TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL - UEFA category 4 granted ( updated/merged )

rickyjambo

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Brighton did alright 

They struggled at first through lack of investment in the pitch. Only when the wizard Potter turned up did things turn round and they became a top half club. Until Potter they were  scratching around relegation area with little investment in the squad. There always exceptions to the rule though and they are about as close as it gets. Going to be interesting to see what happens at Fulham over next 5-10 years. 

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Sooks

• Watt-Zeefuik

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

They struggled at first through lack of investment in the pitch. Only when the wizard Potter turned up did things turn round and they became a top half club. Until Potter they were  scratching around relegation area with little investment in the squad. There always exceptions to the rule though and they are about as close as it gets. Going to be interesting to see what happens at Fulham over next 5-10 years. 

Before they built the new stadium they were getting crowds of about five thousand 

SwindonJambo
7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Brighton did alright 

That's a purpose built entire brand new stadium in an open park area. A wholly and totally different animal from extending a landlocked historic stadium in a heavily populated urban area with all the discussed beyond death issues like the ethanol tanks and planning permission.

Watt-Zeefuik
Just now, soonbe110 said:

They did have some success but the stand investment was the start of their financial issues.  Yes they bought Ferdinand but that was because Ridsdale was a silly boy taking out so many loans  against infrastructure builds and future tv and gate receipts that the stand was expected to help deliver but then didn’t.  They then had, what, 17 years out of the top division. 

Your second sentence is exactly my point. Ferdinand is perhaps a bad example as they sold him two years on for a profit but they spent a combined £20m the next year on Robbie Fowler and Seth Johnson if Wikipedia is to be believed (and it's usually but not always accurate on these matters). Throughout the 90s their stated average attendance was close to their new, elevated capacity and they were regular European qualifiers.

There's simply no way a £6m stadium build in 1993 was a bigger drain on finances than £20m in squandered transfer fees in the early aughts.

The exact analogy is Chris Robinson. Did well to build the new three stands at Tynecastle, could have been a legendary owner if he hadn't blown the future budgets on wages and transfer fees.

Watt-Zeefuik
5 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

That's a purpose built entire brand new stadium in an open park area. A wholly and totally different animal from extending a landlocked historic stadium in a heavily populated urban area with all the discussed beyond death issues like the ethanol tanks and planning permission.

And the purpose built stadium would have cost significantly more. We have a "historic" stadium with new main stand (containing all brand new team facilities) that's less than 10 years old.

The ethanol tanks can be fixed for a known price tag. 15 years ago it was around £1m and is probably £2m today. It's not pocket change but it's a problem that writing a check can make go away (provided NBD are still amenable, and there's no good reason I can see they wouldn't be).

The sunlight provisions in UK planning baffle me but at the very least almost all residences are largely to the south of where the new stand would be.

Edited by Led Tasso

Just now, SwindonJambo said:

Still , their crowds multiplied by what ? Five or six times ? We have the demand for more season tickets than the stadium holds , and we are arguing over having to cut Hibs away allocation . 15 and a half thousand season tickets sold , and apparently five and a half thousand on a waiting list , in a stadium that holds a little under 20 thousand ………….. land locked or not , and ethanol tanks or not , the reality is our stadium is too small 

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Before they built the new stadium they were getting crowds of about five thousand 

Yes , they just avoided dropping into the conference in late 90’s and were then playing home  games about 80 miles from Brighton at Gillinghams ground. You would expect crowds to grow rapidly if they go up a couple of divisions and move to a new stadium back in their home town. Getting to and staying in the top league has been a bonus for them in terms of paying off the stadium. How many do you think we would get at home  games if we played them in Aviemore? 

Anyway, as I said, there’s always exceptions to the rule. 

SwindonJambo
2 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Rescued by a Russian gangster 

Ultimately yes. But before that there was 'Master' Ken Bates and Matthew Harding pumping in a few million. They built up the club but they were right in the p00 when gangster arrived. I can see them going into a period of decline because historically, they really weren't that big a club. London's top 2 were traditionally Spurs and Arsenal.

31 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

I'm going to keep flogging the big stand at Elland Road as a model. When they added corporate suites it cut the capacity but it's still close to 15k.

