Dundee away Sat 18th Dec - tickets

JH-HMFC

portobellojambo1
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Don’t the Federation let member clubs decide every week whether they run a bus or not? 

The clubs do decide every week Dave, as said above the constitution, the reason for the very being of the Federation was/is to provide transport for fans to away fixtures. I think most member clubs work in a similar way, but our club did ask if those who travel with us wanted a bus to run to Dens Park. It was done on the basis that those of us who form the committee of the club were in a position to decide if a bus would run based on responses we received.  The number in favour of running a bus was 4, so the decision was taken that no bus will run. We do put info. out for every away game and if we are ever in a situation where numbers responding means it makes no sense to run a bus we will not do so.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• been here before

• portobellojambo1

• Mikey1874

• The Hogfather

2 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

The clubs do decide every week Dave, as said above the constitution, the reason for the very being of the Federation was/is to provide transport for fans to away fixtures. I think most member clubs work in a similar way, but our club did ask if those who travel with us wanted a bus to run to Dens Park. It was done on the basis that those of us who form the committee of the club were in a position to decide if a bus would run based on responses we received.  The number in favour of running a bus was 4, so the decision was taken that no bus will run. We do put info. out for every away game and if we are ever in a situation where numbers responding means it makes no sense to run a bus we will not do so.

That’s fair enough. I was probably a bit obtuse but did the Federation suggest or recommend that clubs should boycott?

10 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I will be at Easter Road, and we did run a bus to Parkhead last week. I'm aware some clubs voted in a certain way from outset, Dundee didn't, Dundee changed how they voted, and it was that change in vote which proved to be the decisive final vote.

But, with respect, surely you can see that, regardless of how Dundee made an erse of it, the other teams voted us down all said and done. 

There would have been no decisive vote had more clubs sided with us and Rangers. In fact, it could be argued the other clubs were more culpable than Dundee as they didn't waver in their vote.

At the end of the day, Dundee will have to give us the whole stand, so like Park head, as you said above, they'll need to cost that.

been here before
1 minute ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Just out of interest how many buses still go regularly to run of the mill league games?

Im old enough to remember dozens lined up like places along the road by the beach at Pittodire, used to travel  with Westside/ Cross Keys years back but seldom notice any more than a few mini buses these days.

Saw a few coaches in the car park at Livvy mind you.

portobellojambo1

Sorry, this is a reply to "been here before", forgot to attach original post

It can fluctuate, depending on venue/how the team are playing but I'd reckon that around 10-12 coaches are possibly at all/most games ((I've never really counted the coaches in all honesty so that is just a guess).

Edited by portobellojambo1

been here before
1 minute ago, portobellojambo1 said:

It can fluctuate, depending on venue/how the team are playing but I'd reckon that around 10-12 coaches are possibly at all/most games ((I've never really counted the coaches in all honesty so that is just a guess).

Changed days. I used to love the supporters coaches but jyst find the car more convenient these days.

Had a nice nostalgic wee flash back at the Cup final and LC semi v Rangers a couple of years back taking my oldest on the bus thanks to Gambo and his coaches.

Only things missing were the fag smoke, stopping got a pish at the roadside, bevvying in board and the wee football team sweepstake card thing.

portobellojambo1
8 minutes ago, Boab said:

But, with respect, surely you can see that, regardless of how Dundee made an erse of it, the other teams voted us down all said and done. 

There would have been no decisive vote had more clubs sided with us and Rangers. In fact, it could be argued the other clubs were more culpable than Dundee as they didn't waver in their vote.

At the end of the day, Dundee will have to give us the whole stand, so like Park head, as you said above, they'll need to cost that.

I am aware of how and why other clubs voted in a certain manner, and if I'm honest I think if Dundee hadn't said how they would be voting and then changed their vote, i.e. if they had just voted in a certain manner from outset I suspect people would have been upset but just moved on. But it is the fact that they told other clubs how they were voting, said they had submitted their vote, then submited a further different vote which has caused the reaction to the game on Saturday week.

29 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Went to Motherwell, went to Livi, going to Easter Road.

Like others Dundee game is the game I'm deliberately missing.

👍individual choice.  The way it should be. 

19 minutes ago, been here before said:

Just out of interest how many buses still go regularly to run of the mill league games?

