*****Official Dundee v Hearts Match Day Thread*****

GinRummy

Jambo in Bathgate
3 minutes ago, wallace_mercer said:

Ps Neilson has his faults but he is the best manager we have had since Burley as proven by resultsΒ 

Β 

Β 

πŸ‘

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• King prawn

• A.JAMBO

8 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

If all you lot think that all is well because we're 3rd in the league with a lot of crap teams below us fine. But your head is in the clouds.

Β 

I'm quite glad my head's in the clouds.

Β 

I'd hate to be where your head is lately.

Β 

πŸ˜³πŸ˜³πŸ˜³πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Β 

Aside from one mistake, Souttar was outstanding today.Β 

And he absolutely smashed Griffiths who had kicked out at him about 15 minutes before, seen by Collum who apparently decided that’s just a warning

Voice of reason

It was ugly at timesΒ but Hearts totally dominated that second half. Probably with Boyce playing that ends at least 3-0 to Hearts. If we sign a couple of good strikers in January then we’ll easily finish 3rd.Β 

Kickback fans are brilliant. Play brilliant last week, get beat, boo neilson out. Play pish today, win, boo neilson out. πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆΒ  people just need to put their own agendas to 1 side and bet back to supporting the team. That should be the only agenda πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‡±πŸ‡»πŸ‡±πŸ‡»

7 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

next 5 leagueΒ  games are in Edinburgh; Ross C (H), St J (H), Hibs (a), Celtic (H), Motherwell (H)

Play our cards right and that Motherwell game could putΒ 3rd out of reach for everyone else.

40 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

You are easily pleased because playing that way is not acceptable.Β 

So what do you think is the problem? Personally I think our league position this season is a reflection of how crap the league is this year more than anything else...Look at St J - Won 2 cups last season, then lost 2 players in the summer and now propping up the league just before Christmas...

Β 

But getting back to Hearts, I think our big problem is the players aren't really settled into a formation still. Robbie spent much of last season trying different things, and it only came together in the last few matches (again a crap league hid some of the flaws we had). This season we are again trying a few different things and unless Boyce scores, we find it really hard to get goals. 1 shot on target in Dundee is not very good. Watching Rangers last week was interesting as for me is showed a team with a settled formation and players who are clearly coached. For me 60% of coaching at professional level should be about the transition from defence to attack and attack to defence. Rangers look like they know how to do it. We look clunky and unsure about how to do it...

Edited by Spellczech

It’s been said elsewhere but β€œwinning ugly” is important. It’s whatβ€˜d been missing from the team’s repertoire.

Difficult assignment, difficult venue, on the back of a disappointing result. So to dig in and grind out this result is massively encouraging.

So, well doneΒ Robbie and team (with a special mention for Mr Walker).Β 

Β 

12 minutes ago, Faldo said:

Kickback fans are brilliant. Play brilliant last week, get beat, boo neilson out. Play pish today, win, boo neilson out. πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆΒ  people just need to put their own agendas to 1 side and bet back to supporting the team. That should be the only agenda πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‡±πŸ‡»πŸ‡±πŸ‡»

Β 

Didnt even play bad today, controlled the game from start to finish, we have some weird thing when we win a few games were we think we world class and should be swashbuckling on a weekly basis.

21 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Β 

Not this one though

Β 

Β 

thats disgusting

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

the thumb adding the extra rolls trying to get another player booked

13 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

So what do you think is the problem? Personally I think our league position this season is a reflection of how crap the league is this year more than anything else...Look at St J - Won 2 cups last season, then lost 2 players in the summer and now propping up the league just before Christmas...

Β 

But getting back to Hearts, I think our big problem is the players are really settled into a formation still. Robbie spent much of last season trying different things, and it only came together in the last few matches (again a crap league hid some of the flaws we had). This season we are again trying a few different things and unless Boyce scores, we find it really hard to get goals. 1 shot on target in Dundee is not very good. Watching Rangers last week was interesting as for me is showed a team with a settled formation and players who are clearly coached. For me 60% of coaching at professional level should be about the transition from defence to attack and attack to defence. Rangers look like they know how to do it. We look clunky and unsure about how to do it...

