Top Posters In This Topic

• Malinga the Swinga

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• JWL

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Malinga the Swinga

Need a couple of wickets soon. Oman late order isn't up to much and you don't want to be chasing much more than 140.

Malinga the Swinga

Last over 4 when sensible fielding makes it a single. Chasing 123 to win. If they don't get that, they don't deserve to qualify.

2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

122 - A tie will be enough to win the group.

Very true and always a chance. Win or tie we will avoid England's group.

Malinga the Swinga
7 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

122 - A tie will be enough to win the group.

Don't think I could cope with strain of watching tie. Would prefer to knock off runs with about 8 or 9 overs to spare with wickets in hand.

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Dodgy curry, ri ? Not yet

We are there. Fantastic performance. And not yet.

It's Scotland we're talking about, Jonno. Brutal. :scared:

What a brilliant result. Those of us who have sat through more than our fair share of near things for Scotland cricket will know exactly what a big deal this is. 

Just now, ri Alban said:

:yas: 

Do we get to play England and Australia? Fecking Brilliant for the team to play the elite.

England in semi final

Edited by Mikey1874

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Afghanistan 

India

New Zealand 

Pakistan 

Ireland or Namibia 

India Pakistan and New Zealand. :vrwow:

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Why am I shiting it.

No need, no need at all. Three professional performances, three wins. Beating Bangladesh was one that gave them confidence and they took it on from there. Only rated 14th before this tournament, so they have done brilliantly to win group.

Malinga the Swinga
7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Ist game Afghanistan Monday 3pm

Then play runners up in other qualifying group Wednesday 3pm

Then week till play New Zealand. 

From players point of view, they will want to play the best. From supporters point of view, wouldn't mind Rashid and Nabi getting niggly injury tomorrow.

We have some winnable games there, ri.

:rofl: Hopefully.

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

No need, no need at all. Three professional performances, three wins. Beating Bangladesh was one that gave them confidence and they took it on from there. Only rated 14th before this tournament, so they have done brilliantly to win group.

Absolutely fantastic for the lads. And it gives us something to watch and support. 👍

Footballfirst

It's good to see the top order all contributing something to the performance.

I watch a few Carlton games during the summer, so I hope that Ali Evans gets another chance to show what he can do with the ball in the Super 12s.

33 minutes ago, Oxford City said:

What a brilliant result. Those of us who have sat through more than our fair share of near things for Scotland cricket will know exactly what a big deal this is. 

Just saw the scotland innings scorecard. Superb ❤️ 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 

willie wallace

Going to be brilliant to watch how they perform against the top teams in a major tournament.

Well done Scotland🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

42 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I watch a few Carlton games during the summer, so I hope that Ali Evans gets another chance to show what he can do with the ball in the Super 12s.

Used to head down to The Grange when The Saltires were playing in the C & G Trophy around 2005/6. Got to see some pretty decent players. Rahul Dravid was playing for Scotland at the time.

Malinga the Swinga
39 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

You see Evans on TV and he looks nothing special. I see him at gym, along with a few of the Scots guys who play in Scotland, and he's bloody enormous. He'll struggle to get in 11 though as conditions dictate spin will most likely dominate and Shariff or Evans will be fighting for 1 place.

Don't really care though, just pleased to be in Super 12. If they can grab a win then good, 2 wins is superb and anymore than that would be outstanding. Fancy they can beat Ireland/Namibia then Afghanistan or Pakistan might be possible as although both good teams, then can chuck in odd shit performance. New Zealand and India will be extremely tough.

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, JWL said:

Used to head down to The Grange when The Saltires were playing in the C & G Trophy around 2005/6. Got to see some pretty decent players. Rahul Dravid was playing for Scotland at the time.

Watched Scotland play New Zealand at Grange in previous 50 over world cup. Couldn't believe how far back keeper stood to Shane Bond. Christ, that boy was fast.