Im old enough to remember dozens lined up like places along the road by the beach at Pittodire, used to travel  with Westside/ Cross Keys years back but seldom notice any more than a few mini buses these days.

Saw a few coaches in the car park at Livvy mind you.

Can’t be more than a handful. 

portobellojambo1
6 minutes ago, been here before said:

Changed days. I used to love the supporters coaches but jyst find the car more convenient these days.

Had a nice nostalgic wee flash back at the Cup final and LC semi v Rangers a couple of years back taking my oldest on the bus thanks to Gambo and his coaches.

Only things missing were the fag smoke, stopping got a pish at the roadside, bevvying in board and the wee football team sweepstake card thing.

Unfortunately not allowed to smoke on coaches these days. Likewise, in Scotland, you cannot drink alcohol on buses. I won't go into details but there are two or three clubs which no longer run and in each case the problem was down to the buses being stopped, alcohol being found/consumed on the buses and fines being imposed. We do still have the football card, and split the proceeds between the winner and the bus driver.

August Landmesser
2 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Unfortunately not allowed to smoke on coaches these days. Likewise, in Scotland, you cannot drink alcohol on buses. I won't go into details but there are two or three clubs which no longer run and in each case the problem was down to the buses being stopped, alcohol being found/consumed on the buses and fines being imposed. We do still have the football card, and split the proceeds between the winner and the bus driver.

Off-topic slightly, but do you know if rugby fans can drink on their buses?

This is one we’d normally go to.(4-5 of us) This time we’ll be sitting in the house watching their stream on IPTV. We’ve also decided to pay £1 for every can and bottle the 5 of us drink during the afternoon and donate it to MND.

If there is one game we should boycott and one club we should send a message to, it’s this game and this club. Don’t let this go. Don’t let them forget what they did. Don’t go to this game !!

Its a one off message for us though. We’ll be back next time

Edited by JimmyCant

been here before
4 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

What, no even someone with a shiny, nylon maroon and white quarted peak capped taking 'money for the driver'?

portobellojambo1
14 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Off-topic slightly, but do you know if rugby fans can drink on their buses?

I honesty couldn't tell you, but I'd think it is law relating to bus travel, whether that be football fans, rugby fans or a group of biddys heading for a night out at the bingo. Bit similar to train travel I'd imagine, where in case of trains it is times you can start drinking and have to be stopped by. I apologies if I'm wrong, I can never remember anything coming out relating to buses which was only aimed at football fans.

Edited by portobellojambo1

3 hours ago, Gambo said:

Be lucky to shift 300 for this one.

I believe some, if not all supporters buses are giving this a miss.

Apart from Chris Mackie and his laddie they got two tickets today and put it on facebook then it ended up in a argument and comments going back and forth.

Personally I won't be going BUT I would not laugh at anyone or slag them if they decide to go or not its personal choice, The players will still need the support. We wont take the amount of fans who went to Motherwell and Livingston though. 

The Hogfather

Be getting our tickets at some point this week. I'm not having some stranger on the internet decide which Hearts fixtures I can attend. If you want to go, go. If you don't, then stay at home. The demands for a boycott are embarrassing.

August Landmesser
31 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I honesty couldn't tell you, but I'd think it is law relating to bus travel, whether that be football fans, rugby fans or a group of biddys heading for a night out at the bingo. Bit similar to train travel I'd imagine, where in case of trains it is times you can start drinking and have to be stopped by. I apologies if I'm wrong, I can never remember anything coming out relating to buses which was only aimed at football fans.

Fair enough. I reckon out of those three groups, the bingo biddies would be the rowdiest after a few bus bevvies!

7 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Be getting our tickets at some point this week. I'm not having some stranger on the internet decide which Hearts fixtures I can attend. If you want to go, go. If you don't, then stay at home. The demands for a boycott are embarrassing.

And the questioning and having a strangers opinion on someone they don't know is even bigger embarrassment 

Edited by Stu_HMFC

The Hogfather
1 minute ago, Stu_HMFC said:

And the questioning and having a strangers opinion on someone they don't know is even bigger embarrassment 

I sincerely hope this post wasn't meant to make sense.

Let's hope we sell 0 tickets for this and under 100 if the Uber jammies wearers and arsehole young team are going to cause more mischief. 

