"But that's Scottish football, you're in Glasgow."

tartofmidlothian

SectionDJambo
45 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He simply has to keep flagging it up every time it happens, all the managers need to do it. 
Credit to him for doing so again. 

Ferguson and McLean highlighted the favouritism of officials to the old firm so regularly to the point that the seeds of doubt were planted in those officials’ minds for the future. They knew that anything dodgy was going to be publicly challenged.

Robbie is absolutely right to challenge such decision making as we saw last night, but he had to be more cute about how he does it, so as to keep out of trouble.

As has been mentioned, he could use the GMS incident, where he did manage to trip himself up, to publicly apologise to Madden for seeing it wrongly at the time, but then ask when Hearts are getting their apology for the goal being given and an explanation of the bizarre incident with Jota.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A.JAMBO

• Unknown user

• GinRummy

• Shaggy2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Did Brother Madden simply think that GMW fouled Jota, looking from his angle of events?  I am sure that was what he would be saying if he was allowed. Obviously that was not the case and what followed, where there was a drop ball with Haring being asked to step back and telling Celtic that they were allowed possession hence the reasons it played out the way it did.  My take on that incident that it was a referring error pure and simple.  If he simply came out and said that we would we as supporters be more understanding?  Just for this one event I mean not for all his other, endless and ongoing muck up's :pleased:

What's the rules for restarting with a drop ball ?  I thought it was the player from one side  who volunteered to give free possession to the other team -  a sort of gentleman's agreement.    Does  the referee actually have the power to TELL one side to step aside and let the other team have free possession ?  That sounds outrageous even if we ignore the fact that he wrongly gave it to Celtic.  :berra:

So if an opposition player is 1 on 1 with the goalie. Does the goalie just go down now with a hamstring tweak and the game gets stopped?

Jambo in Yorkshire

Andy Walker’s comments on two offside situations just confirmed what we are up against.

At the goal Celtic were given the benefit of the doubt, later Celtic were flagged offside and this time it was a poor call. 

Why not Hearts getting the benefit of the doubt?

As someone already said when Lennon was hit by a coin it was instantly a sectarian attack and front page headlines for days.

McKay ex ranger, hit multiple times nothing at all. Maybe he should have rolled around holding his face like Lennon or the Japanese boy.

18 minutes ago, Jambo in Yorkshire said:

Andy Walker’s comments on two offside situations just confirmed what we are up against.

At the goal Celtic were given the benefit of the doubt, later Celtic were flagged offside and this time it was a poor call. 

Early in the game Kyogo went down and he said something like "he does what he always does"

For a split second I thought we were entering a brave new age until he remembered his role and added something like "gets up and goes again"

That, plus the illegal stop and restart , plus McKay being told to get on with it after being attacked, plus the offsides confirm what we're up against. It's all one big machine designed to give those 2 another advantage.

****ing disgraceful.

Anyone fancy chipping in for a private investigation?

8 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

As someone already said when Lennon was hit by a coin it was instantly a sectarian attack and front page headlines for days.

McKay ex ranger, hit multiple times nothing at all. Maybe he should have rolled around holding his face like Lennon or the Japanese boy.

someone has been arrested for throwing what they describe as a bottle at BM

Fxxx the SPFL
59 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Member for 10 years with 12 posts and come out with this. You still upset that you lost Rangers previous night or something. At least make it difficult to spot. 

Correct get them binned 

joondalupjambo
1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

What's the rules for restarting with a drop ball ?  I thought it was the player from one side  who volunteered to give free possession to the other team -  a sort of gentleman's agreement.    Does  the referee actually have the power to TELL one side to step aside and let the other team have free possession ?  That sounds outrageous even if we ignore the fact that he wrongly gave it to Celtic.  :berra:

To me it looked like Madden said a few words to Pete, Pete went wtf but stood back to allow the Celtic player a free reign to play the ball.  It was probably Madden saying what he saw and thought of the incident.  If there is a specific rule then it was clear as day that Madden never used it and used what should now be known as "Madden's Rule".  As I said he would need to go public and justify his reasons but that will not happen or at least I will be surprised if he does.

Edited by joondalupjambo

HeartsandonlyHearts
27 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

McKay was definitely targeted for being ex Newco. Easy target. Wouldn’t happen to an actual Newco player playing for them now. There would have to be some media reporting. Hearts player? Nothing to see here. Scottish football is a joke. If it wasn’t for Hearts I’d have as much interest as I do in The Peruvian 2nd division.

7 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

To me it looked like Madden said a few words to Pete, Pete went wtf but stood back to allow the Celtic player a free reign to play the ball.  It was probably Madden saying what he saw and thought of the incident.  If there is a specific rule then it was clear as day that Madden never used it and used what should now be known as "Madden's Rule".  As I said he would need to go public and justify his reasons but that will not happen or at least I will be surprised if he does.

Looked to me that Haring was waiting for McGregor to give the ball back to us but he started an attack like a scumbag.

