• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Malinga the Swinga

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• JWL

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This afternoon's game was played in a very good spirit. Afghan cricket did develop in Pakistan originally of course (refugees from Russian invasion). 

I do often wonder of all the nations there, India gets an easy ride over here. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Malinga the Swinga
49 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

This afternoon's game was played in a very good spirit. Afghan cricket did develop in Pakistan originally of course (refugees from Russian invasion). 

I do often wonder of all the nations there, India gets an easy ride over here. 

We should consider bringing laws similar to this for Edinburgh derbies, whenever Hibs win. Would only be used very rarely.

SA needed  15 off the final over and get back to back 6's for a win. Great stuff.

Oz v the Pommies next. Will be switching between the game & the cricket. 

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

SA needed  15 off the final over and get back to back 6's for a win. Great stuff.

Oz v the Pommies next. Will be switching between the game & the cricket. 

Some hitting from Miller. I remember when 6's used to be hit into crowd Now they go over crowd, over stands and out of ground.

Malinga the Swinga

Only good thing is, they will most likely have to play India/Pakistan to win and both of these sides are also top class.

So far, England and Pakistan are best in groups but with T20 when it comes to semi final and final, anything could happen.

Malinga the Swinga
13 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Possibly. Also they are huge under achievers given the talent at their disposal. Perhaps they shouldn't be so insular and play in the other events like the BBL, Rand Slam etc.

Think the players would like to but India are away touring so often, it would prove difficult.

They aren't allowed to play in PPL just as Pakistani players can't play in IPL.

Interesting test for England today as Sri Lanka win the toss and England have to bat first. They've won 3 out of 3 chasing low totals but lost a warm up game to India batting first.

Btw a wee bit off topic but every time I hear that song/jingle on Sky Cricket channel for this tournament I'm sure they're singing "Let's  ****ing love this game", just me?

Malinga the Swinga
17 minutes ago, Hesh said:

Indians going bonkers on twitter today supporting Scotland

I have a feeling they will be disappointed

I saw Safyaan Sharif when he first started. Always seemed to have raw talent.

Great to see him do so well at this level. He might get some offers now.

Malinga the Swinga

Can't miss chances in field, no matter how difficult, but that wasn't difficult, it was a dolly.

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

Malinga the Swinga

Has Leask ever fielded before? Another chance gone because he stood in wrong place.

That's two bad misses from him 

Malinga the Swinga

Allie Evans is, at this level, an absolute liability. It's the equivalent of standing there throwing underhand lobs at batter and they can just smash it wherever. Just under 50 in 4 overs. No threat whatsoever.

He needs thanked and consigned to bin.

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

What's up with Guptil, he looks like he just ran a marathon. He's gone. 

NZ 157-5. 

Getting on a bit and fitness in the heat is at premium. Watt and Shariff have bowled well, the rest need to practice as bowling length to Guptil is asking for trouble.

Kennedy Bakircioglu

I don't think any of the personal abuse at Scotland players is justified or acceptable. They're playing against one of the best sides in the world. Watt and Sharif have bowled excellently. They have a chance of chasing this. 

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, Kennedy Bakircioglu said:

I don't think any of the personal abuse at Scotland players is justified or acceptable. They're playing against one of the best sides in the world. Watt and Sharif have bowled excellently. They have a chance of chasing this. 

It isn't abuse. Evans bowling was awful and Leaks fielding was abysmal. 

Already said Watt and Shariff were good.

Malinga the Swinga

Good effort from batsmen. Only Southee was too hot to handle but they gave it a go and can hold their heads up.

Now we only have Pakistan and India to face.

Malinga the Swinga

Superb batting from India. Kohli didn't even get to wicket as he allowed big hitters in before him. Put team before himself.

Can't see Afghans getting 212.

It's going to be an interesting challenge today.

The way the group is New Zealand qualify alongside Pakistan if they beat Namibia this morning and then Afghanistan on Sunday. 

But if Afghanistan beat New Zealand then India have a chance on goal difference ('net run rate'). So India will want to destroy Scotland. Score 250 if they bat first for example. 

So a new experience and challenge for the Scotland players. 

Malinga the Swinga
4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's going to be an interesting challenge today.

The way the group is New Zealand qualify alongside Pakistan if they beat Namibia this morning and then Afghanistan on Sunday. 

But if Afghanistan beat New Zealand then India have a chance on goal difference ('net run rate'). So India will want to destroy Scotland. Score 250 if they bat first for example. 

So a new experience and challenge for the Scotland players. 

After our start, safe to say India won't be needing 250.

Malinga the Swinga
4 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Indeed. Waving the bat about and going back onto the stumps against spinners of this calibre us fatal.

A real education for Scotland in these Super 12 matches. Let's hope the lessons are learned.

Well next year T20 world cup in Australia so different pitches, but lessons need to be learned.

Not just us though, Bangladesh, Namibia & West Indies have all found these pitches hard going.

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

True. This one a right Bunsen. 

On another note this Pant wank gets on my tits with his stupid feckin giggle at nearly every ball. 

A Gray Nicholls in the pus would soon shut his yap. 

He's a quality player, but like all keepers, a complete pain in backside.

Jadeja is a nightmare. Two step darts that grip and turn. At least Leask gave it a go.

Malinga the Swinga
25 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Bob Taylor was a gentleman and I liked Jack Russell,  but my hero was Alan Knott. 

I saw both him and Rod Marsh at The Oval during an Ashes series in the 70s. My grandfather worked down in Clapham and one of his colleagues was a Surrey member. He got me tickets for the old Vauxhall End. Back then you could walk around on the outfield during the morning warm ups and get close to them all. Lillee, Marsh, Max Walker, Ian Chappell, Knott, Edrich and many more. I can't remember if Thommo played.....

This is where my love of cricket began. Wonderful players.

Mines was from Scarborough festival. Watched loads of Yorkshire games. Highlight was seeing Viv Richards scoring 100 at Lord's though.

Malinga the Swinga

Good to see Watt grabbing wicket, albeit India just throwing bat at every ball. Why they played negatively against NZ is a mystery.

Now we have Pakistan to face. It doesn't get any easier.