• ri Alban

• Irufushi

• OBE

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, Cade said:

Railway rails hitting 65 degrees. 

Every kilometre of rail has expanded by 30cm, causing warping, points failures and the cancellation of some trains.

Airport runways melting.

Many roads also melting.

London Ambulance service is taking 400 heat-related calls every hour.

I have only seen one reference to a runway being shut due to heat. Meanwhile in many parts of the world and in much hotter parts of Europe and beyond runways continue to operate. Shortage of baggage handlers have caused much more disruption than hot weather. Same goes for strikes and trains.

BBC news spends hours reporting that it is hot. For how many of the viewers and listeners was this news?

Cycled straight to Tesco to grab a cold bottle of beer on the way home as I was sweating like a priest in a boy’s school. As I came out I heard a small dog yelping, and sure enough some utter dick had left their dog in their car. It was cloudy by then but still very hot and muggy as hell. Some people really are idiots. 

2 days of abnormal temperatures and some folks are loosing their shit, better get some extra bog-roll in...

3 minutes ago, OBE said:

2 days of abnormal temperatures and some folks are loosing their shit, better get some extra bog-roll in...

I'm thinking that.

7 minutes ago, OBE said:

I worry about the media’s power these days. 
Across the board it’s working the masses into a lather about all sorts of shit !

I’m suspicious !

🤔

Edited by Boab

Just now, Boab said:

I worry about the media’s power these days. 
Across the board it’s working the masses into a lather about all sorts of shit !

I’m suspicious !

🤔

Snap!

Dennis Reynolds
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

I have only seen one reference to a runway being shut due to heat. Meanwhile in many parts of the world and in much hotter parts of Europe and beyond runways continue to operate. Shortage of baggage handlers have caused much more disruption than hot weather. Same goes for strikes and trains.

BBC news spends hours reporting that it is hot. For how many of the viewers and listeners was this news?

It's a climate change thread. Wtf are you expecting to be in here? 

11 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

So it is hardly News.

:lol: Tell that to the people whose trains were cancelled.

Dennis Reynolds

Tell you what, I've seen much more of people on Twitter telling me the media are fear mongering than any actual fear mongering.

Stuff like this which was proven to be doctored. But nah, it's the media that's the problem 🥱

Shooter McGavin

This year was the coldest start to a summer I could remember, and then boom. Absolutely roasting.

Shooter McGavin
6 minutes ago, HartleyLegend3 said:

Is there anyone who still thinks it's all bull? 

1 minute ago, HartleyLegend3 said:

20220718_191759.jpg

20220718_191804.jpg

Having kids at this point is probably the most selfish thing you could do.

Quite unbelievable how quickly things escalate out of control.

Climate change and global warming means more heat in the weather systems.

Which means more energy in the system.

Which means more extreme weather events.

Which means colder winters and hotter summers.

And flooding in both spring and autumn.

Globally, crops are at risk.

Which means hunger, starvation, civil unrest, wars, refugees and everything that comes with it.

Ocean currents may even change and if the Gulf Stream moves, then the UK is in for big, big changes in its climate.

Francis Albert
48 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

:lol: Tell that to the people whose trains were cancelled.

Hardly news for them!

4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Hardly news for them!

Aye right enough. All the people who couldn't get to work, couldn't get away on holiday, had to cancel day trips etc would have just given it a shrug of the shoulders and a "Meh, hardly news eh" when they found out their trains were cancelled.

Francis Albert
32 minutes ago, Cade said:

Climate change and global warming means more heat in the weather systems.

Which means more energy in the system.

Which means more extreme weather events.

Which means colder winters and hotter summers.

And flooding in both spring and autumn.

Globally, crops are at risk.

Which means hunger, starvation, civil unrest, wars, refugees and everything that comes with it.

Ocean currents may even change and if the Gulf Stream moves, then the UK is in for big, big changes in its climate.

Wouldn't the loss of the Gulf Stream make the UK colder?

Jambo_jim2001
11 hours ago, skinnybob72 said:

and even at 10am it's hotter than a Hibs fan's spoon on giro day. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣

9 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Seasonally,  very.  The climate of the UK is totally dependent on it.  For context,  Edinburgh is on the same line of latitude as Moscow.

18 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Agreed.

I sent my butler out to Waitrose in the Landy.

I enjoyed the virtuous feeling I got from getting home and having to sit in my underpants for an hour drinking cold beer before my temperature went back to normal. I’m also disgusted at you using your butler for chauffeur’s tasks. Poor show. 

It's not exactly the end-Permian but it's stuffy and unpleasant. Not an encouraging sign for the future by any means.

Jambo_jim2001
2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Believe it or not, there's still absolute bangers walking about with masks also making their bairns walk around in masks. 

Weirdos.

images (1).jpeg

Shooter McGavin
29 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Reproduction is the natural inclination of all healthy members of a species.

