• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Cruyff

• Morgan

• Pasquale for King

Another 2 points dropped at home, disappointing. 3wins out of 6 at home. 

Goals win games, not possession. Dundee were very happy for us to play keep ball.

Scored a good goal from 20yrds, hit bar and post apart from that not one effort troubled or hot close to troubling the goalie or defence.

The amount of times the fans were screaming at wing backs to cross the ball........who were they supposed to aim at ffs, Boyce aside they were all outside the box. That is the drawback, imo, of having only 3 primarily attack minded players to start with.

The players who came on as subs today can have no complaints if left at home for St.Johnstone game. Gnandulliets half hour must be close to being one of the worst 30mins seen in a Hearts strip for a long time.

Heading back on the train. Can sum the entire game up in 3 words - too fecking slow. Gnado was hopeless. Halkett stopping play to pass back, losing possession a lot. McKay worked his arse off, Devlin played himself on at one point and was very good. Constant passing back, very frustrating.

PhoenixHearts

Think we got that last sub wrong.

Think Haring should have come on instead of Gino. We were looking like conceding for a while and they were getting far too much space and time in midfield. That's when we should have looked to take control of the middle. 

I get the attacking change because we were trying for a second, but they were already growing into the game by that point and we needed calming down.

Should have been McKay off for Haring and a switch to 352, or Cochrane for Haring and switching to 4321. Wee looked threadbare in the middle and Beni was getting bullied by Adam.

12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Shite. 

We are literally top of the league. 

Your hypothetical situation won't play out. 

"A team" is what I said if you bothered to read my post instead of jumping in with all your dogmatic bollocks.

Stop looking for everything everyone says as having a go. We're doing amazingly well, but also dropping points in games we shouldn't be. Being unbeaten means nothing in and of itself, which is the point I was replying to.

We're doing really well, so wind your neck in and keep your "shite" comments to yourself.

On 19/10/2021 at 15:03, OTT said:

3-0 feel good about this. Woodburn, Boyce and McKay to score. 

If all 3 finished the game then they might have 😂

2 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

If all 3 finished the game then they might have 😂

What the **** is this pish? Of all the things to discuss or debate from today this pathetic bit of trolling is off the charts. 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
7 minutes ago, DS98 said:

So ****ing frustrating. Passed them off the park. Played some lovely stuff. Never gave Griffiths a sniff and Adam will still be in Beni’s pocket. Worldy of a goal. Then to lose a goal from a long throw and chuck away 2 points is so disappointing. Basically makes our good result last week pointless as we would’ve been better off getting beat last week and winning today. 

Agree with most of this but not the last sentence. Last week was a draw for the huns too. If they had won last week and we won today they would be a point clear with a game in hand. 

11 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Yeah he's not suited to that role. Too slow - physically and mentally. Takes an extra second or two to think what he wants to do and opportunity lost. 

Awful crossing, but not alone in that regard!

10 minutes ago, Lonewolflins said:

Aye drawn half or games , not that great to be honest . 

You guys are like the talking heads on Fox News.  Is there a facebook group where you all go to get updates on the new party line?

3 minutes ago, WageThief said:

When did this happen?  Maybe you wouldn't lose your voice if you opened your eyes.

Typical JKB reaction. Perhaps you should've opened your eyes and you'd have seen better options for passes to a team-mate. 

Too many passes lead to nothing walking right into Dundee's hands.  At times there was a more simple pass on but they chose to go the difficult route and pass to someone with markers a yard from them meaning Dundee intercepted and got the ball more than they should have. 

The slavers on tv can quote as many possession facts and figures they like, possession doesn't get you goals when you're making slack or slow passes and not moving the ball quicker and more direct. We made it too easy for Dundee today and i was not surprised they got an equalizer even if it should've been defended better. They got a point, we lost two by ourselves and not because Dundee were any good. Now two very hard away games coming up which is why three points today were very important.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

"A team" is what I said if you bothered to read my post instead of jumping in with all your dogmatic bollocks.

Stop looking for everything everyone says as having a go. We're doing amazingly well, but also dropping points in games we shouldn't be. Being unbeaten means nothing in and of itself, which is the point I was replying to.

We're doing really well, so wind your neck in and keep your "shite" comments to yourself.

Aye, and the teams ( other teams) will try v us, and hopefully try v other teams. 

It's all about teams. 

We'll done on that 

If no teams dropped points that shouldn't then what is the point in  playing the actual game. 

What does that even mean? 

Explain that. 

So naw, you wind your neck in. 

We're not doing amazing well either, just well imo. 

Off the pace for too much of the big games and unable to put away the poorer teams. We'll be 15 points at least off the winners of this league come May.

27 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

How many of us honestly expected us to be into October unbeaten? I certainly didn't. 

Honestly, today was a terrible result but seriously, people need to calm down. 