Players seem too controlled now. Β A lot of our first halves highlight how much we are drilled on a way of playing. Sometimes players look too particular in their movements or take a second or two longerΒ than they should thinking about where they should be.Β 
Β 

If we haven’t scored, we open up in the second half. Players look more expressive.Β 
Β 

Its interesting. Before Rangnick was appointed at Man U all the talk was about his alleged genius withΒ tactics and systems. Once appointed there was a list of quotes printed about his thoughts on football. One caught my eye was, β€œthe biggest untapped potential lies in the footballer’sΒ brain”.

Β 

That could mean a few things but part says to me you give freedom to your technicians in the team. Β 

Β 

Edited by Debut 4

Naisys Tackle
3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

St Johnstone looking none too clever down there now. WereΒ never my favourites for the drop but 14 points at this stage is dodgy.Β 

Hopefully they are too much of a team and pull things together.Β 

34 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Β 

You need to read more carefully. That's not what people are saying. Most people are saying we need better players especially up front.Β 

Β 

But most good sides without unlimited funds and even those that do build gradually.Β 

Exactly how it isΒ 

Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

Hopefully they are too much of a team and pull things together.Β 

Yep. Despite my dislike of Dundee, I’d like Ross County down. The medicine chat still irks me.Β 

Captain Lithuania
54 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Playing the way we did today is not acceptable.Β 

How do you want us to play? What is acceptable? What is the remedy for this problem?

ScandinavianJambo
25 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Β 

But getting back to Hearts, I think our big problem is the players aren't really settled into a formation still. Robbie spent much of last season trying different things, and it only came together in the last few matches (again a crap league hid some of the flaws we had). This season we are again trying a few different things and unless Boyce scores, we find it really hard to get goals. 1 shot on target in Dundee is not very good. Watching Rangers last week was interesting as for me is showed a team with a settled formation and players who are clearly coached. For me 60% of coaching at professional level should be about the transition from defence to attack and attack to defence. Rangers look like they know how to do it. We look clunky and unsure about how to do it...

Rangers and Heart's have a completely different wage bill. Hearts are doing well with what we got. Benie being out of the team really shows as well, please take that into account. However, we are still winning and sitting neatly in third place. What is wrong with this place?!

4 minutes ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

Rangers and Heart's have a completely different wage bill. Hearts are doing well with what we got. Benie being out of the team really shows as well, please take that into account. However, we are still winning and sitting neatly in third place. What is wrong with this place?!

Thanks for the every cloud has a silver lining pep-talk. Yes there are positives for you to list. We are indeed 3rd but having seen the other teams this season we should be 3rd...Did I not say the league is rubbish?

Β 

We had 1 shot on target. We scored with it. Dundee had 1 shot on target. They missed it. That is the only difference between the teams at the end of the day. They had a weaker team than turned out for them at Tynecastle yet they could've mugged us again...I suspect you'd have offered up different justifications for it being a frustrating, unlucky result if they had.Β 

Β 

Just because we won today, doesn't hide that there are not many goals in the team. Unlike last week, we didn't even manage to create chances to miss this week...

Β 

My post was an attempt to question why we only created one shot on target in 90 mins against an injury ravaged crap team.Β  Beni is not as influential a player for us as Adam is for Dundee...

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Time will tell. Bleeding eyes alert ! We have no organisation, no tactics, no team work and team selection that reeks of favouritism.Β 

Yeah. That’s why we’re 5 points clear in 3rd.Β 

Naisys Tackle
43 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yep. Despite my dislike of Dundee, I’d like Ross County down. The medicine chat still irks me.Β 

Β 

Good call.Β 

50 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Agree, don’t actually mind the club, but Roy McGregor is a horrible little man. Would serve him right

25 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Thanks for the every cloud has a silver lining pep-talk. Yes there are positives for you to list. We are indeed 3rd but having seen the other teams this season we should be 3rd...Did I not say the league is rubbish?

