Climate Change. Too Late???

maroonlegions

maroonlegions

Is there TIME to turn it around??

Nothing better than a nice cheery topic ..:vrface:

Has the damage of multinationals, common people, (aye us ordinary hard working people) ,  political policies, from ALL the three main political UK parties ,and the SNP  done TOO much damage to turn  the damage around.??

Eco systems are taking a pumping, like the "Coral Reef" damaged , "adverse weather conditions" ,"above average temps" for this time of year getting more and more  repeated on weather reports on TV.

We leave ,our grandchildren , or not, a very shitty future, outwith what political party one supports , is it time to feck the profits and the term , "money makes the world go round" and start to put our world that in the long term gives not one feck about .. but , but British Gas ect supports jobs ect...

Clock is ticking...

"Millennium"

I was born to see two thousand years
Of man's effect upon the planet
Extinction seems to be a plausible risk
Whatever happens well I'm part of all this

My life I've been waiting for this moment
All my life I've been waiting for this moment to come

Taste the salt of my tears
Take the wealth of my years
Singing in the millennium with you
(Resolutions for show)
Old ways don't seem to know
Singing in the millennium with you

Fire burn all our uncertainties
Water wash away impurities
Contradictions and predictions abound
Yes I believe that we can turn it around

All my life I've been waiting for this moment
All my life I've been waiting for this moment to come

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ray Gin

• ri Alban

• Irufushi

• Jambo-Jimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We've got stars directing our fate
And we're praying it's not too late
Millennium
Some say that we are players
Some say that we are pawns
But we've been making money
Since the day that we were born
Got to slow down
'Cause we're low down
Run around in circles
Live a life of solitude
'Til we find ourselves a partner
Someone to relate to
Then we'll slow down
Before we fall down
'Cause we know we're falling from grace
Millennium
Live for liposuction
And detox for your rent
Overdose at Christmas
And give it up for Lent
My friends are all so cynical
Refuse to keep the faith
We all enjoy the madness
'Cause we know we're gonna fade away
Millennium
Come and have a go if you think you are hard enough
Come and have a go if you think you are hard enough
Millennium, millennium
Millennium
(Sometimes you know)
And when we come we always come too late
I often think that we were born to hate
Get up and see the sarcasm in my eyes
And when we come we always come too late
I often think that we were born to hate
Get up and see the sarcasm in my eyes
We've got stars directing our fate (millennium)
And we're praying it's not too late (millennium)
'Cause we know we're falling from grace (millennium)
(And we won't stop)
Millennium

Doctor FinnBarr

Evidence was found that the Romans had vineyards around Hadrians Wall which means temps must have been higher then. So, what did they blame climate change on then, too much horse shite?

manaliveits105

We will be fine just don’t 

smoke

drink

eat meat

fly to sunny places

have sex 

make yourself a bamboo bike and wear the same clothes throughout adult hood 

50 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Evidence was found that the Romans had vineyards around Hadrians Wall which means temps must have been higher then. So, what did they blame climate change on then, too much horse shite?

Rising temperatures isn't our only concern.

We've been cutting down rain forests at an alarming rate. The forests are a major source of oxygen.

The pollution of the oceans, which is causing rising acidity, is killing off the plants in the oceans.  Those plants are our other major source of oxygen.  

Without that oxygen, mammals will suffocate.

And to answer the OP's question, I think it's too late.

The narrative has shifted very quickly from 'climate change isn't real and even if it is it's hundreds or thousands of years away, just carry on as normal' to 'well it turns out climate change is real and it's kind of ****ing everything up right now, but it's too late to do anything about it, just carry on as normal'. The end result is the same. 

Edited by The Internet

49 minutes ago, indianajones said:

At this stage I am past caring. 

Humans are scum. 

Some are.

But many are beautiful and inspiring.

We are part of nature and a real testament to the miracle of life.