7 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Considering we're talking about Scottish football here I'm amazed you even think to ask such a rational question.

You're amazed. Oh you will get over it.

My post was sarcastic.

I'm amazed you didn't get it.

The positive is no sending off from Madden.  I was sure Devlin would see red.  It was Glasgow with three Celtic minded Lanarkshire officials and a Fifer making up the 4th.

2 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

The positive is no sending off from Madden.  I was sure Devlin would see red.  It was Glasgow with three Celtic minded Lanarkshire officials and a Fifer making up the 4th.

The Fifer wasn't the 4th official. Father Collum was. I assume the Fifer was one of the linesman?

Bazzas right boot

The way Bob goes after the weegie mafia  he's not setting himself up for any future opportunities through there. 

Good to see. 

20 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

The Fifer wasn't the 4th official. Father Collum was. I assume the Fifer was one of the linesman?

I never implied that Potter was the 4th official, I should have said 3 officials from Lanarkshire and a Fifer making up the 4th.  

Edited by Tasavallan

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

Early in the game Kyogo went down and he said something like "he does what he always does"

For a split second I thought we were entering a brave new age until he remembered his role and added something like "gets up and goes again"

That, plus the illegal stop and restart , plus McKay being told to get on with it after being attacked, plus the offsides confirm what we're up against. It's all one big machine designed to give those 2 another advantage.

****ing disgraceful.

Anyone fancy chipping in for a private investigation?

Will probably be a one or the other supporter.

Save the hassle of collecting then giving back donations.

become a hitman and sort them out yourself.

The introduction of VAR would be great.

But do refs have discretion as to when they should look at it? That would be the next thing: 'No, I don't need to look at it'.

Malinga the Swinga

Just saw BBC highlights. No highlighting of bottle throwing incident, no detailed analysis of wrongful penalty award.

The whole set up is designed to protect the status quo. The media in Scotland are a disgrace, not a Scottish voice willing to speak up, unless it's to protect the Rangers point of view. No spine on any of them 

Only one worth anything is Tom English, and he's Irish.

17 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

I never implied that Potter was the 4th official, I should have said 3 officials from Lanarkshire and a Fifer making up the 4th.  

👍👍

3 hours ago, Jambo in Yorkshire said:

Leanne Crighton said on the match highlights last night that Hearts were claiming offside but it was debatable if it was. Aye Right Leanne stick to playing for Motherwell.

18 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Agree.... but only if they show the incident backwards & forwards on big screens in the ground before announcing the decision.  Like they do in the EPL.    Otherwise, it just enables the weegie conspiracy to perpetuate.   

Madden refers the "goal" to VAR.  Silence for 30 seconds.  No video shown.   Whisper from VAR ref in Maddens earpiece.   "Goal stands".

This is exactly how VAR will work in Scotland.

The guys in the video suite will simply ignore blatant OF rule breaking and overly punish every little thing anybody else does.

44 minutes ago, A.JAMBO said:

Will probably be a one or the other supporter.

Save the hassle of collecting then giving back donations.

become a hitman and sort them out yourself.

🤔 It is the obvious answer TBF

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

🤔 It is the obvious answer TBF

Just remember though soft toy throwing only, preferably the sexual type.

Throw with care , let them Chuck em off

Edited by A.JAMBO

August Landmesser
41 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Just saw BBC highlights. No highlighting of bottle throwing incident, no detailed analysis of wrongful penalty award.

The whole set up is designed to protect the status quo. The media in Scotland are a disgrace, not a Scottish voice willing to speak up, unless it's to protect the Rangers point of view. No spine on any of them 

Only one worth anything is Tom English, and he's Irish.

Need to get Craig Levein onto Monday's Sportsound. He wouldn't hold back.

feedtheroman2
18 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Need to get Craig Levein onto Monday's Sportsound. He wouldn't hold back.

No chance of that now! Would upset their pets too much

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, A.JAMBO said:

You're amazed. Oh you will get over it.

My post was sarcastic.

I'm amazed you didn't get it.

Ha ha, I've never claimed to be all knowing and seeing. Just proves it. :greggy:

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

The way Bob goes after the weegie mafia  he's not setting himself up for any future opportunities through there. 

Good to see. 

Part of me is pleased he does that and sticks up for our club. 

Another part wishes he wouldn’t because his rants make him the story and gets the perpetrators off the hook.

Honest question . Is there any chance that some of these west coasters get into football officiating purely out of the off chance that at sometime in the future they can do their team a good turn? Thinking the Davis affair and last nights holy communion .

Edited by jock _turd

6 hours ago, busbyfth said:

Lets not let last nights "afters" hide the fact that for the first hour we went there with one goal - to keep the score down - Negative as always when we play away !!!First half though only 1-0 down was an embarrassing run around

You are at it! 😂

53 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Ha ha, I've never claimed to be all knowing and seeing. Just proves it. :greggy:

What proves what Who's that in the picture, what's his face got to do with anything here?

If it's a point you are on about, there was and is none.

