• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Cruyff

• Morgan

• Pasquale for King

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, DS98 said:

We’re not competing with them unfortunately. Days like today are the reason for that. This unbeaten run means nothing. Think it might even become a hindrance to us. We’d be better off if we had won 7 and lost 3.

Massive over reaction. We're not going to win every game, including at Tynecastle. Every team will drop points, including Rangers and Celtic. What matters is where we are in the grand scheme of things - which is top of the league and unbeaten.

portobellojambo1

Lot of frustration today I think. For long periods it reminded me of many of the Championship games, where we struggled against teams who turned up and just parked the bus. In hindsight it might have been better to have two wide men on the park, not wing backs but wide men who might have helped pull their defenders about and created more spaces in the box.

I think our top priority needs to be to bring in a forward who can play up front along side Boyce, effectively go to a 4-4-2 formation.

We just have to pull the socks up and look to go to Perth on Wednesday and pick up all three points, then move onto Pittodrie next weekend looking to do the same.

Jeffros Furios
19 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

there were also a bunch on neds at the top of roseburn stand trying to break through to fight the Dundee fans after their equalizer

embarrassing to say the least and I know Budge will think the same 

Well Budge thinks you're a slavering fud !! 

11 minutes ago, Lonewolflins said:

Look , we are doing well , but we have let ourselves down drawing with shite like Ross County and Dundee . If we had anything up front we could be well ahead , but we don’t. We are in a fight for third and anybody who thinks different is deluded . A massive improvement on the last few years though so ill take that . 

Trouble is we are getting little from our front players. League goals: Gnando 1; GMS 1; Woodburn 0; McKay 0; Geo 0. Only Boyce is getting goals. Herein lies the problem.

1 hour ago, Coco said:

Is Jamie Walker unfit?  None of Woodburn, Mackay, Ginnelly, Gnanduillet or Mackay-Steven are offering anything.  Any of them look likely to score 50 goals for Hearts?

Interesting one. Is Walker better than any of them? No. Will he score more goals than all of them…yes. 

pettigrewsstylist

Wothout a decent, experienced AM, this is not unusual. Heavy reliance on set peices and defenders chipping in.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Massive over reaction. We're not going to win every game, including at Tynecastle. Every team will drop points, including Rangers and Celtic. What matters is where we are in the grand scheme of things - which is top of the league and unbeaten.

What’s an over reaction? We were very good today for a lot of that game. Dundee we’re hardly in our box but we just don’t have that killer instinct and that’s why we won’t challenge the OF imo. Even though man for man we were so far ahead of them today, you were just waiting on that shitty sucker punch. A draw at home to a really shite Dundee is disappointing. Only positive Is that’s another point above Hibs.

19 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Should have been at least 4 goal up before they equalised, hit the bar, the post had 1 off the line and Boyce and Beni both had great opportunities in the box.

Neilsons tactics were not the problem today but a lack of killer edge from our forward players was. 

This.  We need a consistent wee poacher.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
3 minutes ago, DS98 said:

We’re not competing with them unfortunately. Days like today are the reason for that. This unbeaten run means nothing. Think it might even become a hindrance to us. We’d be better off if we had won 7 and lost 3.

C'mon, if you were offered unbeaten, 1st or 2nd after 10 games and 5 in front of Hibs at the season start you, me and everyone else on JKB would have gladly snapped that up. Plenty on here would be slagging off anyone who suggested that this was possible.

Today, we completely outplayed Dundee and had 70% possession. I'm loving the way we are playing at the moment (and can't wait till the January transfer window to see who else we can bring in). Dundee were lucky but they worked hard for that luck. Today was frustrating, that's all. 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, DS98 said:

What’s an over reaction? We were very good today for a lot of that game. Dundee we’re hardly in our box but we just don’t have that killer instinct and that’s why we won’t challenge the OF imo. Even though man for man we were so far ahead of them today, you were just waiting on that shitty sucker punch. A draw at home to a really shite Dundee is disappointing. Only positive Is that’s another point above Hibs.

We saw against Rangers the other way around that teams can dominate and not win. My view is we should have brought Haring on and gone 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 instead of going for another goal with two wingers. And I think we'd be just as likely to score a second with that on paper more defensive sub than bringing on Ginnelly and GMS. We could have retained possession, frustrated Dundee into taking risks and then hit them on the break.

Of course, if we'd done that and just won 1-0 the usual suspects would have complained.

People want us to keep attacking but not sure this was the game for it as Dundee had players who could threaten us in a single moment.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Thought we played well. Boy the posh hit the bar, passed the ball well. Just didn’t get the second goal we needed and deserves. Disappointing but shit happens. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Wothout a decent, experienced AM, this is not unusual. Heavy reliance on set peices and defenders chipping in.

