Dundee away Sat 18th Dec - tickets

JH-HMFC

5 hours ago, Tiger said:

You can give me all the "I'm a true fan and will follow Hearts everywhere blah blah blah" anyone even thinking about going to this game should have a serious word with themselves.

So, if we end up playing Dundee at Hampden in a cup semi or final you won’t be going because they get 50% of your money? 

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• been here before

• portobellojambo1

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

1 minute ago, Rockwell said:

Going to game 5mins from my house and should get to sit anywhere I like in stand happy days 😊😊

Oh and best bit I don't have to give dundee a penny as go as PA

Holding on to anger is like drinking poison in an effort to hurt someone else. Do it if you want, but don’t be surprised if it makes you feel crap.

I’m going with my 15 yr old son and looking forward to another day out watching the team we support.

Happy to give it a miss more to do with it being a pit.

Edited by feedthefox
re-posted original on another thread

portobellojambo1
8 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Surprised at this but respect your decision.

Out of interest was this voted for by your members or just a decision by the committee

I've already posted the details somewhere else on the thread. the constitution was effectively put in place and revolved around the provision of transport for fans to domestic games involving Heart of Midlothian. It could have been dealt with, as happened with a few of the other clubs, at their AGM. We had carried out the audit of our club accounts prior to this season starting, but just detailed the outcome rather than calling an AGM at the time. Once it came time to post on our Facebook we had to include this fixture as the committee cannot make a decision not to go at that stage, the members need to be asked their thoughts. The cost of a coach to Dundee exceeds £400 and we only had 4 people who responded positively. At that stage the committee can then make a decision on whether or not to run a bus and we decided not to. The Federation cannot tell clubs not to run buses, that would defeat the whole purpose of the constitution. Individual clubs deal with their own members and the committee can then make decisions based on the results of questions asked. We decided, based on the cost of the bus and the numbers looking to travel that it made no sense to run a bus. I have no problems with anyone who does plan on travelling to this game, as far as I'm aware there may well be one or two of our members travelling by other means. Everyone has the freedom to choose which way they decide on such things, and all decisions should be respected, even where you may not agree with someone's choice.

7 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

So, if we end up playing Dundee at Hampden in a cup semi or final you won’t be going because they get 50% of your money? 

I think what is being suggested here is a one off boycott to drive home a point. That’s certainly the only thing I’m interested in doing and of course I understand the view of those who don’t mind giving Dundee FC their money to watch and support Hearts at this game. I just don’t agree with them and I won’t be doing it myself. It will be interesting to say the least to see how many go.

Edited by JimmyCant

broxburnjambo
6 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I've already posted the details somewhere else on the thread. the constitution was effectively put in place and revolved around the provision of transport for fans to domestic games involving Heart of Midlothian. It could have been dealt with, as happened with a few of the other clubs, at their AGM. We had carried out the audit of our club accounts prior to this season starting, but just detailed the outcome rather than calling an AGM at the time. Once it came time to post on our Facebook we had to include this fixture as the committee cannot make a decision not to go at that stage, the members need to be asked their thoughts. The cost of a coach to Dundee exceeds £400 and we only had 4 people who responded positively. At that stage the committee can then make a decision on whether or not to run a bus and we decided not to. The Federation cannot tell clubs not to run buses, that would defeat the whole purpose of the constitution. Individual clubs deal with their own members and the committee can then make decisions based on the results of questions asked. We decided, based on the cost of the bus and the numbers looking to travel that it made no sense to run a bus. I have no problems with anyone who does plan on travelling to this game, as far as I'm aware there may well be one or two of our members travelling by other means. Everyone has the freedom to choose which way they decide on such things, and all decisions should be respected, even where you may not agree with someone's choice.

Spot on. 

18 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

Off-topic slightly, but do you know if rugby fans can drink on their buses?

I don't anyone can drink on buses now.  

The Treasurer
7 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Thanks for the reply. 

As you say it's a personal choice and no one should be criticised for going or not 

5 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

I think what is being suggested here is a one off boycott to drive home a point. That’s certainly the only thing I’m interested in doing and of course I understand the view of those who don’t mind giving Dundee FC their money to watch and support Hearts at this game. I just don’t agree with them and I won’t be doing it myself. It will be interesting to say the least to see how many go.

