"But that's Scottish football, you're in Glasgow."

tartofmidlothian

...andFulton'sBaggio
48 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

And stopping the game when Jota felt a tweak🤷🏻‍♂️   Honestly, gobsmacked at that.  

What has football become that the game gets stopped for anything? You see it everywhere now.  

100%. Head knock, fair enough. But that? Unbelievable! And then he goes and gives the ball to them and they go straight up the park and have a chance on goal. Imagine if they'd scored! There'd be a full-blown inquiry! Oh no, wait... nobody would bat an eyelid.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A.JAMBO

• Unknown user

• GinRummy

• Shaggy2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, ...andFulton'sBaggio said:

100%. Head knock, fair enough. But that? Unbelievable! And then he goes and gives the ball to them and they go straight up the park and have a chance on goal. Imagine if they'd scored! There'd be a full-blown inquiry! Oh no, wait... nobody would bat an eyelid.

He’d probably have got a letter of commendation.  Seriously though, the corrupt biased officiating has got progressively worse over the past few years.  It’s the blight that’s ruining the game here. 

4 minutes ago, ...andFulton'sBaggio said:

I may well have been banned from my local if that had resulted in a goal. I was still raging because I thought he’d given a free-kick which, let’s be honest, an uncontested drop ball is. By a distance the worst decision of last night. Could be in second place for worst decision of the season behind Madden at Tannadice last week! 

1 minute ago, Deevers said:

He’d probably have got a letter of commendation.  Seriously though, the corrupt biased officiating has got progressively worse over the past few years.  It’s the blight that’s ruining the game here. 

The debate has raged for years. Are they corrupt or just really shit at their jobs ? I tend to go for the latter mostly. Really hopeless rather than corrupt. Maybe a wee bit of both on occasion.

3 minutes ago, Boab said:

The debate has raged for years. Are they corrupt or just really shit at their jobs ? I tend to go for the latter mostly. Really hopeless rather than corrupt. Maybe a wee bit of both on occasion.

Not for me. The soft penalties, the goals given when there have been clear infringements in the run up, the myriad of decisions given to them that are incorrect, foul play by their players ignored week in week out, the efforts that are gone to to silence anyone who complains. Hopeless yes, but corrupt, most definitely. 

2 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Not for me. The soft penalties, the goals given when there have been clear infringements in the run up, the myriad of decisions given to them that are incorrect, foul play by their players ignored week in week out, the efforts that are gone to to silence anyone who complains. Hopeless yes, but corrupt, most definitely. 

You may be right, mate, but anytime I see Madden in action I think, this guy is a balloon, it's a sad indictment of our game. 

10 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Agree.... but only if they show the incident backwards & forwards on big screens in the ground before announcing the decision.  Like they do in the EPL.    Otherwise, it just enables the weegie conspiracy to perpetuate.   

Madden refers the "goal" to VAR.  Silence for 30 seconds.  No video shown.   Whisper from VAR ref in Maddens earpiece.   "Goal stands".

Unfortunately, that's exactly what will happen. Teams like Ross County, Dundee, Livi etc. Won't be able to afford big LED screens to be put up, and I doubt the SFA/SPFL will help them fund it at all. I'd love VAR to be in place up here, but if there's one country who still know how to make a complete bollocks of it, then its Scotland.

6 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Yep, possible broken leg or severe injury. Last nights decision was awful. I still think he blew for a non existent foul and then changed his mind. 

I think he saw Jota stop and blew because he assumed he had been held back. 

That’s explainable in some way but then allowing Celtic to have control of the drop ball was ridiculous.  

And then compounded by the fat McGregor setting up an attack from it.  

10 hours ago, hearts00 said:

More fines on the way. 

VAR can’t come quick enough. 

Will make zero difference up here unless non Scots are staffing it

40 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Will make zero difference up here unless non Scots are staffing it

Bloody Scots!!!

2 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

And stopping the game when Jota felt a tweak🤷🏻‍♂️   Honestly, gobsmacked at that.  

What has football become that the game gets stopped for anything? You see it everywhere now.  

Totally agree. I properly lost it when that happened. One of the most baffling decisions I’ve seen in a long time, and to add insult to injury, Celtic got possession at the dropped ball.

Edited by D4nny_

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

You could do a deep dive into all decisions, cards, penalties, offsides etc for all teams since the start of the SPL in '98 and slap the definitive report infront of Celtic and Rangers fans and this is what would happen.......

Celtic have had 8,798 more advantageous decisions than their opposition.