Agreed. I'm very pleasantly surprised where we are, but people also need to calm down about being unbeaten...it really doesn't mean a lot. 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
9 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Think we got that last sub wrong.

Think Haring should have come on instead of Gino. We were looking like conceding for a while and they were getting far too much space and time in midfield. That's when we should have looked to take control of the middle. 

I get the attacking change because we were trying for a second, but they were already growing into the game by that point and we needed calming down.

Should have been McKay off for Haring and a switch to 352, or Cochrane for Haring and switching to 4321. Wee looked threadbare in the middle and Beni was getting bullied by Adam.

Spot on…apart from the Beni comments. He totally owned Adam

Edited by Sub4TiddlerMurray

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye, and the teams ( other teams) will try v us, and hopefully try v other teams. 

It's all about teams. 

We'll done on that 

If no teams dropped points that shouldn't then what is the point in  playing the actual game. 

What does that even mean? 

Explain that. 

So naw, you wind your neck in. 

We're not doing amazing well either, just well imo. 

Go and troll someone else. You're full of shit, I've not at any point suggested nobody should drop points, all I said was being unbeaten doesn't mean anything. "A team" was in reference to you suggesting my 'hypothetical' scenario couldn't happen because we'd already won...I never said it in relation to us, I said "a team could go unbeaten all season and get relegated".

9 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Heading back on the train. Can sum the entire game up in 3 words - too fecking slow. Gnado was hopeless. Halkett stopping play to pass back, losing possession a lot. McKay worked his arse off, Devlin played himself on at one point and was very good. Constant passing back, very frustrating.

"Constant" passing back? Really? I saw lots of good intricate passing and moving, but people playing it safe when that was the only option.

They look pretty well-drilled to me. I blame that on the manager.

The Real Maroonblood
12 minutes ago, Taffin said:

:greatpost:

Also noticed the red and the 4th official chatting after the equaliser about the Dundee player getting hit with a cup thrown from the Sec N so that will be in the refs match report. Less chat about the objects thrown by their fans. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Agreed. I'm very pleasantly surprised where we are, but people also need to calm down about being unbeaten...it really doesn't mean a lot. 

Unbeaten means you are unbeaten. 

It's not that hard a concept Tbh. 

It's not up for debate. 

You are either unbeaten or not. 

You can Ofc try to win more games but being unbeaten is self  explanatory. 

This is why we will never challenge. We just don’t have a winning mentality and in recent weeks have relied on 25 yarders and muck ups for goals. 

Wednesday is our first defeat against a honking side

2 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

"Constant" passing back? Really? I saw lots of good intricate passing and moving, but people playing it safe when that was the only option.

Some dafties seem to think it’s like reverse rugby and you’re only allowed to pass forward. No point in charging up the pitch if nothing is on, that seems to confuse some. 

PhoenixHearts
6 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Spot on…apart from the Beni comments. He totally owned Adam

I just felt that Adam was kicking lumps out of Beni all game. I believe that was probably by design. Was a wonder just how long it took him to get booked.

3 hours ago, sadj said:

Why is it a shambles? Arrive earlier! Oh no theres a big queue at 1445 when we thought we’d leave and head to the ground

Ok, Dad. 

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Also noticed the red and the 4th official chatting after the equaliser about the Dundee player getting hit with a cup thrown from the Sec N so that will be in the refs match report. Less chat about the objects thrown by their fans. 

there were also a bunch on neds at the top of roseburn stand trying to break through to fight the Dundee fans after their equalizer

embarrassing to say the least and I know Budge will think the same 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's not up for debate. 

But ultimately so what

Dundee did to use what we did to Rangers, if you don't take your chance it will happen.

If you outplay your opponents you will win more often than not.

1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

there were also a bunch on neds at the top of roseburn stand trying to break through to fight the Dundee fans after their equalizer

embarrassing to say the least and I know Budge will think the same 

That must have excited you a fair bit. Did you report them? Or the Dundee fans doing the same? 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Go and troll someone else. You're full of shit, I've not at any point suggested nobody should drop points, all I said was being unbeaten doesn't mean anything. "A team" was in reference to you suggesting my 'hypothetical' scenario couldn't happen because we'd already won...I never said it in relation to us, I said "a team could go unbeaten all season and get relegated".

😎

Unbeaten does mean something, it means you haven't been beaten.

It's right there Tbh. 

Aye, OK. name me a team that was unbeaten and got relegated. 

BTW, a team can also go unbeaten and win the league. 

That has happened. 👍

I can name a team that has done that, recently as well. 

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's not up for debate. 

The only conclusion you can derive from being unbeaten is that we are hard to beat. If a team had been unbeaten last season but drawn every game it would've finished last season in 10th place, 2 points above a play-off for relegation...