To be honest no-one, including the club, has suggested a boycott. It’s just a number of folk on here saying they won’t be going and a few trying to bully others into not going. It’s an individual choice, I respect yours, but there’s no real moral weight behind a boycott of dens. Yes they changed their minds, for whatever  reason, at the last minute. Again it’s their choice. Their reputation suffered badly as a result. But the reality is that clubs like Celtic Aberdeen and Hibs really drove the decision and if any places should be boycotted it’s their’s. As I mentioned in a previous post Hibs accepted dropping a place in the league, the loss of a significant amount of prizemoney, an earlier start than necessary in Europe and the potential of two full houses against us in 20/21 just to see us out of the top league and potentially into serious financial difficulty. If there’s any place  we should be boycotting its Leith but that’s not a popular idea so let’s pick on Dundee to vent our somewhat childish, misplaced sense of grievance. 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

To be honest no-one, including the club, has suggested a boycott. It’s just a number of folk on here saying they won’t be going and a few trying to bully others into not going. It’s an individual choice, I respect yours, but there’s no real moral weight behind a boycott of dens. Yes they changed their minds, for whatever  reason, at the last minute. Again it’s their choice. Their reputation suffered badly as a result. But the reality is that clubs like Celtic Aberdeen and Hibs really drove the decision and if any places should be boycotted it’s their’s. As I mentioned in a previous post Hibs accepted dropping a place in the league, the loss of a significant amount of prizemoney, an earlier start than necessary in Europe and the potential of two full houses against us in 20/21 just to see us out of the top league and potentially into serious financial difficulty. If there’s any place  we should be boycotting its Leith but that’s not a popular idea so let’s pick on Dundee to vent our somewhat childish, misplaced sense of grievance. 

Wow. Just wow !

20 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Most supporters clubs had taken the decision that for any games played last season buses would not run, but the pandemic sort of shot that in the toe as we were unable to run buses anyway. By the time this season came around most were ready to get on the road again, although I do know a good few individuals who travel on a number of different SC buses who have extended not going to away games to this season. I also agree with you that Dundee were not the only team who voted to bring the league to a close early, but those other teams made their decision from outset but it was clearly documented that Dundee had changed their mind, and then got a loan player from Celtic, which sort of confirmed who had convinced them to change their vote.. Probably shouldn't have gone to Parkhead either, but by just being there it meant Celtic had to put on extra stewarding and police, costing them money. And I know they don't want us there which makes it enjoyable being there knowing all those republican tramps are staring us down.

It's not healthy to be holding grudges. 

It's also hypocritical to be boycotting Dundee and at the same time giving money to the club at the source of the decision to halt the season. 

As for your point about attending in order to force Celtic in to covering stewarding costs, exactly the same could be said about Dundee. 

I won't be going but I'll watch on PPV Scottish football clubs need all the support they can get. 

As I said it's unhealthy all this bitterness and trying to do down rival clubs out of spite imo. 

Move on ffs. 

I'm not going because i've got something else on that day, otherwise I would have gone. Life's too short for boycotts imo. If you want to go to the fitba then just go!

1 minute ago, 1953 said:

I'm not going because i've got something else on that day, otherwise I would have gone. Life's too short for boycotts imo. If you want to go to the fitba then just go!

Indeed. Personal choice. I

might go as I have a free weekend. 

20 hours ago, Rockwell said:

Going to game 5mins from my house and should get to sit anywhere I like in stand happy days 😊😊

yep same, 10 miles away for me so i will be there. 

I’m going to go just to noise up some of the people posting on this thread!

The demotion was a bag of shit, but you know what, life is too short. 

If you don’t want to go then I’ll respect that but consider this, demotion in a weird way may have helped us by allowing us to rebuild a shocking team that Neilson inherited in an environment where we could win most weeks. There’s not many teams who voted against us doing better than us on or off the pitch. 

1 hour ago, Jarhead said:

I’m going to go just to noise up some of the people posting on this thread!

The demotion was a bag of shit, but you know what, life is too short. 

If you don’t want to go then I’ll respect that but consider this, demotion in a weird way may have helped us by allowing us to rebuild a shocking team that Neilson inherited in an environment where we could win most weeks. There’s not many teams who voted against us doing better than us on or off the pitch. 

So Dundee kind of helped us out? Can’t make the game but would be up for sending Nelms some John Lewis vouchers with Christmas coming up. Good will to all men after all. 

56 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

So Dundee kind of helped us out? Can’t make the game but would be up for sending Nelms some John Lewis vouchers with Christmas coming up. Good will to all men after all. 

😀

On reflection, in a way, yes. 
I dread to think what a struggle last season would have been with Berra, Popescu, Kasteneer etc had been playing in the Premier League. 
People who run football clubs tend to arrogantly believe bad things will only happen to other clubs. 
Kilmarnock and Hamilton both voted against us. Where are they now?

And at least one other club who voted against us will also have to take their medicine this season. 
Dundee are an irrelevance in the grand scheme of things IMO. 

27 minutes ago, Jarhead said:

😀

On reflection, in a way, yes. 
I dread to think what a struggle last season would have been with Berra, Popescu, Kasteneer etc had been playing in the Premier League. 
People who run football clubs tend to arrogantly believe bad things will only happen to other clubs. 
Kilmarnock and Hamilton both voted against us. Where are they now?