1 minute ago, Nunya Business said:

I sincerely hope this post wasn't meant to make sense.

😂

Aye, Its a joke when someone you don't know has a say on your decision, The boy on Facebook is explaining his reasons why he is going, There should be no need to explain your reason to attend a match your team is playing in. 

You can give me all the "I'm a true fan and will follow Hearts everywhere blah blah blah" anyone even thinking about going to this game should have a serious word with themselves.

been here before
14 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Aye but bear in mind at least one of those faceless strangers thinks you're a Hearts fan with no self respect and another faceless slaver believes there is a "widespread boycott" where "most of the Hearts support wont be going" just because a few mini buses have knocked back tickets.

You really should pay attention to what they say you should do, like "having a serious word with yourself"

:rofl:

Edited by been here before

The Hogfather
Just now, Stu_HMFC said:

😂

Aye, Its a joke when someone you don't know has a say on your decision, The boy on Facebook is explaining his reasons why he is going, There should be no need to explain your reason to attend a match your team is playing in. 

100%. Like you said, it's up to the individual. It's pretty pathetic to see other Hearts fans turn on their own because they've decided supporting the team is more important than any boycott. Although not entirely unexpected from some.

1 hour ago, been here before said:

It is changed days, there used to be loads of buses, even Mackenzies boozer in Davy Mains ran a bus back in the day. I doubt that’s still going but I’d be delighted to be proven wrong.

The Hogfather
Just now, been here before said:

Aye but bear in mind at least one of those faceless strangers thinks you're a Hearts fan with no self respect and another faceless slaver believes there is a "widespread boycott" where "most of the Hearts support wont be going" just because a few mini buses have knocked back tickets.

You really should pay attention to what they say you should do.

:rofl:

"Widespread boycott" = "A handful of people I know aren't going".

6 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

"Widespread boycott" = "A handful of people I know aren't going".

I don't know anyone who IS going? I guess we will find out on the day

The Hogfather
Just now, lou said:

I don't know anyone who IS going? I guess we will find out on the day

I don't personally know anyone who's deliberately missing this one. So we will indeed.

3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

It's not my opinion only. It's the opinion of many others, actually.

Still doesn’t give you the right to tell others what to do though, and tell them what you think of them if they don’t follow your opinion.

Bit self righteous likes.

The Treasurer
4 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

This will be the first domestic fixture that Portobello Hearts Supporters Club will not be taking a bus to for a number of years, the last time was up in Aberdeen and was a Sunday, from memory it was a while back, a meaningless fixture and only 6 people were looking to go. Feck Dundee, they got their reward in the form of a player on loan from Celtic.

Surprised at this but respect your decision.

Out of interest was this voted for by your members or just a decision by the committee

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Tiger said:

You can give me all the "I'm a true fan and will follow Hearts everywhere blah blah blah" anyone even thinking about going to this game should have a serious word with themselves.

Do you honestly think Dundee or their fans will give a shit whether there are 30 Hearts fans or 3000 ?

Yes it will cost them a few quid but they'll hardly go bust because of it.

3 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Do you honestly think Dundee or their fans will give a shit whether there are 30 Hearts fans or 3000 ?

Yes it will cost them a few quid but they'll hardly go bust because of it.

I might be one of the 30 but will have a serious word with myself during the game !

Seriously, this thread's nuts ! Going by the logic of not going to teams who voted us down, there should have been very low numbers at all away games bar Rangers...what an irony there eh !

The Treasurer
2 minutes ago, Boab said:

I might be one of the 30 but will have a serious word with myself during the game !

Seriously, this thread's nuts ! Going by the logic of not going to teams who voted us down, there should have been very low numbers at all away games bar Rangers...what an irony there eh !

It does seem very random

4 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

It does seem very random

That's the word I was looking for.

Hibs threw us under a bus as well.

There will be close to 4K Jambos there. 

Whole episode last year was a shambles, overseen by incompetent arseholes. 

I will be missing this one just as I have missed them all barring Ibrox.I know they had their own agenda but still voted with us.It is always the individual who must decide as many fans never miss a game so fair play to them.

I note above that some are asking if they are boycotting Easter Rd.I can only speak for myself but I won't be going for the first time that I can recall.Due to the take up this will be good news for somebody as they will get my ticket.This seems to be the only game where a big away support seems to make a difference as at countless games since Csaba was here they have let us down repeatedly.