4 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

It was constant. Broke forward a few times but some of the players slowed play completely to go backwards. We have some very attack minded players and others who are the polar opposite trying to play leveinball

Just now, Tazio said:

That must have excited you a fair bit. Did you report them? Or the Dundee fans doing the same? 

We should be behaving ourselves better - no excuses 

25 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

We played well today,if anything we overplayed it at times.Boyce should of had 2,GMS again missing a big chance to Kill the game.Gnaduillet just awfull when he came on,I'd get rid in January and sign another 2 strikers.

I would agree with that we had them on the ropes ten men behind the ball dontchano but never took the next step... that was our down fall. Had we got the next goal they would have been dead and buried but we let them of the hook...  our subs were totally ineffectual in fact set the team back when we needed a boost.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Spellczech said:

The only conclusion you can derive from being unbeaten is that we are hard to beat. If a team had been unbeaten last season but drawn every game it would've finished last season in 10th place, 2 points above a play-off for relegation...

It is, but we are top. 

At worst 2nd. 

Pesky facts. 

25 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

When did we become so entitled as a support? 

We didn’t, it’s just one of these I hate these ***** kind of games we hope to win

Should have been at least 4 goal up before they equalised, hit the bar, the post had 1 off the line and Boyce and Beni both had great opportunities in the box.

Neilsons tactics were not the problem today but a lack of killer edge from our forward players was. 

Edited by Bozi

Their big substitute was a lot better than ours.

You just knew that goal was going come even though they were poor.

The ref was poor and there was no need for that booing at the end.

13 minutes ago, WageThief said:

You guys are like the talking heads on Fox News.  Is there a facebook group where you all go to get updates on the new party line?

Look , we are doing well , but we have let ourselves down drawing with shite like Ross County and Dundee . If we had anything up front we could be well ahead , but we don’t. We are in a fight for third and anybody who thinks different is deluded . A massive improvement on the last few years though so ill take that . 

10 games in and we're undefeated and top of the league but I'm feeling completely deflated after that game today. Dundee did to us what we did to the rangers last week I suppose but we really should have been out of sight before they scored.

Very very frustrating today.

It just looked increasingly likely after not taking our chances or playing the right final ball that Dundee would come close or equalise.

Similar to us at Ibrox last week.

For all the pressure and good possession we have, we don't create enough clear cut chances for me.

It's frustrating as we're 2 players away (an energetic attacking wing back and poacher) from being a very good side.

1 minute ago, Lonewolflins said:

Look , we are doing well , but we have let ourselves down drawing with shite like Ross County and Dundee . If we had anything up front we could be well ahead , but we don’t. We are in a fight for third and anybody who thinks different is deluded . A massive improvement on the last few years though so ill take that . 

We will always let ourselves down.  The eventual champions this year wont be us I agree, but whichever sectarian cheek it is, they have already let themselves down.  We might well wonder what could've been, but you've gotta wonder just how good a transfer window could be.  

Positives;

We were the better team & attacked well.

We’re still unbeaten in the league  & top on GD.

Souttars goal 😍

Negatives;

Wasteful as feck.

Subs were ineffective, if Boyce is out for any length of time we’re in bother.

Poor to concede from a long throw.

Need to work on our finishing in the week, take one of those chances & they’re dead & buried. 2 massive games ahead that could have a huge effect on who gets Europe next season.

24 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Agree with most of this but not the last sentence. Last week was a draw for the huns too. If they had won last week and we won today they would be a point clear with a game in hand. 

We’re not competing with them unfortunately. Days like today are the reason for that. This unbeaten run means nothing. Think it might even become a hindrance to us. We’d be better off if we had won 7 and lost 3.

Guest ToqueJambo

Disappointing. Feels like a defeat. Feel this was the first game this season Neilson has got his subs and game management wrong. 

Maybe he's responding to the stick he's got about being negative and not killing teams off but I'd actually have liked to have seen pragmatic Neilson today, bringing Haring on to shore up midfield and frustrate Dundee instead of two new wingers. Maybe gone 4-4-2, or 4-3-3 to match Dundee. Maybe the Boyce injury changed things so he couldn't do that so easily.

Ok it was just Dundee but 1-0 is a dodgy scoreline as we saw with Rangers last weekend and Adam or Cummings were always going to be a threat.

Can't complain about top of the league and unbeaten after 10 though. We definitely need one if not two strikers - at least one in Jan then another in summer.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 hour ago, E3OBE said:

That’s a shocker of a result. Dundee offered literally nothing all game and came away with a point. Got to be winning these games.

This 🤬

9 minutes ago, Jambo na hÉireann said:

Wait, what? Where the **** did Dundee United come from? 

Been creeping up for a while now, they are the in form in the league at the minute, going to be a big game against them at tynie in a couple of weeks. Still at least we are top and five points clear of h1b5!

:fth: