Top Posters In This Topic

• Malinga the Swinga

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• JWL

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 22/10/2021 at 16:14, jonnothejambo said:

I think we can beat Pakistan, Afghanistan and Namibua. 

I'm an optimist. It's 20 overs and in the short form we have a sporting chance.

Babar Azam out early and you never know

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, JWL said:

Tough watch this

Afghanistan are quality team. They smashed WI's earlier this week and their guys are all battle hardened.

Malinga the Swinga
On 22/10/2021 at 16:14, jonnothejambo said:

I think we can beat Pakistan, Afghanistan and Namibua. 

I'm an optimist. It's 20 overs and in the short form we have a sporting chance.

Hope different Pakistan turn up from one that dismantled India yesterday. 

Malinga the Swinga

If the ICC had any bollocks, they wouldn't be here playing. Let's hope Australia, England and others live up to word and refuse to play them after T20 is finished.

Malinga the Swinga

If they beat Afghanistan, will have been a fantastic run chase.

To beat Namibia, they need to get Wiese out cheaply. Do that and they have good chance.

Don't know how we beat Pakistan or India. Hope they are overconfident and make mistakes I guess.

Mark Watt bowling really well. Nearly all going at 10's apart from him. 4 overs, 1 for 23 great effort.

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

If the ICC had any bollocks, they wouldn't be here playing. Let's hope Australia, England and others live up to word and refuse to play them after T20 is finished.

I think that's a bit unfair. Things don't happen that quickly. The scheduled meeting to consider the issue is after the World Cup. 

But Afghanistan have come to the tournament with no women fans so the Taliban will be happy for now. The contrast when they play India and Pakistan who have loads of women fans will be notable.

Edited by Mikey1874

Scotland captain spoke well. That is the standard to aim for and it's back to looking to play well.

Ideal to play again so quickly on Wednesday then week off before 3 games in 4 days against the best. 

Malinga the Swinga
3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

I think that's a bit unfair. Things don't happen that quickly. The scheduled meeting to consider the issue is after the World Cup. 

But Afghanistan have come to the tournament with no women fans so the Taliban will be happy for now. The contrast when they play India and Pakistan who have loads of women fans will be notable.

We will see. It isn't unfair as Taliban have already stated no women will play sport while they are in charge. The players are either on hiding for lives or else have fled Afghanistan.

Rules are rules and to play in ICC tournament, you must have equal opportunity for women. The Afghan cricketing body no longer do that, therefore they should not be there.

We will hear the sob stories from there male players, but tough luck guys, rules are rules and they should be banned immediately.

12 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

We will see. It isn't unfair as Taliban have already stated no women will play sport while they are in charge. The players are either on hiding for lives or else have fled Afghanistan.

Rules are rules and to play in ICC tournament, you must have equal opportunity for women. The Afghan cricketing body no longer do that, therefore they should not be there.

We will hear the sob stories from there male players, but tough luck guys, rules are rules and they should be banned immediately.

I don't disagree.

But test status which requires a women's team is different to T20. Afghanistan aren't going to be stopped playing. Same as other countries with human rights abuses. 

Their team looks like it's going to add a lot to this tournament. 

Malinga the Swinga

Big game tomorrow. Hopefully confidence won't have been knocked too much by defeat.

After Namibia, it gets really hard as we face 2nd, 3rd and 4th in world rankings.

Malinga the Swinga
3 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I thought Scotland had a chance in three games....

:phface:

Think you were a tad optimistic, but we have a chance, especially tomorrow. Bat first and score 160+. Then bowl tidily and get Wiese as soon as possible. Only him and captain have shown anything. If we bat second, then hope to chase no more than 140.

Can we beat India, New Zealand or Pakistan. Well, Pakistan may have already qualified when we play them, so they may rest players.

Being honest, if we get over 120 against their bowling attacks, we will have done okay. Over 140 will be great and anything more than 160 will be out of this world.

We could restrict New Zealand to under 140 but India and Pakistan batting is formidable.

That's too level cricket though and the experience we gain here will be useful in next year's event in Australia. Pitches there will suit us better as UAE is suited to spin which Afghanistan, India and Pakistan are well served in.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Scotland beat Namibia in the warm up game just weeks ago but Nambia are on a roll. 

We are on a bigger roll (if that's even a phrase). No excuses for this one. 

Malinga the Swinga

2-3. Absolutely shocking batting. Play with a straight bat. Both runs came from wides.

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

Malinga the Swinga

Unlucky with last one as umpires call but this is terrible batting. Stand a pace forward out of crease and take step forward. Use your feet. 

Malinga the Swinga

Munsey with cross bat, McLeod chasing ball with no feet moving and Berrington just played all round ball.

If they'd had slip in, they would have had another. Ball moving around all over place.

Malinga the Swinga

Wtf are they playing at. Very lucky to avoid run out. Just play game properly. Thought bat was in air myself.

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

Although it is disappointing, especially the start to this game, this is the level Scotland are at. Beating Bangladesh was unusual though also eminently possible if it all goes well. 

In qualifying for this tournament Scotland lost to Singapore, Namibia and Netherlands and got through a 5th/6th place play off.

As above they don't need to qualify next time. But just not quite being good enough consistently is where they are at. 

Scoreboard makes it look close(ish) but Namibia were cruising.  Utter pish.  They'll probably have a heroic performance vs one of the big teams but a win is like expecting Kelty Hearts to beat Rangers.

Malinga the Swinga
30 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Although it is disappointing, especially the start to this game, this is the level Scotland are at. Beating Bangladesh was unusual though also eminently possible if it all goes well. 

In qualifying for this tournament Scotland lost to Singapore, Namibia and Netherlands and got through a 5th/6th place play off.

As above they don't need to qualify next time. But just not quite being good enough consistently is where they are at. 

Think you are being a little kind to Scotland. The batting of the experienced guys was pathetic. No excuses about the level they are at is acceptable. The first three wickets were out to shots a club cricketer in local league would be ashamed of, never mind guys with the experience they have. No movement of feet, no attempt to get forward, just rabbits in headlights. Captain dropped himself for this game but that was big mistake +unless he was injured or I'll).  CM has been major disappointment and Berrington had no need to play shot he did.

I reckon they beat Namibia 9 times out of 10 but the top guys shit themselves and left it up to middle order guys, who to be fair, did a decent job to get score up to over 100. Scotland's bowlers must look at batsmen and wonder wtf they are doing. They didn't learn one thing from Afghan game and by looks of it, they didn't watch Namibian games earlier on as this was carbon copy of what they did in group games. 

Lastly, hope Namibia get destroyed on their remaining games. Just something about them that exudes arrogance and smugness, particularly Wiese and Erasmus.