Rangers have had 8,799 more advantageous decisions than their opposition.

They would not think 'wow that is really unfair - there really is desparity in Scotland'

They would say.. 

"Rangers huv had wan mair decision than us - the SFA are anti catholic orange bigots"

The sooner these scumbags **** off out the league the better. I don't wish a good thought to even one of their fans. I ****ing loathe their entire existance.

Spot on

1 hour ago, Deevers said:

Not even an argument. To even contemplate they are NOT part of the sham that maintains the power base 'for the good of Scottish football' is not for me. The game is an utter sham. And there's real purpose in keeping it that way

Edited by Riccarton3

Scottie Wanshot.
11 hours ago, hearts00 said:

More fines on the way. 

VAR can’t come quick enough. 

Var last night. NO GOAL. SIMPLE.

Scottie Wanshot.
2 hours ago, luckydug said:

Couldn't believe that wasn't discussed in the Sky studio. 

When did they change the rules about stopping the game for a routine injury ? 

And why did Celtic get possession when Hearts had taken possession of them and were in a great position to mount an attack ? 

Then Celtic try to attack us from the free possession, ****ing chancers . 

Hearts should have done what they did against Rangers years old when we had three players sent off.  we were ready to take the players off the park.

Scottie Wanshot.
2 hours ago, Drew Wallace said:

Glad to see they had 3 players injured, pity it wasn't more 

I don't think any of our players got a yellow card. ???

7 minutes ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

Hearts should have done what they did against Rangers years old when we had three players sent off.  we were ready to take the players off the park.

18Jambo_dave74

Robbie is spot on, it's what you're up against and it will sadly never change.

We've already had our trip to Ibrox this season where Aribo should have been red carded and Bacuna red carded for putting his hands around Kingsley's throat. Decisions that you know if they were the other way around would have seen a different outcome. Porteous red carded at Ibrox for a similar tackle as Aribo's on Cammy Devlin, Dundee United having a player through on goal at Celtic Park, being brought down and play being waved on. There is years and years of evidence.

Celtic won treble after treble, 9 leagues in a row, went a season undefeated yet still claim there is a conspiracy against them. They had their AGM a couple of weeks ago when they complained about refs (including last night's one funnily enough). Their claims that nobody has been affected more by Covid than them. We had the Dubai episode where they thought they'd been hard done by. From what I can recall the reason for the referee's strike all those years ago was down to Celtic. 

VAR might help in terms of the getting the big decisions correct however it will still be the same referees that implement it. VAR however will do nothing to stop Celtic getting the marginal calls, 50/50's etc. Michael Smith being penalised at a thrown in last night and Celtic being awarded the throw - have you ever seen a foul throw being awarded against Celtic for example? If you ever find that we're beating the Old Firm, the ref will be on our players for timewasting - tapping the watch, blowing his whistle at throw ins and hurrying the players along at every opportunity. Have you ever seen a Celtic or Rangers player booked for timewasting? The wee decisions that they get will always exist. I saw something on social media earlier in the week that said clubs in the premiership average between 6.9 and 4.3 for the number of fouls per card. Celtic's average? 11.5. 

Refs and linesmen make mistakes every game. This time a couple of bad ones went against us, that's sport. Robbie would be much better focusing on the chances we missed, rather than bemoaning match officials. If Kingsley and GMS scored from their very good chances, we win the game. We can't control match officials, we can only control how we play. Good effort by the team last night, but it's how we performed that matters, and Robbie's focus should be on improving that, not moaning about match officials.

Malinga the Swinga
5 minutes ago, tynewater said:

Refs and linesmen make mistakes every game. This time a couple of bad ones went against us, that's sport. Robbie would be much better focusing on the chances we missed, rather than bemoaning match officials. If Kingsley and GMS scored from their very good chances, we win the game. We can't control match officials, we can only control how we play. Good effort by the team last night, but it's how we performed that matters, and Robbie's focus should be on improving that, not moaning about match officials.

We don't want to control match officials. We want fair officials.

It's sport if it's a one off. It's endemic corruption when it's as widespread and common as happened yesterday.

49 minutes ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

I think it was 4 players, the last one got sent off for kicking his own goalpost!

21 minutes ago, tynewater said:

Not sure if you are being serious?

Sure refs make mistakes. They are human.

The 2 big talking points last night were not mistakes. I’ll call out anyone who thinks a goal given when the attacking player was at least half a yard offside as a “mistake”.

