*****Official Dundee v Hearts Match Day Thread*****

GinRummy

17 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

It's really not.

Not always, but the football has generally been good and we are probably doing as well as we can reasonably expect. 

How many times have we finished above 3rd in the last 60 years. 

Never mind 3rd the season is far from over. That’s all you lot say and it’s nonsense when we’re playing without any sort of teamwork, tactics or formation. Our passing, our crossing, our making space to receive a pass or set play needs a lot of work. Work that our Manager and his pals in the dugout & Riccarton are incapable of working on.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• King prawn

• A.JAMBO

Just now, Vlad Magic said:

I didn’t request a name call 👍

I also said “It’s almost as if” 👍

I’ll keep my powder dry till the end of the season or such time that a change is 100% required and in my opinion that time isn’t now.

Fair enough. Would be madness to replace him now. 

5 hours ago, Spellczech said:

He cannot engage on performance. Ask him to and he'll talk about results. Ask him about coaching and he'll tell you Hearts are third in the league. Ask about A and he'll talk about Z. Consistency is only as good as your last result for him, unless it suits him to hark back to Robbie being third (or second) in the league when he left years ago, which he's finally stopped banging on about because we are back at third again... - like that is somehow not the minimum Hearts fans should be expecting, let alone hope for...

It's like taking the old football saying "you are only as good as your last result" and re-writing it as "you are only as good as your last good result" and that is where he wants to be. Must be nice, cosy and safe there.

Be critical in any way and he'll use inflammatory language and claim you are fundamentally anti-"Bob"

Absolutely this

19 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

Try these

Portrait Boy Adhesive Bandage Over His Stock Photo (Edit Now) 18718660

Tbf im pretty sure oor Mitchy will still have the same opinions on everything Hearts if he used them

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Vlad Magic said:

I didn’t request a name call 👍

I also said “It’s almost as if” 👍

I’ll keep my powder dry till the end of the season or such time that a change is 100% required and in my opinion that time isn’t now.

Is anyone actually saying he should be replaced now? Last season pretty much everyone was saying he should be sacked, even the biggest Robbie fan boys.  I agree, now id not the time but it doesn’t mean many of us still don’t have doubts about him being the right man. 

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

Is anyone actually saying he should be replaced now? Last season pretty much everyone was saying he should be sacked, even the biggest Robbie fan boys.  I agree, now id not the time but it doesn’t mean many of us still don’t have doubts about him being the right man. 

Got Mitch blocked? 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, mitch41 said:

Never mind 3rd the season is far from over. That’s all you lot say and it’s nonsense when we’re playing without any sort of teamwork, tactics or formation. Our passing, our crossing, our making space to receive a pass or set play needs a lot of work. Work that our Manager and his pals in the dugout & Riccarton are incapable of working on.

Teamwork: We've brought in half a team of new players and have been playing like a team from the very first game. The team spirit is clear. We also signed something the team has lacked for many years - a cult player who connects with the fans in Devlin

Tactics and formation: Night and day from the last few years - players who know what they have to do, a set formation that has worked (an attacking formation to boot). We're not so fluid without Beni but on our budget it's hard for us to have an equal quality replacement on the bench.

Passing: We've played very good passing football this season - much more positive in terms of trying to play a forward pass when we can and making good decisions when to turn back and retain possession to build from the back again

Crossing: Still could be improved

Set plays: Neilson signed the best free kick taker we've had in years, have no idea of the stats from our other set pieces, probably middling

You've left out the one criticism that could be aimed at the team - a lack of clinical finishing. If we were better in front of goal we'd be closer to the OF.

13 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Teamwork: We've brought in half a team of new players and have been playing like a team from the very first game. The team spirit is clear. We also signed something the team has lacked for many years - a cult player who connects with the fans in Devlin

Tactics and formation: Night and day from the last few years - players who know what they have to do, a set formation that has worked (an attacking formation to boot). We're not so fluid without Beni but on our budget it's hard for us to have an equal quality replacement on the bench.

Passing: We've played very good passing football this season - much more positive in terms of trying to play a forward pass when we can and making good decisions when to turn back and retain possession to build from the back again

Crossing: Still could be improved

Set plays: Neilson signed the best free kick taker we've had in years, have no idea of the stats from our other set pieces, probably middling

You've left out the one criticism that could be aimed at the team - a lack of clinical finishing. If we were better in front of goal we'd be closer to the OF.

There’s so many holes in your points I could right a book on them.

44 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

Try these

Portrait Boy Adhesive Bandage Over His Stock Photo (Edit Now) 18718660

Too many on here wear these but we cannot blame them as the Motherwell away defeat where we were a disgrace and an embarrassment has made Neilson , and not for the first time, a liability.

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, Spellczech said:

He cannot engage on performance. Ask him to and he'll talk about results. Ask him about coaching and he'll tell you Hearts are third in the league. Ask about A and he'll talk about Z. Consistency is only as good as your last result for him, unless it suits him to hark back to Robbie being third (or second) in the league when he left years ago, which he's finally stopped banging on about because we are back at third again... - like that is somehow not the minimum Hearts fans should be expecting, let alone hope for...

It's like taking the old football saying "you are only as good as your last result" and re-writing it as "you are only as good as your last good result" and that is where he wants to be. Must be nice, cosy and safe there.

Be critical in any way and he'll use inflammatory language and claim you are fundamentally anti-"Bob"

That post makes little sense. 

Performance is subjective. 

Results are facts

Performance is also secondary to results. 

Consistency is not about the last result, the league table sorts that out over a season. 

Your last result ramble is just that, but the thread is about that-or should be.

I have been critical of Bob, it's just that your posts and criticism are not joining up with the teams performance and results which the league table shows. 

In short your posts are making no sense. 

We aren't performing well-we controlled that game yesterday from start to finish. 

Consistency - the league table shows we are consistent, currently the 3rd most consistent team in the country. 

6 hours ago, john thomas said:

You are absolutely correct . Crap game , great three points . Very top teams have days like this too .

We've been unlucky against OF recently but played well . Our bread and butter is to consistently beat the rest . 1-0 wins at the likes of dens park , no matter how poor the performance , is what league football is all about . 

Having said all that think we are more than capable of playing good football , and often do .

Sidenote , watched on TV yesterday last half hour or so had no idea what was happening other side of pitch . Before we scored was hoping for game to be abandoned .

Curious how bad it was for those that were there ?

haven't the foggiest

6 hours ago, Spellczech said:

I don't have a major problem with Robbie. I don't want him sacked. I don't think there are dozens of better options out there that we could afford. I think Robbie has proved that he can learn and adapt. However, I don't give full marks where full marks are not merited...

I admire your consistency. I wish Hearts had such consistency! You seek silver linings on every cloud and if there isn't one this week, you hark back to previous ones instead. 

Rabid? really?...A poor performance can be ignored or explained away. Lots of insipid performances cannot though. A good team challenging in a league needs to be winning by more than 1 goal. Otherwise you get the slip-ups like Dundee at Tynecastle which turned a good performance into a poor result. Likewise a good performance is pretty useless if you are 0-2 after 15 minutes and never get that goal which gets you back into the game...

I'm very aware that good performances do not always translate into goals, or wins. However, you are mistaking dominant performance for good performance. Good performance requires that you actually create chances to score and work GKs. Passing a ball around where there is no danger is merely playing out time.

What’s to disagree with in this assessment?

Yes, we’ve made progress, no doubt about that.

But we can always improve, and constructive comments about how we might go about making those changes are surely part of a healthy dialogue among people who care about HMFC.

Participating in such a dialogue doesn’t mean you hate Robbie, you’re being disloyal or are a closet Hobo.

1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

That's the problem with this place, it's one extreme or the other. Fans can want a better manager while enjoying the wins. There are times when some can see we are poor and need better and the manager's post is one. How many on here think Guando is not good enough yet our scout and manager thought he was good enough for a contract.

Basically it's some can see poor tactics or substitutions, that doesn't mean we don't support the team and sometimes even the worst manager get things right now and again.

To expect Robbie to be dumped when 3rd is ridiculous, but if things don't improve in the cups then options should be considered, as there is no chance of getting higher in this league with the bigot twins in it. So cup are our next priority.

Truth

Right now we are working away to build a side capable of consitancy and competing at the top end of our League. If Robbie and his team plus Joe Savage fail big time. Well they can **** off.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, A.JAMBO said:

You are saying it as it is

No idea why people have it in for our management players etc, we are at the early part of a new era. Robbie has done  a job to get us into a competetive state, the previous idiots layed a bare path for him to work. He has been successful in his remit, very strange people find it hard to get behind him and praise the work done. This is not the time to point fingers accuse or nit pick.Robbie has been getting the same abuse for years. To treat him or talk about him with such disrespect. is a disgrace

Robbie must stay

It was bricklands post. 

We have room for improvement, but  folk calling from him to be replaced or not acknowledging we are doing well are just at it. 