An aerial view of Elland Road, home of Leeds United FC Stock Photo - Alamy

Elland Road Leeds - YouTube

I would say any business that runs events with very large numbers of people in a facility it owns with a relatively small number of occupied days would be likely candidates.

I would sell a kidney for that tbf. 

johnking123
45 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

I'm going to keep flogging the big stand at Elland Road as a model. When they added corporate suites it cut the capacity but it's still close to 15k.

I would say any business that runs events with very large numbers of people in a facility it owns with a relatively small number of occupied days would be likely candidates.

Don't think we could get permission for a stand that tall 😄

johnking123

Bigger stand would give greater choice of good seats. People will find it hard to sit beside friends or family just now. Having three stand making money when there is no football would help income. 

SwindonJambo
2 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

And the purpose built stadium would have cost significantly more. We have a "historic" stadium with new main stand (containing all brand new team facilities) that's less than 10 years old.

The ethanol tanks can be fixed for a known price tag. 15 years ago it was around £1m and is probably £2m today. It's not pocket change but it's a problem that writing a check can make go away (provided NBD are still amenable, and there's no good reason I can see they wouldn't be).

The sunlight provisions in UK planning baffle me but at the very least almost all residences are largely to the south of where the new stand would be.

There are quite a few residences to the West too and any new larger stand would likely encroach on them to a degree. Brighton’s ground was originally built in 2011, expanding later with total cost being £93m according to wiki. Obviously construction costs have skyrocketed since then, especially in the last 3 years. We’d all love to grow the club and build a big new stand but it will definitely need a donation from a wealthy benefactor. Absolutely no way should we be taking on a massive debt in a speculative attempt to grow. A few bad seasons and we’d be back to giving the OF the whole Roseburn which few of us want to see. We’ve come a long way in a short time but any growth has to be fully funded and sustainable. We can only hope James Anderson or some other super rich fan is willing to stump up for it.

Watt-Zeefuik
2 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

There are quite a few residences to the West too and any new larger stand would likely encroach on them to a degree. Brighton’s ground was originally built in 2011, expanding later with total cost being £93m according to wiki. Obviously construction costs have skyrocketed since then, especially in the last 3 years. We’d all love to grow the club and build a big new stand but it will definitely need a donation from a wealthy benefactor. Absolutely no way should we be taking on a massive debt in a speculative attempt to grow. A few bad seasons and we’d be back to giving the OF the whole Roseburn which few of us want to see. We’ve come a long way in a short time but any growth has to be fully funded and sustainable. We can only hope James Anderson or some other super rich fan is willing to stump up for it.

The residences across Wheatfield, with the exception of the building on the corner, are southwest of where the new stand would go. It’s probably glib but I’d say if it were really a hold up, the club should buy the one block on the corner and house loan players there. 

With a 5k waiting list after a roundly disappointing season, I don’t think it’s speculative to consider expansion. And I realize I may be in a heavy minority, but if more OF fans come with an even greater addition of Hearts fans, I’m willing to take their money.

2 hours ago, Irufushi said:

Two tier wheatfield. Easy. 20k to 25/6k. Easy. 

With 15k plus ST holders, 5k on the waiting list, and if we allocate the entire Roseburn to the OF, Sheep & hobos, then your close to 23k-24k for those fixtures, and 20k minimum v the rest. Euro nights would more than likely be sell outs along with important cup fixtures.

Build it, and they will come. As the saying goes.

6 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

No offence but I hate this attitude of a few bad seasons and old firm crowds . If we have a few good seasons our demand will be greater than it is now . We are growing as a club in my humble opinion , and we can not do that in a sub twenty thousand capacity , with fifteen and a half thousand season tickets sold , and a waiting list of five and a half thousand . Agree that it would take wealthy benefactors to do in a way that did not cripple us , but luckily we have those . It would be crazy to think we have not at least discussed this in the board room 

Bull's-eye

As usual everyone is a million miles away from the point on here.

To feel safe expanding there has to be at least some sight of a silver groat in the bottom of the pot at the end of the rainbow. There isn't.

The SPFL isn't worth investing in, it's a tinpot, badly run, corrupt cabal. The 2 "wealthiest" clubs don't invest I infrastructure, not because they don't or can't get the funds, ask yourself why that is ?

While your not always going to get a return on any investment, spending massive amounts for a club like Hearts would be suicide, the product is rank rotten with zero change on the horizon.  We survive fine in the SPFL due to die-hard supporters and a sprinkling of magic dust from a kind benefactor.  

The game in Scotland has as much potential for growth as anywhere else, but its been systematically run into the ground over decades though. Until the league becomes an organisation that's there for the good of all the clubs and potential is maximised then there is very little point in expansion.  

Our club is maximising its potential on a weekly basis, the figures show that. It's all our own in-house growth, unfortunately that's the way we have to behave and grow. Without serious outside investment we'll just carry on laying small bricks looking after ourselves. It's totally wrong because every club should be working together to maximise the potential of the league and the product.  That'll never happen imo.

Fxxx the SPFL
26 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

To feel safe expanding there has to be at least some sight of a silver groat in the bottom of the pot at the end of the rainbow. There isn't.

The SPFL isn't worth investing in, it's a tinpot, badly run, corrupt cabal. The 2 "wealthiest" clubs don't invest I infrastructure, not because they don't or can't get the funds, ask yourself why that is ?

While your not always going to get a return on any investment, spending massive amounts for a club like Hearts would be suicide, the product is rank rotten with zero change on the horizon.  We survive fine in the SPFL due to die-hard supporters and a sprinkling of magic dust from a kind benefactor.  

The game in Scotland has as much potential for growth as anywhere else, but its been systematically run into the ground over decades though. Until the league becomes an organisation that's there for the good of all the clubs and potential is maximised then there is very little point in expansion.  

Our club is maximising its potential on a weekly basis, the figures show that. It's all our own in-house growth, unfortunately that's the way we have to behave and grow. Without serious outside investment we'll just carry on laying small bricks looking after ourselves. It's totally wrong because every club should be working together to maximise the potential of the league and the product.  That'll never happen imo.

Good accurate post 

39 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

12 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Good accurate post 

I do not imagine any single solitary Hearts supporter or genuine poster on here is suggesting that we would expand the stadium without the bulk of it being paid for by a very wealthy and generous benefactor 

We are now in a position where demand is way above supply and it is causing us to argue over locking out supporters , or how many tickets we can cut from away fans attendance

You are correct in that all our growth is coming from within and we get nothing from the corrupt cabal that run Scottish football in to the ground . That is what we need to continue to do though . The more ways we can grow the club the better and if we were able to fit the season tickets purchasers and waiting list currently , that would be 21 thousand Hearts supporters if the figures quoted are correct 

That is a lot of growth if we are able to accommodate them all 

Edited by Sooks

A_A wehatethehibs
10 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

I see they went with yellow for their filled corner there, wonder what colour we will go with for ours?

Blue, white, yellow or grey secondary colours.

I’d go with white, but a dark yellow might look ok. Grey would look decent as well, bit more atmospheric. Dark blue could work but typical blue seats are too light of a blue. Some maybe prefer to stick with all maroon tbf 

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, Bull's-eye said:

...The game in Scotland has as much potential for growth as anywhere else, but its been systematically run into the ground over decades though. Until the league becomes an organisation that's there for the good of all the clubs and potential is maximised then there is very little point in expansion.

It won't last forever, their shit

We've still got our position to improve upon, or we'll never find our upper limit or anywhere near it

We've got our own objectives regarding the rest of the teams in the league; it's not all about celtic and the recently flagging rangers

You seem to have either taking on the OF in mind, or the corruption regarding officials, fixtures and cup draws that a lot of people suspect is going on

All of that will be challenged in time, it can't go on forever

We've got our own targets, as above; the only problem with the OF generally is playing them when the fixtures dictate

We need more capacity and we need it ASAP

The Treasurer

It's great, given where we were fairly recently,  that we are even talking about waiting lists, increasing capacity etc but I think we are getting ahead of ourselves.

In order to justify the outlay this would require, we need to be more successful on the pitch for a sustained period. By success I don't mean winning the league, great though that would be, it's not realistic.

I'm talking about a cup or two and, crucially, making it into the group stages of the Europa (not the Conference) on a regular basis.

That would not be easy but is a realistic goal.

Finishing 3rd is more than achievable and winning the resulting Europa play-off is not beyond us.

Do that for a few seasons then the club will have to seriously look at expanding the stadium.

47 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

It's great, given where we were fairly recently,  that we are even talking about waiting lists, increasing capacity etc but I think we are getting ahead of ourselves.

In order to justify the outlay this would require, we need to be more successful on the pitch for a sustained period. By success I don't mean winning the league, great though that would be, it's not realistic.

I'm talking about a cup or two and, crucially, making it into the group stages of the Europa (not the Conference) on a regular basis.

That would not be easy but is a realistic goal.

Finishing 3rd is more than achievable and winning the resulting Europa play-off is not beyond us.

Do that for a few seasons then the club will have to seriously look at expanding the stadium.

If we assume we can somehow raise the capital ok, how many years would it take to clear all the obstacles in the way before we even dismantle the Wheatfield. The time to "look at expanding" is perhaps now. We may find its dead in the water at the first obstacle.  

You are right about having to win the cup as I think finishing 3rd will no longer give the Europa play-off/parachute into Conf groups after this season ?

Ricardo Quaresma
14 minutes ago, damo said:

If we assume we can somehow raise the capital ok, how many years would it take to clear all the obstacles in the way before we even dismantle the Wheatfield. The time to "look at expanding" is perhaps now. We may find its dead in the water at the first obstacle.  

You are right about having to win the cup as I think finishing 3rd will no longer give the Europa play-off/parachute into Conf groups after this season ?

Yes it will; there are 4 more Group Spaces in all 3 tournaments the season after next

The Treasurer
26 minutes ago, damo said:

I'd be surprised if the board haven't at least thought about feasibility studies on what can be done and costs involved

14 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

I'm going to keep flogging the big stand at Elland Road as a model.

If we built something that size, they could open the 'Tynecastle- view Restaurant' at Edinburgh Castle.

2 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

It won't last forever, their shit

We've still got our position to improve upon, or we'll never find our upper limit or anywhere near it

We've got our own objectives regarding the rest of the teams in the league; it's not all about celtic and the recently flagging rangers

You seem to have either taking on the OF in mind, or the corruption regarding officials, fixtures and cup draws that a lot of people suspect is going on

All of that will be challenged in time, it can't go on forever

We've got our own targets, as above; the only problem with the OF generally is playing them when the fixtures dictate

We need more capacity and we need it ASAP

What makes you think it won’t go on for ever? It’s been going on for virtually 100 years and as more and more glory hunters from all over Scotland flock to Ibrox and Parkhead, this will be the bedrock for even more OF supporting referees and SFA officials to screw the rest of the teams in Scotland!

5 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Guarantee of 3-5 consecutive years of UEFA group stage required to make any sense of expansion finances. How do we get that? 

Bull's-eye
5 hours ago, Sooks said:

I do not imagine any single solitary Hearts supporter or genuine poster on here is suggesting that we would expand the stadium without the bulk of it being paid for by a very wealthy and generous benefactor 

We are now in a position where demand is way above supply and it is causing us to argue over locking out supporters , or how many tickets we can cut from away fans attendance

You are correct in that all our growth is coming from within and we get nothing from the corrupt cabal that run Scottish football in to the ground . That is what we need to continue to do though . The more ways we can grow the club the better and if we were able to fit the season tickets purchasers and waiting list currently , that would be 21 thousand Hearts supporters if the figures quoted are correct 

That is a lot of growth if we are able to accommodate them all 

There is zero sustainable growth in this league in its current format, nobody is investing, we're the only club in the league attempting to upgrade our stadium. 

Not one other club will risk a penny going forward, nobody from outside will invest in a league that voted to kick out one of its members not that long ago. The SPFL is not fit for purpose and worst of all, it cannot be trusted.

Unfortunately for us to prosper, it means everybody else must. Its very easy for the hard of thinking to ridicule other clubs for not building new stadiums and not tapping into large fan bases, it's also so easy for some to look at the EPL and pretty much explode with jealousy and blame tv companies and whoever else they dispise in fits of jealous rage. 

The crux of the matter is, we are stuck in this tinpot penniless set up with zero ambition by anybody to do anything about it.

31 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

There is zero sustainable growth in this league in its current format, nobody is investing, we're the only club in the league attempting to upgrade our stadium. 

Arent Aberdeen in the planning stages of their new stadium?