I’ll call out anyone who thinks stopping play for a non head injury and then giving possession to the opposition of the injured player when it should have been a non contested drop ball as a mistake.

It’s not even up for debate. 

MarkDevriesScores4

If that was a hearts player that pulled up with a hammy, Madden would have booked him 😂

such a bizarre piece of refereeing. Refs aren’t accountable for their poor decisions so it’s no skill off their nose. 

wasn’t surprised when Celtic didn’t give the ball back. Typical Celtic behaviour 

32 minutes ago, tynewater said:

I agree, but can understand Robbie responding the way he did after the match, questioned as he was. The media companies are doing everything they can to get that reaction.

To be fair, he did also say that was an improved performance on the League Cup (not hard), but that we need to get to a stage where we are winning in Glasgow.

I don’t think matches against the Old Firm in the league are such a problem. We weren’t far off last night and merited a draw. Likewise we were worth the draw at Ibrox. We need to convert draws to wins elsewhere in the League, and avoid Motherwell/Aberdeen type performances.

it does feel like we are a work in progress - there are ups and downs, but the club is moving forward positively. Have to be honest and say after last season wanted Robbie out.  We’re a way from perfect, but I’m encouraged by last night.

Malinga the Swinga

When Lennon was hit by coin on chest, it was main article for days on BBC Scotland sport. Not part of match report, separate articles printed.

Hearts player hit by bottle last night and it isn't mentioned.

****ing joke.

4 hours ago, Bozi said:

We are all missing the point on VAR that it will still be weegie referees in the VAR room making decisions 🙄 

Anyway would there not be a cost for installing VAR equipment ? At some places here the equipment would be worth more than the ground. Shady brigade would have it stripped out and on Gumtree.

3 hours ago, Deepfriedpizza said:

The goal was offside, no doubt about it but I remember the first game of the season at Tynie, Celtic had a goal chopped off for offside and it was on. Doesn't make it right but just putting things into perspective. These things happen.

The Jota incident is just bizarre. Would like to hear what the ref was doing.

I'm fairly sure the flag went up early so our defenders had stopped playing.  No certainty it would have been goal.

3 hours ago, Deepfriedpizza said:

The goal was offside, no doubt about it but I remember the first game of the season at Tynie, Celtic had a goal chopped off for offside and it was on. Doesn't make it right but just putting things into perspective. These things happen.

I'm fairly sure the flag went up early so our defenders had stopped playing.  No certainty it would have been goal.

5 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

i think you are right, the linesman got it wrong but play was stopped.

4 hours ago, Deepfriedpizza said:

The other linesman also gave an offside in our favour that wasn’t offside last night.

Cant blame Madden for the goal obviously and I don’t know if we were straight through on goal when he blew for Jota but it doesn’t matter, we were in possession, it’s not a foul, he clearly pulls up with a hamstring. He’s made an utter mess of that and it favoured Celtic in a way that can only reasonably be described as bias.

Tennant's  6's
13 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

I ♥ our manager.

He's quite right, but nothing will ever change. 

The stakeholders in our decrepit backwater all know that their job is to maintain the duopoly of rangersceltic, technically no old firm anymore as one of the died.

There's never been a calciopoli match fixing type scandel here as money doesn't need to change hands, it's done with subservient compliance.

**** them.

Only Hearts ❤

Tennant's  6's
3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

The other linesman also gave an offside in our favour that wasn’t offside last night.

Cant blame Madden for the goal obviously and I don’t know if we were straight through on goal when he blew don’t know if we were straight through on goal when he blew for Jota but it doesn’t matter, we were in possession, it’s not a foul, he clearly pulls up with a hamstring. He’s made an utter mess of that and it favoured Celtic in a way that can only reasonably be described as bias.

I'm sire that it was McEneff that was away with the ball heading towards the goal 

4 minutes ago, Tennant's 6's said:

He's quite right, but nothing will ever change. 

The stakeholders in our decrepit backwater all know that their job is to maintain the duopoly of rangersceltic, technically no old firm anymore as one of the died.

There's never been a calciopoli match fixing type scandel here as money doesn't need to change hands, it's done with subservient compliance.

**** them.

Only Hearts ❤

I think there's been historical match fixing with cup semi final draws. So, in my opinion, the authorities are drenched in corruption.

1 hour ago, tynewater said:

He spoke up because some clubs can. 

Pasquale for King

He simply has to keep flagging it up every time it happens, all the managers need to do it. 
Credit to him for doing so again. 