I am with the fans who think having a deliberately small support might actually gee them on.

Firstly mods feel free to close this thread as its served its purpose now with confirmation of tickets being on sale. When punting this thread on earlier today I certainly didn't expect it to go in this direction albeit it has made for some interesting reading.

I was as incensed as the rest during the voting nonsense, and at the time I was telling every man and their dog that I, like the rest of the hearts support, would be boycotting away grounds of those that voted us down. Clearly that never happened and if anything since promotion we've actually done the opposite.

Of course Dundee are a slightly different story. So had there been an official boycott of Dens Park, agreed by Hearts, I would have of course have supported it. But given there was no such boycott, the club presumably do want our fans there (which isn't a surprise, our players have talked of how big a boost our away crowds have been to them this season). 

I appreciate the majority of our usual away crowd may well be choosing to avoid this fixture, that's perfectly understandable given what's happened and they of course have every right to stay away - but I would argue those choosing to go also have the right to do so...

Theres some dross posted on this forum at times but I must say I never thought I'd see the day where folk are actually having a go at their fellow fans for having the nerve to go and watch their team play - again just my opinion, but that's pathetic.

The Hogfather
1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Bore off champ. 

It’s up to the individuals obviously. some aren’t bothered , some are.

Lets not all fall out about it. 
I’ll be happy knowing they most certainly won’t be getting anywhere near what they would normally.

6 minutes ago, JH-HMFC said:

Firstly mods feel free to close this thread as its served its purpose now with confirmation of tickets being on sale. When punting this thread on earlier today I certainly didn't expect it to go in this direction albeit it has made for some interesting reading.

I was as incensed as the rest during the voting nonsense, and at the time I was telling every man and their dog that I, like the rest of the hearts support, would be boycotting away grounds of those that voted us down. Clearly that never happened and if anything since promotion we've actually done the opposite.

Of course Dundee are a slightly different story. So had there been an official boycott of Dens Park, agreed by Hearts, I would have of course have supported it. But given there was no such boycott, the club presumably do want our fans there (which isn't a surprise, our players have talked of how big a boost our away crowds have been to them this season). 

I appreciate the majority of our usual away crowd may well be choosing to avoid this fixture, that's perfectly understandable given what's happened and they of course have every right to stay away - but I would argue those choosing to go also have the right to do so...

Theres some dross posted on this forum at times but I must say I never thought I'd see the day where folk are actually having a go at their fellow fans for having the nerve to go and watch their team play - again just my opinion, but that's pathetic.

It's usual on KB, mate. 

Water off a duck's back to me of course.

Good post !

👍

4 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

Surprised at this but respect your decision.

Out of interest was this voted for by your members or just a decision by the committee

See above

been here before
4 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I think the fact it's the game a week before Christmas also makes it easier for people not to attend.

Just bear in mind though that doing shopping for Christmas IS NOT an accepted excuse...

5 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Never accepted Christmas shopping is an excuse. You had the international break. 

Boycotting meanwhile has an impact. 

:lol:

12 minutes ago, been here before said:

Just bear in mind though that doing shopping for Christmas IS NOT an accepted excuse...

:lol:

I'm working Saturday the 18th. All my Christmas shopping is done, he said rather smugly😀

35 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I'm working Saturday the 18th. All my Christmas shopping is done, he said rather smugly😀

FFS John I was hoping to see you at Dens to give you your Xmas caird son 🙄

20 minutes ago, crunchy frog said:

FFS John I was hoping to see you at Dens to give you your Xmas caird son 🙄

Aye right🤣

mulleted_jambo

I’ll be going. A boycott is pointless unless it’s a full boycott. The website was selling section A and B this morning. A is no longer available so it looks like we have sold a section out already.  

Also I can’t see why people would go to Parkhead and not Dens.  Dundee f****d us yes but only because Celtic persuaded them to in one way or another. Celtic are the real bad guys in this(and most) situation. 

I don’t get to many away games due to playing football a lot of Saturdays so can’t wait for a day out with the boys for this one. Going by the sales already it looks like a lot will be going regardless of some people boycotting. 

4 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

It's not my opinion only. It's the opinion of many others, actually.

Not really, just a few on here. We will know how many come the 18th.