The thing is there's no one who really has the power to stop it. We can talk about governments having a big meeting to show off their targets and that but at the end of the day if the corps don't want to stop what they're doing they just won't. There isn't some global power running things that has the ability to change what needs to be changed. No one is in control of it. It requires a global public effort the likes of which humans in 21st century society just aren't capable of. 

The baw is burst, we're well into end game. Might not be in the next 100 years but it will be sooner rather than later for the human race. The meerkat will inherit the Earth. 

1 hour ago, indianajones said:

At this stage I am past caring. 

Humans are scum. 

Correct, the sooner we are wiped out the better it will be for the planet. 

Should just go down the route of a world wide sterilisation program and be done with us, we don’t deserve the planet.

AlphonseCapone
3 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Is this true? 

On the OP, I don't think it's too late, but there isn't the desire therefore it's inevitable. 

Howdy Doody Jambo

The planet is 4.54 billion years old, why does lots of people fall for this pish, volcanoes are going to erupt, rain is going to fall the sun is going to shine The weather is going to change 

The earth's climate alternates between ice ages and greenhouse periods 

Oh quick don't go out don't put electricity on, don't use gas boilers, don't eat meat, don't drink milk just stay in, don't fart 

Edited by The Maroon Pound

4 hours ago, The Maroon Pound said:

The planet is 4.54 billion years old, why does lots of people fall for this pish, volcanoes are going to erupt, rain is going to fall the sun is going to shine The weather is going to change 

Oh quick don't go out don't put electricity on, don't use gas boilers, don't eat meat, don't drink milk just stay in, don't fart 

The earth's climate has never 'alternated' this quickly in the history of the earth. It was avoidable. 

7 hours ago, The Maroon Pound said:

As far as I'm aware, no one with any education in the topic has ever claimed that the Earth's climate doesn't change naturally. PhD level climate scientists are stating that the current rate of change is not natural and that the effects that we are seeing are consistent with what you would expect human behaviour to cause.

Genuine question; what makes you think that it is all 'pish' and that the climate scientists are wrong?

Edited by Bindy Badgy

I am not saying humans aren’t responsible for the changing climate however I am sceptical of how bad the current situation is however. I don’t think it is anywhere near a disaster as things are being made to look. However getting the message across this way means people will be more likely to change (plus money to made)

If it is as bad as it seems then we aren’t ready for the required changes. Simply put the great filter theory comes to mind. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

The whole World could stop using fossil fuels, go meat free and everything else that climate activists want, but all that will do imo, is buy you a bit of time.

IMO and I expect some to disgree, is that there are simply too many humans on the planet as it is and if our numbers keep on increasing the way they are, then the Earth isn't going to be able to support the numbers.  I've heard climate activists say (and this isn't having a pop at anybody) that millions, billions could die due to climate change and that could be true, but what about if they lived, how many more millions or billions of people would they add to an already growing population, and therefore hasten the demise of the human race, vicious circle isn't it, the more people you save the quicker the whole species dies out.

So IMO we are fecked either way, we either make large area's of the planet, maybe even the whole planet uninhabitable through global warming or we over populate the planet to the point that the Earth can't substain the numbers, knowing the human race, we'll probably do both.

11 hours ago, The Maroon Pound said:

:cornette: ****ing h£ll.

13 hours ago, The Maroon Pound said:

The Earth existed before humans evolved mind, we're a mere glimpse in time. Climate change is all about our own habitat - if it's too hot, our resources will dry up and extreme weather will wreck havoc.

The pace of change in warming is what is causing the alarm and we're already seeing the effects. If it remains on the same trajectory, things aren't going to look good for us humans in the immediate future. But as you say, the planet will still exist, volcanos will still erupt and weather will still be a thing so hurray for the solar system.

Howdy Doody Jambo
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

:cornette: ****ing h£ll.

How did the planet go out of the ice age? 

Your not another one wanting to change the weather are you 😂 

6 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

:cornette: 

2 hours ago, jonesy said:

Planet is fine. It’s us that’s fecked. C’est la vie/mort.

