***Official Heart of Midlothian vs Dundee Match Thread***

CloustonHMFC

4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I'd give The Big Man a start alongside Boycie for this one. 

I wouldn't be changing our formation at this stage. Let's just keep going.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Cruyff

• Morgan

• Pasquale for King

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I'd give The Big Man a start alongside Boycie for this one. 

I'd keep the same formatio, maybe swap them tho. 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Pace is the big factor. They don't have it and we do. Push up quickly and get right on top of their defence from the start. No reason why we can't repeat the fantastic performance at dundee united.

Aye, we should be too fit and fast for them. 

If we don't score early we might have to show  patience and they carry a threat going forward. 

As long as we don't chuck goals in at the back we'll win this with a goal or 2 to spare. 

They’ll sit in, foul, make it scrappy and try and get Adams on the ball to ping 40 yard passes over the top to Griffiths. I doubt more than a goal in it, fully expect it to be the worse game of football I’ll witness this season. I can only hope the entertainment from the stands will make up for it.

Need to make the ground absolutely poisonous for this one, constant booing & whistling when they’re on the ball, Pedo Griffiths taking abuse for the full game. Annoyingly they have 2 players up top that always score v us so need to get right in their heads & wind them up

5 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Set pieces is massive. That Ashcroft is one of the best attackers at corners in the league. Nothing stupid round our box.

they are 2nd bottom for a reason.

Can see this game being much tighter than we want it to be. One goal in it, would love to see souttar put Griffiths into the wheatfield and cammy devlin run rings around charlie Adam 

19 hours ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Haven't seen one yet.

I'm flying home on Saturday morning and have tickets for this. Think we'll outclass them but maybe struggle to put our chances away. 2-0 and finish the day top of the table 🇱🇻

What does lv mean?

2 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

What does lv mean?

I've been wondering that, seen it a lot at the end of sentences!

Just now, sandyk said:

I've been wondering that, seen it a lot at the end of sentences!

Looks like some sort of teenage toktik chat to me, or whatever it's called.

Was Griffiths not due to be suspended soon? Think Shaun Byrne has been a big player for them this season, and he got injured at the end of the Aberdeen game, so should be out this one. If Beni and Cammy get on top of Adam then I cant see any way for them to cause us problems. 

Edited by karipidis

20 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

It's three games coming up versus Dundee, St Johnstone and Aberdeen where I'd be more than happy to accept 1-0 wins in each as it would secure 9 points.

20 hours ago, ...andFulton'sBaggio said:

I wanna smash em

Sums it up for me. I'd take 1-0 wins just as long as we win. But on the other hand, I'd love nothing more than to rattle half a dozen goals past this lot on Saturday.

2 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

Hope the players don’t have your attitude 😂

If our players give the same as our previous games we will win, time to give this lot a big defeat,  

Just now, Dalry said:

Can you enter the Wheatfield via Gorgie Rd yet? Hibs game was a nightmare with being sent around to McLeod Street.

Yes. 

4 minutes ago, Dalry said:

Can you enter the Wheatfield via Gorgie Rd yet? Hibs game was a nightmare with being sent around to McLeod Street.

Not so sure... the Motherwell game I tried to get into the new stand via Gorgie Road (as I normally do) but was told to now enter via McLeod Street... something about their ticket zappers being updated!

20 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Devlin or Beni to get their first goal in a heated game which we end up winning by 2.  

Just as long they keep their heid and avoid any silly bookings. No doubt McJakie and Thumb will be out to wind them up.

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 hours ago, maroon said:

Can see this game being much tighter than we want it to be. One goal in it, would love to see souttar put Griffiths into the wheatfield and cammy devlin run rings around charlie Adam 

Have you seen the size of Charlie Adam, we don't want Cammy running rings around him too much, Devlin needs to last 90mins :smile:

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Rudy T said:

They’ll sit in, foul, make it scrappy and try and get Adams on the ball to ping 40 yard passes over the top to Griffiths. I doubt more than a goal in it, fully expect it to be the worse game of football I’ll witness this season. I can only hope the entertainment from the stands will make up for it.

Maybe, but Dundee games were quite end to end last season. 

I don't think they're too defensive by nature Tbh. 

An Earlish goal would sort that out as well. 

It might be like playing hibs, just a bit more cultured-

Replace Adam pass with a Porteous blooter. 

Replace Griffiths with Boyle. 

🤷‍♂️

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, maroon said:

Rings? 

More like an orbit him a few times. 

18 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Maybe, but Dundee games were quite end to end last season. 

I don't think they're too defensive by nature Tbh. 

An Earlish goal would sort that out as well. 

It might be like playing hibs, just a bit more cultured-

Replace Adam pass with a Porteous blooter. 

Replace Griffiths with Boyle. 

🤷‍♂️

We can but hope but McPake is under pressure they need points I just don’t see them allowing us to dictate the tempo. Obviously I’m hoping it’s entertaining and we absolutely scud them.

4 hours ago, Mars plastic said:

What does lv mean?

It's an emoji that doesn't show up on your phone or web browser. It's the maroon and white Latvia flag.

Our next three games are against 11th, 8th and 9th. Although St. Johnstone and Aberdeen are probably in false positions we haven't done well against them in recent seasons, especially St Johnstone. If we can get through those games with 7 points we'll have done well, if we can get 9 then we can start believing.

Pasquale for King

Remember your vaccine passports, wouldnt let me register the app fully today 🤬, couldn’t find my paper copy 😡 but it turned up eventually 😓phew 😆
Can’t wait for the game now. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Not so sure... the Motherwell game I tried to get into the new stand via Gorgie Road (as I normally do) but was told to now enter via McLeod Street... something about their ticket zappers being updated!

I didn’t know you could do that, I walk around to the new stand 🤔?

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I didn’t know you could do that, I walk around to the new stand 🤔?

...yeah, my ST doesn't work any more at the Gorgie Road entrance - computer says no 😪

Pasquale for King
Just now, Rogue Daddy said:

...yeah, my ST doesn't work any more at the Gorgie Road entrance - computer says no 😪

Too late for me then 🤦🏽

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Is this true?

I thought it said he misses the Dundee game…

Its been updated he misses the Dundee/St J and Sheep games.

A_A wehatethehibs

Delighted they beat a shite Aberdeen team because that will give them a false confidence that they can mix it with us

59 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

We were denied entry from Gorgie Road to the new stand. Scanner does not allow, but it's OK if going to Wheatfield or Roseburn.

My half sister

You can use the Gorgie turnstiles for access to Wheatfield Stand.

At the Motherwell and Livvy games, the queue at Gorgie was much less than Wheatfield.

portobellojambo1
6 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

Sums it up for me. I'd take 1-0 wins just as long as we win. But on the other hand, I'd love nothing more than to rattle half a dozen goals past this lot on Saturday.

I'm the same, be quite happy with 3 x 1-0 wins as it gets us 9 points. However, if we win any or all the games more comfortably that would be even better.

1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I'm the same, be quite happy with 3 x 1-0 wins as it gets us 9 points. However, if we win any or all the games more comfortably that would be even better.

Hopefully our league decider wont be decided on goal difference.