14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It was bricklands post. 

We have room for improvement, but  folk calling from him to be replaced or not acknowledging we are doing well are just at it. 

Bricklands is correct and so are you. Nothing wrong with supporting our players management owners etc. Nothing has happened that has changed our destiny, we are in a great spot and actively seeking players to improve certain aspects of our play. Not looking to bulk up the sqaud either. For me the whole vibration and interaction with the club has improved no end . We do not need to slate people who work hard to deliver a glimpse of what we can do. We are frustrating at the same time as we could or should be 3 wins better off.

So we continue to debate as we continue to keep a gap. Winning away from home under the circumstances is a terrific result. Should be heavily applauded and acclaimed.

Depending on someones petty hate or personal stance. I never expect Hearts to be anything other than Frustrating at times, i have fallen back in love with the Football Team on the pitch, they have a winner attitude and are hard to beat. Sure we will trip ourselfs up at times, but this is a far better time for us all and a football team worth our support.

, i never will fall out with Heart Of Midlothian Fc but i will with the dugshite players we have had and still do to some extent. We will replace and improve. Nothing is a given supporting Hearts.

We are back and exactly where people have been crying out to be, yet to some this is not good enough etc.

Rank rotten attiude to have.

Robbie doesn't deserve any of the shit talk, he is still a young Man gaining experience.How does anyone know if he is a world class manager yet ?

Still has plenty time to shine that one up

Edited by A.JAMBO

1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Let’s all agree Robbie is the best manager in the world then and there’s nobody out there out of the thousands of managers,  assistant managers, would be up and coming managers that could do a better job.  Is that what you want to hear?  

Assuming there is someone better out there is not the mistake, getting the wrong man in, however, is. 

And of course we would have been bottom under Levein.  He never at any time looked liked turning it around from the 3-0 pumping at Murrayfield onwards.  His points per game average in his final season was even worse than Stendel’s ffs!

Don’t think anyone has suggested he is world class. There’s always someone better it seems.  It’s just that most clubs, including ours, never seem to hire that manager that’s better than his predecessor and that’s the issue I have with the Robbie out crew. There’s no point in sacking a manager, even if they are third, unless you know the replacement is going to be better. And many of the Robbie out crew just want him out without any suggestions as to who would do a better job and how we could hire them. Crazy. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, A.JAMBO said:

Bricklands is correct and so are you. Nothing wrong with supporting our players management owners etc. Nothing has happened that has changed our destiny, we are in a great spot and actively seeking players to improve certain aspects of our play. Not looking to bulk up the sqaud either. For me the whole vibration and interaction with the club has improved no end . We do not need to slate people who work hard to deliver a glimpse of what we can do. We are frustrating at the same time as we could or should be 3 wins better off.

So we continue to debate as we continue to keep a gap. Winning away from home under the circumstances is a terrific result. Should be heavily applauded and acclaimed.

Depending on someones petty hate or personal stance. I never expect Hearts to be anything other than Frustrating at times, i have fallen back in love with the Football Team on the pitch, they have a winner attitude and are hard to beat. Sure we will trip ourselfs up at times, but this is a far better tiem for s all and a football team worth our support.

, i never will fall out with Heart Of Midlothian Fc but i will with the dugshite players we have had and still do to some extent. We will replace and improve. Nothing is a given supporting Hearts.

We are back and exactly where people have been crying out to be, yet to some this is not good enough etc.

Rank rotten attiude to have.

Well said. 

We are in no way guaranteed 3rd either. 

Aberdeen are getting their act together and Motherwell won't completely go away either. 

Folk thinking we could come up, piss over every team, jolly our way to 3rd spot and give the bigots a challenge haven't been paying attention to the last 40years of Hearts or scottish football. 

Mental expectations. 

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

You lot? You mean Hearts fans?? 

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Don’t think anyone has suggested he is world class. There’s always someone better it seems.  It’s just that most clubs, including ours, never seem to hire that manager that’s better than his predecessor and that’s the issue I have with the Robbie out crew. There’s no point in sacking a manager, even if they are third, unless you know the replacement is going to be better. And many of the Robbie out crew just want him out without any suggestions as to who would do a better job and how we could hire them. Crazy. 

You never know that the next manager is going to be better though. You always hope they will be. There’s no guarantees in football though. 

8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Well said. 

We are in no way guaranteed 3rd either. 

Aberdeen are getting their act together and Motherwell won't completely go away either. 

