearts00 said:

Just a small thing but not one decent set piece delivery today.  

Overall we controlled the game but were truly awful in the final third.  

Performance level good against Celtic and Rangers but been pretty poor otherwise since the 5-2 win against Dundee Utd. 

However, managed to grind out a few results recently and have a platform now to make ourselves almost uncatchable in 3rd by early January. 

I continue to worry where the goals are going to come from however. 

Overall emotions right now are very pleased where we are in the league but am I wrong to think we should be playing a bit better than we have in the last ten games or so? 

I have no problem with Hearts "grinding out results". They can do it in every game from now until the end of the season and I will be delighted. Rangers and Celtic win league titles by grinding out results in games they don't deserve to win.

2 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Halliday was fine yesterday? One of our better performers first half so not sure how you’ve worked that one out... Cochrane should start ahead of Halliday 100% but the digs at Halliday when he plays well i just don’t get.

1 hour ago, No Idle Talk said:

I avoided the result yesterday and sat and watched the full match replay later on at night. Goodness me. That was not pretty to watch. Dundee were pitiful and yet we completely failed to take advantage of that fact and put in a strong performance or play any football at all. The performance was very disappointing I felt. Thankfully we got the result in the end. 

MOTM - Peter Haring. Very strong performance from him.

The positives for me were keeping a clean sheet and the performances of Craig Halkett, Peter Haring, Ben Woodburn, and Jamie Walker.

The negatives were the lack of good football on display, Stephen Kingsley getting injured, seeing Andy Halliday picked ahead of Alex Cochrane again, and Robbie Neilson telling me post match that I had just watched a good Hearts performance(who are you kidding mate?).

Delighted to get the win. Very pleased for Jamie Walker to come on and score the winner. The performance level has to be raised though. 

Bang on the money. People talk as if this 1-0 win was us thriving, but it was Robbie merely surviving. We were one sloppy pass and an equaliser away from the Tynecastle 1-1 draw. We are squeaking 1 goal wins which have gotten us clear of the rest but we've also played out draws with all the crap teams which has left us miles behind the OF by Christmas after a promising start. Next year we'll also have the distraction of European football perhaps...We should've been able to keep up with them whilst they were in Europe this season. The start of the season indicated that this was possible. Ignoring actual results, the performances are just not there to get the consistency of results required though...

Fozzyonthefence
20 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

I have no problem with Hearts "grinding out results". They can do it in every game from now until the end of the season and I will be delighted. Rangers and Celtic win league titles by grinding out results in games they don't deserve to win.

To be fair, Rangers and Celtic dominate virtually every game they play so probably deserve to win nearly all of them.  It’s what happens when you have a budget way bigger than all your competition, bar one. 

5 minutes ago, Gary Locke said:

Halliday was fine yesterday? One of our better performers first half so not sure how you’ve worked that one out... Cochrane should start ahead of Halliday 100% but the digs at Halliday when he plays well i just don’t get.

Agree. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Would he, aye? 

It's now at the point were the rabid gang need to invent scenerios to justify sacking Bob. 

The mental gymnastics is astounding. 

You're Litterally inventing  stuff up in your head to justify your oot stance. 

Baffling. 

In some peoples eyes we seem to have gone from the ‘worst championship ever’ to the ‘worst Premiership ever’ - I am being a tad extreme. However, for me, we have certainly made acceptable progress in the leagues, over the last few years, from the lows of being bottom of the league, winning the championship to currently being third in the top flight. 

It’s whether Robbie and Joe can continue that progress, both this season and next,that is key for me. Robbie’s Achilles Heel is likely to be the cup and he needs to avoid a cheap exit in that. 

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Bang on the money. People talk as if this 1-0 win was us thriving, but it was Robbie merely surviving. We were one sloppy pass and an equaliser away from the Tynecastle 1-1 draw. We are squeaking 1 goal wins which have gotten us clear of the rest but we've also played out draws with all the crap teams which has left us miles behind the OF by Christmas after a promising start. Next year we'll also have the distraction of European football perhaps...We should've been able to keep up with them whilst they were in Europe this season. The start of the season indicated that this was possible. Ignoring actual results, the performances are just not there to get the consistency of results required though...