So call this a draw of a sorts.

Seymour M Hersh
3 minutes ago, A.JAMBO said:

What proves what Who's that in the picture, what's his face got to do with anything here?

If it's a point you are on about, there was and is none.

So call this a draw of a sorts.

I think you've completely misread my original post. I was pointing to that, while you were asking a completely fair and pertinent question, as we live in Scotland it's redundant as the bigot sisters make the rules for us all. At no time was I having a go at you.

57 minutes ago, Pilmuir said:

Part of me is pleased he does that and sticks up for our club. 

Another part wishes he wouldn’t because his rants make him the story and gets the perpetrators off the hook.

We're the biggest club in this country outside those ****ers, if we don't shout and roar and swing our dick around about it, who will?

August Landmesser
25 minutes ago, Smithee said:

We're the biggest club in this country outside those ****ers, if we don't shout and roar and swing our dick around about it, who will?

Faint shades of Alex Ferguson generating the 'Us and Them' mentality at the Sheep? Couldn't hurt - Hearts vs The World

41 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I think you've completely misread my original post. I was pointing to that, while you were asking a completely fair and pertinent question, as we live in Scotland it's redundant as the bigot sisters make the rules for us all. At no time was I having a go at you.

Too much thinking.

Not really, i was looking an answer and you gave it. I agree with you.The corruption is so deep it has become the norm, we are merely mocking it not each other.

Edited by A.JAMBO

Problem we have is that losing Robbie from the dugout has consequences, so as satisfying as it is to hear in the moment, its just not worth it. 

I think a simple 'the club will be making a formal complaint' and no commenting the rest of the interview might do more. Or alternatively send an assistant coach to absolutely rinse the referee in the interview instead. 

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Ferguson and McLean highlighted the favouritism of officials to the old firm so regularly to the point that the seeds of doubt were planted in those officials’ minds for the future. They knew that anything dodgy was going to be publicly challenged.

Robbie is absolutely right to challenge such decision making as we saw last night, but he had to be more cute about how he does it, so as to keep out of trouble.

As has been mentioned, he could use the GMS incident, where he did manage to trip himself up, to publicly apologise to Madden for seeing it wrongly at the time, but then ask when Hearts are getting their apology for the goal being given and an explanation of the bizarre incident with Jota.

Definitely, he could do worse than do a bit of homework on how those two worked the system whilst using it to motivate their players. 
Ferguson then went down and made all the refs down there scared to give a major decision against his team, something that still exists today. 

6 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Maybe I saw the drop ball incident differently to everyone else? I don't know.

What I thought happened was Peter Haring stepped aside thinking that Callum McGregor would give the ball back to us. Because that is usually what happens in that situation. Instead of which, McGregor proceeded to pass the ball forward to a team mate and Celtic went on the attack. Which I was raging about at the time.

Perhaps that isn't what happened but that was my reading of it.

Edited by No Idle Talk

I would hope Ann will be putting a request in for a meeting with the SPFL re the offside goal, jota incident and mckay getting assaulted. Not that it will do anything. 

Guaranteed the corrupt linesman will be from Glasgow. 

The Treasurer
5 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Good to see. 

Robbie, not Bob 

His only focus is on Hearts 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
9 hours ago, JamboAl1965 said:

So if an opposition player is 1 on 1 with the goalie. Does the goalie just go down now with a hamstring tweak and the game gets stopped?

Not in England…

The media spin on Celtic is outrageous and always has been.  Take Kyogo as an example, he is a quality player that has the media in a frenzy yet no one is calling out his ridiculous play acting.

Celtic have done this for years.  David Provan once got Willie Johnston sent off when Willie patted his head and Provan went down like he'd been taken out by a sniper.  I hate cheats and this current Celtic team is full of them and ably assisted by officials.

11 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Maybe I saw the drop ball incident differently to everyone else? I don't know.

What I thought happened was Peter Haring stepped aside thinking that Callum McGregor would give the ball back to us. Because that is usually what happens in that situation. Instead of which, McGregor proceeded to pass the ball forward to a team mate and Celtic went on the attack. Which I was raging about at the time.

Perhaps that isn't what happened but that was my reading of it.

I didn't think it was their ball to give back in the first place. 

Celtic had lost possession and the game should not have been stopped for a routine injury. 

The play should have been allowed to continue until the ball went out of play. 

Why Madden gave Celtic the restart only he knows. 

9 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I didn't think it was their ball to give back in the first place. 

Celtic had lost possession and the game should not have been stopped for a routine injury. 

The play should have been allowed to continue until the ball went out of play. 

Why Madden gave Celtic the restart only he knows. 

Someone said earlier that, as we had not touched the ball, it was celtics drop ball? 

Whether that is correct, McGregor should have either played the ball long to Craig Gordon or just played it back to his own keeper. The fact he initiated an attack, to the surprise of our players (and clearly Madden, who had told Haring to stand back) shows what a classless **** he is and he is escaping criticism.