Folk thinking we could come up, piss over every team, jolly our way to 3rd spot and give the bigots a challenge haven't been paying attention to the last 40years of Hearts or scottish football. 

Mental expectations. 

Our players are in and out carrying knocks etc. Ginnelly was rightly slaughtered for his red card , should of shut it as Cam had resolved the intitial act.

Boycie  still nursing a previous injury while playing for NI , GMS had a back injury from his time in The USA, slaughtered. Jamie Brandon a young Hearts player out injuried for near a year. Slaughtered

No idea what is going on here, a load of us supported a Hearts side that failed tO deliver, but we adored them for at least trying to play attacking football.Anyways i may shut up now as it is sickening me how our PLayers and coaching staff are cowarldy abused. Those with the talk should go tell Robbie and everyone else in person their thoughts.

Probably not fit enough to stand up to the man never mind run away.

Edited by A.JAMBO

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Are You sure your watching Hearts? 

Maybe you were watching Leeds the last few weeks and have gotten confused, or playing fifa and blanked out? 

No teamwork, tactics or formation?

:vrface:

Iirc I also think we are the second highest scorers from set pieces. Maybe 3rd. So that is also shite. 

:getout:

All that and we are that thing that is pissing you off the most - we are 3rd in the league, under Bob. 

You are just gutted we are doing well under him. 

Imagine not being able to enjoy what is happening at our club just now because you want Bob to fail so you can point score. 

Tragic. 

robbie-neilson-3ec240b8-5a24-4310-ba4f-693c1b1ddc4-resize-750 (1).jpg

3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

You never know that the next manager is going to be better though. You always hope they will be. There’s no guarantees in football though. 

Hope versus what you have isn’t a good choice. 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

In neilson’s case right now I’d say that’s true. Cathro, Levein, Stendel, not so much. 

2 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

People who live in the real world. 

Yeah the world where Dugshite Hearts were over turned by a Man who had us second in the SPL before he rudely jumped ship.

Yeah that will be the real world right enough

The made up world has us struggling in it

Edited by A.JAMBO

Let’s all agree Robbie is the best manager in the world then and there’s nobody out there out of the thousands of managers,  assistant managers, would be up and coming managers that could do a better job.  Is that what you want to hear?  

Assuming there is someone better out there is not the mistake, getting the wrong man in, however, is. 

And of course we would have been bottom under Levein.  He never at any time looked liked turning it around from the 3-0 pumping at Murrayfield onwards.  His points per game average in his final season was even worse than Stendel’s ffs!

There is always someone better. 

The trouble is finding one that will accept the wages we can afford to pay. 

In our situation I doubt if there is anyone able to do any better. 

It would be a reckless gamble to replace a competent guy like Robbie without the certainty of success. 

I had to laugh at @Spellczech poster trying to compare our current squad to the one Burley was able to assemble. Even apart from the expensive foreign signings we had no fewer than FIVE Scottish internationalists pulling on the Maroon Jersey. 

They all required to be paid accordingly and of course we know it was good while it lasted but the financials almost killed us. 

We are building slowly and surely and a good stint in European football would enable us to upgrade the squad to try and close the gap a bit. 

Patience is required imo. 

4 minutes ago, luckydug said:

There is always someone better. 

The trouble is finding one that will accept the wages we can afford to pay. 

In our situation I doubt if there is anyone able to do any better. 

It would be a reckless gamble to replace a competent guy like Robbie without the certainty of success. 

I had to laugh at @Spellczech poster trying to compare our current squad to the one Burley was able to assemble. Even apart from the expensive foreign signings we had no fewer than FIVE Scottish internationalists pulling on the Maroon Jersey. 

They all required to be paid accordingly and of course we know it was good while it lasted but the financials almost killed us. 

We are building slowly and surely and a good stint in European football would enable us to upgrade the squad to try and close the gap a bit. 

Patience is required imo. 

We’re at a good level to progress just now but folk have been patient through 5 years of, let’s face it, shite. Too many false starts and stupid decisions in our recent history have caused the impatience.  

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We’re at a good level to progress just now but folk have been patient through 5 years of, let’s face it, shite. Too many false starts and stupid decisions in our recent history have caused the impatience.  

Bang

The very frustration that is dug deep into us all as Hearts Fans.

Hear Hear

It goes back further than the last 5 years or so, this is ingrained into me from the start.

Edited by A.JAMBO

portobellojambo1
2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Burley had players that had won the Champions League and European Championships available to him. He also had a number of other players at the peak of their careers eg Skacel, Hartley, Gordon, Presley. Maybe they made the manager?

