Hearts Programmes

Ked

Don't think there's any value for singular Hearts programmes from say 1970 onwards, if your selling your collection better to sell off as 1 job lot at a reasonable price, most collectors will have the issues apart from the odd postponed issue from the late 70s (January 1979 Hibs for example) . 

Any Hearts issues from seasons in the early to mid 60s, 50s and late 40s are the ones to watch out for. 

I recently came into a large collection and I simply replaced any issues that were of worse condition, the rest were handed over to another collector with no cash transaction.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chuck Berry

• Das Viertel Hearts

• dannymack

• Maroon Sailor

Das Viertel Hearts
3 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Macaroon bars thro fence at bottom of shed corner....writing was on the wall then... :)

What dastardly villain thought up the gettttuurrspearminchuuunguummmmaecccaaareoon !!! As a plausible football watching snack???... remember this cry at the old Hampden!!!

1 hour ago, Das Viertel Hearts said:

What dastardly villain thought up the gettttuurrspearminchuuunguummmmaecccaaareoon !!! As a plausible football watching snack???... remember this cry at the old Hampden!!!

That brings back memories. 

On the subject of programmes I have loads home and away, I used to have more but sometime in the 70s when I was strapped for cash I sold a lot of the old ones. 

I'm not to bothered about the programmes but in among them was a signed menu which had been given to my grandmother by none other than Tommy Walker. The autograph of every member of team and staff who were on the ship heading to the USA and Canada tour in 1958 in effect the squad who won us our first league title for sixty-one years in 1957/58 season. 

TW has actually signed it wishing my father all the best. 

My Grandmother had got talking to him and when he heard how her son and all our family were Hearts daft he made a point of going round the whole Hearts party to get every single autograph. 

What a gent he was. 

I was half expecting to see it in the Hearts Museum but couldn't see it. 

One thing I remember about the menu was that it had a picture of the leaning tower of Pisa on the front cover. 

Edited by luckydug

Das Viertel Hearts
4 minutes ago, luckydug said:

That brings back memories. 

On the subject of programmes I have loads home and away, I used to have more but sometime in the 70s when I was strapped for cash I sold a lot of the old ones. 

I'm not to bothered about the programmes but in among them was a signed menu which had been given to my grandmother by none other than Tommy Walker. The autograph of every member of team and staff who were on the ship heading to the USA and Canada tour in 1958 in effect the squad who won us our first league title for sixty-one years in 1957/58 season. 

TW has actually signed it wishing my father all the best. 

My Grandmother had got talking to him and when he heard how her son and all our family were Hearts daft he made a point of going round the whole Hearts party to get every single autograph. 

What a gent he was. 

I was half expecting to see it in the Hearts Museum but couldn't see it. 

One thing I remember about the menu was that it had a picture of the leaning tower of Pisa on the front cover. 

Incredible...that's a story and a half ..certainly would be a great piece of Hearts history and I would think needs protection as part of the  glorious Hearts history methinks !!? 

8 minutes ago, Das Viertel Hearts said:

Incredible...that's a story and a half ..certainly would be a great piece of Hearts history and I would think needs protection as part of the  glorious Hearts history methinks !!? 

I would hope someone has kept it and not chucked it out in the bin. 

I have regretted letting it go for years but I was in a bad place at the time and not thinking straight. 

Das Viertel Hearts
5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I have regretted letting it go for years but I was in a bad place at the time and not thinking straight. 

Thinking straight is a fine art very few have managed!!! Hope it is in good company at least!! Was checking out tours to US for Hearts interesting stuff in the 50s and 60s !! 👍

Maroon Sailor

Love a football programme and will continue to buy but the market needs the younger generation to buy in to it.

They don't seem to do paper whether it be a newspaper or magazine in this digital age

Thhe current Hearts programme is tremendous value for money. I enjoy reading wit and, of course, adding it to my collection. It remains part of my 'football day'! 

Doctor FinnBarr
5 hours ago, luckydug said:

Bear in mind that the museum isn't big enough for all the mem that Hearts have, stuff gets changed from time to time so you never know mate.

9 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Bear in mind that the museum isn't big enough for all the mem that Hearts have, stuff gets changed from time to time so you never know mate.

Hopefully in future there is scope to extend the museum floorspace further to display more of our history.

58 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

What did people think?  I thought it's an improvement over the last couple of seasons. 

No question its better. 

Hearts Programme History.Season 1924/25 was the First season Hearts produced an Official Programme.How Many of these programmes have been found?No photo description available.No photo description available.

Das Viertel Hearts
1 hour ago, wfbarrel said:

Hearts have produced programmes since 1924/25  Allmost 100 years .Lets make sure we continue for another 100 years.No photo description available.May be an image of 4 people 

100%

On 30/10/2021 at 14:31, wfbarrel said:

Hearts Programme History.Season 1924/25 was the First season Hearts produced an Official Programme.How Many of these programmes have been found?No photo description available.No photo description available.

Where does that image come from?

joondalupjambo

Just put together every home and away Hearts programme, for every Scottish Cup game in all rounds where they got to a final from 1968 to 2012 plus in there as well is every League Cup semi and final reached and the Texaco Cup run to the final, home and away in the same period.  And to top it all this bulk lot includes a copy of the 1956 cup final.  And finally it includes a good number of ticket stubs for a lot of the finals.

It has taken me a while to do it but pretty happy it is all done and dusted.

This week's programme is a good read. But there's one massive mistake in the podcast article. 

Apparently Souttar's penalty last week made the score 1-1.

• 3 weeks later...