Fair. 

But also we do have a territory and possession so that encourages team goals. 

54 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We will drop points. 

If you want to get emotional- fair enough. 

But if you understand we won't win every game and every game will be hard then when you win you are happy and when you don't you understand it, then you are in a good place. 

1st or 2nd after 10 games is great. 

Anyone that thinks different is clueless. 

We can win the next game. 

Emotional ?

Guest ToqueJambo
24 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Should have been at least 4 goal up before they equalised, hit the bar, the post had 1 off the line and Boyce and Beni both had great opportunities in the box.

Neilsons tactics were not the problem today but a lack of killer edge from our forward players was. 

Kingsley had a brilliant chance as well - free header. Agree about the finishing and the overall tactics being fine, but he got the subs wrong I think. Hope he doesn't respond too much to criticism about being defensive. It should be ok to bring on a more defensive player at 1-0 up with 30 to go or whatever. First time this season mind you and a point is still a point.

Feels like a defeat but we played some really good football and on another day could have been 4 up before they scored. Really disappointed in Gnando, he just didn't look interested and shows we really need another striker signed. Some of Soutar's passing was sublime. 

Guest ToqueJambo
14 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Lot of frustration today I think. For long periods it reminded me of many of the Championship games, where we struggled against teams who turned up and just parked the bus. In hindsight it might have been better to have two wide men on the park, not wing backs but wide men who might have helped pull their defenders about and created more spaces in the box.

I think our top priority needs to be to bring in a forward who can play up front along side Boyce, effectively go to a 4-4-2 formation.

We just have to pull the socks up and look to go to Perth on Wednesday and pick up all three points, then move onto Pittodrie next weekend looking to do the same.

Dundee to be fair kept 3 up the whole game. 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, XB52 said:

Feels like a defeat but we played some really good football and on another day could have been 4 up before they scored. Really disappointed in Gnando, he just didn't look interested and shows we really need another striker signed. Some of Soutar's passing was sublime. 

Souttar was incredible, defender, playmaker and striker in one today.

I thought McKay was great today, free roaming to good effect. 

That said - an anonymous GMS for 80 minutes is still more likely to bang one in, and we desperately need goals. Same argument for Walker, even not on form he carries a threat. Devlin, Woodburn & Baningime aren't carrying that yet. Don't get me wrong, they are a formidable midfield unit otherwise but we do need that goal threat from midfield.  

That ball across the box from Gino was perfect - goal keeper can't risk coming for it, but we had no runners coming into the box.

More from midfield in terms of goals is desperately needed. I feel for Woodburn - talented guy but forcing play too much. If he relaxes, he will do absolutely fine. 

We are absolutely a work in progress and have done well so far - but there's more to work on for sure and plenty questions for the coaches to think about. 

Having this discussion when we are top shows how dramatically we have improved though, and its a good place to have it from!

Салатные палочки
7 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

C'mon, if you were offered unbeaten, 1st or 2nd after 10 games and 5 in front of Hibs at the season start you, me and everyone else on JKB would have gladly snapped that up. Plenty on here would be slagging off anyone who suggested that this was possible.

Today, we completely outplayed Dundee and had 70% possession. I'm loving the way we are playing at the moment (and can't wait till the January transfer window to see who else we can bring in). Dundee were lucky but they worked hard for that luck. Today was frustrating, that's all. 

:spoton:

31 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It is, but we are top. 

At worst 2nd. 

Pesky facts. 

Yep but the OF are playing a European game every week. We're not. They also lose players to international breaks, we don't lose many to them. We're equal on points with DUFC. We've drawn as many as we've won. We've dropped 4 points to the bottom 2. Nothing to shout about.

Pesky facts indeed...

Edited by Spellczech

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Spellczech said:

Yep but the OF are playing a European game every week. We're not. They also lose players to international breaks, we don't lose many to them. We're equal on points with DUFC. We've drawn as many as we've won. We've dropped 4 points to the bottom 2. Nothing to shout about.

Yep but we have a fraction of the OF's transfer budget and wage bill. That for me negates any perceived advantage of them playing two games a week. They have the squads to cope with that.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Yep but we have a fraction of the OF's transfer budget and wage bill. That for me negates any perceived advantage of them playing two games a week. They have the squads to cope with that.

How does United's budget compare with ours...?

Салатные палочки
1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

:laugh2: seriously? 

Remember where we were last season and the season before. People need to look at the bigger picture here. 