Β 

We had 1 shot on target. We scored with it. Dundee had 1 shot on target. They missed it. That is the only difference between the teams at the end of the day. They had a weaker team than turned out for them at Tynecastle yet they could've mugged us again...I suspect you'd have offered up different justifications for it being a frustrating, unlucky result if they had.Β 

Β 

Just because we won today, doesn't hide that there are not many goals in the team. Unlike last week, we didn't even manage to create chances to miss this week...

Β 

My post was an attempt to question why we only created one shot on target in 90 mins against an injury ravaged crap team.Β  Beni is not as influential a player for us as Adam is for Dundee...

Rangers only had 2 shots on target first half we had several so I am not following your logic it’s goals that matter not shots on targetΒ 

Pish game, great result, 3 points, Griffiths wiped out, Dundee 0 points, Boyce,Β Smith,Β Beni, Kingsley out, Walker showing his worth, McPake greeting, Robbie justifying why we didn’t sell out our end due to the mysterious missing email fiasco, Mitch losing his shit on here, all in all, a very acceptable day in my book πŸ‡±πŸ‡»β€οΈπŸ‡±πŸ‡» FTH

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Β 

Not this one though

Β 

Β 

Considering the ball wasn’t involved, I’m quite relieved the ref didn’t view that more seriously.Β 

Mind you, it’s Griffiths 🀒
Β 

3 minutes ago, Kyle1874 said:

Rangers only had 2 shots on target first half we had several so I am not following your logic it’s goals that matter not shots on targetΒ 

Depends. Do you prefer to watch a football match or just the Sportscene Results show is enough?

2 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Depends. Do you prefer to watch a football match or just the Sportscene Results show is enough?

Don’t have my season ticket because of work and watched the full game same as I did last week played well last week and were the better team played poor today and won so would you rather we play well and lose ?Β 

InternationalJambo
1 hour ago, PortyBeach said:

It’s been said elsewhere but β€œwinning ugly” is important. It’s whatβ€˜d been missing from the team’s repertoire.

Difficult assignment, difficult venue, on the back of a disappointing result. So to dig in and grind out this result is massively encouraging.

So, well doneΒ Robbie and team (with a special mention for Mr Walker).Β 

Β 

This is where I’m at.Β 

11 minutes ago, Kyle1874 said:

Don’t have my season ticket because of work and watched the full game same as I did last week played well last week and were the better team played poor today and won so would you rather we play well and lose ?Β 

how about playing well and winning that’s my preference

ScandinavianJambo
55 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

We have issues up front, there is no denying that. As much as Walker can create, he I likely to go hot and cold. I agree with us needing a good enough forward (and a number 10 that can get on the score sheet!) But the league is as it normally is, except for Hibs and Aberdeen being more than Sh***. Best of the rest isn'tΒ  exciting but we are back where we belong.

1 hour ago, wallace_mercer said:

Ps Neilson has his faults but he is the best manager we have had since Burley as proven by resultsΒ 

Β 

Β 

Burley is only permanent manager with a better win %age then Neilson. Burley was only manager for 12 games so it’s a very short record. Neilson, based on results over the long haul, is heads and shoulders above any other manager we have had.Β 

Malinga the Swinga

Very fortunate to complete game. The last few minutes were very difficult to see. Reminded me of game away to East Fife, I think it was East Fife, years ago that had to be abandoned in second half.

Think we won replayed game midweek.

16 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Burley is only permanent manager with a better win %age then Neilson. Burley was only manager for 12 games so it’s a very short record. Neilson, based on results over the long haul, is heads and shoulders above any other manager we have had.Β 

Don’t bamboozle them with actual statistics.Β 
Β 

Anyway that stat is irrelevant. We are only where we are because of Craig Gordon.

Β 

Imagine being so desperate to run the club down you use a positive as a negative?

Β 

Anyway it’s mostly Hibs fans and trolls and most people are getting wise to them.