I agree there were a few playes around at that time who had a lot of ability. But I was actually thinking more of people like Robbie himself and the likes of Jamie McAllister, and one or two others who suddenly started looking like players, and everyone knew their job on the park. In the present time, despite what some say, I genuinely don't think either Celtic or Rangers are anywhere near as good as the sort of teams they have had in the past, and it just needs someone to get thoughts into the heads of the players we have at the moment. I.E, that if they all apply themselves properly and play as a team then we should be thinking of competing with both of them, as we did in the opening few months Burley was here. Although the game is still played on grass/hybrid surface there is still a need to convince them they can compete, irrespective of the surface player wise each game starts off with 11 players on each side, so getting good vibes into their heads can play its part as it did back then. I don't know your thoughts on things but to me it is a bit sad when the fans say we cannot compete with them, the OF, makes it harder to convince the players they can manage that I'd imagine. Don't get me wrong I still think we need one or two players to put some ooomph into us, but I suspect from his comments (that he wants to compete with the OF) Joe Savage is very possibly working on that. Just feel that once we have the playing squad we want we need to have someone on the management side who can then elevate the full team to the next level, rather than just being happy to be constantly behind the OF.

Edited by portobellojambo1

8 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I don't know your thoughts on things but to me it is a bit sad when the fans say we cannot compete with them, the OF, 

Christ, don't pop over to 'half term' thread. Some fans don't even expect us to compete with the likes of the mighty Livingston/St.Johnstone/Ross C on their own patch.

Edited by Gambo

19 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I agree there were a few playes around at that time who had a lot of ability. But I was actually thinking more of people like Robbie himself and the likes of Jamie McAllister, and one or two others who suddenly started looking like players, and everyone knew their job on the park. In the present time, despite what some say, I genuinely don't think either Celtic or Rangers are anywhere near as good as the sort of teams they have had in the past, and it just needs someone to get thoughts into the heads of the players we have at the moment. I.E, that if they all apply themselves properly and play as a team then we should be thinking of competing with both of them, as we did in the opening few months Burley was here. Although the game is still played on grass/hybrid surface there is still a need to convince them they can compete, irrespective of the surface player wise each game starts off with 11 players on each side, so getting good vibes into their heads can play its part as it did back then. I don't know your thoughts on things but to me it is a bit sad when the fans say we cannot compete with them, the OF, makes it harder to convince the players they can manage that I'd imagine. Don't get me wrong I still think we need one or two players to put some ooomph into us, but I suspect from his comments (that he wants to compete with the OF) Joe Savage is very possibly working on that. Just feel that once we have the playing squad we want we need to have someone on the management side who can then elevate the full team to the next level, rather than just being happy to be constantly behind the OF.

I think we could compete with them but it’s a year or two away and needs a much healthier financial climate. We are five or six players short and that’s two or three windows in all probability esp as many of todays top players will be gone by then eg Gordon, Soutar. 

33 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

No one has settled for anything. plenty big games to be played. Why not get up for it , instead of making what if points on situations that as yet have not happened this season.

It takes time to settle in and find your feet, not just as players but also as staff in the club. This is a turning point that has many parts falling into place, the direction is stated in the league table.

Until that changes there is no need for what if's and etc.

Edited by A.JAMBO

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Who's happy to be behind the of? 

Ironically Bob was the last Hearts manager to Finish above one of the OF and one of the few to do it in the last 25 years. 

Pesky facts again. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

It depends on the circumstances.  It’s often a necessity.  Are you saying if we were bottom of the league or not far off, you wouldn’t make a change in the hope the new manager could improve things?  That would be a crazy way to run a football club.  

Do you think football club boards always have a successor in mind when they sack a failing manager?  Our board clearly didn’t when they sacked Levein.  In most cases it’s a reaction by the board and they don’t have someone lined up.  Yet you and certain other posters expect your average fan on here to have a replacement already lined up with details of the financial package they require or you’re not allowed to criticise the current manager.  Mental. 

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

It depends on the circumstances.  It’s often a necessity.  Are you saying if we were bottom of the league or not far off, you wouldn’t make a change in the hope the new manager could improve things?  That would be a crazy way to run a football club.  

Do you think football club boards always have a successor in mind when they sack a failing manager?  Our board clearly didn’t when they sacked Levein.  In most cases it’s a reaction by the board and they don’t have someone lined up.  Yet you and certain other posters expect your average fan on here to have a replacement already lined up with details of the financial package they require or you’re not allowed to criticise the current manager.  Mental. 