Say you had a kid today, it’ll be roughly 2088 by the time they hit retirement age.

Wonder what those graphs will look like then

:cornette_dog:

4 minutes ago, jonesy said:

The chauffeur was in A&E after I asked him to spend the day polishing the Rolls and the Maybach. 

Your first mistake was asking. You should have told him. 

Japan Jambo
On 17/07/2022 at 20:50, superjack said:

Totally agree re banning, or over taxing, private air travel. However, it will never happen as the tories and Labour will want to look after their rich pals.

Should ban cruises while you are at it, that's an environmental catastrophe too

Japan Jambo
35 minutes ago, Cobblers said:

I love hot weather but today in Northampton was unbearable.  I can’t ever remember hoping for rain In July before

I thought every day in Northampton was unbearable?

37 minutes ago, Cobblers said:

I love hot weather but today in Northampton was unbearable.  I can’t ever remember hoping for rain In July before

At least you're not on Corby amongst all the 4th Generation (not the new 7 year generation, the old fashioned proper generation) Rangers supporters, that would've been merder!

3 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

At least you're not on Corby amongst all the 4th Generation (not the new 7 year generation, the old fashioned proper generation) Rangers supporters, that would've been merder!

With the emphasis on merde. 

Just now, Tazio said:

🤣 apologies, it's  been a gin and tonic kind of a night!

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

I actually sounded a wee but scouse in that post.

Howdy Doody Jambo
3 hours ago, Taffin said:

This is the new normal. People better get used to it imo.

People needing the emergency services due to the heat (if not due  being made to work in it) need a boot up the arse too for wasting valuable resources.

The new normal? So did we never get a heatwave and warm temperatures during the old normal? 

Enjoy it while it lasts it's summer for goodness sake it will be pishing with rain in a day or so then the red map's can be put away for another year or two 

We would still be in the middle of an ice age if it wasn't for climate change 

The planet is 4 and a half billion years old we've had a few days of hot weather before 

The sun ☀ has got his hat on happy days 

People's knickers have been twisted in the heat 🔥 

53 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

More than likely, the Gulf Stream is a warm current.  

Even if it doesn't move or stop, it slowing down means more heat lost in the atlantic which leads to stronger storms.

4 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

The new normal? So did we never get a heatwave and warm temperatures during the old normal? 

Enjoy it while it lasts it's summer for goodness sake it will be pishing with rain in a day or so then the red map's can be put away for another year or two 

The planet is 4 and a half billion years old we've had a few days of hot weather before 

My man 😍👍

8 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

You really need to get a job in the media👍

12 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

And how did some of those work out?

Also, what is there to enjoy? It's been oppressively stifling. 

Howdy Doody Jambo
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

And how did some of those work out?

Also, what is there to enjoy? It's been oppressively stifling. 

Absolutely fine, why do people fly thousands of miles pay thousands of pounds for a holiday and snooze all day in the sun? Will the BBC now ban the summer Holiday show? 

Buy a fan, open a window, open a door, buy an ice cream, have several iced cold drinks hydrate more put a t-shirt on and a hanky on your head, have a water 💦 pistol 🔫 competition, go for a swim in the sea 

Summer in the UK only lasts a few months enjoy 

JudyJudyJudy

It’s clearly due to steam

engines , then planes and cars . Most definitely . It’s back to near enough normal tomorrow and it’ll prob be like that for the rest of the “ summer” 

I had a nice family evening outside in the back green with a nice salad and cuppa tea . I wasnt In my underwear though , unlike others 😎

There'll be a run on brollys on the 24th & 25th, Lidl are stocking up, 2 for a pearl...

Screenshot (54).png

Edited by OBE

7 hours ago, jonesy said:

At 39 years old and the way the economy is headed, I reckon it'll be roughly 2088 by the time hit retirement age.

Lucky you! I'm 33 and would be delighted to retire in 2094!

On a more serious, but unrelated note, I doubt very much there will be a state pension when we hit our late 60's

Captain Lithuania
8 hours ago, The Maroon Pound said:

Absolutely fine, why do people fly thousands of miles pay thousands of pounds for a holiday and snooze all day in the sun? Will the BBC now ban the summer Holiday show? 

Buy a fan, open a window, open a door, buy an ice cream, have several iced cold drinks hydrate more put a t-shirt on and a hanky on your head, have a water 💦 pistol 🔫 competition, go for a swim in the sea 

Summer in the UK only lasts a few months enjoy 

People go to countries that have the facilities to deal with such heat. When my bedroom is 28 degrees at 1am there’s bugger all to enjoy. But that’s obvious isn’t it. 

Ever so glad we're back within normal conditions today.  It's just summer innit.  There's probably no climate change happening out there in the rest of the world then.

9 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

Should ban cruises while you are at it, that's an environmental catastrophe 

Edited by Cobblers
Wrong post