Used to play for Leith Franklin in the 80's but has to give up as I couldn't pick up ball from quickies, especially left handers, quickly enough. Always came off with left leg and side covered in bruises.

Malinga the Swinga

Almost as importantly, qualifying for the Super 12 gets Scotland into next T20 world cup in Australia in 2022 without having to go through pre-qualifying.

Footballfirst
33 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Watched Scotland play New Zealand at Grange in previous 50 over world cup. Couldn't believe how far back keeper stood to Shane Bond. Christ, that boy was fast.

Used to play for Leith Franklin in the 80's but has to give up as I couldn't pick up ball from quickies, especially left handers, quickly enough. Always came off with left leg and side covered in bruises.

One of the funniest moments I've ever seen in cricket was at the Grange, maybe 40 years ago.  Scotland played a one day game against the W Indies at the end of one of their tours. It may have involved Colin Croft or a young Courtney Walsh (my memory isn't perfect :lol:). He had just been hit for four by a Scotland batsman, so everyone knew that the next ball would be pitched halfway down the pitch. The only problem was that someone had thrown the bowler a red apple.  He tore in at full speed, launched the apple halfway down the pitch, which disintegrated on contact with bits of apple flying in every direction.  The batsman understandably shit himself while the W Indies side laughed their heads off.

Edit: I'm sure that Dennis Lillee had done something similar previously.

Edited by Footballfirst

12 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Almost as importantly, qualifying for the Super 12 gets Scotland into next T20 world cup in Australia in 2022 without having to go through pre-qualifying.

Even better, so that game yesterday was to qualify for 2 World Cups. Makes the win even more significant.

13 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

One of the funniest moments I've ever seen in cricket was at the Grange, maybe 40 years ago.  Scotland played a one day game against the W Indies at the end of one of their tours. It may have involved Colin Croft or a young Courtney Walsh (my memory isn't perfect :lol:). He had just been hit for four by a Scotland batsman, so everyone knew that the next ball would be pitched halfway down the pitch. The only problem was that someone had thrown the bowler a red apple.  He tore in at full speed, launched the apple halfway down the pitch, which disintegrated on contact with bits of apple flying in every direction.  The batsman understandably shit himself while the W Indies side laughed their heads off.

Edit: I'm sure that Dennis Lillee had done something similar previously.

I was at that. Mid nineties on a scorching hot Wednesday afternoon and Courtney Walsh did indeed bowl an apple at full pelt. Might have been Gavin Hamilton but not sure.

3 hours ago, JWL said:

I was at that. Mid nineties on a scorching hot Wednesday afternoon and Courtney Walsh did indeed bowl an apple at full pelt. Might have been Gavin Hamilton but not sure.

You've just taken me back to that day and our "designated driver" ended up steaming and dancing in front of the sightscreen by the end of the day. Never again!

Malinga the Swinga

Namibian tactics are strange. Both guys been in for ages and just playing safe.

Need to get going now before pressure ramps up.

Finally a boundary 

Malinga the Swinga

Ireland get wicket but fielder not inside circle when ball delivered. He's stepping back when bowler running in, which is not in rules.

Should have been no-ball.

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

Dennis Denuto

At least three winnable games there for Scotland. 

Three? India, Pakistan and NZ are ranked 2,3&4 in the world, even Afghanistan is a tough one, but as they are ranked below Bangladesh it is winnable.

Malinga the Swinga

Scotland have improved immeasurably in last couple of years, while Ireland have stood still and Netherlands gone backwards.

Even our women qualified for their world T20 and they crushed Ireland on getting there.

New coach seems to have got rotten apples out of squad and they are far more professional than they were.

First game against Afghanistan, who hammered W Indies in warm up game, will be crucial to confidence.

As long as they are competitive, then they have nothing to lose.

Malinga the Swinga

West Indies batted like school boys against England.

Embarrassing to see seasoned professionals unable to adapt to conditions.

England bowled well, but was never a 40 odd all out wicket.