We dominated possession, shots, corners and won the game. 

We are third so consistency is clearly there. 

Crap teams, last year it was pub teams to justify your and the rabids stance. 

"We should have been able to keep up with them"........ 😳

Absolutely rabid. 

"ignoring actual results"..... Really? 

Is That is the length you will go to? - you'll ignore results. 

You can't make that up. Hilarious. 

Your post is just absolute nonsense, you've lost all objectivity, your need for Bob to fail is ruining your support for Hearts. 

Entertaining read tho. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

In some peoples eyes we seem to have gone from the ‘worst championship ever’ to the ‘worst Premiership ever’ - I am being a tad extreme. However, for me, we have certainly made acceptable progress in the leagues, over the last few years, from the lows of being bottom of the league, winning the championship to currently being third in the top flight. 

It’s whether Robbie and Joe can continue that progress, both this season and next,that is key for me. Robbie’s Achilles Heel is likely to be the cup and he needs to avoid a cheap exit in that. 

Aye 

Sums it up. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Brick Tamland said:

Beat me to it and I see you have one reply so far but they haven’t named anyone because they don’t feel qualified enough to give a name :cornette:
All the Robbie oot brigade should at least give us the name of a ‘someone in ‘ even if it’s just for the comedy value. 

Tommy Wright and Davidson, for some reason these shouts have gone quiet. 

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We dominated possession, shots, corners and won the game. 

We are third so consistency is clearly there. 

Crap teams, last year it was pub teams to justify your and the rabids stance. 

"We should have been able to keep up with them"........ 😳

Absolutely rabid. 

"ignoring actual results"..... Really? 

Is That is the length you will go to? - you'll ignore results. 

You can't make that up. Hilarious. 

Your post is just absolute nonsense, you've lost all objectivity, your need for Bob to fail is ruining your support for Hearts. 

Entertaining read tho. 

I don't have a major problem with Robbie. I don't want him sacked. I don't think there are dozens of better options out there that we could afford. I think Robbie has proved that he can learn and adapt. However, I don't give full marks where full marks are not merited...

I admire your consistency. I wish Hearts had such consistency! You seek silver linings on every cloud and if there isn't one this week, you hark back to previous ones instead. 

Rabid? really?...A poor performance can be ignored or explained away. Lots of insipid performances cannot though. A good team challenging in a league needs to be winning by more than 1 goal. Otherwise you get the slip-ups like Dundee at Tynecastle which turned a good performance into a poor result. Likewise a good performance is pretty useless if you are 0-2 after 15 minutes and never get that goal which gets you back into the game...

I'm very aware that good performances do not always translate into goals, or wins. However, you are mistaking dominant performance for good performance. Good performance requires that you actually create chances to score and work GKs. Passing a ball around where there is no danger is merely playing out time.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Spellczech said:

I don't have a major problem with Robbie. I don't want him sacked. I don't think there are dozens of better options out there that we could afford. I think Robbie has proved that he can learn and adapt. However, I don't give full marks where full marks are not merited...

I admire your consistency. I wish Hearts had such consistency! You seek silver linings on every cloud and if there isn't one this week, you hark back to previous ones instead. 

Rabid? really?...A poor performance can be ignored or explained away. Lots of insipid performances cannot though. A good team challenging in a league needs to be winning by more than 1 goal. Otherwise you get the slip-ups like Dundee at Tynecastle which turned a good performance into a poor result. Likewise a good performance is pretty useless if you are 0-2 after 15 minutes and never get that goal which gets you back into the game...

I'm very aware that good performances do not always translate into goals, or wins. However, you are mistaking dominant performance for good performance. Good performance requires that you actually create chances to score and work GKs. Passing a ball around where there is no danger is merely playing out time.

Absolutely guff. 

Nonsense. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Absolutely guff. 

Nonsense. 

Well at least I got you to be concise. And for once not even a mention of support for "Bob"