28 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

how about playing well and winning that’s my preference

That’s what we all want but to pick between today or last week to very different performances I know what I would pickΒ 

I don’t know why I am biting 😣 but Mitch how much pish can a man come out with πŸ™„ we controlled that game today, but we really need a sticker πŸ‘πŸ» But what are you really blaming Robbie today πŸ€” because you hate him more than you actually support Hearts πŸ€ͺ

I would like to know where we could get a better/more successful manager than RN based on our budget available.Β 

Tommy Wright is available or more likely some unknown from the bowels of EFL ?Β 

Β 

Β 

Just a small thing but not one decent set piece delivery today. Β 
Β 

Overall we controlled the game but were truly awful in the final third. Β 
Β 

Performance level good against Celtic and Rangers but been pretty poor otherwise since the 5-2 win against Dundee Utd.Β 

Β 

However, managed to grind out a few results recently and have a platform now to make ourselves almost uncatchable in 3rd by early January.Β 
Β 

I continue to worry where the goalsΒ are going to come from however.Β 
Β 

Overall emotions right now are veryΒ pleased where we are in the league but am IΒ wrong to think we should be playing a bit better than we have in the last ten games or so?Β 
Β 

Β 

My observation from today is that GMS, McKay and Devlin are shy in front of goal while Walker isn't. Β There is little point in dominating games if the ball rarely ends up in the net. Β Statistics from the game say one shot at target. Β McEnuf needs to be fitted into midfield.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
4 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Β 

I don’t know how you took that from Rangers but nothing from Hearts - we forced McGregor into making his most saves in one game so far this season.

Β 

Also Rangers are still settling into a new style - it’s been widely remarked that whilstΒ the formation is broadly the same GvB has tweaked the way they play it. Full backs not as high up the pitch for example.

Β 

If I was a Rangers fan I’d have been a bit pissed off with how the game went overall - they would expect to hammer a team after being 2 up early doors.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Tom Hardy’s Dug
35 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Just a small thing but not one decent set piece delivery today. Β 
Β 

Overall we controlled the game but were truly awful in the final third. Β 
Β 

Performance level good against Celtic and Rangers but been pretty poor otherwise since the 5-2 win against Dundee Utd.Β 

Β 

However, managed to grind out a few results recently and have a platform now to make ourselves almost uncatchable in 3rd by early January.Β 
Β 

I continue to worry where the goalsΒ are going to come from however.Β 
Β 

Overall emotions right now are veryΒ pleased where we are in the league but am IΒ wrong to think we should be playing a bit better than we have in the last ten games or so?Β 
Β 

Β 

We’re into winter now. Boyce has effectively been injured or not quite fully match fitness for weeks. Other injuries are kicking in also.

Β 

Results more important than anything at present. That and 2 or 3 additions in the window.

Β 

We’re not Hibs. Let them play with mythicalΒ flair and be bottom 6

5 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Β 

A good comparison is Hibs. Despite good results, their problems which were obvious are showing this season.Β 

Β 

Given the problems we have creating goal scoring chances, this squad is playing above itself. So that must be good coaching.Β 

Β 

5 hours ago, sadj said:

Halliday over Cochrane maybe - the rest nopeΒ 

Β 

We have good organisation , too many tactics at times. Teamwork is def there everyone seems theyll fight for each other too.

Β 

Β 

Your having a laugh……..Aren’t you ?

18 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Β 

Your having a laugh……..Aren’t you ?

No Mitch Im not. We need to take chances we create but we are far from a shambles.Β 

57 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I don’t know how you took that from Rangers but nothing from Hearts - we forced McGregor into making his most saves in one game so far this season.

Β 

Also Rangers are still settling into a new style - it’s been widely remarked that whilstΒ the formation is broadly the same GvB has tweaked the way they play it. Full backs not as high up the pitch for example.

Β 

If I was a Rangers fan I’d have been a bit pissed off with how the game went overall - they would expect to hammer a team after being 2 up early doors.

Place is batshit at times.Β 

1 hour ago, Alec Eiffel said:

My observation from today is that GMS, McKay and Devlin are shy in front of goal while Walker isn't. Β There is little point in dominating games if the ball rarely ends up in the net. Β Statistics from the game say one shot at target. Β McEnuf needs to be fitted into midfield.

this proper ****s me off