Watt-Zeefuik
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Guarantee of 3-5 consecutive years of UEFA group stage required to make any sense of expansion finances. How do we get that? 

That's only accurate if you borrow the entirety. I think we would have capital reserves that would cover a decent amount of it. Also, profits from other parts of the business can be used to cover it. We're currently taking funds earned from FoH and from the team and putting it into the hotel. Before too much longer those funds will start to generate income which can in turn go to fund the stand.

This also doesn't take into account corporate boxes, which I kind of hate but there's no doubt they are money spinners. When I say £40-50m for a stand, that includes those corporate boxes. A barebones 15k stand is probably £30-35k with all costs included.

Further, narrowly thinking of the benefits as just gameday revenue is wrong to me. Having fans inside Tynecastle for Hearts games is the absolute core of everything we do. More fans also drives sales at the store, HeartsTV subscriptions, FoH memberships, American arseholes writing shit on JKB (well maybe we don't want those), and so forth. We want to be a big club. Big clubs have big attendances.

9 minutes ago, Americana said:

Celtic have also mooted plans to rebuild their main stand to the size of the rest. Nobody is moving right now because it's an absolutely terrible time to start a construction project, but that won't last forever. (Or if it does, we'll all have much bigger problems than stadium size.)

EDIT I suppose we should also include the ridiculous Dundee stadium plans. I'm more skeptical of those than any of the others but their owner's been out buying land and seeking planning permission.

Edited by Led Tasso

2 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

We want to be a big club. Big clubs have big attendances.

Thats the spirit.

Ibrahim Tall
10 minutes ago, Americana said:

They are, pretty debatable you can call it ‘growth’ though given the massive cost and apparently smaller capacity. 

1 minute ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

They are, pretty debatable you can call it ‘growth’ though given the massive cost and apparently smaller capacity. 

I am sure the new stadium will have more to it than just attendance. Wouldnt be hard to beat given the shithole that is Pittodrie 

Ibrahim Tall
1 minute ago, Americana said:

I am sure the new stadium will have more to it than just attendance. Wouldnt be hard to beat given the shithole that is Pittodrie 

Inevitably will but with the cost now apparently £80m+ ~December it’s a hell of a lot of debt to pay off before it starts benefiting them. 

2 minutes ago, Americana said:

Yeah, I think its like the situation with our old main stand on steriods. Like the whole stadium is dilapidated mish mash of random aged stands. 

I assume a new stadium will bring lower running costs, improved hospitality offerings and a reassurance that the stadium is safe.... Plus if you're a player coming up to potential sign for Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen, their stadium being a shit tip is hardly a pull factor. 

1 minute ago, OTT said:

Yeah, I think its like the situation with our old main stand on steriods. Like the whole stadium is dilapidated mish mash of random aged stands. 

I assume a new stadium will bring lower running costs, improved hospitality offerings and a reassurance that the stadium is safe.... Plus if you're a player coming up to potential sign for Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen, their stadium being a shit tip is hardly a pull factor. 

For the next generation of fans its more than just whats on the field its the experience , disco lights , big screens etc . Weve went all America 

gorgierulesapply88

Can't help but feel we've missed a trick having the hotel ready in time for the festival.

Will be interesting what revenue we get from it during its 1st year of completion. I do understand various board meetings and conferences take place at Tynecastle.

adambraejambo
11 minutes ago, Americana said:

I thought they had hit a major stumbling block when Aberdeen Council told them they wouldn't be contributing to the cost of new stadium. Has something changed ?

kingantti1874

Aberdeen won’t be building a stadium any time soon. Zero chance they can finance it. The council like every other council struggling to operate so they won’t be funding anything 

south morocco
27 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Can't help but feel we've missed a trick having the hotel ready in time for the festival.

Will be interesting what revenue we get from it during its 1st year of completion. I do understand various board meetings and conferences take place at Tynecastle.

Who is doing the fit out of the hotel, any idea?

Selkirkhmfc1874
29 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Can only get on with work once planning permission etc granted! Will be festival every other year

Montgomery Brewster
28 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

The demand for hotel space will only increase. The weekend of the various concerts at murrayfield - hotels were running at 98% full in Edinburgh. 

Room rates for the bruntsfield were 499 for a standard room excluding brekkie. Not saying that we will get anywhere near that but we will certainly Hoover up concert goers , sports tourists and general punters for sure.  All good 😀

Watt-Zeefuik
47 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Inevitably will but with the cost now apparently £80m+ ~December it’s a hell of a lot of debt to pay off before it starts benefiting them. 

They’re approaching a situation like we had with the old main, where the maintenance on the thing started to eat up more revenue than it generated. Except it’s going to be 2-3 of their stands instead of one.

They’ll have to do something eventually. One of the reasons I’m somewhat mollified by them getting the group spot. They’ll trouser it for their stadium anyway.

gorgierulesapply88
26 minutes ago, south morocco said:

Who is doing the fit out of the hotel, any idea?

I've asked this, someone who advertises at the piggery was the answer I got.

But, I have a feeling its Budges bruvva.

3 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Not one other club will risk a penny going forward, nobody from outside will invest in a league that voted to kick out one of its members not that long ago. The SPFL is not fit for purpose and worst of all, it cannot be trusted.

Unfortunately for us to prosper, it means everybody else must. Its very easy for the hard of thinking to ridicule other clubs for not building new stadiums and not tapping into large fan bases, it's also so easy for some to look at the EPL and pretty much explode with jealousy and blame tv companies and whoever else they dispise in fits of jealous rage. 

The crux of the matter is, we are stuck in this tinpot penniless set up with zero ambition by anybody to do anything about it.

I agree about the investment in the league , it is criminally bad and I suspect the old firm prefer it that way any way

That does not stop us growing individually when the opportunity is there , and it would benefit us more any way . If we are able to do it with out building up debt then we should do it . The demand is there 

If later on the league gets a bit of investment then great , but with the clowns in charge of that I will not hold my breath 

Edited by Sooks

1 hour ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

I've asked this, someone who advertises at the piggery was the answer I got.

But, I have a feeling its Budges bruvva.

You obsess about things a bit eh

18 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I agree about the investment in the league , it is criminally bad and I suspect the old firm prefer it that way any way

That does not stop us growing individually when the opportunity is there , and it would benefit us more any way . If we are able to do it with out building up debt then we should do it . The demand is there 

If later on the league gets a bit of investment then great , but with the clowns in charge of that I will not hold my breath 

I've been saying this for years but hate how tin foil hat it sounds. There is something extremely not kosher about how bad our deal is. Like, I don't believe its possible to have such a bad deal relative to such an engaged population. I also find it extremely sus that Peter Lawwell who hasn't failed at anything in his life and been a ridiculously successful CEO with such a solid reputation Arsenal wanted him, went down to London to hold Doncasters hand in negotiations with Sky to come back with essentially the same crap deal we've always had. No one can seriously believe that was a hard fought negotiation to maintain the status quo?

A bad TV deal keeps operating costs for Celtic and Rangers down, its to their benefit that Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen etc. can't pay good wages. If we could suddenly afford to pay £10-15k a week for our star performers, suddenly we can compete in games, and they have to spend more to maintain their advantage. Its in their interest to keep our deal low because for it to be worth improving, it would need to make them competitive in Europe which would require, probably a 10x increase which isn't feasible. Whereas, a deal that would give us parity with Poland or the Scandinavian countries would make the world of difference to everyone else and barely touch the sides in Glasgow. Doncaster didn't even bother putting the bid out to tender last time. How can you expect to extract maximum value from the deal, if you tell Sky "you are the only show in town" and blank all other offers???

Something about how bad our deal is reeks and I would like to see a leak from another interested broadcaster as I'm 99% sure it would be more than Sky. 

Bull's-eye
29 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The club under Mrs Bs stewardship is 100% better than its ever been. The figures show that quite clearly. Unfortunately our support is sometimes way to quick to point fingers at the club they portray to support when its clear that the club is doing its best to encourage and invest in any revenue streams.

In my opinion there is enough potential in Hearts to fill a stadium the size of Murrayfield. If we played in a fair competitive league the investment would be there and there would be a return.

Its really not difficult to see the problem if you stop blaming Sky, Neilson, Levein and Budge.

gorgierulesapply88
41 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You obsess about things a bit eh

Not really.  Just not a big fan of budge and decisions she's made footballing side of things. Whether that be speaking out against own fans and not condoning others or, giving contracts to her brother who has made a fortune out the club.