Very much like last season when we had for to many draws. We need to put teams like Scumdee to the sword if we really want to be a force this season.

Guest ToqueJambo

How does United's budget compare with ours...?

Who knows, but a lot closer to us than we are to the OF. Hopefully you've been watching Scottish football long enough to know that a team with a lower budget like UTD (although their owner has been spending big) always challenges for the top 3-4 every season on a one-off basis. The difference is we do it a lot more often, that's where our bigger budget comes into play - keeping us consistently challenging for the top 4 positions (most seasons)..

We might still be undefeated, but we are going to regret those draws where we really should have had 3 points come the end of the season. 

Der Hun with a chance to go 3 points clear is all our own doing when really, they should be the ones worrying about catching up. 

1 minute ago, Salad Fingers said:

:laugh2: seriously? 

Remember where we were last season and the season before. People need to look at the bigger picture here. 

We're only 10 games in, not even a full round of fixtures. People are getting far too carried away. We were in a similar situation under Levein the season we got demoted for goodness sakes...

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Very much like last season when we had for to many draws. We need to put teams like Scumdee to the sword if we really want to be a force this season.

To their credit Dundee defended very well, played a front 3 for the whole game and took their one chance. It happens. A good lesson for the team to learn this early in the season without too much damage being done to our overall position and outlook.

Guest ToqueJambo

We're only 10 games in, not even a full round of fixtures. People are getting far too carried away. We were in a similar situation under Levein the season we got demoted for goodness sakes...

Can you not see the difference this season from that Levein start to the season? It's night and day in terms of formation, tactics and style of football, consistency of selection, the strength off the bench, and most of all not being over-reliant on one player (that season it was Naismith as we saw when he got injured).

Салатные палочки

So we're not allowed to enjoy being top of the league? 

Sit down everyone, it's a false dawn. We're going down. 

13 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Souttar was incredible, defender, playmaker and striker in one today.

Best player on the park today . 

Just now, Salad Fingers said:

So we're not allowed to enjoy being top of the league? 

Sit down everyone, it's a false dawn. We're going down. 

Of course, we drew with Dundee at home, go out on the town, get some champagne and have a great night...

27 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

It has been a problem for us most of the season imo.

Having the team top heavy with primarily defensive minded players means balls getting passed about a lot which teams are finding easy to defend. We need players who will as you say,  move defenders around , players who's natural instinct is to get ahead of ball into box etc. Dundee were happy for us to have the ball today.

We seem to perform around the 'd' moving it from side to side.

Салатные палочки

Of course, we drew with Dundee at home, go out on the town, get some champagne and have a great night...

We're not entitled to win every game. Today was frustrating yes, but the reaction to it is pathetic. 

Just now, Salad Fingers said:

We're not entitled to win every game. Today was frustrating yes, but the reaction to it is pathetic. 

Same reaction as against Hibs, Aberdeen and Ross County. We blew it, again.

18 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

With you on all of that.

Also don’t see what’s really wrong with what I said. I couldn’t really care less about this unbeaten run. We’ve got both St Johnstone and Aberdeen away in our next two. There’s a good chance of another couple of draws. Wouldn’t be the end of the world but would just make today’s result hurt even more. We need to beat the shite at home. 

Overall it was a good performance. No anger, just disappointment. 

Very frustrating today, Dundee offered zero apart from stubborn resistance and got lucky with their goal. 

We were far to passive at 1-0 , apart from our 2 fullbacks.

Boyce has got tuck that away and it's game over.The worry is big Gnando look utterly horrendous in every facet of the game.

5 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Do you agree we blew it today?

This team is crying out for Jamie Walker. He can cut in from the left with no defensive responsibilities.

I’m prepared to be shot down. 

If anything what this game tells me is that we cannot become complacent against anyone this season, every game we will have to have full concentration for 90 mins, when you switch off, you get punished in this league, that's what happened today imo. Let's not gift st j any goals in widweek and I'm confident that we can take the three points up in Perth. HHGH!

Салатные палочки
1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Of course, but I'm not just talking about today. 

Ex member of the SaS

Once again our slow play lets us down and playing one up front with them defending means scoring is nigh impossible from open play. Unlucky with the wood work but we really should be putting teams like them to the sword.

1 minute ago, jblair182 said:

This team is crying out for Jamie Walker. He can cut in from the left with no defensive responsibilities.

I’m prepared to be shot down. 

The problem with most of our wide men is they are inconsistent. I suppose adding another inconsistent one means strength in numbers. 

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Dundee basically did to us what we did to Rangers in terms of grabbing a point against a team that mostly dominated possession but missed some chances to kill the game off. It happens.