And thousands/millions of other species as a direct consequence of our actions. 

18 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

I suppose the Earth is flat as well? 

Cars and planes fumes are doing the damage . That’s why the weather has went pear shaped in the last 100 years really . It’s the price we have paid for technology and immediacy . 

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Cars and planes fumes are doing the damage . That’s why the weather has went pear shaped in the last 100 years really . It’s the price we have paid for technology and immediacy . 

There should be an escalating eye-watering tax rate for frequent fliers given the carbon cost of air miles.

I think the factories that are responsible for pollution should also get their goods given a carbon tax to hammer countries like China who will likely ignore whatever agreement is made.

Just now, frankblack said:

There should be an escalating eye-watering tax rate for frequent fliers given the carbon cost of air miles.

I think the factories that are responsible for pollution should also get their goods given a carbon tax to hammer countries like China who will likely ignore whatever agreement is made.

Agreed . And yea China will

ignore it . So it’s waste of time probably . I honestly can’t understand why some families have multiple cars too . I was reading an article where one family had 4 cars ! There should be free public transport , buses and trains and a real drive pardon the pun for car sharing if essential . 

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Agreed . And yea China will

ignore it . So it’s waste of time probably . I honestly can’t understand why some families have multiple cars too . I was reading an article where one family had 4 cars ! There should be free public transport , buses and trains and a real drive pardon the pun for car sharing if essential . 

👏 The Transport Network should be government owned. I'd pay more tax for essential projects that benefit the whole country. And transport is one of them. Police, Education and Health being the other ring fence categories free from politics.

Edited by ri Alban

News items stating China just circled the earth with a nuclear armed missile, the United States are developing same but are having problems, suggest same thing with North Korea, if Earth ends it will probably be because of human created devastating weapons, and the subsequent fall out. One of the good things about old age is you have a good chance of not having to suffer that human destruction. 

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

👏 The Transport Network should be government owned. I'd pay more tax for essential projects that benefit the whole country. And transport is one of them. Police, Education and Health being the other ring fence categories free from politics.

👍

2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

They contribute but they are far from the worst, aviation accounts for around about 2% of all human produced CO2 emissions.

Cement/concrete production on the other hand accounts for around about 8% of human produced CO2, about 4 times more than flying, yet we hear almost nothing about how bad cement production is. 

The BBC report is from 2018 & the guardian is from 2019, as I said, all we hear about is how bad flying is, yet cement production is way way worse, but little to nothing is ever said about it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-46455844

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2019/feb/25/concrete-the-most-destructive-material-on-earth

manaliveits105

Yeah but curtailing concrete doesn’t really give the  les miserables woke the same control over people as stopping them flying 

Way things are going the smelly  halitosis teetotal attention seeking erseholes with Sherpa hats will control  every aspect of our lives

Feck them - I  will continue to recycle and will go car electric in time - ram the rest 

Jail activists 

We are all George Carlin !

15 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Yeah but curtailing concrete doesn’t really give the  les miserables woke the same control over people as stopping them flying 

Way things are going the smelly  halitosis teetotal attention seeking erseholes with Sherpa hats will control  every aspect of our lives

Feck them - I  will continue to recycle and will go car electric in time - ram the rest 

Jail activists 

We are all George Carlin !

:byebye:Off to jail.

• 8 months later...

Too late? We have lovely beaches...get the beach bars, lidos & hotels built now before Iceland melts...:ip:

Climate change is now too late to address.

The arseholes that ignored all the warnings years ago will be regretting it now.

We’re all doomed.

Last time 40 degs was recorded in these isles it was 1570 allegedly, feck knows what the used to measure it...

Jeffros Furios

Millions more will be moving every year due to famine and drought ,

That means more trying to cross the channel by boat which will infuriate the gammon climate change deniers. 

The planet is ruined.

This heat will only get worse.

They had their chance.

Governments eh?