And at least one other club who voted against us will also have to take their medicine this season. 
Dundee are an irrelevance in the grand scheme of things IMO. 

Yeah, I guess things have turned out fairly well and we’ve definitely come back up as a completely different proposition to the sack of shite that got demoted. As for the boycott, I don’t go to many away games but if I did fancy a trip to Dundee I’d be going and ignoring it. These things only work if everyone is onboard and they’re clearly not. 

been here before
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah, I guess things have turned out fairly well and we’ve definitely come back up as a completely different proposition to the sack of shite that got demoted. As for the boycott, I don’t go to many away games but if I did fancy a trip to Dundee I’d be going and ignoring it. These things only work if everyone is onboard and they’re clearly not. 

There is no boycott to ignore or otherwise. Just a few slavering welts on here.

Youd have to have had a word with yourself mind.

The Hogfather
3 minutes ago, been here before said:

There is no boycott to ignore or otherwise. Just a few slavering welts on here.

Youd have to have had a word with yourself mind.

Or deal with the fact you've no self respect.

been here before
5 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Or deal with the fact you've no self respect.

Aye there is that. And youd have given Dundee some maroon pounds by not being a real Hearts fan.

Edited by been here before

12 minutes ago, Independence said:

I'm going. The team needs and deserves our support. Life is too short!!!!!

Hope you have a great afternoon. 

2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Indeed.

I just cannot forgive what these toerags did to us. 

On reflection I shouldn't have said that people shouldn't go. I won't go but it's a free country. 

Each to their own. I need to lighten up a bit on this subject because with all that's going on in the world it really isn't the be all and end all.

👍well said. 👏👏

22 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Very good post.

Being a nosey git. Are you going to Dens Park under your own steam or even as a passenger in a car?

portobellojambo1
21 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Very good post.

Being a nosey git. Are you going to Dens Park under your own steam or even as a passenger in a car?

No, I'll not be going to Dens Park John, I'll be meeting a few of the guys I travel with somewhere local to have a few drinks.

Still waiting on something from HMFC in relation to tickets for the game down in Auchinleck, which will be our next away fixture on the road.

58 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

No, I'll not be going to Dens Park John, I'll be meeting a few of the guys I travel with somewhere local to have a few drinks.

Still waiting on something from HMFC in relation to tickets for the game down in Auchinleck, which will be our next away fixture on the road.

👍

1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Quite a high loyalty points level for that I think. 

Broxburn Jambo

To be honest, I am to old to travel now, 

But what ever happened I always loved a trip to Dundee ( whether Utd or Dundee)

11 o clock start in the pub in Edinburgh 

12:30 on the bus

14:00 a quick couple of pints 

15:00 THE GAME

19:30ish back in the Capitol (out for the night)

DECIDE FOR YOURSELVES GUYS

The Treasurer
43 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

LPs gained for going to Dens could be vital 😁

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

I'd imagine it could be quite high dave, but I think the vast majority, if not all, who go on our bus, will have sufficient points. I'm really not even sure how many tickets we'll get for the game. My understanding, and I may be off the mark here, is that although their stadium holds 4,000 they may well have to restrict the actual capacity. The last major(ish) side they played was probably their cup tie versus Ayr United and the capacity for that game was set at 3,100. I think for cup ties they have to set aside a certain number of tickets for away fans, and if it was, for example, 25% that would suggest we'd get 775 tickets. We may get more than that if they aren't sure they could attract 2,300. The loyalty points total may be set at an initial figure of say 250, and I'm comfortably over that, as are most, if not all, that travel with us. (I guess HMFC will do a calculation based on our own records of loyalty points, and if for example, there are 800 fans with 250 points they might set it there, and depending on how they sell initially then reduce it to a lower figure. I've no idea how many fans would have that number of loyalty points, the starting points may be a little bit lower but there again I guess it could also be a bit higher if, for example, there are nearer 1,000 fans with 250 points). It could all depend as well I guess on the actual date the game is played. I've spoken to someone down in Auchinleck and all they are saying is the game will be played at their stadium and they believe that it will be played on the Saturday afternoon).

On 08/12/2021 at 22:43, Chuck Berry said:

£26 to Dundee?   not a chance.

Yip ,

and you will most likely get the game on hesgoals for the sum of £0.00p !

On 09/12/2021 at 08:27, Sir Craig Gordon said:

You can if you are smart about it.

Like steering with one hand?

willie wallace
13 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

LPs gained for going to Dens could be vital 😁

I am going to go to the game and now I don't have to make an excuse.

LPs before boycotts👍