That’s exactly what we did with Stendel and Cathro tbh. 
Football clubs are businesses and for a business to fire its main management person without having a succession plan is just crazy.  Football has its own culture though and in most cases one poor performing manager follows another. 
im not fussed about financial package or anything else you mention.  I just don’t see the need for change for changes sake.  And that’s what many football clubs do. Not sure what owners and fans really expect to happen with change. 

Fozzyonthefence
8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

That’s exactly what we did with Stendel and Cathro tbh. 
Football clubs are businesses and for a business to fire its main management person without having a succession plan is just crazy.  Football has its own culture though and in most cases one poor performing manager follows another. 
im not fussed about financial package or anything else you mention.  I just don’t see the need for change for changes sake.  And that’s what many football clubs do. Not sure what owners and fans really expect to happen with change. 

The financial consequences of relegation can be dire though, especially from the English Premiership so it’s probably not surprising some of the boards down there are trigger happy.  Our board was far too slow to react with Levein unfortunately and we know what happened. Loyalty to under performing managers is pretty rare in football these days. 

The financial consequences of relegation can be dire though, especially from the English Premiership so it’s probably not surprising some of the boards down there are trigger happy.  Our board was far too slow to react with Levein unfortunately and we know what happened. Loyalty to under performing managers is pretty rare in football these days. 

Agreed, however the replacements they regularly bring in typically do no better. 

Just read an article about why Cummings was not selected yesterday. According to McPake he was “unfit to train”. (Hungover). Reading between the lines McPake has had enough of that tosser. League one beckoning?

On 18/12/2021 at 20:40, mitch41 said:

You are easily pleased because playing that way is not acceptable. 

If being clear in 3rd half way through the season is being easily pleased then sign me up on the easily pleased train pronto. Thanks.

We are 3rd in the league. Fact.

We have the 3rd best goal difference. Fact.

We have the 3rd best goals scored. Fact.

We have the 3rd least goals against. Fact.

We are the 3rd best team in Scotland. Fact.

Robbie Neilson is the best Hearts manager in over a decade. Fact.

When Robbie Neilson left Hearts the first time round we became shite. Fact.

Robbie Neilson deserves huge credit for his record as Hearts manager and for vast improvement in our standing since taking over. Personal opinions on performances are irrelevant, results matter and Robbie gets us them.

3 hours ago, CloustonHMFC said:

We are 3rd in the league. Fact.

We have the 3rd best goal difference. Fact.

We have the 3rd best goals scored. Fact.

We have the 3rd least goals against. Fact.

We are the 3rd best team in Scotland. Fact.

Robbie Neilson is the best Hearts manager in over a decade. Fact.

When Robbie Neilson left Hearts the first time round we became shite. Fact.

Robbie Neilson deserves huge credit for his record as Hearts manager and for vast improvement in our standing since taking over. Personal opinions on performances are irrelevant, results matter and Robbie gets us them.

:greatpost:

48 minutes ago, Barack said:

We are 3rd in the league.

We should be 2nd in the league. And would be if it wasn't for draws, due to Robbie's tactics. JKB FACT.

We should have a better Goal Difference. This is Liam Boyce's fault. JKB FACT.

We have the 3rd best goals scored. Still Liam Boyce's fault. JKB FACT.

We have the 3rd least goals against.

This is annoyingly due to Craig Gordon doing his job and saving things. JKB FACT.

We are the 3rd best team in Scotland. Aye, for now.

Robbie will **** it up somehow though.* (*Secretly hoping). JKB FACT.

Robbie Neilson is the best Hearts Manager in over a decade.

He's just Levein Mark II, & lucky so far. JKB FACT.

When Robbie Neilson left us the first time around we became shite.

"Phoodle" shat it and left us hanging. We were then left with Cathro & Levein and became shite. Phoodle's fault. JKB FACT.*

*Some people may, or may not, see the sarcasm in the above post. With elements of FACT thrown in.

You forgot the only reason we are 3rd is because of Savage. (JKB Fact)

👍

Fozzyonthefence
16 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Am i right in thinking Jamies goal was quite a tight angle, dispatched it well imo.

Good on the lad.

Quite a tight angle but basically a tap in.  His wrongly disallowed goal was, however,  a very good finish.

I just watched the replay, did anyone notice the role played by Barry McKay in the build up? The ball breaks to him in the box, he quickly kills it take a step to the side for space dinks the ball on to McEneffs foot past four Dundee defenders. The guy is class.