The offside - it wasn't but it can be claimed as an honest mistake.

The referee made up rules last night though, stopping the game then giving them the ball.

Plus, if I was Barrie McKay I'd be looking for the club to have my back and go to war after those corners, it's a ****ing disgrace that the game just went on.

Edited by Smithee

1 hour ago, tynewater said:

Everyone’s focus should be on ensuring match officials make impartial decisions. How can you play any sport that requires a ref or umpire or whatever, that favours one player or team over another. It’s ludicrous and you won’t find many Hearts fans who have a problem with Robbie speaking out, quite the opposite imo. 

Edited by GinRummy

48 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Not sure if you are being serious?

Sure refs make mistakes. They are human.

The 2 big talking points last night were not mistakes. I’ll call out anyone who thinks a goal given when the attacking player was at least half a yard offside as a “mistake”.

I’ll call out anyone who thinks stopping play for a non head injury and then giving possession to the opposition of the injured player when it should have been a non contested drop ball as a mistake.

It’s not even up for debate. 

Correct. It's blatant. It's live on TV. They're not even bothered how it looks any more or trying to conceal it... corrupt/biased/inept. It wont change until referees are 'professionals' and come from outside Lanarkshire.

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

The offside - it wasn't but I hat can be claimed as am honest mistake.

The referee made up rules last night though, stopping the game then giving them the ball.

Plus, if I was Barrie McKay I'd be looking for the club to have my back and go to war after those corners, it's a ****ing disgrace that the game just went on.

100%. When he brought it to Maddens attention, he pointed to his watch!!!! What if it had been a brick!?... would he have booked him for time wasting as he lay on the ground unconscious? I would also love to see our club come out and condemn the antics of last night... as others have said, don't give them tickets when they come to Tynie for fear of our players getting hurt - when officials don't give a monkeys!

Re Barry Mackey - Corner.....stuff landed about the Hearts player then bounced and hit his leg....second corner coins and bottles flung....third corner he was hit on the back by a bottle and coins just missed him (corner overhit and went for goal kick)....how can anyone concentrate when you are waiting for a missile to hit your head ????? POLICE AND STEWARDS DID NOTHING !!!!!!!!!!! Though they were perfectly aware - GUTLESS !!!!........Full marks to Mackay who showed class and bravery............................BUT the Celtic security should have had cameras on the crowd section after the first incident and stopped future thuggery - THEY DIDNT. The Celtic security camera staff/stewards/police ALL need their backsides kicked for turning a blind eye - WOULDNT HAVE BEEN LET TO CONTINUE IF IT WAS BLOODY RANGERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Livid😡🤬

Lets not let last nights "afters" hide the fact that for the first hour we went there with one goal - to keep the score down - Negative as always when we play away !!!First half though only 1-0 down was an embarrassing run around

joondalupjambo

Did Brother Madden simply think that GMW fouled Jota, looking from his angle of events?  I am sure that was what he would be saying if he was allowed. Obviously that was not the case and what followed, where there was a drop ball with Haring being asked to step back and telling Celtic that they were allowed possession hence the reasons it played out the way it did.  My take on that incident that it was a referring error pure and simple.  If he simply came out and said that we would we as supporters be more understanding?  Just for this one event I mean not for all his other, endless and ongoing muck up's :pleased:

Hackney Hearts
4 hours ago, Deepfriedpizza said:

I remember the first game of the season at Tynie, Celtic had a goal chopped off for offside and it was on.

Don't think VAR would have called that onside - the forward angle of the Celtic player's torso made him look off. Referee blew before the move finished in any case, so no need to defend or save the attempt (Gordon didn't try).

HeartsandonlyHearts
2 hours ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

Var last night. NO GOAL. SIMPLE.

Against Celtic, at Parkhead, in a title race.

Hold your horses. 
“hello IT, the systems down again”

Hackney Hearts
1 hour ago, Stendelnator said:

VAR wouldn’t help us because it’s the same officials anyway 

Same officials maybe, but a number of excuses they wouldn't be able to hide behind:

"hard to see in real time"

"was unsighted"

"didn't have the benefit of state-of-the-art graphics"

Malinga the Swinga
31 minutes ago, busbyfth said:

Lets not let last nights "afters" hide the fact that for the first hour we went there with one goal - to keep the score down - Negative as always when we play away !!!First half though only 1-0 down was an embarrassing run around

Member for 10 years with 12 posts and come out with this. You still upset that you lost Rangers previous night or something. At least make it difficult to spot.